Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• cl5510cl5510 Posts: 1
    Good morning. Im in the process of negotiating a 2013 CRV-EX. Have done some research as to what the invoice is on this and I'm coming up with $24,209. Is this accurate. Also...the following is occurring:

-car automatically comes with Lo-Jack. Who thought of this? I have no use for Lo-Jack and the $695 is crazy.

MSRP is coming in 25725 and the dealer has discounted 1696. All said and done, OTD cost is 28,395. Dealer will not show me complete breakdown of costs so I can take off doc fees and other junk fees.

So two questions....1. What is the best way to handle? 2. What is a fair price for this car?

Thanks.
  • brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 2,732
    edited July 2013
    THE EX AWD model invoice price is $ 24,549 with dest/ charge of $830 brings total invoice price to-----------------$25,379 w .. dest charge

Fair price 1000 below dealers invoice $24,379 plus any rebates and incentives you qualify for which is then minused of the 24,379. Then you add your dmv, doc fee's, and taxes for the OTD price.

As far as low jack find another ex model with out or another dealership.

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

• chinbajchinbaj Posts: 4
    Hi,

I am looking to buy a new CRV EX-L w/o nav r entertainment.
    The local dealer here in Iowa gave me a number of "$27,960 plus fees and accessories".
    He also mentioned about "Conquest Cash of $500" for owning a non Honda car.
    But hasnt really given me a bill of sale or formal out the door price document.

What should I do.
    Shall I press him to send me the pricing contract or walk in the dealer ship.
    The dealership is about 30 miles from my house and I dont really want to drive all the way and back just so that they can subject me to all sorts of tricks and frustration.

Thanks,
    Chinbaj
    Hi,
    I just filled an online application for a Honda CR-V on the Honda financing site.
    In a few minutes I got an email saying I have been approved, but I don't find any mention of the APR in it.
    I looked at the certificate & even that has no mention of the APR.

Is this normal or does it mean I don't qualify for the 0.9%.

Thanks.
  • mynawallymynawally Posts: 5
    Hi, I'm new here and have been trying to follow this forum. We're interested in buying a new CR-V LX 2WD. I've contacted many dealers in and around my area and the best quote I received was $21,445 incl destination and handling, with an out the door price of 23,094 after t/l. Is this a good price? Or do you think if I waited till the 2014 comes out I would get a much better deal? TIA!
  • bella35bella35 Posts: 2
    edited July 2013
    Hi all! I got an internet quote for $24,300 for the EX 2wd. I think it includes the destination charge. I was planning to go this weekend, as it is close to the end of the month, and asking for $1500 off this invoice price. All that is left to pay is the tag, title, and maybe the doc fee. This will be my first time buying a car. Is this too much to ask off? I am a first time buyer and since the 2014 models are about to come out, I hoping they will give me a good discount off the invoice price. I was planning on also financing, so I could also get the additional $500 flex cash and another $500 Loyalty incentive and just pay off the loan immediately without penalty.
  • arvjarvj Posts: 7
    I've got a quote of $27,700 OTD price for a 2013 CR-V EX-L FWD with no nav or res. It includes the $500 for conquest program and $500 flex cash for Honda financing. It sure is a decent price but great or not considering 2014 model is just round the corner. Any suggestions/inputs?
    edited July 2013
    arvi,

If you want to breakdown your deal i will comment on your posting.
    For starters the OTD price gives no info on your deal. Each state has a different tax rate, doc fee, and dmv charge. .. Post this info

What is the buying Sale price of your model with destination charge included.
    What are the dealers doc fee charge.

If i am correct in assuming your model with dest/charge invoice price is

$26,690

Buying atleast 1000 below dealers invoice is a must for this model in late july with the 2014 rolling out in sept.
    Take another 1k off for incentives. If your sale price to buy is not $24,690 or lower its not a good deal. post what state your in.

• percybpercyb Posts: 3
    Getting ready to buy my first vehicle on my own (recent widow) and am not sure about negotiating.

I really would like the EX-L w navi only because driving alone its hard to know where I'm going all the time. Will the 2014 nav be an upgrade, heard many complaints about the current system. Also wondering about iPhone compatability with text messaging. Not available on the 2013 hope the 2014 is.

Will I be able to get much discount if I buy shortly after they arrive at the dealership if I opt for 2014? Internet pricing seems to be less of a hassle and hopefully better price break.

Thanks!!
  • googligoogli Posts: 2
    I do not know about your preferences for transmission, but for me it was a big consideration while making my purchase.

With the new Accord being rolled out with CVT, many say that the 2014 CR-V will also replace the current automatic tranny with a CVT.

Just something to think about.
    SAVE THE EXTRA MONEY ON HONDA 'S NAV SYSTEM. Not worth it. You could by a Garmin Nuvi for under 200 dollars and it will be easier to use and work better.

You will get a better deal on the 2013 dealer has on his lot. Unless the 2014 offers upgrade features but thats not the case this Suv is a 2nd yr model.

I would target the 5 closest dealers to your house call the internet managers of each place and negioate your target price with him/her before going down to the dealership. dealerships that see a woman will try to get over / rob you if you do not know pricing and how to negotiate. Read thru prior post to get a idea on pricing in your AREA and what they are selling for..

1500 below invoice price on a 2013 model is a good deal plus any incentives that apply. Make that your starting number to buy today.

If you need help just post in this forum.

Any thing the dealership tries to sell you in the back office just say No. Anything you dont know what it is.. Just say............................. No.

Brian

• arvjarvj Posts: 7
    Thanks Brian for the inputs. I live in TX so the tax is 6.25%, the tag and title fee is $131, typical doc fee dealers charge are $150-250 in my area. So essentially I'm looking at:

$26,690 - $1000 (dealer markup) - $1000 (incentives) = $24,690
    Tax = $1543
    Tag & Title = $131
    Doc fee = $150

So total should be $26,514 or lower for a good deal on a 2013 CRV EX-L FWD with no NAV/RES.
  • fiona6fiona6 Posts: 9
    Brian:

I have read lots of your posts here today and really appreciate your help. I and a first time buyer and want buy a LX CVT in Michigan and the dealer offered 21,680(790 destination included). I was wondering if 20,680( destination included) would be a good counteroffer. Thank you!

Fiona
    I would make sure i lose that dealerships number with a price like they are quoting you. For starters atleast 20,369 to buy.

2013 Accord lx cvt model invoice price with dest/ charge = $21,369.
    Your target price to buy for this model should be 1500 at best to 1000 at worst case below invoice price. The Lx model accord is selling at prices i have posted. Read my posts on buying online in this forum and in the Accord prices paid for a ideal how to get the best deal possible.

Post any other questions in the accord forum and i will help you.

Mistake number one when buying never ask a dealership for his quote. getting a E- price quote online is fine but When you are ready to buy
    You tell dealership that i will buy said make and model today for this price. which would be your target price.

• percybpercyb Posts: 3
    Thanks for all the input! Really appreciate it. Is there a built in navigation system that I can get?

Does the rear camera show up on the small screen if you don't get nav?
    There is. but you dont want to go thru all that hassle of cutting out and changing wiring in your new CRV to install a aftermarket nav system, If its done incorrectly you may incur electrical problems with Crv that wont be covered under warranty.

It would be best to get the Honda nav. system for the extra $1500 or simply buy that Garmin Nuvi,.............5 inch hand held screen model that mounts on the windshield.

The back up camera as far as i know does come without getting the nav. system.

Good luck on your choice.

• dghtrfgddghtrfgd Posts: 30
    they did say SPECIFICALLY that the interest rate will be lowered because the bank feels more secure with the lo jack and extended warranty package.
    (don't know why i had a brain-blip...probably always a better idea to have someone with you when they try to work you over...)
    My question now is: How do i cancel "in writing"?
    Should i send a certified letter?
    Is email sufficient?
    also-- for you seasoned honda owners: i've noticed two things that irk me about my new honda crv exl awd:
    1) the honk of the horn seems tinny and weak. is that just my car, or is that the standard honda crv horn sound?
    2) is it normal to hear rattling in the car cabin when driving or idling? there's one rattle that comes from the passenger side window (when rolled up) and one rattle that seems to come from the back of the car...am i just beoing hyper-sensitive to sounds that should be considered "normal"?
    brian's right (as usual;) -- get the garmin and save your cash...
    as for camera-- it IS standard with or without the nav...
  • will123will123 Posts: 8
    edited July 2013
    Beware of this lie. Went to a dealer to test drive the CRV. I knew I wouldn't buy here but also wanted to hear the dealer spiel.

He said that if you get flex cash you are required to keep the loan for at least 3 months. Completely incorrect as I verified this with American Honda Finance Corp. You can pay it off as soon as they get the paperwork - in about 3 days.

Get this- their best deal - $300 over invoice and they will give you $500 in options.

JL Freed Honda - Montgomeryville PA
  • cowboy62cowboy62 Posts: 9
    What are the big differences between LX and EX (not EX-L)?

Thanks.
  • natbundsnatbunds Posts: 3
    Can you tell me where in Texas you got this quote? (Dealership/City) Thanks!
  • liboglibog Posts: 8
    I originally just posted this message in wrong thread which i deleted.

My wife insists on navigation isntead of using her phone or garmin

But these are the starting quotes:

$26834 + frieght, tags, taxes, processing fee. This already includes the incentives. This was the starting quote for a no hassle/haggle internet quote from Criswell Honda in Germantown, MD.

true market value on edmonds after desitnation and regional fee is $29,840. Before these fees was $28,988

Reading from the forums, the goal is to shoot for 1500 below invoice.

I am guessing this is a good price. But this was only the first quote from the 1st dealer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------
    Got another starting quote for $26,742 from Sport Honda in Silver Spring, Md

Got another starting quote for $27850 +tax +tags + $200 processing fee + $830 freight... OTD $30,904.80 From Jim Coleman Honda in Clarksville, Maryland
    Hello all,

Here is what I got my local dealer in Iowa.

28000 (Start price + Dest charge)
    +400 (Accessories that I wanted)
    -1000(Dealer discount)
    -500 (Honda incentive)
    +129 (doc fee)
    ---------------------
    $27029
    +1700(approx) tax,title,etc
    ---------------------
    $28729 Total

Considering that there arent very many dealers here in Iowa, I dont know If I can get any better than this within 50 miles of my residence.

Let me know what you guys think.
    Read my posting in the accord forum and try the other dealers i posted in there for you. At 1500 below invoice you should hit your targeted price with some of the dealerships. Dont forget to add any incentives and rebates that apply after your agreed sale price..

• Hello Bob529,

I am also in Atlanta and looking for EX-L.

Can you share with me dealer name and sales person you worked with ?

This seems to be good deal to me.

Thanks
  • will123will123 Posts: 8
    Hi Chinbaj - just curious. Which options did you select and what were the individual costs?
    Splash guards - (This one they picked for me. They come factory installed and basically can be given free, but the dealer was ready to go to war for charging me $100 for them.)

All Season weather mats (These they included but removed on my asking. But I added them back on 2nd thoughts after looking at equivalent ones in Walmart, Amazon, etc. They come a little cheaper than original Honda ones).

Cargo Holder (Same story as all season. Couldn't find any significantly cheaper and original ones).

Total comes to about $390 incl "installation" :) .

I know I could have saved some $$ but I was really tired and wanted to get it done with.

Let me know If you need more info.

Thanks
    correction the quote from sport honda for $26,742 was crv awd without nav or res. $28961 + $189 processing flee + tax + title for crv awd with nav.

Bel Air Honda in MD is offering crv awd with nav starting for $27434.15 + $830 frieght + $524 for MD fees + tax 6% - $500 for loyalty + accessory $387 wheel locks which I am not asking for.
    edited July 2013
    thank you for the replies brian.

I just wanted to clarify because I have seen you post different things

To calculate the target price I have seen at least these 3 recommendations:

1)
    Invoice price - does this price include freight?
    minus the dealers hold back (how do you find this out?)
    minus dealers doc fee's
    minus any rebates and incentives due to you.
    Now add your dmv and states taxes for your OTD price.

2) Invoice -$1500 - any rebates/incentives. Should I still be subtracting doc fees. what about freight with this formula? How does this apply to a starting quote of $26834 not including tax, title, freight, and processing. I thought the invoice was based on what you see in the edmund's calculator for build a car? invoice $28434 +$830 freight. But it seems like everyone in there posts are including destination/freight fee in their invoice?

3)And look at other buying prices that people obtained in this thread.

I think I am just confusing myself a little the more I am reading.

Also I saw your post about financing. Is it necessary to pre-finance with outside lender if you plan on just paying it off in 7-10 days like you do?