Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 2,685
    edited December 2013
    Just for the Nav

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

• So in this dealer quote, how much "below invoice" am I paying?

2014 CRV EX AWD Invoice price: $25,520 (truecar.com)

23,500 car price
    830 destination
    1,703.10 State tax
    299 Doc fee
    296 MV fee (Plates and 4 year Reg)
    7.50 tire tax
    8.50 MV processing fee

= $26,644.10 OTD price.

I did not include the flex cash for simplicity sake, but I would just subtract $500 from the OTD price, correct?

Thank you so much again Brian.
    edited December 2013
    Here is your breakdown in price.

2014 ex awd invoice = $ 24,689
    Dest/ charge.....................830
    total..........................$ 25,519

Your previous post was correct . Dealer is selling you vehicle for $1189 below invoice price. Dealer is taken back 300 for doc fee's so your total is 889 below invoice price. Your 500 flex will come off after taxes and final bill is totaled.

Given you a $1389 dollar below invoice price on a 2014 vehicle. Its possible to get a few more dollars off your deal but overall if you make this deal tomm..... you have done well..

Post your deal with state and dealers name so others can get similar pricing after you wrap up your deal.

• "Remember get the lowest price possible on the vehicle then have dealership work in the correct lease numbers...."

So do you tell the dealers that you don't know if you're looking to buy or lease, and you don't know if you're trading in or not in the beginning?
  • Thanks Brian I'm understanding this now! You are awesome.

I see you put flex back into the total giving me $1389 below invoice... The previous buyer said he got $1500 below invoice PLUS the $500 incentive. That's how he got it for 25,000 OTD. That is way far from my current $26600+ you say is a good deal.

Regarding the phone call with the internet manager. If/when he agrees to my price. I just give him my credit card over the phone and trust that he will honor the price? Shouldn't I ask to see it in writing by fax or email first? How can I be sure he will refund the deposit if the deal is not the same when I get to the dealership?
    You could tell dealer if your buying or leasing. When you trade in a vehicle makes the deal alot harder. No matter what price dealer gives you on the new vehicle you still need to go show them your car. I never mention it til i go to dealership. telling each of the 3 best price dealers i decided to trade in my car.

Prepare to lose money on your trade especially if your getting a great deal on the new car. Most dealer use Galves or nada pricing. If you could get pricing close to kelly blue book you have done well. Its always best to sell your car privately.

• daryll44daryll44 Posts: 306
    What are the current, if any, incentives on CRV in the Atlanta area? What exactly is "flex cash" and how do I know if it's available? And my daughter is a May 2012 college grad...is there some additional "college grad" deal? And if she finances thru Honda, is there some deal that gives extra cash for financing? We prefer to pay cash but if we can finance and pay it off within a few months (but still keep the cash) we'll play that game. Also am I correct that all CR-Vs come with Bluetooth and backup camera?
    If you pursue no more money off your current deal with the addition of flex cash you have a good deal on the table. You are in that 500 to 1500 below invoice range plus incentives/ rebates. Not every area sells the same. some states you will see better pricing. By contacting 10/ 20 dealerships in your area is how you determine your area's market price.

Your email/ phone calls to dealerships. If dealer agree's on price and goes over all charges and you believe him/her you could go down to dealership to meet them. If dealership is not close i make them send me a faxed bill of sale were we both sign it. then i leave a credit card deposit. If dealership cant produce a vin number for my model having that bill of sale sign by him is very important.
    Credit card deposit with vin number of my model

RE- fundable credit card deposit with no Vin number written on deposit with dealership signing it.

edited December 2013
    Your daughter is entitled to honda's college grad money either 400 or 500.

In addition to that if she qualify's for financing thru the Honda corp. she will also get another 500 dollar rebate called flex cash.

Some dealerships have it to give some dont, You need to ask each dealership and make your best deal with a flex cash dealership Or you lose out on 500 off your bill of sale if your financing vehicle.

• bj77bj77 Posts: 12
    edited December 2013
    If anyone manages to get a 14 CRV EX AWD for 25k OTD (everything included) or less in DC area, please post your invoice details.

Thanks for your help!
  • OK. I've made my best offer to the dealerships. Now comes the waiting.

As far as financing goes. If I plan to finance 20k at 0.9% for 36 months through Honda Financing, I should expect to pay $563.20 for 36 months. I should not expect the dealership to tack on any 'extra' doc fee or financing fee for the 'paperwork' of doing the financing, etc?

I hope my journey is helping some other people reading these messages too Brian. Thanks again.
    Thats little confusing as it had the trade in..Not sure if that was factored in properly for the OTD price
    Let me know if you get anything this month..Thanks again!
    Thank you all who answered my prior questions. I feel ready to go to Atlanta and work a deal. You guys got me up to speed! One more question: If we want to get a Honda warranty, what's the cheapest way to do that? With Toyota (I have 3 Toyota products), there are dealers who sell the warranties via the internet cheaper than the local dealers. Is this "game" similar for Honda?
  • This person claimed to get it for $24,899!

http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.ef11a94/13014#MSG13014

Which seems incredibly low compared to what I'm willing to pay today in my area (26k) sigh.
    Hi,

Congrats on your new CRV!

Can you send a copy of your invoice to balaji_jb@hotmail.com.

Thanks
    B
    Gotcha...Good luck with your search!

Will circle back if I get any good deals :)
    edited December 2013
    The game is the same. Do your legwork online finding the lowest warranty deals than have your selling dealer match if he wants your business.

Below are a few dealers who sell cheaper than most dealerships.

Bernardi
    Saccucci
    Hyannishondacare.com

I have used Bernardi several times for my honda parts and they seem to have the best prices in the counrty.

• s_derek : Would you be able to share your invoice details if I give you my email id. I am from Minnesotam thought of negotiating on the actual price of the vehicle using this invoice.
    edited December 2013
    OK, I contacted one of the dealers suggested and they are supposed to send me warranty info. But this might not happen as quick as I need. Maybe someone here can tell me a ballpark price. The new 2014 CRV will probably only be driven 5000-7000 miles per year for at least the first few years. So I don't need a 150,000 mile warranty. Just want something to cover big repairs in years, say 3-7. After 7 years we'll probably be ready for something new no matter what. Probably not more than 75,000 miles total in 7 years.

And thank you all for the help here. I REALLY appreciate it!
    7 yrs........... No deductable your looking 900 to 1300 dollars. Call bernardi honda

edited December 2013
    CRv2go

You have absolutely no leverage with price showing another dealer a price from out of state. Unless the 2 dealers are within striking distance that sales order holds no weight for your dealership.

Your dealership may tell you to go buy it from over there if you want that price.

There are much more creative ways to try and get that good price on the home front.

• I have used this forum in the past for 2007 Pilot purchase and last a 2012 Accord SE. I am trading Pilot- rack is going out unexpectedly, but in market for 2014 CRV EX 2wd- I'm in Houston/Woodlands Tx.

I just sent queries to approximately 8 dealers- we have many more in the area-large market.

1st quote received was from Gillman in Houston.... all include destination- no quote should leave this out as everyone pays it.

CRV EX 2wd LX-- 20,444.51
    EX 22,368.99
    EXL-- 24,795.99

They are very aggressive on pricing as you can see. Thats why my Accord was purchased there.
    Primary reason for post is to let others know of deals to be had- I realize significant regional differences and maybe more availability here- certainly larger number of dealers... Availability of CRV is excellent and this is time to buy. Good Luck :)
  • Please add destination to above quotes- specifically asked dealer to quote with same but didn't- just found in small print-darn dealers :(.. Still some pretty smoking deals
  • Brian,

I been reading the thread with interest since I am in the market for a new CRV EXL. I find you input very informative and helpful. Thank you ! I am in Dallas, TX. It's my understanding that I should aim for $800 - $1500 below invoice for the new 2014 model. And if dealers have 2013 models left over, I should aim for $2000 below invoice. Am I correct for this pricing strategy? Thank you in advance for the help.
  • msundaram73msundaram73 Posts: 8
    edited December 2013
    Ditto that. Folks like Brian are extremely helpful, perhaps we all need to send him Christmas gifts since he likely saves all of us ton of our hard earned money.
    I am getting quotes for 2014 EX-l no NaV at 24,200-24,300, includes 500 of flex cash, plus destination of 830 will make it 25,100-25200 as sales price plus 499 proc fee, plus tax3-4%, plus 75 for tags/title....OTD at roughly 26,900. I think his a good price...open to hear other views...will be very happy thare more details one I close on it as I want juice it a bit more by asking for some throw ins.
    Hey guys thanks,

been buying new cars for over 40 years for family, friends, and friends of friends. I can honestly say i have purchased over 1000 new cars by phone and fax or going to dealerships with deal already wrapped up.. I speak from experience so i'm more than happy to help a new buyer or someone who dont buy many cars. Seen it all over the years.

I like to buy at months end last 2 days, last day to ensure i'm getting that dealerships best price and have his full attention.

Autoseeker............. 2013 model depending on your area there is no reason to buy a 2013 for 2000 below invoice price if you could get close to 1500 with flex cash for a 2014 model. Weight your options.

Probably best to find a dealership that has your 2013 model and see if you could get close to 3000 below invoice price then work the price on a 2014 mode. then decide........ 2013 and 2014 are same vehicle. Only problem is in 2 weeks on jan,1 2014 that 2013 is now a 1 year old model vehicle and has depreciated fully. Thats why i say you need to make the difference up price wise. Dealers know this.

If your a smart buyer and bring it to the dealers attention he may not treat you like the average person who he knows he could get over on. And will consider selling this vehicle to you for your price / Not his price..
    again the problem lies in some states if supply is down dealers may not want to sell cheap . Dealers know that 1 or 2 2013 models left on his lot he will easily sell or sucker a Un- educated buyer. Just dont let it be you.

• Ok, so I just received a quote from one of the dealerships that you recommended, Brian. (New Rochelle). $28,205 for a 2014 CRV EX-L w Nav. Seems like a start. I sent an email back asking for lease quotes and if there were any incentives and flex cash.
    Is invoice on this vehicle $29,125? That's what I saw from some of the earlier posts.
    I'll see what they come back with. Then I'll start talking trade in for my current car. Then I'll compare to Bay Ridge.
    Is the price target $27,900 incl destination the price target I should be looking for? I saw it on another post...
    Thanks!
    Invoice price plus dest/ charge below for a 2014

exl/w nav= 28,574 plus 830 dest/ charge= $ 29,404