Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• You guys should check out the AMEX ZAG website with a zip code of 92354 (Loma Linda, CA). They are showing a 2010 CR-V LX 4WD for $20,723 or an EX for $22,879. This is the lowest price I have found for a 2010.
  • Believe it or not there is not one Hyundai Tucson GLS in the state of Florida to be had so I'm on to my second choice.
    I'm going down to see Brahman Honda on Monday. Over the phone they mentioned being able to get me into a 2010 CRV-EX, 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year at $310/month, nothing down not including tax and license.
    Any advice on both what I should offer for car and if there are any better lease deals out there?
    TMV has a price of $23,577 and Amex has $23,348. I think they both may be high given that the 2011s should be here soon
  • dolphinedolphine Posts: 2
    edited September 2010
    I tried to buy my first Honda.
    They said they don't have 2011 model yet.
    I liked 2010 Honda CRV EXL AWD with navigation.
    I'm in SF bay area, what is good price to negociating? anyone bought recently?
    Thanks.
  • Do you have a leased CRV? You might be in a good position to get out of the lease early and trade into a new vehicle. Take the extra time to compare lease buyout versus market value.
  • pjbl13pjbl13 Posts: 2
    Need some advice.
    I am seriously looking at two 2008 EX-L CRV's
    1) 2WD; 27Kmiles for 19K
    2) AWD; 23Kmiles with roof rack and fog lights for 22.5K
    After seeing some of the problems on the forum with the AWD, I'm hesitant, although it is in better overall looking condition and would be nice in the rain and snow - I live in CA
    Obviously the 2WD is less, but is the AWD a good addition or asking for problems?
    Thanks!!
  • jcihakjcihak Posts: 60
    The only reason I bought a CRV instead of a Mazda5 or other minivan type vehicle was the AWD. If you don't want AWD I think there are better choices out there.

There is always more maintenance and probability of a failure (and lower mpg) with AWD/4WD. But, if you look at the Consumer Reports reliability of CR-Vs they are pretty good.
  • So everyone tells me that the great thing about Hondas is that they retain their value. Our lease is almost up on a 2008 CR-V, and our payoff amount is $15,900. The private party resale value for this car is approximately $19,000. I don't want to keep the car, but I also don't want to lose the equity I have in it, so I'd like to buy it and resell it via Craigslist or newspaper ads. But what is the likelihood of a private party financing a vehicle for this price from a private seller? A bank's interest rates will likely be higher than the promos offered by a dealership for a new car. Doesn't it seem more likely that a person would buy a new car for a lower interest rate, for about the same monthly payment? I'd really love some feedback on this, particularly from anyone who bought and then resold their leased vehicle. Was it more trouble than it was worth?
  • pjbl13pjbl13 Posts: 2
    Depending on your model and miles you may not get 19K.
    I'm buying a used one and getting financing thru my Credit Union at a pretty good rate.
    I've tried dealers and they are not budging much on price, so buying a new even at a goot rate, may not be that great a payment.
    But, be sure on the "open market" that you can actually get 19K and don't rely on the Blue Book.
  • kyfdx@Edmundskyfdx@Edmunds Posts: 25,946
    If you buy the car, then re-sell it, you'll have to pay sales tax on your purchase.. I'm pretty sure that Honda Finance won't let you sell your car directly to another private party.

Generally, the only way to realize equity out of a Honda that is near lease-end, is to trade it in to a dealer that will give you more than your payoff.. As you probably realize, trade-in value won't be much more than your payoff, cutting into your "equity".

Your questioning who would buy a three year old CR-V for $19K from a private seller is pretty much right on... That market is pretty small.

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Get the AWD if you frequently head to the mountains. If not - the FWD 2008 has traction control and stability assist and handles very well in all conditions. Get rid of the factory tires and invest in better rubber (consult Tire Rack customer reviews for your vehicle) to make you even safer in rough weather.

I bought a 2007 FWD EX-L in April and live in New England and plan to purchase snows this winter - a good investment for me. We also have a Pilot for really bad storms if we are heading to the mountains. Better gas mileage with the FWD mileage than AWD due to less weight and fewer repairs/maint.

19K for an EXL with 27K sounds decent to me. My 2007 had 75K and I bargained down to 14,500 but it started at 16,700. good luck.
  • tasaytasay Posts: 36
    Hi,
    Where did you get that price?

TIA.
  • 97crv97crv Posts: 1
    Don't know about CA, but in MA, I just bought a 2011 CRV EX-L with Navigation for $26,420. With $780 destination, it came to $27,200. I had planned to buy the 2010 model, which I knew was on sale, but at time of purchase I was told the 2011 model was only $200 more. There must be sales on both year's models. Good luck!
  • Hi, first use "AOL auto" and/or overstock.com auto, and truecar.com to get a rough idea for the 2011 price. Then talk to at least 5 dealership for the best price they could offer. Some dealers might be motivated for a "quick sale" as long as you don't have to test drive and long negociate... We are looking for a SE model (in SF bay area) and the best OTD (out of the door) price we could get is around $23,250. If someone else was able to get even better price please let us know, thanks!
  • New Jersey - just leased for $0 down and $359/mo (incl all taxes) for 3 yrs/36 K miles. Price includes maintenance plan (N5+). How'd I do?
  • just got a quote from a dealer. what do you think?

2010 CR-V EX-L 4WD
    MSRP: $28,525.00
    Discount: $1,489.29
    Your Price: $27,035.71

2011 CR-V EX-L 4WD
    MSRP: $28,675.00
    Discount: $400.00
    Your Price: $28,275.00

2010 Accord EX-L
    MSRP: $27,580.00
    Discount: $2,610.50
    Your Price: $24,969.50

2011 Accord EX-L
    MSRP: $28,105.00
    Discount: $1,000.00
    Your Price: $27,105.00

I asked for OTD pricing, but not 100% this is OTD.
  • Hi,

A Massachusetts dealer's "no haggle" internet price of $21,000 includes destination. Title, tax and registration are the only fees. Is this a good deal or should I haggle for a better deal since I'm paying cash? This is my first vehicle.

Thanks
  • I'd suggest getting the "other fees" number nailed down. What you need to get is the "out the door" price. It's very easy to get screwed at the last minute when they start talking about destination fees, etc. I've been told by car salesmen to ask how much i'd be financing if i were financing 100% of the vehicle. What dealer? I'm in that area & would love to know.
  • Hi Wailingmilk -- I'm in MA as well. Would love to know where the CRV EXL for $27,035.71 came from. I'm actually looking for an EX but would like to shop the same dealer as that price appears to be pretty aggressive & I need the break!! :)
  • Sorry, I'm in Kentucky...not MA.
    The prices I listed (turns out) were not OTD prices. The dealer has since sent me a OTD pricing:

2010 CR-V EX-L 4WD: $28,965.06

2011 CR-V EX-L 4WD: $30,212.45

2010 Accord EX-L: $26,847.82

2011 Accord EX-L $29,011.67

any comments about prices would be appreciated.

W.
  • dc511dc511 Posts: 6
    Picked up a new 2010 CR-V EXL 4WD yesterday from a dealer in MD

Price:$24,800
    +freight
    +processing fee (100$)
    +tax and tags

OTD price : $26,500
    Dealer also threw in free protection package which includes splash/mud guards, trunk tray, nitrogen inflation, pinstripes

Very happy with the purchase. Love my new 'V'.

Thanks for all your postings