Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• narenare Posts: 1
    I was told at the dealership in Okemos MI that 2WD are not being made, and will not be made for months (if at all). Have others heard this info?
  • My papers are inside the Car. I will go through it and let u know the itemized details. In meantime, please find below the approximate details .

price: 23700
    Tax: 1850 (CA)
    Doc fee, dmv fee, etc: 400
    - got around seven fifty dollar rebate from Honda (if u will go through the Honda financing)
  • tpcooltpcool Posts: 15
    hi,

I am looking to purchase the 2012 CRV EX- 2WD model. I am located in the bay area, CA. I talked to few dealers, and only South Bay Honda (Milpitas) seems to have the color and model that I want. I talked to Dublin Honda also, and I asked if they can give the car at invoice, and he said he can give it at Invoice + $1000, but they don't have the color that I want. Is this a good deal. I am planning to use the same price or start off with Invoice + $500 when negotiating with South Bay Honda.

Numbers will come out like this (tentative)

Option-1: Low Ball Invoice + $500

Invoice + Destination + $500
    = $22,699 + $810 + 500
    = $24,009

OTD = vehicle price + Tax,Tags,License at 9.35% approx
    = $24,009 + $2,248
    = $26,258

Option-2: Invoice + $1000

Invoice + Destination + $1000
    = $22,699 + $810 + 1000
    = $24,509

OTD = vehicle price + Tax,Tags,License at 9.35% approx
    = $24,509 + $2,292
    = $26,801

Do you guys think is it a good deal? I am thinking of starting off with option-1 and max option-2. Do you know of any other dealer who can beat this price? I will be taking external financing.

It is weird that all the local dealers here have only a handful of 5 to 8 2012 models on the lot. Does anyone know when dealers are going to full inventory? Not sure if full inventory will lower the pricing, but at least customers will have more options to choose from.

thanks
  • Anybody heard much on the LX models? I've gotten differing accounts from the dealers around here. Some are saying they will be available later this month; some are saying they're not even in production yet.

However, I have gotten some price quotes on the LX already. Looking for one with no options, I've been quoted $22,600 (including destination fee, but not including tax & tag) and then $21,850 (same). Anyone else heard prices on the LX?

By the way, this is in Mississippi.
  • I should've added that I'm looking at the 2WD
  • I plan to purchase a 2012 FWD EX-L in a week. Is it a good price for $500 over invoice, ads, dest.? I am living in San Jose, CA.

Truecar invoice 25,157
    ads 270
    dest 810
    = 26,237 plus $500

That would be 26,737 plus ttl,docs,tax as total.
    Yes, I would think so Invoice + 500 is a decent target. I would say start off with Invoice and then converge to Invoice + 500. Even I am thinking of buying EX 2WD. I am also in Bay area, San Jose
    Just stumbled on the website of Clawson Honda in Fresno, CA. They seem to have lot of 2012 CRV vehicles.

I selected Honda + 2012 + CRV + Any Trim

"108 Vehicles currently match your selection, displaying 1 to 30"

All my local dealers in bay area seem to have just under 10 vehicles, but these guys seem to have huge inventory.

Any one have experience with these guys? I am yet to contact this dealer, and see what price they will offer. May be going on month end will work?

Any other thoughts? I am looking for CRV EX 2WD. Targeting for Invoice + 500 max
  • It is a web page problem. You cannot select make/model, that's why you get a list of all type of Honda vehicles in the result report. I see there're about 20 of them.
  • There's a regional fee $244 from TureCar.com. I wonder if that is part of dealer's commission too.
    Does anybody know about this cost -- ads fee?

thanks。
  • I talked to the sales by phone at South Bay last night. My feeling is that they will get the color you want if they are interested in doing business with you.
    I have got the quote by phone from the sales by phone, but I am wondering how much I should bargain when I go to their office.
    edited January 2012
    As I said, I think it is really hard to get a correct price on the phone. Once we are there in the dealer, start off with invoice and move upto invoice + 500 or invoice + 750. We should be ready to walk away. I would assume all the dealers will be getting more and more inventory in few days/weeks.

One sales rep at stevens creek mentioned that all the cars in the first lot are coming directly from Japan, and she says later it will be local assembly. Not sure how much this is true, and if it makes a difference at all
  • If the VIN number starts with J, then it is made in Japan. The paper on the windows also tell you the location it was assembled, and the percentage of the parts made in US, as I remembered. (I have test drive about 7 cars in last weekend.)
    Thanks, this is good info about VIN starting with J
    edited January 2012
    I would think. All these can be negotiated to be taken out

Mandatory/legit is only (vehicle + parts) invoice + destination + any nominal doc fee

By the way, does anyone what is a reasonable doc fee in CA

How much we should negotiate the doc fee for?
  • California's Doc fee is capped at $55
  • If it is starting with numbers, like 1,or 2, then it is assembled in US.
  • This is the first time I used the Internet to inquire the quote for new car purchase. Just want to share with you the result. I asked quotes for CRV 2WD EX-L in my neighborhood, the bay area. I think I will go to visit them over the weekend one by one from the top to bottom. It may not mean too much, but just an indicator how much they want to do the business with me.

• that's a good deal.
  • ditadita Posts: 2
    need some help here folks. I'm moving to the bay area next week and only have 2 days before my new employment begins.
    I have narrowed down my crv to 2WD-EX with non acceptable colors being black,white and sage colors (all other colors acceptable).
    what is the best way to go about getting genuine quotes from the bay dealers and how wide should I cast the net? 50 miles? 100 miles?

I'm coming from a small town where at most, we may have 2 or 3 dealers so it's easy to get quotes.

In the bay area, there are 20 dealers, should I hit every one of their website and submit for a quote? or should I make my own email template and send it to each of the dealers (don't know their email id's).

Also, in the Bay Area, do we need a AWD vehicle or a 2WD will suffice?
    we will primarily use this vehicle to get to work and for general pleasure...
    Thanks much