Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• prs6prs6 Posts: 9
    Which state you have purchased that from?
  • Thanks for posting your price. This gives me a better idea when I go in this weekend to haggle for the LX model. BTW, did you have to deal with something called the "dealer inventory tax"? From what I'm reading, this is a tax that dealers have to pay at the end of the year and they've tried to pass this on to the buyer. Just curious.
  • A reporter is looking to speak with someone who bought a new Honda or Toyota within the last two months. Specifically, he’s most interested in speaking with someone who intentionally held off on buying one of these vehicles last year because the dealer did not have it in stock. If you meet this criteria, please send a brief description of your experience and your contact info to pr@edmunds.com by no later than Wednesday, February 29, 2012.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• petergibonspetergibons Posts: 2
    edited February 2012
    Has anyone else received a letter like the letter we received? The letter is titled Assistance Letter and gives two options.

Option one is: Trade in vehicle and receive "Top Market Value" towards the purchase of a new Honda and receive dealer name Honda's Employee Pricing. That's right, you pay what we pay and you still receive all incentives!

Option two: Sell us your vehicle! No purchase necessary! We'll pay top dollar for Honda vehicles even if you don't purchase a vehicle from us.

The letter goes on to say it is not a gimmick, and that Employee pricing will allow us to purchase any Honda in stock and pay what are employees pay. The trade negotiation will not happen and claims to be a no hassle no haggle way to buy a Honda.

The letter says the offer will expire on 02-28-12 and is from a dealer a half hour away.

So how legit is this? We would like to trade in our 2007 Odyssey for a new CRV AWD EX and not walk away getting nailed by hidden or fixed charges, or feeling like we were taken advantage of.

Should we look into this?

Thanks,

Pete
  • Looking for current prices paid in CT
  • I purchased a 2012 CRV LX AWD for $22,200 + Taxes/fees. Satisfied with purchase as of now. Getting some real good mileage.
  • I live in Jacksonville Florida. Has anyone bought a CR-V EX 2WD or 4WD from a local dealer? Would you mind posting your price? Originally, I was leaning toward the LX, but I the look of the White (Diamond Pearl). Thanks.
  • vpalvpal Posts: 2
    Can someone tell me what is the Fluid change intervals for Honda CRV. I have been doing the following:
    Oil change - every 5k miles
    Rear Diff fluid - 15k
    Transmission fluid - 30k
    Brake fluid - ?
    Power steering - ?
    Tire rotation - 5k
    Alignment - 10k

Please let me know if above is appropriate or I need change or add anything? I live in Charlotte which has Normal driving conditions. Please let me know any more regular maintainace I need to do.
  • I am also looking for CRV 2012 EX FWD. The best quote I have got so far is 22821 including destination fee in chicago. My goal is to get it down to 22k..which would get it to 24K OTD
  • Thanks, sunnsm. 24K OTD would be sweet. Please keep posted, if you would. Good luck.
  • Sure...assuming Feb end would show some good deals
  • rabbitmanrabbitman Posts: 1
    edited February 2012
    I just bought my 2012 Honda CRV EX 2WD in urban titanium for $23,800 + body side moldings, chrome exhaust, lifetime oil change and cargo mat, the OTD price was 26,000 even. According to kbb.com my price is $300 above invoice so I think I did really well, thoughts?
  • Forget what you read on Edmunds, TrueCar, and CarsDirect about pricing and "true dealer cost", etc. On Feb. 11, 2012 I purchased a new CR-V, EX L w/Nav for $26,499, which included the mud flaps and the rubber cargo tray. - MSRP was $29,355, + about $302 for the flaps and the cargo tray, which the dealer already installed and said I could have for free - they also said I got the $895 add-on "appearance package" which walkin customers pay for (since it is already added tot he sticker price on the window), but since I was and"internet" customer I would not be charged for that...hmmmm...

Based on Edumunds information I got it for about $900 UNDER invoice; based on CarsDirect I got it for about $1000 under invoice. And, "invoice" is not what the dealer pays. According to TrueCars I got it for about $800 under "what the true dealer cost" is - they say the "true" delaer cost is $27.072!

The car is Alabaster Silver with black leather interior - so far, so good...
  • tnvol4tnvol4 Posts: 5
    edited February 2012
    Purchased 2012 crv ex-l, no nav, no RES $25,352. It was $23,000 OTD after $4,500 for my trade in memphis. This included wheel locks, nitro tires, mud flaps, and cargo tray.
  • Hi, we are looking for 2012 Honda CR-V LX FWD in San Jose area. I got a quote for OTD $24,200. Will appreciate all the inputs. Thanks.
  • Check "truecar.com" for pricing. $400 over invoice + T+L is good.
  • sunbu95sunbu95 Posts: 15
    edited February 2012
    dealer don in marion ohio.

MSRP 29105
    add cross bars 270
    total 29375

doc 250, tax 1862, title 15, 30 day ohio tag 18.50

my price otd 29478
  • what state are you in, that price just seems unobtainable. I am in Florida. Can you post anymore information. I am looking for and EXL Nav 2wd as well and would love to get anywhere close to that deal. Thanks.
  • Is this a FW or an AW drive EX-L?
  • It is a FW, it also included lifetime oil changes.