Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• ben_nben_n Posts: 6
    Thanks for your help, Brian. A quick follow up - how quickly does Pen fed respond to the auto loan application? As I am not active military, I'll have to pay for the $25 membership before I can even apply online for the auto loan. As I am planning to buy this week, just wanted to make sure the turn-around time after I submit my auto loan application online...do I get the decision in real time as soon as I submit it.
    Thanks again.
    Ben
  • brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 2,415
    edited January 2013
    Ben
    i plan on using them next month. i would think a week at best is all they need to approve. i used Capital one auto 2 yrs ago and they approved me in 24 hrs. but there rates are not good right now... just double check that there is No penalty for pre payment. God only knows with these Clowns that are running the gov't... What changes are comming down the road.

Note... Try to purchase the last days of any month or a quarters End . Buyers tend to make there best deals due to dealerships selling quota' s....

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

• ben_nben_n Posts: 6
    Many thanks, Brian. Happy new year!
  • njcrv2njcrv2 Posts: 7
    I got my CR-V LX AWD this afternoon with a OTD closed to $25000. This morning I contact 15 dealer no body welling to give me a price 500-1000 lower than invoice. My advise try PaulMiller first or wait until July or any big holiday in order to get a big saving. Thank Brian.
  • sambesambe Posts: 6
    Hello Antons911 -
    That is exactly the model that I am looking for. Would you mind sharing the dealer and sales person that you got the deal from.
  • I'm in NY, Dealer in NJ:
    29232 OTD
    25475 EX AWD
    300 plates 
    1721.85 tax
    299 doc fee 
    Accessories
    splash guard $146.00
    wheel locks $76.00
    cargo tray $124.50
    nitro $61.95
    roof rack ( roof rails ) $554.00
    bike rack $263
    cross bars $249

I don't need any of the accessories but was told except for bike rack and cargo tray, they come with the car. Was also told $300 doc fee is required from all customers.
  • cft13cft13 Posts: 8
    I financed through the Honda dealership and do not see a bank or anything listed on the paperwork.
    Here is the deal I got yesterday.... it may not be a deal, but after researching and hanging in dealerships for three weeks, I was worn down!
    CRV EXL no navi/no res:
    Cash Price of Car: 27,860
    Admin fee: 489.95
    Taxes: 2159.50
    Total: 30,549.45
    The only accessory was splash guards.
    Johnson City Honda, Johnson City, TN
    It ended up at 1.69% for 66 mos.
    Thank you for all the advice given! It really helped me!
    Now that I have purchased a 2013 CRV, I am looking for a used CRV for my son.
    There are several 2010 EXL's being traded in.
    What would be a fair price for a low mileage 2010 CRV EXL?
    How about a 2011?
    Any reason why you would get one over the other?
    edited January 2013
    I'm very surprised on your price. there are several people who paid below invoice in the NY// NJ area.. How are you at negotiating? Did you ask dealerships for price or did you buy like i posted. Autosport,, Hamillton Honda,, and DCH Old bridge in new jersey Not only matched Waymouth Honda quote they beat it. The best price around this area was 500 below invoice that i know of.. So if your telling me you called 15 dealers and invoice was the best price you could make then i would tell you... its a good deal. imagine how many people paid 500 to 1000 more than you did. Hopefully forum buyers will post there deals to help others..

I negotiated with four dealership through email, phone calls, and going into the dealership. The dealerships were selling alot of CRV's more than anything else that I saw being tagged.
  • Just wondering - some (if not all) dealerships around here are using tomorrow, Jan 2nd, as the last day of their sales month.

Someone mentioned that car companies don't like to end their month on a holiday.

Anyone know if this is the case with all US Honda dealerships?

Also - when it says specials end Jan 2nd.. does that mean at closing on Jan 2nd? Or EOD January 1st?

thanks,
    Andrew
    All dealerships,,, End of month and Quarter End of sales ended for them Dec,31 2012. Not after new year. Close of business day on Jan 2nd is when any offers or deals advertised ends.. Unless Honda is running some kind of promotion sales this month your best time to buy where you have the most leverage getting the best price is JAN, 31... THE LAST DAY OF THIS MONTH.

Brian

• njcrv2njcrv2 Posts: 7
    Brian, sorry did not make myself clear. Paul Miller NJ is the only one give me a price 500 below invoice. The rest of dealer told me impossible or "you are wasting your time". I am exhaust on dealing with those people. This month i will bring a friend to Paull Miller again because they promise me same price for me. Unless someone can give me a better suggestion. I believe i did jump into market at the right timing as forum told us,even I did not get the best offer.I am happy.Thank you Brian, you help me save at least $800 already.
    Enjoy your car. And the money you saved.. What was the dealers doc fee's?

Brian

• Here is the deal we got on December 28th

2013 CR-V EX-L

$26662.00 with dest and doc fees included
    +CT% and reg fee

we did not finance with Honda since their % was outregeous, we got Ped fed @1.49 for 60 month, paid $15 to get their membership

thanks everyone for their posts!
  • aj82aj82 Posts: 3
    Bought a 2013 CRV EXL AWD - White diamond pearl/Beige for $28300 OTD in Ohio.

This forum was very very helpful in negotiating the OTD price. Thank you everyone for the posts and comments. Brian thank you for your negotiating insights.
  • That is a very good deal. Do you mind posting the dealer info? Here in NJ, they don't want to quote car price below $27400. OTD price is coming to 29.9k after all the dmv , doc and tax. I am looking to buy under 29k.
    Thanks
  • Weymouth Honda in MA, no one in CT could beat their price
  • This is the best deal I've seen so far for an EX-L AWD. Nice buy.