Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Oh yeah, it's AWD.
  • wwmikewwmike Posts: 2
    I plan to purchase an AWD EXL CRV this week. My best negotiated price is $27, 385 including destination fee; excluding tax, DMV, and DOC fees. Is this a reasonable price to pay in my area? Any input would be much appreciated. Thank you.
  • dan49dan49 Posts: 6
    macblur where was the dealer looking for the same in Ma.area
  • bh1971bh1971 Posts: 1
    Hi,
    I am planning to buy a Honda CRV 2WD LX. I live in Southern California.
    I got couple of quotes. But out of that the lowest one is $21,100 includes destination. Is this a good deal. on Truecar Factory Invoice Shows $22,243 includes destination and True Car estimated price of $21,400.

Appreciate your input
  • brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 2,002
    edited April 2013
    mike
    If you want to save a few dollars buy CRV at end of APRIL.
    475 below invoice is not bad. dealership doc fee's are high in new jersey minus them off that 475. With little effort at months end your target price should be 500 below invoice after doc fee's were included into sale price..

Hamilton honda sold a friend on march 30th, 750 below invoice doc fee's were $249.

good luck

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

• sarayalesarayale Posts: 15
    can someone tell me what OTD stands for? Also, is it possible to get a 2wd in NJ? No one seems to have them.
  • mnc4494mnc4494 Posts: 13
    OTD= Out the door pricing (should include cost of car and any options and destionation charge, taxes, tags and registration and dealer fees. For comparison you want to look at price of Car-(include destination and options) and Dealer fees ( documentation Fee). This two prices will show you the lowest price. Taxes and MVC are fixed.

They do make the FWD and AWD. Are you talking to dealers and asking them if they have FWD? Getting your info from going to dealer internet sites is sometimes confusing and not always up to date. They want you to call so and then they want you to visit the dealership. Stick to calling.
    edited April 2013
    OTD= out the door everything included.

2wd are hard to get on the East Coast . Very few if any on dealers lots.. Ask dealer if they will order you one. your paying dest/ charge so whats the difference if its shipped to the west coast or east coast.

Auto-sport, and planet honda have 2 fwd CRV's on there lots. many have none. The demand for the 2wd are low... dealers wont give you great pricing on these models. probably a take it or leave it attitude to buy one..

Its all about the $$$. with these dealerships..

If I am not planning to drive on snow, is there any reason to pay extra for the AWD? I already have one AWD CRV, which I can use in bad weather, and don't see a need to pay extra. My other vehicles never had AWD and I never had much of a problem. Is there any reason that a CRV needs AWD more than another vehicle? I am just wondering since it is so hard to get the 2wd in NJ.
    edited April 2013
    CRV is a small suv. when it does snow its a nice feature to have all wheels powered. When my kids were small in the 80's my wifes minivan fwd only had one problem in the snow. AWD was never needed... I agree with you.. Why spend the extra money if not needed.. plus you may get 2 or 3 miles per gallon better.

Can I use Weymouth if I am in NJ? Can they get the car here and is it worth it?
    I am trying to buy an LX, preferably 2wd to save money, but if I cant find one, I will take a 4wd. Thanks for any help.
    edited April 2013
    you can buy from any dealer in any state. try to make the best deal with dealerships in New York or Jersey or P.A..
    you could easily email 30 dealers telling each one what model and price your looking to buy at.. . with no problem and make your deal with the closest dealership to your house with pricing. I would recommend you tell each dealership that 500 below invoice pricing gets the deal done on your part.. If your a good negotiator start your pricing lower.......... but you have to remember this model there is no supply in this area.
    dont forget dealers doc fee's in New Jersey are high.... the sale price of 500 below invoice on a CRV and a 300 to 400 doc fee's means dealer real selling price of CRV is 100 to 200 below invoice..

Doc fees in N.Y are $75

GOOD LUCK................. HAPPY HUNTING

$ 22,933 is what Consumer Reports says the dealer is paying for the 2013 LX AWD (after taking into account,holdbacks destination etc).
    the best price I got so far is $23,214 which includes doc fee, destination but not non-dealer fees like taxes, title etc. That was from Hamilton Honda in NJ.

This means the dealer is making a little under $300. Does this sound right to everyone?
    Anyone think it is worth it to hold out until the end of April for a better deal?

Thanks for everyone's help. I hope the above price helps someone.
    Invoice price for Lx awd= 22,584 plus dest charge 830=23,414

• Hi. I'm receiving several quotes from dealers in Northern Virginia for a 2013 CRV EX-L AWD w/ Navigation.

The best yet is as follows:

Car: $28,608 (inclds delivery fee)
    Processing: $394

What should I offer?
    thanks in advance for your great service!
  • johnq2johnq2 Posts: 2
    I'm going to buy honda crv exl awd. I'm willing to pay for 28,800 dollars for OTD including every thing such as tax (7.25% in this area).
    Is this a reasonable price to give?
    Please help
    John
  • isellhondasisellhondas Issaquah WashingtonPosts: 17,347
    The reason it's so hard to buy a 2WD in your neck of the woods is the simple fact that they don't sell. Dealers don't want to order a car that will rot on their lots. They order cars that sell!

You might want to think about resale value down the road. As a used car it'll be saleproof when it's time for you to sell it or trade it in.

Besides, if you happen to get caught in a sudden snow storn, you'll be VERY glad you spent the extra money!
  • mattptncmattptnc Posts: 1
    Just paid $22,975 + 3% NC tax, $69 tags + $499 doc fee= $24,232 OTD. Included were accessories (wheel locks, mudguards, cargo tray, all weather mats). Goes to show you don't HAVE to buy your CRV at the end of the month to get a good deal. I used Carwoo to get as many dealerships involved in giving me bids. I had to drive 40 minutes to Sanford from Raleigh to get the car, but totally worth it!
  • jinho10jinho10 Posts: 3
    I just bought my first car CR-V LX AWD in one day shopping. I knew the lowest price through e-mail exchange and edmund forum. The breakdown of the price is as follows:

total $23,000 (OTD) with
    ----------
    $200 rewards +
    lock +
    mud pad +
    2 key chains +
    2 washes +
    lifetime VA inspection
    no additional accessaries
    ----------

Firstly, I talked with a new dealer (not trained yet). But after four times going to manager, a real manager started talking to me. I actually went down to $22,500 (which may be impossible). After the dealer (manager) talked to his higher manager, he found that the price is impossible. So, we talked for an hour to add additional items with $23K.
    Does VA have any sales tax or registration that were included in your price?
    Since everyone is in a different state it would be helpful to break down the OTD price, or list car price, destination and documentation plus any other dealer fees (not state mandatory fees like registration or tax, which are not negotiable).
    Thanks.