Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• zhyuanzhyuan Posts: 13
    After considering your 500 military cash and lower sales tax, your price is 500 less than mine. Congratulations on this great price!
  • Crv ex-l awd +$2000 dealer accessories +taxes = 31000. Comments pls?
  • Crv ex-l awd +$2000 dealer accessories +taxes = 31000. Comments pls?
  • I am also looking for EXL in NY and lowest price I got OTD is $29,100. Good luck.
  • j06j06 Posts: 90
    I think you could get much better price for EX-L. Looking at your tax rate your OTD price need to be between $1,500 to $2,000 below MSRP.
    NY & NJ is different... Is very hard to get good price in NY, especially dealers in NYC. You will get better pricing from NJ dealers. 1000 below (OTD Price) sticker really good deal.
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 7,418
    Just watch out for the "doc fees" they'll hit you with in NJ. If you are dealing OTD, then it shouldn't matter. Just make sure they understand you when you say OTD means EVERYTHING!

2001 Honda Prelude Type SH/ 2011 BMW 328xi / 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L w/ Navigation

• dghtrfgddghtrfgd Posts: 30
    lowest quote i got from new rochelle honda at 26,700 before tax and dmv.
    Atlantic honda said they could beat it by $200-400, but ONLY if i had another vehicle in the household that was not a honda (so that they would apply a "conquest" incentive) Unfortunately, i dont.
    I booked CRV EX for $26,975 Out the door including all taxes and fees. Just waiting for it...
    is that the EX or the EX-L ?
    Bayridge Honda (NYC) says they'll get me to 26,500 OTD (before tax and dmv) Going down now. Will see if they try a bait and switch...
    So i got to bayridge and they said that they could get me to 26,500 IF i met either the conquest or college incentive. They then proceeded to enter 27,750 as the TAXABLE cost and deduct 1,250 after the total. So that raised my otd to the same as New Rochelle's offer of 26,700.
    THEN when the guy was writing it up he actually tried to stick in a $762 destination charge. WTH? Why do they try to SWINDLE you? It is so insulting. That really ticks me off, and based on that alone I'm considering the drive to New Rochelle, even though both would come to the same amount otd.
    Or perhaps I should wait for July and try to get an even better deal?
    What do you guys think?
    edited June 2013
    Sorry to hear that. Do not be bothered. Even if they do not add the destination charge, it is not the best deal you can get. I just bought a 2013 CRV EX-L in boston area. My price is 26250 -1250 incetive = 25000 including destination before tax and documentation fee. I believe your 26500 is also before tax and documentation fee, right?
    Is rochelle honda's 26,700 before incentives or after incentives?
    What is the name of the dealer in MA?
    New Rochelle Honda's 26,700 is after incentives :(...
    Bayridge didnt include the dest charge at the end of the day-- but the mere attempt to include it after ALL the discussion and negotiation was offensive.
    Both Bayridge and New Rochelle get me to about 29,600-29,700 OTD (after tax and dmv).
    I would certainly make the trip up to MA.
    I think the sense that you are getting a good deal and not being insulted is worth emotional currency too.
  • kenmarckenmarc Posts: 16
    $4600 off MSRP? That seems unheard of, around here (Denver) best I've seen is about $3000 off.
    Yes, but please note there is 1250 manufacture incentive in it. So it is 3400 off MSRP before incentive.
  • pdxbuyerpdxbuyer Posts: 1
    I received this quote for an EX-L. Is this worth pulling the trigger on?

$27,029 Base invoice
    +$272 HDAG charge
    +$830 Destination and handling charge
    =$28,131 Invoice Total

Less: ($1250) Loyalty/Flex Cash
    $26,881 Total sale price

This price doesn't include TTL, but seeing that I'm from Oregon, I'll only be paying title and licensing fees.

What are some other tactics to get the dealer to budge on the price? This is the first time I've negotiated for a car so any advice is appreciated!
  • tnathantnathan Posts: 3
    edited June 2013
    A friend and i just got home two EX-L fwd in dallas TX. OTD was 53000$ for both.
    Deal was to have financing, pick up only the ones in the inventory no additional free bells and whistles. Could not get the first choice colors that we wanted, but started liking the colors that we got.
    Started the search a month ago with our best offer was 52000. No dealer was even coming close. Autonation Lewisville was very open. they gave the quotes on writing, even when other could potentially match it.
    Very bad experience with David McDavid at both Frisco and Irving.
  • r_sethr_seth Posts: 6
    Been debating between the LX and EX models and got OTD quotes for both:
    LX : $23,700
    EX : $25,700

The out-the-door prices include $750 flex cash, but no conquest or loyalty discounts (as we don't qualify), Maryland sales tax of 6% and Title & Registration. The quote was from Ourisman Honda of Laurel, MD.

Should we wait till July to see better numbers?