Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• dghtrfgddghtrfgd Posts: 30
    fwd or awd?
  • dghtrfgddghtrfgd Posts: 30
    edited August 2013
    i went down to bayridge to cancel my extended warranty and lo-jack "package" and Gene cancelled it without a problem. The Finance guy however told me that i HAD to take the lo-jack even though they hadnt installed it yet because "it was already assigned". He then asked me if my car was with the valet (i assume thinking that he could just quickly install it right then) but luckily it wasn't.
    So i thought to myself-- this guy must be reading "stupid" tatooed on my forehead. But i just listened to him and then returned to dealing only with Gene, who said he needed to find my folder in order to refund the balance of the "extended warranty package" which included the uninstalled lo-jack.
    He told me he would get back to me with how the refund will work-- but suggested that they will probably send me a check that i can use to pay off the loan-- which i am totally fine with.
    This was two days ago and I havent heard anything yet--so I'm still not sure how much of a headache this might become-- but so far it looks like I'll be able to get a full refund and get back to my original "before 4th of July" deal of OTD 26,500 before taxes!
    I really would not have been able to pull this all off without the support of you guys!
  • joyjooyjoyjooy Posts: 1
    Greetings, I would love feedback on this quote I received from a Texas dealer. I feel that this deal is a bit on the high side. What are your thoughts on the deal considering the 2014 CRVs will be arriving soon.

MSRP: $29,375.00 Including Destination Charge
    Your price $26,860.00
    Sales Tax $1,678.75
    Vehicle Inventory Tax $47.98
    License $69.25
    Title/Registration $33.00
    2 year state Inspection $23.75
    Document Fee $189.00
    "Drive Out" Total $28,651.73
  • golf44golf44 Posts: 1
    Negotiated a honda crv ex-l tonight with nav. Can ya'll help me decide if this is a good deal?

sell price: $28293
    Trade in: 9,000 (fair price)
    tax: $1334
    Administrative Services fee: 599
    Non tax fees: 286.50

Total: $21,513 (so really $30,513 not including trade in)
  • loveodyloveody Posts: 10
    Any one bought it in ohio in July and at what price? I have a quote for $27,125 plus tax, title, doc fees etc. Is it a good deal?
  • Hey everyone, do you think 21,145 including destination is a good sale price for the Honda CRV LX 2WD? OTD $23,094 in Texas. This includes loyalty and flex cash for financing. Am I better off waiting till end of the month or till 2014s come out?
  • First Texas Honda (Austin, TX) offer me the price at $23,997, not inlcuding "sales tax, vehicle registration fees, finance charges, documentation charges, and any other fees".

Is this a good deal?
  • mynawallymynawally Posts: 5
    edited August 2013
    First Texas Honda was horrible to deal with. Im currently negotiating with Honda San Marcos and Round Rock Honda. Try asking them for a quote... What I did was request a equote from Rusty Wallis Dallas, and asked the three in Austin and one in San Marcos who could match it. First Texas Honda and Howdy Honda didnt even try...
  • Thank you mynawally for your helpful info. Could you post your final deal price after you get your car?
  • I also got equote from Howdy Honda:
    2013 CR-V EX 2wd: $24791.61 before TTL
    2013 CR-V EX 4wd: $26059.61 before TTL.

Also got equote from Cleo Bay Honda:
    2013 CR-V EX 2wd: $24595 before TTL
    2013 CR-V EX awd: $25700 before TTL
  • I'm asking 1500 off invoice plus 1000 off for flex cash and loyalty discount here in CA., this guy who sold me an accord last month says he can so it. The wife wants white with beige interior which they don't have, so now I will try to negotiate with the wife to get the silver or gray.
  • liboglibog Posts: 8
    I am finding that the dealers are taking any selling price that you ask for even when you are being specific about not including in an incentives at the time and are already factoring them in. They say they will honor your quote, but don't. They seem unwilling to even go below invoice.
    Example: I ask for:
    Sell price: 26934 (1500 below invoice)
    Freight: 830
    Processing: 200 (normally 190-200)
    Tag title: 279 ( some dealers try to play with this number as well).
    Tax: 6% in maryalnd (6% of sell price, freight, and processing).
    Incentinves: -500 customer loyalty.

Most dealerships will be straight up and state they can not honor the price. But the few that do play with the numbers. They will quote a sell price factoring every incentive: military, recent grad and loyalty (-1500) knowing full well that you only qualify for one. Then they will add-on the dealer accessories to the car. Big pain in the [non-permissible content removed].
  • brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 2,001
    edited August 2013
    The only good thing is if your not entitled to military or a recent grad who cares that helps you but the flex cash for financing thru honda is yours not dealers to add onto your deal to meet your asking price. Take those dealers and raise your asking price then let dealer factor in all his incentives. its will be a wash.

all kidding aside ..Your target price and you should easily get 1k below dealers invoice plus any incentives due to you. Next month the 2014's are on the lots. If dealers cant meet this criteria you walk and find another dealership that wants to earn your business. There are countless shady dealerships that are driven by greed of a super profit.

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

• I'm actually looking at a LX and we're at $23,100 OTD with TTL. That's the best deal I've found so far.
    I agree with brian125. I just did that today over $120 that the dealer would not budge. I walked out. Glad that I walked out and heard from another dealer whose quote is lower than what I was ready to pay today to this first dealer. Glad that I walked out else I would not have checked with other dealers in the area who are willing to sell you the vehicle. Will let you all know where I land up in pricing for my vehicle.
  • karhill1karhill1 Posts: 98
    Really, an administrative service fee? There is no such fee. The dealer uses fee to attach some validity to this $599 amount. The reality is this is nothing more than additional profit to the dealer and a higher price to you.

You should request the dealer reduce the selling price to compensate for the false fee. If the dealer will not, it is time for you to use your best negotiating tool, your feet. Say thanks, get up, and walk away. Only then will you learn the dealer's true deal.

There is always another Honda dealer happy to have a chance to sell you a car.
  • ken117ken117 Posts: 178
    This recently happened to me. I negotiated a good price and fair trade value. The salesman then hit me with a $599 doc fee. In Virginia. I stated I would not pay the fee and would look elsewhere if the dealer would not remove it. As dealers cannot actually remove the fee from the paperwork for legal reasons, without any hesitation the dealer reduced the price by $300 and increased the trade value by $300.

Interestingly, there was a guy at another table negotiating a purchase. I overheard him also state he would not pay the fee. It appeared, like me, he did not pay it.

No person should simply pay such fees without making the dealer believe insistence on the fee will kill the deal.
    I second that. In addition to the price you agree, you should be paying only tax, title and document processing fee. That's all. There is no such line item as administrative fees. If delear unable to absorb this false charge, walk out. You will find another delear who is waiting for your business.
  • ronsteveronsteve Posts: 435
    I second that. In addition to the price you agree, you should be paying only tax, title and document processing fee. That's all. There is no such line item as administrative fees.

And if there is, you bake that line item and the doc fee into the price you're going to offer. Those are set by the dealer and therefore fall under the negotiable part of the transaction.

Tax/title/license are set by the state and not negotiable. Tax will depend on the price you pay, but if different dealers in the same state give you different numbers on title and license, somebody is pulling something.
  • Has anyone had a good buying experience in Northern NJ on an LX AWD? Is the "Costco" price of $22,584 (including destination, but quoted a while ago) a good price? What's a good OTD in NJ where the tax is 7%? Thanks in advance for any guidance.