Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• dks9dks9 Posts: 10
    I am in houston area can you please provide me dealar name and quote
  • what model are you looking for? the lowest i got an LX FWD was 22,500 OTD (RS and JE). Katy was 22,700 (they would have been cheaper but insisted on a $399 package of dealer add-ons). For an EX FWD, the lowest quote was from JE at 24k OTD for an incoming unit, then RS at 24,900 OTD (but this was an in-stock model).
  • Called email live chatted with all local dealers. They all give about same price OTD +/-. Mostly over 26k for 2014 LX AWD. Then made up an offer 23,8 OTD. Can't reach internet managers directly. Only sales reps. DCH first said if i finance 23,8 would be possible but then rep said manager doesnt want to take $1000 loss. Other dealers are related but names are different. Dealers swap, know each other's inventory and how much cars are sold for. Not dealing with NY scammers. Plenty of them in NJ.V
  • Hi Brian,

Hope you can help verify my price. I went into Bay Ridge Honda today, mostly just to test drive, but we got so far as pricing and was able to get the following from them after asking for my OTD price - $26,200 was the number they gave...but they didnt include $830 destination in that, so truly $27,030 OTD.

Am I close here, or should I be looking for a better number?
  • brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 2,011
    edited August 2013
    What was the sale price of the EX/awd. The OTD numbers they gave you cant help me. Ny. state taxes and dmv charges are regulated so dealerships cant play around with those numbers.

You need to provide me with the sale price of CRV with or with out dest charge to determine pricing.

Invoice price on that model is 24,549
    dest/ charge is .........................830

total at invoice=......................25,379

Your target price to buy should be in the range of 1000 to 1700 below invoice price excluding any flex cash or incentives that apply to you.. We arrive at this pricing from other area sales. Next week the 2013 model is 9 months into this year and on jan,1 2014 it will be considered a 1 yr old model.

factors in pricing is effected by Supply and Demand and your area.

At 1000 below invoice price w dest charge included Bayridge honda should of quoted you....24,379 any price offer higher than this you should deem unexceptable.

here is a breakdown of 1000 below invoice w dealer fee's and taxes

24,379.................. sale price w dest charge
    12.50....................nys tire fee
    75.........................doc fee
    2171......................8.875 tax

$26,637.50............total price without dmv fee's
    200.............................dmv fee's estimated???

$26,837.50................Total OTD Pricing

Check out these 2 dealerships they are both very good with pricing

New Rochelle........... high volume dealership

Yonkers.....................very good dealership with good pricing

Call internet dept and speak with the internet managers only. Wait to next week to try and land a deal.... last 2 days of the month are the best time to start your negotiations and buying process this is when you have the dealers full attention especially dealerships looking to make there monthly sales quota's

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

I am looking for lx fwd, can they give same price for 2014 model also, who did you talk to at katy, r&s gave me 24 otd and Gilman also same.
    Did you bought from rs?
  • asimplenoiseasimplenoise Posts: 5
    edited August 2013
    Thanks Brian, very detailed and incredibly helpful. I wasnt entirely prepared when I walked into bay ridge yesterday - mostly went in to actually test drive the car.

We plan to finance through Honda for the .9% and my dad owns a Camry which seemed to make me eligible for conquest incentive since we share same last name. That means I should target your numbers above PLUS and additional $1k off? (Bay Ridge told me they were including both those incentives at their final price).

Sounds like I need to be quite a bit lower than my first whack at Bay Ridge - I will try both the dealerships above next week. When I call into their internet managers it sounds like I should say:

"I plan to buy the EX tomorrow and am looking for a sale price of $23,879" (invoice with dest - $1500)

Should I bring up the incentives in my ask price, or address them afterwards?
    Can you pls send me quote or itemwise, I will see if there is any referral program I can give ur name.
  • r_sethr_seth Posts: 6
    Here is the detailed breakdown for my 2013 Crv EX AWD:

Price of Vehicle: 23,000
    Add: Destination Fee: 815
    Add:Dealer Processing: 200
    Total: 24,015

Add:Sales Tax (MD): 1,440
    Add:Tags: 341
    Add:Tire Recycling: 4
    Grand Total: 25,800

Less: Incentives: 1,000

Net Out-The-Price: 24,800

Also, I drove an older Toyota and had to finance the car through American Honda Finance Company (AHFC) to get the above deal.

In summary, based on data from others in this thread, we got the CRV EX AWD for about $1500 below invoice and then received $1000 in incentives (Flex Cash/Conquest). Hope this helps you.
  • sbala72sbala72 Posts: 3
    Hi,

I am looking to buy the same vehicle and am in MD. Can you please share the dealership and the salesperson's name? If you want to email, please send me a note at sairam.bala(at)gmail(dot)com

Thanks
  • brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 2,011
    edited August 2013
    If your calling/emailing dealerships let each dealership know i buy today for xxx below invoice price plus any incentives that i'm entitled to flex/loyalty/conquest. you do not want dealers to get you to your asking price by applying these incentives. Incentives should be applied after your agreed sale price to buy unless noted in the Honda rebate programs.

EX: Military rebate of 500 is applied as a down payment to sale price if you qualify.

good luck

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

I see others have bought this for 24, 800 OTD in MD, but all the dealers I have spoken with are quoting much higher prices. Can you please refer me to the dealership and salesperson where the EX AWD was purchased. I want to try to buy this week.

Thanks for your help.
  • Interested in Honda CRV 2014 EX AWD. Any ideas about what the best price in SF bay area is? Will it be cheaper to buy from a dealer farther away from the heart of Silicon Valley? Is it wiser to buy 2013 or 2014 model since there are no major changes?
  • I'm located in the DFW and I'm looking to buy a CRV as specified in the title. The vehicle will be mostly used by my wife and she wants nav.

It's coming near the end of the month and I'm trying to get a bargain. However, I'm willing to wait until the end of the following month, when the quarter ends, to get a better deal if needed.

I was in a dealership over the weekend just to see what price they would do and almost ended buying one due to their high pressure sales techniques but managed to escape. I'm now regrouping and getting more knowlable after reading this site.

My question is with the 2014 model coming in what should I be expecting to call a bargain when I'm looking at a dealers offer, which I'm assuming is the dealers invoice and doc fee (correct me I'm wrong here)? One of the very knowledgable posters mentioned you should be looking at about $1000 to 1700 off that amount at this stage of the 2013 crv life cycle. Is this correct?

I'm assuming delivery fees, around $800, taxes, reg etc are extra. If you have any idea of how much those extra fees would typically cost in DFW that would be great.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give me.
  • I forgot to mention that I assume loyalty incentive etc would be extra deductions beyond the deductions that I already mentioned?
  • r_sethr_seth Posts: 6
    edited August 2013
    We got ours from Pohanka Honda located in Capitol Heights, MD.

What we did was, inquire about price/availability over phone and when they ask you for "what price are you willing to pay" - Inform them that another dealership (we were offered $24800 by College Park Honda out the door) close to your home offered you the XYZ price.

Pohanka offered to match the price!
    Thank you, r_seth.

I will reach out to Pohanka today and see if I can get them to make the same offer.
  • asimplenoiseasimplenoise Posts: 5
    edited August 2013
    Folks I've spoken to so far are acting shocked and appalled that I'm asking for $1500 below invoice - their response to me is "You haven't done your research, where are you even getting this number from". Is this just par for the course?
  • discopalacediscopalace Posts: 2
    edited August 2013
    Thanks all for your advice and feedback! I purchased a 2013 EX AWD!

Here's the breakdown:
    - Invoice (incl destination): 24,379
    - My price (including destination): 23,800 (1,579 below invoice)
    - Sales tax (city of chicago 9.5%): 2279
    - Doc & other fees: 189
    - Incentives: 500 (flex cash for financing)
    - Total out-the-door: 25,768

I started the process about two weeks ago, getting quotes from a bunch of dealers in the Chicago area. I ended up with 12-15 quotes. I didn't know about Brian's suggestion to find the Internet sales manager directly, so I asked for quotes through the dealers' websites. I got very quick responses from customer service reps. Half the time, I got quotes directly from them (even though they aren't true sales reps). In the other half of cases, a sales rep was assigned and made contact directly with me.

I found that the quotes varied greatly - about $1000 in range. Many of the quotes were teaser quotes. E.g., they left out the destination charge, or they assumed you qualified for $500-$1000 in incentives and built it into their price. I had to go back and explicitly ask the dealers to clarify their quotes (and remove incentives). I think these guys just wanted to lure me into their dealerships. They didn't seem willing to deal over e-mail either, so I walked away from talking to them further.

Luckily, some of the dealers gave competitive quotes with a clear description of the cost items. The good quotes came from Carr's Honda, Honda on Grand, Planet Honda, Fletcher Jones (after clarification), and Valley Honda. Carr's had a higher quote originally, but they lowered it over e-mail after I followed up a couple times. I then came to the Carr's dealership, told them I was ready to buy today, and they gave me my asking price. It was very pleasant working with them.

One pleasant surprise was flex cash. I was planning on paying cash, but the finance manager talked to me about the $500 flex cash incentive for financing. You only need to finance a minimum of $7500 at 0.9% APR (with good credit). And you only need to make 3 payments. So I said why not, I could pay the tiny bit of interest on these 3 payments, then pay it all off - and as a result, I got another $500 off!

Thanks again to Brian and all for your feedback. I do see that it's a game of supply and demand. Many dealers didn't want to get anywhere close to $1000 under invoice. Others were willing. Doing some research can really help you identify which dealerships are most open to internet collaboration and most hungry for your business. I have a new car now!!! :)