Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 2,045
    Great deal................... Good job... you played the game well!!!!!

Enjoy your new ride.

Brian

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

• jsempejsempe Posts: 2
    I have an offert of 24,000$ not including fees, is this sound right please help before I take the offert. This is in Takoma MD.
  • prezrivprezriv Posts: 9
    I am looking to buy a CRV with Back Up camera and navigation package (GPS). Which trim I will be looking for?

Thx
  • EX-L with NAV in either 2WD or AWD.
  • Folks, any advice on my posting above regarding purchasing a CRV would be appreciated.
    whats your question

• Hi Brian. I was just wondering about the numbers I mentioned in post 12651. Are they too aggressive. After reading your previous posts I would really value your opinion.
    edited August 2013
    Your best deal will come buying the 2013 model. the target price to buy should fall between 1000 below invoice price to as high as 1700 below. plus on top of that any incentives / rebates that apply to you.

2014 models will be priced closer to the sticker price. If you could find a dealer willing to sell you a 2014 at dealers invoice that would be a no- brainer buy it!

Here is your models invoice price and dest charge of $ 830

27,264... EXL,,,.fwd , with Nav
    total is ...........28,094 minus your target price to buy lets say 1500
    - 1500= 26,594.... this price would exclude

your states taxes, dmv fee, dealers doc fee charge. after final out the door numbers are calculated minus any flex cash/ loyalty, or conquest incentives that dealership is offering.

Getting your target price depends on your area and supply and demand of models. Just because i can get 1500 below here in new york does not mean you could get it in your state. Another factor in pricing is I may be a better negotiator than you.

any more questions just post with my name i will help you.

Good luck

• Thanks Brian. I doubt I'll get those numbers here with the way things are going but we'll see.
  • Guys, looks like a lot of great discussion going on in here. Did a thread search for the Philadelphia area and it doesn't look like any active dealing has been going on. I see a lot of talk about pricing way under invoice. I've gotten a few quotes from dealers around the area and none have come close to pricing that low. I was planning on buying this labor day weekend, which would be last day of the month, so I was hoping to get some guidance on supply/demand and good dealers in the Philly area if anyone knows. Is there a chance to get a price that far under invoice?
  • tco05tco05 Posts: 8
    Looking to purchase a CR-V at the end of September. I assume the best days to buy would be that last weekend... 28/29?

Also, what are the best sites for the most accurate dealer invoice pricing? Considering either an AWD EX or AWD EX-L. What would be a good target price to shoot for on those models? I'm in MD, near DC.
    Not much talk in here or the accord pricing forum about Philly pricing

I would take surrounding area dealerships that are selling cheaper a make a deal with them

you should check out the Accord prices forum they are rocking over there with great buying info and dealerships.

Good luck

• dks9dks9 Posts: 10
    If you have item wise quote from Katy honda can you please send me I am planing to buy today ...
  • nmalnmal Posts: 3
    edited August 2013
    I am leasing a CRV LX base model AWD for $226/mo, 36 mo, 12k miles/yr and 2150 out of pocket at sign up (all fees, dmv, taxes and new plates, nothing more will be added).

I am in the NYC area.

I hope I got a good deal. How do I calculate what the actual price (invoice?) of the vehicle was?
  • sunil10sunil10 Posts: 1
    Hi,

I am interested in purchasing new 2013 CRV exl AWD with Nav and have done some shop around different dealers in Minneapolis . Here is high level cost I have received from them.

Dealer Sale Price - 29,364
    MSRP - 31125
    Edmund invoice price - 29264

Additional for OTD

420 Govn Fees
    $1,929 Taxes
    $75 Doc Fee
    What will be my best price for this model ?

Appreciate help.
    Thx
  • asimplenoiseasimplenoise Posts: 5
    edited August 2013
    Brian,

I'm working on the 2013 CRV EX and trying to get $1k below invoice plus incentives.

I've done the legwork contacting all the NYC area dealers you mention (Yonkers, New Rochelle and Bay Ridge) and also calling into several of the NJ area dealers you mentioned previously as well - no one has gotten me anywhere near the prices I hoped or see posted here.

The best offer I have gotten is $700 below invoice, but that is including flex in all cases (or they are telling me that flex isn't available). Looks like I am failing on all counts. What am I doing wrong?

Yonkers told me that they couldn't help - they are offering invoice price to local buyers. New Rochelle quoted me just a couple of hundred below invoice - but that is already including flex....could use some tips/advice beyond talking to the internet manager and asking for $x below invoice if you have them. When I tell them I'm looking for $1500 below invoice their answer is unanimously - that's not going to happen.

I've called into a couple of the MD dealerships people have posted about and got better pricing from them but I'm trying to avoid the drive there, especially since they are not willing to email me a quote or take a credit card deposit and I'm worried about them playing with pricing after I take the drive out.

Help!
    Edmunds home page /New car pricing

All i could say is read my posts and apply it. Wait til friday/ Sat to buy. The pricing your recieving is terrible. On Sat re visit dealersips on pricing it will be alot lower. Read my postings in the Accord forum i have posted some good buying tips and advice.

• nmalnmal Posts: 3
    Thanks for your reply but I was unable to find out how to calculate what the price of the car is going backwards from my downpayment and monthly lease payment. I just want to know if what I am paying is a "good" deal.
  • Unfortunately we are leaving town tomorrow night and will be gone this weekend. Is my best bet then to wait until end of next month?