Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• You did very well on your own, especially since the TrueCar price available through one of their dealers is $25,890 (dest included).
  • Looking for the best out the door price on either a 2013 or 2014 CRV EX-L, 2 wheel drive with no other extras. Going through internet managers. Is there anyone in this area that has a recent experience?

Thanks so much!
  • brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 2,424
    edited September 2013
    newcar67

Thank-you enjoy your new Crv.

Buying a CRV is not easy with dealerships unwillingness to deal on phone/ email or in dealerships. Supply and Demand on most models dwindling down right now. Knowing how and when to buy helps. You did better than most bringing in several dealerships making your best deal at the end of the month. Who is going to blink first. Most of the time its us not the dealership and they know it.

I have long standing relationships with alot of honda dealerships my name goes along way when mentioned in deals. I find the problem today is people are reading my posts and dont listen how to buy, so they call some of these dealerships with a price 8/9 days into the month and these dealerships want no part of that. You buy at months end last 2 days last day. I mention certain dealerships that i know how they operate . Do they always sell at our targeted price ?? No But there better than the rest. I have had 2 dealerships ask me to stop posting there names in here cause people calling, emailing with pricing that was so out of the ball park.

Just reading forum prices from other states does not mean you can get that price in your area. By knowing your area's market price/ how and when to buy will get you the best possible deal along with some of my buying tips.

Hope the rest did well this month

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

• Hi,
    I am looking for the same model and trying to get this price. Since the dealers ask for some proof or documentation, if you are ok would you be able to send us some info on this purchase. It would be very helpful and is much appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

Shubha
  • great job! i'm sorry i missed all of your messages. once i bought the crv i did not come back on - i was sure people would start getting better deals once the 2014's came out. i just needed a car sooner now that we have a baby.

anyways, i hope R&S was good to you. that's a really good price, especially with all of those add-ons! i got my windows tinted by a local shop for 140 and bought a cargo tray for 75 on ebay. so all in all, i paid 22,715 (including loyalty and 0.9%).

i did not like dealing with honda of katy, even though they had the lowest sales price. all their add ons and daily phone calls got really tiring.
  • Is it better to get tint at Honda since they know their cars or have some experience with CRV or 3rd parties? The dealer where i bought mine doesn't do tint.
  • i bought an LX which does not have any tint. the EX would have tint, however. if you want "expert" installation, i'd go with an EX. however, if you choose your own tint shop, you'll have the option to choose the quality of film and the darkness. you can also choose to tint the front two windows to have a consistent look all around. it's really up to you. i saw on a few posts that some dealers send their cars to local shops, and just mark it up for the sale. my dealer charges $299 for tint; i paid $140 and got it to look the way i want (20% all around).
  • arvjarvj Posts: 7
    I finally bought my 2013 CR-V EX-L FWD last weekend in Texas. The break-up is as follows:

MSRP (including dest): $28,375
    List Price (including dest): $26,013
    Incentives (Flex Cash + Conquest Cash): $1,000
    Final OTD price: $27,000

Got the following accessories too for $500 as a last minute call (Body Side Moulding, Door edge Guards, Cargo Tray, Wheel Locks, Splash Guards)
  • Pulled the trigger yesterday on a new 2013 black on black ex-l awd with NAV

got it for 27500 incuding desitination + tax and title

I like it so far
  • Hi scooter827,
    Can you let me know which dealer you purchased it from ?

Thanks, appreciate it!
  • I started the research online, had a low price on hand quoted by a dealer that I was ready to pay but the dealer was in Santa Rosa and I am in Mountain View. I took that price to a few local dealers and bought from one who came the closest to it and had the model my wife wanted.
  • Bought 2013 CR-V EX FWD with final OTD price $24,900, with tinited window, splash gaurds, wheel locks, and cargo tray.

Bought it from Cleo Bay Honda in Killeen, TX last week.
  • still on market for 2013 Honda CRV EX-L I am looking at a $27,500 OTD in phoenix/Scottsdale AZ, closest quote I got is $ 28,200 I am not sure if I have to wait till end of September?

can any one suggest?.
  • Honda Gallery. Reading, Massachusetts
  • I got a good, not great deal on a 2013 CR-V EX-L AWD - 26,650 OTD after a 1250 trade-in everything included including all weather mats and cargo tray. The trade-in is significant only in that blue book on the trade-in was about $600, so some discount was included in that. I could have probably gotten a slightly better deal in a color I did not want from another dealer; also my region (Oregon) has higher demand for CR-V's than other parts of the country so prices are higher here.
  • Thank you for the info. Unfortunately I am in NJ...
    I am still looking then :)
  • Hi,
    Any luck with providing me some info ? :) I want to go to the same dealers as they are the ones nearest (so to say)... Would really appreciate your inputs!

thanks once again
  • Hi,

How much did you pay for yours? I was 10 month Honda Fit was totaled a week ago by some idiot when it was parked outside our house. We might want to upgrade to a bigger car.

Thank you.
  • $26300 + tax & dmv
  • Thank you so much. I will give it a shot then. Did you get wheel locks? I was really paranoid about the wheels on my Fit.