Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• 29er29er29er29er Posts: 8
    edited September 2013
    Honda CR-V EX AWD Polished Metallic 2013 (one free oil change) - $26550 OTD. That includes destination fees, registration, new plates (do not want to use old ones) etc. but excludes financing @ 0.9% ($600). I did not put any money down. We have more than enough to pay for the car outright but it makes no sense.

I went to Planet Honda two days ago and it was quite a challenge to get there from southern Westchester County, NY. All in all, it was a pleasant experience but I had to haggle real hard. They gave me an equote for $23000. When I came they added destination fees $790, extras (door strip and pretty tape stripe) for $520. lol Once they added everything it came to $27500 I got it to $26700 but I can't see myself driving again that far.

I really like Acura TSX Sport Wagon but I can;t get the price I want. I think I would have to wait until December but the biggest downside was extremely poor MPG.
  • Great advice. Thanks so much. I really needed a concrete number to work with! I will update with results!
  • I helped my mother negotiate a 2014 awd ex-l , with mud guards, wheel locks, and remote start. No other assecories. She got her car from steve padgetts honda of danville va, from internet sales. The two guys name were shane and joey. I live in phoenix, mother lives in va., she just did not want to go thru the high pressure sales tactic. This experience was anything but that. When she picked the car up, the price was the aggreed upon price, the car had a full tank of gas in it, and she was pleased with the deal. The car came with a lifetime warranty on engine and transmmition and the awd part, $100.00 deductible. The price was
    26680.33, + 398.50 doc, plus title and tags. + 365.00 for the remote start. Hope we did okay, guess time will tell. Other dealers would not match that price. She had to ride about 100 miles for the deal
  • "Lifetime warranty on engine and transmission"? I've never heard of that before. Can you explain a little further on that
  • gsairgsair Posts: 2
    edited September 2013
    It is new to me also. pull up there website and read about it. A few dealers do it as i see it on some of there sites. I do not know who it is thru, but it is only a plus as it did not cost anything. It says that all scheduled maintenance has to be done though. This is what the site says.

A Warranty Like No Other !!!
    Buy any new Honda from Steve Padgett's Danville Honda and or a 2009 and newer with less than 50,000 miles non-european and you will automatically be covered with our Exclusive Complimentary Nationwide Lifetime Powertrain Warranty! Our Lifetime Warranty is valid and covered at any ASE Certified Facility in the United States, so you can have your vehicle serviced just about anywhere you choose! This means your engine, transmission and axles are covered for as long as you own your Honda!

Your Powertrain Coverage Includes:
    Engine block and cylinder heads and all internally lubricated parts, including: intake and exhaust manifolds; water pump and pulley; fuel pump; thermostat and housing; valve, timing and side covers; engine mounts; harmonic balancer; flywheel and ring gear; seals and gaskets.
    Transmissions/Transaxle/Transfer Case and all internally lubricated parts including: torque converter; pressure regulator valve and switches; solenoids; transmission/transaxle clutch, drums, pistons and steel plates; speedometer gears; bell housing; transmission mounts; seals and gaskets.
    Drive Axle (includes both 4-Wheel and All-Wheel Drive): Differential/axle housing(s) and all internally lubricated parts including: CV joints; front wheel drive axles/half shafts and wheel bearings; u-joints; prop shafts; center support bearings; seals and gaskets.
    -Standard clutch assemblies and component parts are not covered. See warranty documents for details.

Additional Features:
    $100 deductible per each repair visit
    Fluids coverage
    Covers both parts and labor
    Original owner only/non-transferable

Your Responsibilities:
    Have your vehicles serviced as recommended in the Manufacturer's Owners Manual at the prescribed mileage intervals
    Keep copies of all repair orders for all maintenance services performed
    Ensure that both the oil and temperature warning lights are fully operational
    Vehicle Eligibility:
    All new untitled vehicles; new or leased and pre-owned 2009 & newer with less than 50,000 miles
    No emergency, commercial or fleet
    Look forward to hearing back from you. Thank you for giving us this opportunity !
  • lgbarbielgbarbie Posts: 3
    edited September 2013
    Looks like a good deal to me. Congratulations!
    My dealer in Virginia (Hendricks) also offers a lifetime powertrain warranty. It's a nice selling feature. From Honda's perspective, if you maintain your car as required, (necessary for the warranty), they theoretically won't ever have to make good on the powertrain warranty. It's a Honda; they last forever if you take care of them.
  • chakschaks Posts: 2
    edited September 2013
    We bought 2013 Honda CRV EX for OTD $26,617 in one of the Atlanta Honda dealers. Here is the breakup

MSRP - 25,605.00
    Total price with accessories including 7-yr Protection plan, mud guards, wheel locks, cargo tray - 27,071
    Dealer Fee - 599
    Total - 27,670
    Selling Price - 24,857
    OTD with taxes and title - $26,619.

Is this decent price? They said they cann't take off $699 protection plan, it is included in all their vehicles.
  • Is that a fabric and paint protection plan? I personally think it is not needed and worth so much but yeah dealers tend to put it on and charge for it. The price is okay I think, not great.
  • It is cosmetic protection on exterior and interior.
  • I don't want to make you feel bad but I saw people posted on this thread that they paid 24K out of the door for 2013 EX (6.25% tax in TX) but that was with no options/accessories though.
  • Just an update, I walked into dealers's place he did not honor the price $28000 OTD, (Honda CRV EX-L 2wd).

so it look like bait and switch

looks like CR-V' in phoenix, Arizona tend sell for better prices than rest of the places, I never god quote below $ 29,500 (OTD).
  • yes they are offering with 2014 models too, but it looks like some left over discount they are applying to 2013 or 2014 models
  • bob,
    So what was their reason for not honoring their email quote? I mean..when they gave you something in an email, how can they not honor it. I am new to car buying to so trying to understand all the tricks they play.

Thanks
  • They gave very strange answer they said Manager does not know about prices, hence price cannot be honored.
  • Looking to buy CRV EX-L with navi. Live in NY. Have been reviewing past posts, looking for anyone who as purchased in my area who could share their buying experience foe this particular model (CRV 2014 EX-L w/navi. Looking to purchase online, something I have done successfully with previous 2 cars I purchased
  • Somewhat confused, what is list price vs dealer price for CRV-L AWD with navi? I am looking to purchase this car online. I live in NY (Westchester/Putnam County). Anyone in my area that could share their buying experience for this exact model would be much appreciated. Looking to buy within next week. have been sifting through the past posts for helpful info and gave myself a mental hernia, anyone in NY who recently bought this model and could shed some light, would be sooo appreciated.
  • brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 2,407
    edited September 2013
    jojo

here is your breakdown on 14 CRV exl awd w/nav

Invoice = 28,575 plus dest charge of 830= 29,405

Try these dealerships in new york

Friendly honda
    New Rochelle

Yonkers honda... has not been pricing to sell the last few months but its worth a try

1st two mentioned are high volume dealerships. You will make your best deal if you call either of these 2 dealerships the last 2 days last day of the month and present your offer price to buy that day. Remember supply and demand and our area will play a part in pricing.

I would think a good target price might be 500 below invoice price and maybe settling in on a few hundred below or even invoice would make for a good deal right now.

good luck post your deal when done.

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

• DO NOT buy from the New Rochelle dealer...deceptive bottom feeders

Don't believe the crap of a few hundred dollars cheaper. Sounds like tge reply is from a dealer.

There is a lot of room for a bargain but you need to do more research.

Go online and Google FIGHTING CHANCE, I've used it 2x in the last 10 years and did quite well. Salesman and dealers hate it, but it works, you'll save a few grand...YES, A FEW GRAND.

Best luck!
  • brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 2,407
    edited September 2013
    Never try to buy a car from a salesman thats your first mistake. Internet manager and emails is how i get the best price. Never fails. Knowing how and when to buy is the key to making your best/lowest deal.

Save your 40 dollars on fighting chance what you learn in these forums will help you get a great price. Its pretty much common sense that dealers invoice is not there real price of vehicle..

Thats why i always advise when buying new

Take invoice price, minus dealers hold back, and dealers doc fee charge is always a good targeted price starting point to buy. plus minus all incentives and rebates that apply to you of that number.

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

• Thanks for quick response. Question, dealer doc fees, hold back, incentives etc do they vary from dealer to dealer? How does one do their homework to know what those numbers are, is location of dealer a factor? Reviewing various posts over the last few weeks, the numbers people are quoting for breakdown of costs for same model with same options seem to vary, making it hard for this pea brain of mine to get a true sense of costs, its like comparing apples to oranges. I will continue to follow the posts and do my research, your input is welcomed