Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 2,051
    edited September 2013
    My above post of applies to all 2013 models.

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

• Looking to Buy in Northern California, Nevada.
    Need some Prices paid.
    Thanks
  • too much I made an offer 26.800 inclusive of dest fee 800$( but not tax tag etc) and they said they would match that at another dealer as well in florida which seems about the same as other states.
  • $26900 including destination fees here.
  • Hello Brian

Just wondering does any one sells below $ 1,000 to $1700 off on invoice price for CRV ?. I am not sure

here in phoenix inventory is so low every dealer has a maximum of one or two crv's in their lot.

If I consider $$$ of on invoice and add back doc fees you may get it at invoice price not less than that and on the top of it dealer installed options costing anywhere between $ 1000 to $ 2000 in all cases they just refused to sell vehicle without them,

Options like your paint protection, alarm etc., running into couple of thousands.

one more thing one of the dealer told me that flex cash is back in this weekend it is $ 500 for Honda financing.

hope this helps
    edited September 2013
    Hi bob

Yes alot of dealers have sold for 1000 to 1700 below invoice price.. The problem that you are finding in AZ. is Supply and demand on 2013 models. When dealer have very little or just one vehicle in stock they will not sell it for xxx price. They know someone will buy that model from now til Dec, at dealers price. Thats how this car buying game works.

You have 3 choices

1- take the lowest price offer on a 2013 model making your best deal at the end of this month.
    2- Buy/ order a 2014 model as close to invoice price as possible.
    3- Travel out of state to find better pricing.

• Is this a good deal on the EXL 4WD from legend leasing. $309/month, $1500 damage waiver included and No Disposition Fee. Add Tax, $595 bank fee & DMV Fess. Includes 12k miles per year.

Assuming i don't want to keep the car after the least, and being that it is 0 down - does monthly payment look reasonable? Didn't call them for breakdown of the numbers yet, but just wanted to get a general idea from people.
    You need to post this message in the CRV leasing forum someone there will help you break down this deal. Further info is needed to decide

Selling price
    Cap cost
    money factor rate
    residual
    Dmv fees and doc fee's

• Hello Brian

thanks for your reply you are spot on, just found out pricing for 2014 Honda CRV EXL they are selling at $ 525 over invoice I am not sure if they godown on invoice price

The best quote I got so far( two of quotes when I stepped into dealerships they said they cannot honor for price becoz vehicle is not available etc.,) $29,400 looks like August is best month to buy than September same vehicle I was offered for $ 28,200 had to spend $ 1200 more now
    Thanks
    edited September 2013
    By getting many dealerships involved to fight for your business i think you probably can buy a 2014 at invoice price on the last 2days last day of this month. This month ends the 3rd quarter for all car companies find those dealerships looking to meet there sales quota's and invoice will happen.

Send out 20 emails to dealerships Internet mgrs, telling each one i will buy today for invoice price. wait til the end of the month for dealerships to meet your target price. There is no reason to step into any dealership until you get your target price. This is how you play the game.

• ken117ken117 Posts: 179
    Actually you do not have to work the price, not with the right preparation. Always compute a bottom line price. Take invoice less all incentives and holdback. Compute an amount and add a bit for profit, maybe 3-5 percent.

Contact dealers via the internet and ask for pricing. Select the dealer or dealers you feel most comfortable and counter with your price. Move up from your price not down. Presto, a good deal is found.

Buying a vehicle for a fair price is easy. Do your research and be open and honest with the sales person. The sales person will respect you, will be happy, and will make sure the paperwork and delivery is smooth.

Always, always remember you as the buyer control the deal. You can always walk which is the ultimate control. And the dealer knows if you get up to leave he has essentially lost the sale. That is a powerful tool for we buyers.
  • ken117ken117 Posts: 179
    One additional observation. The price you compute includes all dealer cost, including those silly documentation and dealer fees. Some folks, particularly those in Florida, pay dealers hundreds in such fees. Do not be that guy. Both your peace of mind and wallet will be happy that you were not that guy.
  • When a buyer questions a dealer about the doc fee, the sales guy or gal will argue profusely everyone pays it or it is standard or it is legit. Just stand your ground. My experience is the sales person will quickly conclude you know the fee is simply additional profit and will move to adjust the deal to compensate for the fee. No sales person wants a buyer to leave over this fictitious fee.

But recognize, for legal purposes, the dealer will have to show the fee on the contact. Just make sure the selling price or trade value has been adjusted to compensate for the fee.

It is truly hard to understand why anyone in Florida would pay $1,000 or so for these fees. I imagine dealers in other states are working hard to duplicate these unethical fees in their states.
  • Bob, I am in the market to buy in AZ. Please tell me the name of the PHX dealership. thank you
  • I got a quote OTD 25,760 for 2013 AWD LX
    Is that a good price? How much less can I bargain?
    THanks
  • are you looking for 2013 Honda CRV EXL? per my experience with all valley Honda dealers only Right Honda giving competitive price every other dealer is at least $ 1000 apart from their pricing.

Interestingly August has better pricing than now, $ 1000 difference.

if you look at inventory there are not many CRV's available hence dealers are holding to their prices.

one more interesting point, I got a call from one valley dealer and said flex cash and conquest discount both are available for 2013 models in September as well,

However Right Honda said they only have flex cash no conquest discount, not quite sure how far is that correct.

bottom line is if you get $$$ of Invoice and there are no dealer installed options is good to go for Phoenix market .

hope this helps.
  • that price seems to be high for Texas market, read through previous posts I think Texas is better market than Phoenix , I know some one who bought $ 24,500 OTD in phoenix in August 2013.

There are very detailed posts by Brian124 and some others what is right price for, take that work and adjust for local demand/supply factor.

you may not get the best price posted in this forum because your local market is kind of unique and demand/supply factors at least you know who are offering better price
  • dks9dks9 Posts: 10
    This seems to be high, anythiing above 24 is high for this.
  • dks9dks9 Posts: 10
    take some quote from houston dealers also, get one from R & S Honda.