Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 1,993
    edited December 2013
    buyhonda

Your numbers once again are wrong. OTD pricing vary's from state to state due to state taxes , dmv fee's, and doc fee charges.. How you gauge a good deal is buy knowing the Selling sale price with dest/charge included and what that dealers doc fee charges are ? Again taxes and tags vary from state to state and would only be of interest to someone in your buying state if you provide them with the correct tax and doc fee numbers etc.

LX awd invoice = 22,773

with dest/charge....830.........total 23,553.

You want to be in that 800 to 1500 below invoice range for a good Dec price.

Honda has a good finance rate at 2.9%

Check out Penn fed credit union 72 month at 1.9%

Finding a dealership that is offering flex cash rebate of 500 for financing thru honda is your best bet to knock another 500 off your bill of sale.

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

• Hi Vikas,

I'm also looking for 2014 EX-L AWD in WI / IL area. Did you make the purchase? if so what is the final OTD price? Did they provide any accessories.
    Please let me know
  • daryll44daryll44 Posts: 305

OK, followup on buying a CR-V in the Atlanta area: Thank you to everyone here who gave me good info. We bought a new CR-V last week in Atlanta after dealing with a lot of dealer shenanigans. It appears that the Atl area dealers collude on a $700 junk fee and try to say that LoJack, Appearance Package and other stuff is "standard". They try to move the ball so that the fight is about the highly marked up junk and not about the real vehicle price. I finally got the deal by telling the (3rd dealer visited) that there were 7 dealers with acceptable cars in the Atl area. My offer was good for 5 minutes to buy his car at the Edmunds True Market price, take my trade for Edmunds trade in ("good" condition) and no at her costs besides tax. Grudgingly the sales manager did the deal. Oh and they tried to sell a $2400 warranty. After I showed them the post above (that I could get it from any Honda dealer), I bought a 7/80 Hondacare warranty for $1165. Finally they claimed my daughter needed to pay a higher interest rate on the 3 year Honda Finance loan. Until I showed them her 800+ credit score and asked the number for me to call at Honda Finance. She ended up with .9% and got $500 for financing and $500 flex cash for financing thru Honda...true money beyond what she would have gotten without the Honda loan.

So thank you all. It's a war zone out there. Information is power!

• Hi Brian,

so far the best quote I got for 2014 Honda CR-V EX AWD model is 24200(Including Doc fee). TTL tax extra. This includes $500 flex case incentive. The OTD price comes to 25,600. Is this a good deal so should I wait till month end for the better offer ? Please let me know.

edited December 2013

what is dealership doc fee charge that has been applied. was 500 dollar deducted off this deal already for flex. what city are you in?

• gjmgjmpt1gjmgjmpt1 Posts: 5
    edited December 2013

The city is Chicago. The doc fee is 164$(included in the $24200 price).

The price includes $500 flex cash off.

gjmg,

2014 ex awd model Invoice price w/ dest charge = 25,519 this puts you over 1300 below invoice with flex. Make sure the dealership has added the dest/ charge into this equation other wise its not a good deal.

If you negotiate then buy closer to the end of the month you most likley will get a better price.

Chicago area 's market is not as good as some of the other area's.

• gjmgjmpt1gjmgjmpt1 Posts: 5
    edited December 2013

Thanks Brian, The price includes destination charge. I have checked with more than 10 dealership. Non of them is coming below 24700 + TTL. Only this dealer is providing for 24200+TTL. Is the current price good ? How much more I would be able to negotiate.

Couple of hundred.. I would not go crazy your area the market is alot tighter. I would only suggest if one/two of the 10 dealers are closer to your house make a pitch to the 2 closest ones. tell dealerships that for 24 k including flex, dest/ charge and your doc fee you buy from them that moment for the sale. Yes or No. Tell other dealerships xxx honda will get your business as soon as you hang up the phone if they wont meet your price. This is how you play the game. You have nothing to lose except buy from the 24.2 k dealership.. Call each dealerships internet manager and speak only to him/ her for the sale that moment..If you decide to call back all ten dealerships you might hit your mark of 24k or lower.. Good luck.

• Thanks a lot for sharing your experience. I just sent you a personal message. I'd highly appreciate if you could get back to me at your earliest convenience.

@daryll44 said: OK, followup on buying a CR-V in the Atlanta area: Thank you to everyone here who gave me good info. We bought a new CR-V last week in Atlanta after dealing with a lot of dealer shenanigans. It appears that the Atl area dealers collude on a $700 junk fee and try to say that LoJack, Appearance Package and other stuff is "standard". They try to move the ball so that the fight is about the highly marked up junk and not about the real vehicle price. I finally got the deal by telling the (3rd dealer visited) that there were 7 dealers with acceptable cars in the Atl area. My offer was good for 5 minutes to buy his car at the Edmunds True Market price, take my trade for Edmunds trade in ("good" condition) and no at her costs besides tax. Grudgingly the sales manager did the deal. Oh and they tried to sell a $2400 warranty. After I showed them the post above (that I could get it from any Honda dealer), I bought a 7/80 Hondacare warranty for $1165. Finally they claimed my daughter needed to pay a higher interest rate on the 3 year Honda Finance loan. Until I showed them her 800+ credit score and asked the number for me to call at Honda Finance. She ended up with .9% and got $500 for financing and $500 flex cash for financing thru Honda...true money beyond what she would have gotten without the Honda loan.

So thank you all. It's a war zone out there. Information is power!

edited December 2013

angelod,

Check out weymouth honda's web page.. Sign in and choose your model. Weymouth's lease numbers are pretty acurate up on there web site. Use that number as a guide to pricing. There is always more room to negotiate off that number.

• hls65hls65 Posts: 4

Anyone manage to get Dealership to give up the 3K they get from honda for each car they sell over last Dec. final numbers? I am wondering if possible to buy at invoice minus $3000?

If you find the right dealership you may get it on a 2013 model.

• rssdrssd Posts: 7

I have been also waiting for the post Christmas timeframe to pull the trigger on a 2014 CR-V LX. I started off with getting quotes using TrueCar, and the best price in San Diego is around 22,100 + TTL. I am waiting for post-Christmas timeframe when I will also take some time off from work, and the timing should line up for the $3000 inventive (which would expire at end of the year).

My target price is $21,000 + TTL. This basically means I'm hoping to get $1000 off from today's price, if the dealer is motivated to split the profit. I am OK splitting the $3000 between myself, the salesman and the dealership! I assume there are plenty others who are also looking at this opportunity so I would not wait till Dec 31st, which would be the last day of promotion. Keep in mind that dealerships can only get this promotion upon accomplishing the 20% target. Meaning that if they sold 100 cars in Dec 2012, then need to sell 20 more to get the incentive across all 20 of them. There is no incentive for selling that 21st vehicle!

I am also trying to rope-in a friend of mine who is driving a 12 year old Civic, and that way we could make a 'bundle' offer to make it more interesting to the dealer.

Comments are welcome, and I hope you share your strategy and targets as well. Especially if there is anyone out there in SoCal I would definitely like to get in touch with you.

Wish you all Happy Holidays and the very best!

• @brian125 said: Couple of hundred.. I would not go crazy your area the market is alot tighter. I would only suggest if one/two of the 10 dealers are closer to your house make a pitch to the 2 closest ones. tell dealerships that for 24 k including flex, dest/ charge and your doc fee you buy from them that moment for the sale. Yes or No. Tell other dealerships xxx honda will get your business as soon as you hang up the phone if they wont meet your price. This is how you play the game. You have nothing to lose except buy from the 24.2 k dealership.. Call each dealerships internet manager and speak only to him/ her for the sale that moment..If you decide to call back all ten dealerships you might hit your mark of 24k or lower.. Good luck.

HI Brian,

I have called around 10 dealer. No one even ready to match the current offer 24200+TTL for 2014 EX AWD. I thought of completing the deal since I'm out of town during month end. However the new posts about $3000 incentives confused me. Would I be able to gain substantially more in this if I wait till this month. If the benefit is only couple of hundreds then I prefer to do it now. Please advise.

edited December 2013

Gjmp,

I read rssd post he has a good plan he would need to get 15 to 20 dealerships involved to see who needs there end of the month sales numbers. The 3000 dollar incentive he is talking about would be rare to find. most dealerships are giving each person a few extra dollars off that incentive to hit there mark. Buying on Dec 30th or 31 is the best time to buy.. In your case you wont be around so you have a good deal on the table. No reason to wait any longer.

Remember there are other end of the year incentives dealerships are working on not just the 3000 per vehicle. On your deal that we spoke about there is room for a couple of hundred maybe more. The only way to find that out would be to push all your contacted dealerships to the end of the month calling there bluf on pricing.

Dealerships that qualify will be using the 3000 per vehicle on these category's...

1- Cut price make additional profit through volume 2- Increase TV and radio ad's to promote sales 3-Use money to help shoppers get financing 4-Increase digital marketing

Most dealership will only give you a taste of the money.

The only true dealerships that will due good are the dealerships who have grow 120 % since last year.

1500 below invoice plus flex cash is a great deal on a 2014 model. This number is what you should be looking to buy or lease by the end of Dec. Most area's wont get this kind of deal.

You may see good pricing 800 to 1200 below invoice plus flex cash. This would be a very good deal and very do-able at months end.

You guys should make this your starting or ending target price to buy. Take dealerships high doc fee charges into consideration that cuts into your below invoice price. Always counter a dealerships high doc fee charge by adding his doc fee onto your target price to buy.. this makes that charge a wash on the bill of sale..

All you folks buying this month you need to figure on your target price to buy and get as many dealerships involved and work your lowest deal by the end of this month.

good luck

Brian

• Here is what I am being quoted in Tucson. Please advise me. Thank you, John Vehicle: 2014 HONDA CR-V 2WD * 4dr Wgn EX-L w/Navi
    PURCHASE OPTION Vehicle Price: $30,025.00
    Market Savings: - $2,291.00
    SmartChoice Price: $27,734.00
    Gravel Guards: + $124.00
    TRAILER HITCH PKG: + $810.00
    Wheel Locks: + $95.00
    Window Tint Car: + $99.00
    Vehicle Selling Price: $28,862.00

Sales Tax (estimate):   +   $2,337.82    
    Documentation Fee:  +   $399.00  
    Other:  +   $5.00    
    License Fee (estimate):     +   $508.22  
    Balance Due (estimate):         $32,112.04   
    No Trade-In 

FINANCE OPTIONS Cash Down 24 months APR: .90 %
    $24,612 $316

Note : $500 HONDA DOWN PAYMENT INCLUDED IN CASH DOWN ABOVE/ YOUR DOWN PAYMENT IS $24112

• kevinv25kevinv25 Posts: 6
    edited December 2013

I just purchased my 2014 CR-V LX FWD last weekend in SoCal for $21,080 + TTL. That include the $500 flex cash discount when financing with AHFC. The other dealers I went to will not go below $21,500 or didn't have flex cash available. I thought about waiting closer toward the end of the month also for a better deal but I felt $21,080 was a excellent price for this car already.

@rssd said: I have been also waiting for the post Christmas timeframe to pull the trigger on a 2014 CR-V LX. I started off with getting quotes using TrueCar, and the best price in San Diego is around 22,100 + TTL. I am waiting for post-Christmas timeframe when I will also take some time off from work, and the timing should line up for the $3000 inventive (which would expire at end of the year).

My target price is $21,000 + TTL. This basically means I'm hoping to get $1000 off from today's price, if the dealer is motivated to split the profit. I am OK splitting the $3000 between myself, the salesman and the dealership! I assume there are plenty others who are also looking at this opportunity so I would not wait till Dec 31st, which would be the last day of promotion. Keep in mind that dealerships can only get this promotion upon accomplishing the 20% target. Meaning that if they sold 100 cars in Dec 2012, then need to sell 20 more to get the incentive across all 20 of them. There is no incentive for selling that 21st vehicle!

I am also trying to rope-in a friend of mine who is driving a 12 year old Civic, and that way we could make a 'bundle' offer to make it more interesting to the dealer.

Comments are welcome, and I hope you share your strategy and targets as well. Especially if there is anyone out there in SoCal I would definitely like to get in touch with you.

Wish you all Happy Holidays and the very best!

fnnclplan,

Is the detanation charge included in this price????