Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    bghunterbghunter Member Posts: 10
    at this point in the game, we should all be so lucky to get 500-750 over invoice!!;it's more like 500-750 off MSRP--if even that. Areas i'm talking about: chicago suburbs (southwest/west). I'd also put inquiries in the OH areas (cleveland vincinity)-- just out of curiosity. And this applies to all the different models, in 4WD.
    Very good points from those mentioned about all the different case scenarios that can tip price up/down. Seems like we have to take our chances (like in real estate) and prioritize our needs in deciding to wait or not to wait...hmm..
  • Options
    bmwguy23bmwguy23 Member Posts: 43
    No worries...I was just getting frustrated with reading this forum and trying to figure out what people were specifically trying to say...plus with the amount of CRV models it can be very confusing.

Price or % over invoice are more readily understandable if you don't know everything about the exact model somebody is talking about and if you also don't know their state tax and license fees on OTD amounts.
  • Options
    AZ market is pretty competitive and $500 to $750 over invoice is very achievable here.
  • Options
    ccacpccacp Member Posts: 117
    Please give us details about options added and your sales tax.
  • Options
    hondagal3hondagal3 Member Posts: 8
    Auto day/night mirror, splash guards, side body molding (for parking lot bumps, I hope it helps!), cargo tray, and will add the rest once I pick it up tomorrow. I wish I could give you the salesman's name, but I don't think this website allows that sort of info.
    Where are you located in VA? The correct VA tax amount (vs. MD) will be collected. All I have to do is wait for papers to come to me in the mail from VA DMV, probably swing by & have it inspected and get the tags at the DMV. For what I am saving, plus the friendly, fun, and knowledgable salesperson I dealt with (vs. the arrogant Honda salespersons in VA and around the beltway in MD) it's not a problem! I think you could keep your current tags, if you wish, and advise the VA DMV!!! Give 'em a try! Hope this helps. Let me know where you end up!
  • Options
    tom109tom109 Member Posts: 2
    FYI:
    I just bought a 2007 Honda CR-V EX-L 4WD for 1100 off MSRP in northern VA.
  • Options
    trashcantrashcan Member Posts: 2
    my experience over the last couple of days in the far west suburbs of chicago

EX AWD Beige
    I saw some posts on this forum that was saying $23200 +- $100(about $400 over invoice with dest) Doing some math of invoice -3% holdback +5%(dealer profit) you get about $23200 number, so that sounded like my goal. I found it not too hard to get that number exchanging emails with their internet sales people.

so initially sending out internet requests I got quotes back in the $23650 to $23750 range. I told them my comfort point was $23200 with doc fee under $60.
    Many said they could do the deal just come on in I went to the dealer closest to me me and They were true to their offer. (delivery next week $200 deposit)

I had gone into some dealerships about a week ago and it was so much more painful going through their crap about being a hot car. I had actually made an offer last week in a dealership's show room on a 2wd Red ($22700) that wasn't going to arrive for about 6 weeks and the they rejected it
    thank God that did I was dumb and not reading this forum. I may still be dumb but for $500 more I'll get AWD in a week not 6 weeks.
  • Options
    couch21couch21 Member Posts: 5
    After 2 days of intense phone calling, e-mail tag and some sheer luck, purchased a 2007 Honda CR-V AWD EX (Black-Black) for invoice. Total $24,750 OTD (with 7 extras) plus we haggled for a free oil change at the end. Here's the break down:

$22,839.00 - Invoice price + Destination
    $ 503.66 - Extras (All-season mats, cargo tray, cargo
    tray, exhaust tip, wheel locks, splash
    guards)
    $ 119.00 - Service/Doc Fee
    $ 1,283.84 - WI 5.5% tax
    $ 138.50 - License and registration
    -----------
    $24,884.00 - Total

Haggled with the Sales Manager to take $134 off and give us a free oil change voucher, so paid $24,750 OTD.

Dealership was in Glendale, WI. I think I was lucky to score invoice due to EOM/EOY period and the particular model was in their inventory. Was not able to haggle destination, or any of the fees. The Sales Manager was really straightforward, didn't push us any miscellaneous things I didn't want, and the whole transaction lasted less than 3 hours.
  • Options
    glad things worked out for you!! have fun driving AWD! can u tell me which dealership? thanks.
  • Options
    cliffbcliffb Member Posts: 46
    This forum is great but most posts are about the EX models; anyone with experience buying the LX version (esp. 4WD)?
  • Options
    trashcantrashcan Member Posts: 2
    Valley Honda was where I bought.

Lisle Honda are initially hard to get moving but when they know you are going to buy and are looking at other dealer they will jump (I got a call today at 8:15am seeing if they could still get my business)

Grand Honda gave me a initial cold internet quote 23650

the Honda and Countryside was calling also this morning (too late)

so after my initial email contacts I responded back with the deal I would do $23200 with under 60 in doc fee and told them what other dealers I was looking at. They all seem to get interested. So given that there might be a better deal to be had But the work may not be worth it.
  • Options
    thanks much for the info.; be safe.
    happy new year to all.
  • Options
    nearmspnearmsp Member Posts: 90
    That's pretty good. In MN, out of 10 dealers that I faxed to only 3 responded! I think Honda needs to have more dealers in MN or loose sales to competitors. It looks like the existing MN dealers have more business then they can handle.
  • Options
    bravelybravely Member Posts: 8
    We picked up our new '07 CR-V EX-L at Heritage Honda/Parkville MD on Thursday.
    $25,137 incl destination
    $99 dealer fee
    Pd NY state tax, they will send a check (taxes) for us to give to NY DMV when we register the car.
    We were a bit skeptical but went down in our trade-in, 2000 Subaru Legacy, previously unseen. Got $4900 for trade-in, we had been offered $3000 in NJ from Garden State Honda/Passaic, they also wanted $26,000 for the CR-V.
    Unbelievable service from this dealer, I can't say enough about them. Wish they were closer to service the car!
    I had sent an email inquiry and got an ans from the dealer's internet guy, called and picked our color, gave $500 cc deposit on 12/23, picked up on 12/28. they matched our online financing deal, did NOT push any extras at closing, only let us know what was available, which we declined.
    If you are in the Baltimore area, this is a great dealer.
    Happy New Year, everyone!!
  • Options
    sizzerhappysizzerhappy Member Posts: 7
    I live in Baltimore, who was the name of your dealer. $25,137 did that include tags, taxes and licencing. That is an awesome deal.
  • Options
    I'm sure that is the car purchase price excluding TTL. It is a good deal...about $500 over invoice.
  • Options
    jagman70jagman70 Member Posts: 1
    Bravely,
    Sounds like you got a very good price on your CR-V. As a New York resident, please expand on how you worked the registration with Heritage Honda (MD)? As I understand your message, you paid Heritage the NY sales tax amount and they will send it back to you to use when you register your vehicle in NY. Did you also have to pay for a Maryland registration/plates to drive it back to NY? I know some states sell temporary tags to allow a vehicle to be driven to the purchaser's home state without having to register the vehicle or pay sales tax in the purchasing state. Is that what happened here? I am interested because I also live in NY and may want to make a similar purchase.
    Happy New Year!
  • Options
    bravelybravely Member Posts: 8
    $25137 was car plus dest chg no TTL fees.

We paid NY state tax, 8% of the car price minus the trade in allowance.

We bought a $20 60-day MD temporary tag.

No MD taxes, they put NY tax amt into financing, then send a check to you for that amt so you can pay NY DMV the taxes owed.

Dealer was Heritage Honda in Parkville, MD

It was about 4 hrs from home for us.

Happy New Year--
  • Options
    suvpassionsuvpassion Member Posts: 10
    Braverly,

07 CRV EX-L, is it 4WD and with Navigation ?

If so, this is really a gr8 deal....

Happy CRV New year to everyone!
  • Options
    I would say 4WD and no navi because I am paying 25287 for my 4WD EX-L w/o navi.
  • Options
    naborsnabors Member Posts: 26
    You hear all about waiting until the end of the month to buy to get the best deal. Also, every other TV commercial the last two weeks was for end-of-year "bargains" on cars, especially in LA, the "Happy Honda Days" commercial ran constantly.

So did anyone have a "Happy Honda Day" on a 2007 CRV? Any outstanding deals or dealers willing to go above and beyond the last few days of the year? Anyone get their 2007 CR-V for invoice or very close to invoice?
  • Options
    Looking to purchase a 2007 CR-V EX. After reading Yangdari's message, #3886, I did some research on Carbargains.org. The service has received good reviews in print, but I wanted to see if anyone has any real-world experience using the site and if it is really worth the $190 to employ them. Looking for specifics on how much they were able to save. Do they limit their search to only five price quotes? That's what is seems and five quotes really doesn't seem like a lot.

Any opinions/experieces would be greatly appreciated.
  • Options
    blueiedgodblueiedgod Member Posts: 2,798
    Anyone get their 2007 CR-V for invoice or very close to invoice?

You will have to wait until September of 2007 to get the 2007 at invoice, and that may be debatable as well. Honda changes model years in September. Happy Honda Days is just marketing. True deals are to be had when the new year model is rolled out.

Incidentally, there are some GREAT deals on the left over 2006 CR-V's. Mechanically, they are identical. The 2006's have 8 some inches of ground clearance, asopposed to 5 or so for the 2007 CR-V.
  • Options
    Incidentally, there are some GREAT deals on the left over 2006 CR-V's. Mechanically, they are identical. The 2006's have 8 some inches of ground clearance, asopposed to 5 or so for the 2007 CR-V.

Did not find this to be the case at a dealer I visited last week. They had four new 2006 CR-V's on the lot, which is why I stopped by. When I asked about pricing, the sales guy said because the list on the 2006's that were left were on the high side, he couldn't do much on the pricing and that for less, or almost the same price, it would be better to buy a 2007. He was really steering (pardon the pun) me against the 2006. When I mentioned that they were a year old car already and don't they want to get rid of them, he again tried to push the 2007's in stock. So as much tried to get a great price on a leftover in stock, this guy wasn't going there.
  • Options
    thestormerthestormer Member Posts: 29
    I recently purchased a new 2006 CR-V (Dec. 8) and I got what I consider to be a good deal. I called around to about 20+ dealerships throughout the Mid-Atlantic region. Very few salespeople tried to steer me away from the 2006 and toward the 2007. Some thought I was crazy for wanting a 2006, but were still willing to sell me one.
  • Options
    jcaramanicjcaramanic Member Posts: 2
    Just bought the 07 Royal Blue 4WD EX-L including roof rack & two bike attachments for $28,400 in New York (actually NJ dealership) last week. Price includes TTL and all other charges.

I wish I knew about this forum before I bought the car.
    :D
  • Options
    suvpassionsuvpassion Member Posts: 10
    I think you paid little too much, is this price with Navigation?
  • Options
    tinnawoodstinnawoods Member Posts: 4
    I just bought a glacier blue for $20556 + tax + TTL in Washington State. Happy New Year everyone.
  • Options
    cliffbcliffb Member Posts: 46
    Reply to #4060: is this a 2 WD LX with delivery?
  • Options
    snoopy21snoopy21 Member Posts: 114
    suvpassion, how do you figure that the OP paid too much? you did see that he/she also got the roof rack and two bike racks (MSRP $649 installed). assuming the NY/NJ sales tax rate is 8%, the price paid is still $1,300 under MSRP (including the stated accessories installed at the dealership).
  • Options
    couch21couch21 Member Posts: 5
    If you mean getting a 2007 CR-V for invoice (including destination minus TTL) then that's exactly what I paid last Friday (12/29).

If you read my earlier post (#4040), I was able to negotiate invoice for an '07 CR-V EX AWD, but not without doing an INCREDIBLE amount of research, phone calling and e-mailing with dealerships across a 150-mile radius of where I live. The key was that I had to locate a dealership that had multiple vehicles of the same trim in stock (not just one), and feed off of their desperation to get rid of them to meet EOY quotas. The dealership that I bought from (10 minutes north of Milwaukee) is still apparently desperate to clear stock -- and I had this impression with Honda dealerships in Milwaukee, WI and Loves Park, IL.

So getting an 07 CR-V at invoice was definitely possible, and well before Sept of 2007. Whether it's still possible to do that after the final days of 2006, however, is unknown.
  • Options
    tinnawoodstinnawoods Member Posts: 4
    reply to #4061
    yes, $20557 is included destination charge
  • Options
    jcaramanicjcaramanic Member Posts: 2
    Right. Thanks for reassurance. Not a bad deal. :)
  • Options
    natemeisternatemeister Member Posts: 5
    I am in Norhern California and have been shopping for the 2007 LX 2WD model for 2 months now. The lowest price I got was 19,700 (Before fees, tax, etc) at Autowest Honda in Fremont. I filled out the paperwork, but since I currently have a car loan out, I couldn't get another one at a decent APR. I also called Berkeley Honda and got the same price from them. I called all around the Sacramento area and none of them would even match these prices. I will be buying one in 2 weeks when the car payments are completed and I can get another car loan :)
  • Options
    snoopy21snoopy21 Member Posts: 114
    natemeister, just a couple of thoughts for you.

1. oftentimes, the dealers won't give you their best prices if they know you're not quite ready to buy yet. i'm sure they figure that if they give you a great price early on, it just gives you time to shop their price around. also, a lot can happen in the CR-V market in the intervening time (e.g., what if it were named "CUV of the year" and elvis was spotted driving one...demand would go through the roof! :D ). when a dealer knows you're serious and ready to buy, that's when they will really sharpen their pencils.

2. the LX is the most researched model according to carsdirect, with 62% of shoppers looking for the LX over the EX versions. i'm sure of that 62%, most are looking for the 2WD version. interest = demand = less willingness by dealers to deal

3. i believe autowest has a policy of beating any other written quote by $200 (at least on the higher models). i also suggest contacting the internet manager at steve hopkins honda in fairfield with your best quote and seeing if he'll beat it (that one is a real small dealership with very low overhead) (i got my EX-L there after having contacted over 13 other area dealers and he was a real straight-shooter and gave me the best price).
  • Options
    carlover16carlover16 Member Posts: 6
    I went to two dealerships in Las Vegas and none had the 2007 CRV EX 2WD. One dealership said I can order one, but it would take about a month. I didn't get it, but where were the numbers

$23,145 +
    $199 VTS +
    $399 DOC +
    $1840 Registration +
    $28.50 =

$23,145 Total

Please let me know what you guys think. What is invoice on a 2007 CRV EX 2WD?
  • Options
    rohit2rohit2 Member Posts: 3
    I am shopping for a 2007 CRV-EX 2WD in the Raleigh,NC market.The best quote I have received from local dealers is 24100 OTD.Any recommendations on how to bring these guys lower.
    Thanks
  • Options
    Sorry about that I meant total was $25,611.50
  • Options
    Well, MSRP is 23445 and invoice is 21732...so you got 300 off sticker...or 1413 over invoice...not that great a deal...I got 650 over invoice on a 4WD EXL.

What is VTS? Advertising fee?
  • Options
    Where did you get MSRP 23445 and Invoice 21732?

I checked Edmunds and I got MSRP 22850 and Invoice 21137.
    Is the Edmunds prices too low?

I think VTS or VST is something about the etching on the windows. Not too sure.
  • Options
    I'm including and you aren't including 595 for destination.
  • Options
    Thanks for the clear up. So with my situation is $1000 under the MSRP something I should settle for?
  • Options
    I think you should shoot for $500 over invoice and settle between there and $750 over invoice or come down to Phoenix to buy it.
  • Options
    Well, my CRV was built on 12/8, shipped on the 18th and Honda estimates it to be due at my dealer here in AZ sometime between the 10th and 14th.

My dealer had the VIN on the 20th and he told me they typically assume 14 days from that date until they get the vehicle...so that would be today (1/3)...but they have not got it yet. :cry:
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,185
    Patience... Two national holidays within that time period!!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    kiawahkiawah Member Posts: 3,666
    I don't know, I'm in Raleigh as well. I've never been able to get what I thought was a reasonable Honda deal on my last two purchases. Even though a Honda was on the short list each time, the dealers being very proud of their Honda's...... forced me elsewhere.

You may consider going up to the Wash DC area to buy, much more competitive there.
  • Options
    True...but my wife's lease is up tomorrow...luckily we can get a free 10 day extension. :)
  • Options
    afischeafische Member Posts: 2
    Haven't seen a lot of posts on prices for Nav models, so . . .
    Got a Glacier Blue EX-L AWD with Nav for $27,641 including destination and protection package (wheel locks, door edge guards, cargo tray, and splash guards) but before taxes and license. About $750 over invoice+ad fee as best I can figure ($26,642 for invoice incl. destination, $249 ad fee, $150 or so cost on accessories as best I can estimate = $26,891). How does that compare to other prices seen for the Nav models?
  • Options
    weimingtuweimingtu Member Posts: 2
    I am in Philadelphia/ NJ area (actually NJ).Just closed a deal for the CRV EX-L 2007 4WD with Silver/Black at the price of 25,373 (before t&t but destination included.) A $736 over invoice. Nice sales person, willing to give Truck tray, Wheel lock and free 1st service coupon as gift, although he wanted me to tell no one about this. The vehicle was assembled at 12/15 and the delivery date is set between 1/15-20. Since Silver and Glacier Blue are so hard to find, I am very happy at the price and the waiting time. With the 4 years registration in NJ, 7% tax and fees, my OTD is 27,550 even.

I also got a quote in another store about 15 miles away, the price is 25,332 (before t&t but destination included,) but without any gift. About same price but won't be able to get any Silver or Glacier Blue till mid-March. Well, I guess a smaller dealer ship store won't get as many popular trims/colors as those top selling stores. Its trim/color selections are very few according to the scheduled delivery sheet.

If I choosed to drive 2 hours to Baltimore , I could get a price at 25,236 (before t&t but destination included.) But they won't have any EX-L 4WD till early Feb.

These are the best price I've serched in Philadelphia/NJ area. Hope this helps!!!

Happy New Year,
  • Options
    lolu143lolu143 Member Posts: 9
    I am in the market for a new Honda CRV. I went to Hayward Honda in CA to inquire into their CRV inventory. They didn't have the model I want, but they sent me a WRITTEN quote after I met with them saying that they would sell me the car at $19847 BEFORE tax and license when the car comes in and they would let me know. So I waited for two weeks. They called me on Jan 1st, 2007 saying the car came in. I went in ready to buy the car with the written quote in hand and they wouldn't honor the written quote that they provided me earlier, now saying that I have to pay $500 more above that quoted price. I sent the Internet Managers an email in the last week of Dec inquiring for an update of the CRV, they did not get back to me until the 1st of Jan in the new year. Convienently, they said that email quote was good for before the year and they called one day after Dec 31st, 2006. I bet you anything they had the car in the last week of Dec, but didn't reply back to me until 2006 passed, hoping I would pay more for the car than what they originally said. I walked out of there. Even if I am now willing to pay more, I wouldn't give my business there due to false advertising and misleading me with false written quotes. My message--don't go there to buy any Honda as what they verbally say and any written quotes they give you is not backed up by their word. Not very trustworthy, my experience there was bad.