Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    ccacpccacp Member Posts: 117
    Congratulations on being in one of the markets that are the most difficult to get a deal ! I guess Honda is not sending out enough CR-Vs to meet demand although this is ironic because you are probably the closest to Japan with California. Out here in the east, boch honda for example has over 75 CR-Vs in stock. Autotrader.com has a sampling of some dealers in different zip codes out in the east and some have over 60 in-stock ! I feel sorry for people out there, it is not your fault isellhondas that Honda is not supplying you with enough stock to sell but you are probably making more on each car !
  • Options
    isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    Some cars simply are more popular in some areas than other cars are. Imports aren't popular in Detroit etc..

I wasn't trying to be flippant. Far from it but if another local dealer called and wanted to sell us some Navi Crv's for invoice, we would be writing a check quickly!
  • Options
    Congratulations on the EX-AWD !
    Trust me, they do not make a couple of hundred dollars on a 25-30 K car. There is Holdback (2%), hidden incentives, and other bonuses attached to making more sales in a month.
    I did not make a career out of purchasing a vehicle, I probably spent a net of 1 hour after work instead of watching TV or doing something else and probably saved 1-1.5K dollars easily. Now, I never said that a dealer is dishonest but there are ways of padding the bottom line: accessories, doc fees and warranties are just a few of them.

Now if you did not want to save some money then that is fine but I know a lot of people who would want to use their money otherwise than on a depreciating item such as a vehicle.
  • Options
    Bottom line isellhondas, it is ECONOMICS 101:
    Supply VS Demand !
  • Options
    That's correct.

And when you go to finally sell your CRV you will enjoy the outstanding resale value.

And just so you know, holdback isn't profit. It ***helps*** pay for some of the flooring and other expenses. It doesn''t come close to what it takes to sell the car. Aslo, no incentive money on cars that are in short supply. No reason for them to do this.
  • Options
    pegwinkspegwinks Member Posts: 13
    I know they don't make just a couple hundred $$.

When you say you saved 1-1.5K, do you mean at one dealer over another? Just curious. . .
  • Options
    Yes, if you look at my highest on-line quote vs the lowest, there was a discrepancy of that amount !
  • Options
    juana1juana1 Member Posts: 2
    Thank you so much! I will do that.
  • Options
    todittodit Member Posts: 10
    Don't forget finance rate. My lowest quote was 21,265. But that was at 7.2%. Obviously 21,365 @ 5.99 is a better deal.
  • Options
    Will vary according to a person's credit scores so it's hard to compare them in a forum like this.
  • Options
    atlanta2007atlanta2007 Member Posts: 1
    Anyone know of a good dealer in Atlanta? I am intending to buy a 2007 EX-L this month. Any experience with prices that includes Navigation? Thanks!
  • Options
    todittodit Member Posts: 10
    My point was that each person should look to get the best price and finance rate. A person should not focus on the cost only, because it may have a higher finance rate attached to it then they could get elsewhere.
  • Options
    denascardenascar Member Posts: 25
    Go in prepared, know your credit score and know the vehicle your looking at.
    I researched for 6 months before my purchase. I picked up my CRV EX-L 2WD this past weekend for $24,300. My rate was 6.24% for 72 months. I plan to keep this one! :blush:
  • Options
    Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    Moved to our credit scores discussion, since it doesn't just apply to the CR-V. That way, members looking at a variety of vehicles will have access to that conversation. Thanks!
    j_ph, "Credit Scores and Vehicle Financing" #516, 4 Apr 2007 2:42 pm

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Options
    crv4me1crv4me1 Member Posts: 7
    but have developed a serious case of buyer's remorse. Is this normal? This is my first Honda and SUV. I have always driven European sedan cars and thought I'd get something different this time around. Nothing wrong with the car, it's fine and I got an ok price. This has not happened with previous car purchases (paid cash, now have payments). Think I became invested doing research and got caught up in the chase. I felt pressured/compelled to buy 'right now' which I acknowledge is my fault. I'm in California where there is no cooling off period.

I need to do some damage control and know I'm going to take a hit. Should I sell ASAP (private party or sell back to dealer) while the car is still popular... or wait a bit? I have a sick feeling in the pit of stomach so pls be kind :)

(couldn't find a forum for after purchase issues so hope this is ok)
  • Options
    dmathew347dmathew347 Member Posts: 80
    How much did you pay out the door for the car?
  • Options
    crvme3crvme3 Member Posts: 140
    crv4me1 what's up!!!... As far as buyers remorse being normal I couldn't tell you, have never experienced this. If you are serious give us all some details about the CRV (color, accessories, mileage,OTD price you paid etc). Is it AWD/2WD? how much are you going to ask for it?. With such a sought after vehicle I am sure people on this forum will be chopping at the bit if the price is right. I also live in California & know of some people in the market for a CRV... LET ALL OF US KNOW!!!
  • Options
    rjames27rjames27 Member Posts: 6
    Can anyone share their experiences and prices paid in the Cincinnati/ Southern Ohio Area. I would like to purchase an EX or EX-L with AWD before the end of the month. I plan to keep the car several years, is it worthwhile to buy the EX-L for resale in the future? Thank you.
  • Options
    jack714jack714 Member Posts: 1
    bought today 2007 CRV EX-L. AWD
    leather
    headed seats
    Nav
    etc.
    MSRP 28,000
    Dest. 595
    Extras 3,000 (floor mats, cargo mat, hub locks, pinstripe,
    window tint, paint guard, scotchgaurd, mud flaps, fog lights, running boards) (already dealer installed)
    72/100K warranty 1,325
    Tax, Title, etc. 1,950
    austin texas
    bottom line, paid MSRP plus tax, title, warranty, got all extras for free
    loan was 6.64 percent 63 months 5,325 down, 509 a month
    talked to lots of dealers, best deal was 500 under msrp for AWD model. Figure all the extras were a better deal so I took it. San Marcos Honda was great, honored everything they said on phone they promised before I drove down, plus a few extras. AWD are hard to get in the south.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,185
    Time heals all wounds...

When I bought my first new car (in the Paleozoic Era), the good feeling lasted about six months.. The next car: Until the payment book showed up..

Now: Its over when we shake hands on the price..

Just drive the car... you might even learn to love it!!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    mnfmnf Member Posts: 405
    You may want to call and cancel your warranty if you paid $1325 for a 72/100k. You can get that for $710 or $610($100 deductible). Heck you can get a 96/120k for $985/$885. Warranty is pure profit for dealers call them back and have them match or you will cancel and buy elsewhere.

https://www.myhondawarranty.com/plans.php?action=step2&makeID=1&modelID=10&year=- 2007&mileage=100&stateID=44&plan_typeID=1&commercial=no&Submit=Submit

Good Luck.... MNF
  • Options
    pegwinkspegwinks Member Posts: 13
    I agree. Maybe it's the fact that you've taken on payments that is upsetting you. Hey, it's probably the biggest purchase you'll make besides your home. A little second guessing yourself isn't abnormal. I think it's a great vehicle; give it a chance.
  • Options
    stevecarstevecar Member Posts: 148
    I have been buying or leasing cars since 1965. I picked up my crvw/nav 6 weeks ago. Probably one of best cars I've ever owned. Shopped forever. Paid a little too much. So what, I can still afford to eat and pay the rent.
    If you are really serious about giving it back, I'm sure you could find a quick buyer. I would say stay with it. It's a terrific car.
  • Options
    chicago3chicago3 Member Posts: 13
    I've been reading the forum off and on for a few weeks, and we're finally ready to purchase a CRV for my wife.

We're looking at the EXL, AWD-- still going back and forth on Navi.

I'm looking for input on a target price (how much over invoice/under MSRP) as well as any feedback on the navigation, do people like it?

We haven't settled on a dealership either (obviously we'll work with several to get the best price) so if you have good/bad feedback on chicago area dealerships we'd appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks!
  • Options
    On another forum, people have reported getting the navi 4wd for 27000 with all the fees included, excluding taxes.

Honda of lisle was the dealer that offered that price.

Good luck !
  • Options
    djtangodjtango Member Posts: 2
    Since this forum helped me so much, wanted to share my pricing experience to help you all better negotiate. Bought my CR-V EX 4WD a few weeks ago in St. Louis. This is the breakdown of what I got.

MSRP: $24,050
    Destination: 595
    Options.
    Splash Gaurds: 63
    Wheel locks: 54
    Cargo Tray: 105
    Sticker Total: 24,867

Total Price Paid (without tax or doc fee): 23,670
  • Options
    First off, a big thank you for your helpful replies -I read them all. Talked to my brother-in-law at Easter and he advised to give it some time and thought it was the pressure build up and expectation factor -along with the car payments. I still have my old car so if the heebee geebies don't subside, I'll look at my options.

Actually bought it over a week ago but my bank made a paperwork error so the cheque was delayed which annoyed the salesman and made me re-think things a bit.

The car is wonderful, does everything it's supposed to do and then some. Those who have yet to get their CRV will be very happy when it arrives. Took me about 5 weeks to find it. I've already been stopped at parking lots by curious people who were impressed by it.

The buying process was arduous to say the least. I'm not used to being snapped at by sales people even though I was well prepared, polite and patient throughout the negotiations. It would be great if it was more like shopping at Macy's or Nordstrom's. You just know it's going to go on sale sometime soon and there's no haggling about prices or high pressure tactics + you can return it ;)

I did get some great tips here so for the record, I live in N Calif and it is a 2007 EX 2WD (no snow here!) in glacier blue. Paid 22.2 + doc fee + tax/lic. OTD just over 24K (didn't want any extras, no trade in). Right now there are 190 miles. There was just one other EX 2 WD on the lot that I think was sold, a few EX-L AWD's w/navi were left.

Btw I spotted a red one on the freeway yesterday and it's a really good looking burgundy/cranberry color though it might get a bit hot if your summer weather reaches the triple digits. Also, the salesman was showing me various websites when trying to convince me to pay a higher price!!
  • Options
    guru_gguru_g Member Posts: 62
    I live in Louisville and I bought the CR-V EX 4WD with all season floor mats for $23,226.12+TTl+$395 doc fee=$25K OTD. I went to Lexington, KY (70 miles away) to get this as the dealer there quoted a significantly lower price. I did not get the EX-L as I am not a big fan of leather and didnt want to pay for it. Hope this helps you.
  • Options
    garavitogaravito Member Posts: 3
    I am interested in getting an EX 2WD and in Northern California What dealer did you get it from? Thanks!
  • Options
    I got it from Marin Honda in Corta Madera. Manly Honda in Santa Rosa also gave me a good quote but Marin was closer. Fairfield Honda was very nice to deal with as was Lodi but they didn't have any in stock at that time, maybe they do now? Hope you find yours soon!
  • Options
    tidtid Member Posts: 8
    I got my 2007 CRV AWD EX on 04/07/2007. I am from Ohio; I didn't get better deal in my area. I tried with the help of Guru_g in Lexington, KY at Don Jacob Honda. The Sales guy is very nice. I have pleasant experience with them.
    They don't have silver color, when I ordered and I was told that I will get in 4 weeks, but they got it for me in 2 weeks. I am very happy, they did not bother me for loan etc..

Invoice $23,226
    doc fee $395

+ Title and Ohio taxes

Total OTD =$25,293

I guess for 2007 CRV AWD EX-L it will be around $2000.00 extra.

pm me if you need sales person details.
  • Options
    bmarchandbmarchand Member Posts: 16
    I am happy to say that I got my red EX-L CRV this past weekend. After waiting for 14 weeks with Fort Myers without a car in sight I did internet shopping on my own. I was able to get the car from Proctor Honda in Tallahassee in two weeks, although I am waiting on the body side molding (which they are shipping to me). Overall I would rate Proctor Honda very highly, pleasant, efficient and also less expensive than any dealer in SW FL. Good Luck to all in your shopping experience. :D
  • Options
    blueiedgodblueiedgod Member Posts: 2,798
    bought today 2007 CRV EX-L. AWD
    leather
    headed seats
    Nav
    etc.
    MSRP 28,000
    Dest. 595
    Extras 3,000 (floor mats, cargo mat, hub locks, pinstripe,
    window tint, paint guard, scotchgaurd, mud flaps, fog lights, running boards) (already dealer installed)
    72/100K warranty 1,325
    Tax, Title, etc. 1,950
    austin texas
    bottom line, paid MSRP plus tax, title, warranty, got all extras for free
    loan was 6.64 percent 63 months 5,325 down, 509 a month
    talked to lots of dealers, best deal was 500 under msrp for AWD model. Figure all the extras were a better deal so I took it. San Marcos Honda was great, honored everything they said on phone they promised before I drove down, plus a few extras. AWD are hard to get in the south

It is actually 12 months/40,000 mile warranty since every new Honda is covered by the 60 month/60,000 mile power train warranty on top of the 3 year/36,000 bumper to bumper.
  • Options
    denascardenascar Member Posts: 25
    Finally made my move to purchase the '07 CRV EX-L 2 WD. Price paid was $24,340. I decided against the NAV since for around $300 I can install a removable one myself and use it in future vehicles. One less thing to repair in the CRV years down the road. I'll also add the mud flaps, window visors and wood grain detail myself... you'd be surprised how inexpensive and how easily this can be done yourself... and I'm a girl! :blush:
    My best advice is to research your vehicle. I actually averaged the prices paid on some forums to decide on a good price for this "hot" car.
    I don't mind the dealers making a profit, but I doubt any are taking a cruise on the final deal. Good luck, my fellow consumers, and stick to your final price!
  • Options
    guru_gguru_g Member Posts: 62
    Tid,

Glad you were able to get the same deal and the great experience at Don Jacobs as I did. Congratulations on your new car.
  • Options
    I went yesterday to negotiate for a CRV-EX with no added options and got the final price at $23,580.00 OTD . This is in the Washington DC metro area. After about an hour and a half of frustrating haggling, the OTD price was set. Its amazing how far internet research (holdback info, recent prices paid, invoice, etc..) can go. There's a 5 day waiting period.
    But here's my dilemma. That is the first and ONLY dealer i went to, and i didn't even do internet quote requests or anything like that. He said if i will sign right there and then, that price is good. But i got overly greedy, and left. My thinking was i could get a better price, i just have to attleast try a few other dealers. I was settling too easily for the first good deal.

Now i'm feeling really regretful, since i think i passed up a really great chance. I haven't gone to any other dealers yet, so can't be 100% sure on what i'll get. What should i do? Was that a good price, and should i call him back.
  • Options
    When you say OTD is that with taxes included ? Is that a 2WD or a 4WD ?

Just to make you feel better, why don't you send some request for quotes in your area using cars.com website, honda.com website is too cumbersome as you have to send out requests one at a time whereas cars.com is 3 at a time. Tell them exactly what you are looking for down to trim and color. Tell them that their price to beat is your OTD price. You will be surprised at what you will get, especially from dealers with your vehicle in stock ! You might even get a little price war betweem a couple of dealers in the MD-DC area.
  • Options
    I should have been clearer. The OTD price includes everything (TTL, destination, processing). The price is for a blue CRV-EX FWD. No extra options or add-ons.

Does anyone have a better price on this spec?
  • Options
    Every situation is different. A price obtained last week might not be valid this week. The best thing to do is to send out requests with the exact trim you are looking for and see what you get. Your price seems to be about 500 - 1000 dollars too high as taxes and processing are usually 3 % and 99 dollars respectively in MD.

Invoice is 21846 including destination. You should be able to get it at 23000 easily if you find a dealer in MD. Try Heritage in Westminster and Parkville, they were great to deal with and their prices were hard to beat in other markets.
  • Options
    After 6 months of constant researching, primarily here on Edmunds, i finally settled on the CRV-EX FWD (silver color) today in the Washington metro area. Its for a FWD-EX with only (mudguards, rack, and wheel locks). The OTD price (includes everything, TTL, destination, processing, etc...) was $23,450. This price is well below Edmunds TMV.

Some great dealers i highly recommend in the Washington DC metro area are:
    Heritage Honda of Parkville
    Heritage of Westminster
    College Park Honda

They were unwilling to negotiate on the Holdback, but did give me invoice + reduced the processing and registration. And also if you finance with Honda they get a little kickback, so factor that in.

Overall, the internet research at Edmunds and the forum members are extremely valuable. I thank everyone sincerely for their feedback. Good Luck.
  • Options
    I am glad that my post above was helpful. I only have good words for the people at Heritage Honda.

Considering that the wheel locks are about 30 dollars, the mud guards 40 dollars and the rack is 200 dollars from accessories stores you got it about 400 dollars off your previous lowest price. 23 180 OTD for an EX FWD is a great deal ! Congrats !

Again, there are good deals to be had in select markets you just need to find them using requests for quotes
  • Options
    cmkcmk Member Posts: 59
    I just bought a new car,finally! EX, silver with grey interior, 500 off MSRP. My local dealership didn't have the color I wanted, so they said they'd work out a trade with another dealership. It was from a city about 80 miles away, and I was told it would have around 80 miles on it probably.

Question #1: It came in with 360 miles on it. It alarmed me, but they dismissed it as unimportant, even though they didn't have an explanation. They suggested that maybe it had been dealer swapped before.

Should I even worry about it? I've never had a new car and I guess I had this image of being able to put all the miles on it myself, especially the crucial first few.

Question #2: I took it anyway, assuming my concern was unwarranted. I mean, it is a beautiful vehicle and was in perfect condition. However, when getting it out onto interstate speeds, I noticed a pull to the right. Is this bad news for a new vehicle? Or is that just something that needs to be adjusted sometimes?

Thanks for any help, and I'll appreciate your frankness.
  • Options
    blufz1blufz1 Member Posts: 2,045
    Do a vin check to see if the car was ever sold to a previous buyer or was damaged. If you could make them rescind the sale, you probably could get a better deal somewhere else. If you find damage or prior ownership, stuff the car down their throats and walk away. Figuratively speaking of course. :) Once you drive the car off the lot, your rights are diminished. This varies by state so check w/a lawyer. Be bold. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    They really should have checked to see how many miles were on it but we do get surprised sometimes with dealer trades.

Some people will probably try to scare you into thinking something sinister has happened here but I seriously doubt it. 360 miles is nothing.

Is it a "pull" of a "drift"? Most roads are crowned and cars will drift slightly. In any case, your dealer can easilly check your alignment.

I'm sure your car will be fine.
  • Options
    redcrowredcrow Member Posts: 4
    360 miles does seem a bit high. I thought that under federal law it's not "new" if it has more than 300 miles on it. Maybe I am misunderstanding the law - here is a link to the citation:

http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/html/uscode49/usc_sec_49_00032705----000-.htm- l
  • Options
    crvseekercrvseeker Member Posts: 1
    Looking for a "good deal" in Texas for a 2007 EX or EX-L CR-V. I am in Austin, but everything here is MSRP, no deals. What are prices like in Houston, San Antonio, Dallas areas? My daughter got a very good deal from Bankston Honda, north of Dallas, but that was at the end of 2006 on a Honda Pilot...
  • Options
    tangoredtangored Member Posts: 8
    In illinois I got qoute today for EXL AWD no navi $1000 under MSRP
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,185
    I'm not a lawyer.. but, it appears that in that link, the purposes of defining a "new vehicle" only apply to the sub-paragraph directly above it. Which deals in odomometer disclosure in transferring vehicles.

I haven't seen anywhere that the federal government regulates what is considered new and what is used. I know that most dealers consider anything not previously titled/sold as new...

I think you have to make your own decision as to what is reasonable mileage on a new car. If I get to pick between 10 miles or 360 miles... I'll take 10!! ;)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    crvme3crvme3 Member Posts: 140
    I also did a little research on this as well... Seems to be no real clarity. What I did find to be fairly consistant is that a new model vehicle is considered used with 1500 miles or more on the odometer or it has changed hands (sold/gift etc.)from it's original place of origin. It seemed to me as I was reading thru this that this rule applies to Demos as well. Maybe Isellhondas can shed some lite on this!. Hope this is of some help to you. :)
  • Options
    Cars aare considered "new" until they are sold for the first time. Honda won't let us use Honda financing on cars that have over 6000 miles on them.

We really have to watch some of our demos to make sure they stay under those 6000 miles.