Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Armada

Comments

• rotti92201rotti92201 Posts: 14
    Mike thanks for the info.. i am in Brooklyn and trying to get out of Pathfinder lease that ends in August. I have been neg. with some NYC dealers and would like to compare with the Jersey ones... See who will offer me a better deal.

Just out of curiosity why a '04 rather then '05???

christina
  • khousworthkhousworth Posts: 3
    The rebate on the 04's is 3,000 right now, and 1,500 on the 05's .
  • paisanpaisan Posts: 21,181
    1% financing + Rebate :) My e-mail is in my profile if you need to contact me with questions regarding the dealer's performance.

-mike
  • khousworthkhousworth Posts: 3
    Paisan how much did the bumper to bumper warranty cost you for 100K?
  • norbnnorbn Posts: 70
    What kind of defeatist mentallity do you need to purchase the Armada? The kind that needs $10K for upgrades, or $1600 for new brakes on a $30K+ new car? Or $400 worth of sound deadning?!!!! Geez, the whole reason you buy a new car is because you don't have to pay extra to maintain it. So buying an Armada is like buying a new old car???!!!!

Come on Nissan fix the Armada. Almost bought the Land Cruiser but its so dated looking. Still holding out for the real Aramada to show up.
  • kidsddskidsdds Posts: 11
    I had the same problem with the Fuel Gauge from day 1 with my 2004. I kept taking it in saying that there was a problem that I could only get at the most 22 gallons into my tank even if gauge was below E. I was told repeatedly that this was normal. Finally the gauge was stuck the full position for three days before they would even test the thing. They eventually replaced something in the fuel tank and have had no problems since then. I am able to actually "fill up" my tank now with the proper amount of fuel.
  • kidsddskidsdds Posts: 11
    Does anyone know if Nissan comes out with periodic update discs for the Navigation Systems? It appears that the discs are already a few years behind.
    What kind of defeatist mentallity do you need to purchase the Armada? The kind that needs $10K for upgrades, or $1600 for new brakes on a $30K+ new car? Or $400 worth of sound deadning?!!!! Geez, the whole reason you buy a new car is because you don't have to pay extra to maintain it. So buying an Armada is like buying a new old car???!!!!

Come on Nissan fix the Armada. Almost bought the Land Cruiser but its so dated looking. Still holding out for the real Aramada to show up.

No car is ever built perfect every time. So basically if you want a perfect car you will NEVER find it. As for brake issues, they'll get worked out, that's what happens on a 1st year build of a new car. As for "10k in upgrades" I'm not adding anything, i'm saying that you have $10k worth of discount for a superior car in almost all respects, of course you don't get the "Toyota Name" but i'm not into names anyway.

-mike
    I belive cost around 1100 for the Premium Gold + from Nissan.

-mike
  • dklaneckydklanecky Posts: 559
    The Nav maps can be purchased from Zenrin.com at about $185 each.

I originally received v 6.1 with the vehicle, and bought the v 6.3 a few months ago.

I didn't notice a huge amount of changes from v 6.1 to v 6.3, in the area that I drive.

I plan on updating every two or three years, no more often, unless my daily driving routes need to change for some reason.
  • rshollandrsholland Posts: 19,674
    When are you taking it to the Pine Barrens? I'd be curious as to how you feel it would compete against your old Trooper off road. Yeah, the Armada is much bigger and probably can't get into tight areas like your Trooper could, but other than that I bet it's as good as your old Trooper.

Bob
    I'd need to remove the front bumper to do any offroading. Due to the airdam below the front bumper offroad abilities in any completely stock Armada would be dismal. The skid plates are thin sheet metal. And the running boards are plastic. So compared to the Trooper, it would likely not do well at all. The trooper don't forget is a fairly purpose built offroader. The Armada is made for the American highway! I have to look into how hard it is to remove the air dam and side steps and then I might take it offroad but not likely. In all reality I'll likely tow down a buddy's offroad Jeep or Montero behind the trooper if I want to do any serious offroading.

-mike
    Ramping up onto obstacles with a 4-wheel indy suspension vehicle isn't too much fun, it is likely to rollover if I try it. At least on the Trooper it had 1 solid axle.

-mike
    I dunno, you may be surprised as to how well it will do.

Bob
    On off-camber with indy suspension, the weight is shifted to the opposite side of the vehicle (the lower wheels) in extreme camber situations this will result in a rollover. Also the biggest issue is the lower cladding on it, I can't even put my head under the vehicle from the front without hitting the air-dam and the side steps hang down pretty low.

-mike
  • howalkerhowalker Posts: 1
    Does anyone know when the 2006 Armada coming out? I've done all kinds of searches but didn't come up with anything.
  • mark51mark51 Posts: 1
    I have a 2004 Nissan Armada, purchased in December of 2003, I just recently noticed the problem with the brakes, surging or pulsating when I apply brakes. The Armada has approximately 50k miles, has anyone had similar problem at high mileage and if so did y run into any problems getting brake problem fixed. Secondly I am having a loss of transmission fluid without any signs of exterior leaks, has anyone experienced this problem.
  • btill1btill1 Posts: 69
    Has anybody else had this problem when I go to put gas in my Armada it does not let me fill it up all the way. The Armada has a 28 gallon gas tank and if I am close to empty it still will only take about 20 gallons and then the gas nozzle shuts off like it is full. Has anyone else had this problem?
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,110
    Has anyone else had this problem?

Apparently you're not as close to empty as you think. You might try letting it run down a little further and see how much difference that makes.

tidester, host
    I guess maybe I am having an issue with my gas gauge, I believe others have also had issues with their gas gauges.

Is there a TSB for the gas gauge?
  • texasmctexasmc Posts: 1
    I have just completed my 5th brake job at 19,000 miles and the dealer here in Houston (Peacock Nissan) is saying they still haven't received any of the permanent fix items for the brakes. We purchased the vehicle in California and have hired a lemon law attorney to handle the case for replacement of the vehicle in California.In Texas if you didn't purchase the vehicle in Texas then you can't file under their lemon law even if you are a resident. Does anyone have any helpful information concerning the lemon law process in California? Has anyone had their vehicle replaced by Nissan in California ? If so, what was the settlement?
    I let my truck run down on gas until the yellow light came on. I then went to a gas station and was only able to put 10 gallons in it, it was a little less than half full. I spoke to the dealer and he has never heard of such a thing
    The gas nozzle would act as if it was full and spit back gas at me after a few gallons. It is getting very frustrating.
    Anyone else?
  • pmtrepmtre Posts: 55
    2004 LE with 25K miles Good Year 265/70/18 SRA tires, rear driver side tire wearing excessively inside of tire is bald middle very worn, front driver side inside and outside very worn. Passenger side not as bad. Anyone else having problems with these tires? I spoke with a local GoodYear Rep he's looking into it. Anyone else with similar problems ?
  • rosie726rosie726 Posts: 40
    Just replaced our good year tires at 26,000 miles. All were worn on the inside, we also had a wheel alignment done on theis vehicle AND rotated tires.
  • pmtrepmtre Posts: 55
    Did you put on new Goodyear tires or another brand? Are the OE Goodyears tires just junk?
  • rosie726rosie726 Posts: 40
    We checked every tire store in the area and the only other tires available were the continentals. We haven't heard good things about them so we stuck with the good years. Seems like no other company makes the 18" tires. Also got another wheel alignment, guess we'll have to see how these hold up.................
    I've only found the 18" Continentals and the BFGs available. The OE on my 04 LE are Continentals but I only have 3500 miles so I can't tell if they are wearing unevenly or not. I'm going to switch to the BFGs before winter most likely.

-mike
    Have you done any gas mileage checks yet?

Bob
    In city driving which is into and out of manhattan, lots of slow and bumper to bumper traffic, with a few sprints to 80+ and then down to 0, I've been consistently getting 13.5 Haven't done many trips with it yet so don't have a good handle on the the highway milage but for about 3k miles 13.2 to 13.9 is the city milage. The one trip I took out to PA I pulled 19mpg at 80mph. Towing a 5500lb car trailer at 80mph on the highway I pulled 14mpg

So overall it's doing quite well. I bet if I dropped down from 80mph on the highway to 60mph the milage would drastically increase. I did pull up on a mound of dirt/rocks by the shop and when I crawled under afterward I noticed the front air-dam collected a ton of sand/dirt on the backside of it from when I backed off it. So for offroading I would say the front air-dam and/or bumper would need replacing along with the side steps. Other than that a friend watched and the ABLS worked great as far as LSD while i was climbing the rock pile. Just shifted power side to side stopping the slipping wheel.

Also in 4-lo the VDC is automatically turned off which is great. So you can power out of say a mud-bog if needed.

-mike
  • jessedogjessedog Posts: 4
    I took my 04 Armada up to PA from Atlanta, GA a few weeks ago. During the highway portions of the trip I averaged 17.4 MPG and overall with some city driving in Philadelphia I averaged 16.0. This was higher than I had expected since I had been averaging under 13 in Atlanta (about half highway and city).

BTW...I got a call from my local dealer informing me that they will be getting the new Brake Rotors in pretty soon and they will call me to make an appointment. This was an unprompted call so I am pretty happy with their service so far. I had my brakes serviced after only 1800 miles before I took it to PA.
    Stu