Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Armada

Comments

• pmtrepmtre Posts: 55
    After waiting 30+ days for new brake fix, I called the dealer to set up the old brake fix, I couldn't stand that judder anymore. Well dropped the beast off yesterday and guess what?, The new brake fix just came in. Lucky me. Only problem is my wife is sick and tired packing up the 4 kids and driving 30 minutes each way( 3rd time fixing the brakes) and refuses to drive me back there to pick it up. So when I get done walking up there I'll let you know if its worth it! ;)
  • rosie726rosie726 Posts: 40
    Our dealership gave us a free loaner car each of the 6 times our brakes were repaired! Of course we had to request it!
    The Saga continues! New brakes work great. Picked up the beast today, drove right to the local tire shop for my new special order Michelin Cross Terrain 265/70/18, dropped it off, then the phone call , one small problem, the tire shop can't take the pressure sensor out it's all corroded, call the dealer, "bring it back in it's under warranty, We don't have the part but we'll order it." Meanwhile the rear GY tires fading fast. The Nissan dealer told me tires aren't covered nor an alignment. They also had no explanation why the rears wore out faster than the fronts. We'll I Better get back to my full time job of arranging for a ride to and from the Nissan dealership.
  • mtookermtooker Posts: 1
    Have you found a solution to this? I just got the same config and will not use the console.

Thanks

Michael
  • galvanggalvang Posts: 156
    Its about time, Michelin finally released the Aramada's standard size tire for the 18" rim. 265-70-18 Cross Terrain. These tires are quiet, have excellent tire wear, and are of one the best in quality. Perfect for the MADA. Availibility might be tight though. I would check with a Michelin tire retailer for availibility. Tirerack does not carry them as of yet.
  • how are the tires in terms of on road traction and grip?(Qx owner looking for new tires)
    Really good for road traction and grip. Most of all the're quiet. I had some for my old MDX and were the best tires I have ever had. If you want to see more detail ratings go to Tirerack.com.
    Picked up the Mada today, replaced the GY with new Michelin Cross terrains, rides better than new. Paid $200 each installed. The Nissan dealer had to replace all 4 air pressure sensors built into the stems. The problem is the aluminum valve stems corrode easily. Luckily my tires wore out at 26k. If they lasted to 35K it would be out of warranty/ and $80.00+ each to replace. Watch out! You can't tell there is a problem till you try and get them out. I bought the tires locally and they told me go back to the dealer and make them fix it. The Mada was also way out of alignment, what a difference in the ride now. First time any of my vehicles needed an alignment over the last 20 years. Thanks Nissan!
  • kidsddskidsdds Posts: 11
    Have you had the TSB done on the overhead console yet? I have a 2004 and had the same sunroof issue. Finally they determined the cause was the over head console brackets. It has been fixed for about six months now, but now I have noticed the overhead console sagging in the middle now.
  • mich42mich42 Posts: 3
    I was looking at a Armada LE 2004 still on the lot. Was selling 47,000 now 38,202.68 Tax,License & Title included. This is loaded with DVD & Nav system.

Is this a good deal for a year old SUV? :confuse:
  • paisanpaisan Posts: 21,181
    If they give you a good financing deal with it. I got mine for 37.5 in april w/ 1% financing w/o DVD and Navi.

-mike
    Took 1 day no issues so far.

They replaced rotors front, pads, caliper bracket, and caliper bolts. Rear they replaced pads and resurfaced the rotors.

Hopefully it will be a permenant fix.

-mike
  • stgas1stgas1 Posts: 1
    I bought a 2004 LE 2 months ago for 33,000 brand new. It had a sticker just shy of 42k
  • james28james28 Posts: 2
    NO!!!! If this vehicle was priced a $15000 it would be too much for the quality of vehicle you will get. Take my advice and steer clear of any nissan products. you are guaranteed problems and nissan is not standing behind their products. Do a little research and u will find out that they are being sued to death for this vehicle.
  • azfunazfun Posts: 8
    dcwins,

I have the same problem on my '04 SE bought 12/03 where the AM radio station cuts in and out. More often when going over bumps. I have had the radio replaced 3 times and some other antenna connection part replaced. Nothing has worked. I thought the same about a loose ground connection point. Dealership says that is not the cause. They still say it is the radio because they can make it happen when they beat on the unit. Dealership (Peoria Nissan, AZ) advised when I can't take it anymore to go buy an aftermarket radio. My concern is that the steering wheel controls and back seat controls won't work with an aftermarket radio. Best Buy and Circuit City could not guarantee they would work.
  • scott174scott174 Posts: 74
    Hello,
    I am no stranger to this board, I have had my 04 Armada bought back by Nissan last year. The problems were numerous, and they could not fix most of them. I was stupid to buy another 05 Armada because I believed all the rumors that the 05 Armadas would be better. I have had my Armada since Nov 04, and have about 11500 miles. The brakes have been replaced 6 times now, twice the new "END ALL FIXES NEW KIT" The problem seems to be worse with the new kit. The pads are noisy and the rotors have had to be cut again. The Dealer says that I'm the only one that has had a problem. My question is this: How many of you have had the brake kit installed, and have you been pleased with it? I got about 1800 miles out of my new kit, with a lot of city driving. Thanks :mad: :cry: :lemon:
    Which new kit are you talking about??? Nissan has so many that I can't count.

There has been some conversations where the latest supposedly last fix (May 2005), Nissan still will not guaranty. In fact to this date Nissan has not put anything in writing to their customers who are having these problems that the brakes are finally fixed. So anything that you hear is subject to scrutiny even from your dealer. Get it in writing from Nissan.
    The latest kit is the one which replaces the front rotors with thicker ones, new front and rear pads with a different material.
  • soldaustinsoldaustin Posts: 91
    Well, I think the only thing I am pleased with is the brakes now. If you look back, you will see that I have had more than my share of problems. It is early to tell but I think I have about 3,500 miles on this set which is a record. No brake dust. Yes, you read right. No brake dust. I can't believe it. I washed my vehicle at one time and went 2 weeks and the vehicle was dusty but no brake dust. Talk about cutting down the wash time! They stop fine also, no shake. The problem I haven't resolved is my new set of tires are wearing! I thought I had the alignment problem licked. I have popping underneath the vehicle when I hit a bump and say turn at an angle. Like under stress it does it. They can't find it and I don't think the one tire will last as long as the last ones. I have about 5,000 miles on the one tire and it looks about like a 20,000 tire. I have 26,000 miles on my 2004 that I bought in Nov. 2003. I replaced one tire at around 13-14,000 miles (had a bolt in it but was worn out) and the others about 3-4,000 miles ago and 2 has noticable wear already. (back to the shop again next week!) Other problems I had have been worked out already. Roof fix worked and that really was a shocker to me. The bad shaking on the steering wheel when I hit bumps is scary. I don't think it is normal but service from Nissan said it is. I think it has something to do with my wearing tires. (i had a 4 wheel alignment at 12,500 miles or so by Sears because Nissan would not do it) Anyway, I have said it all before. This vehicle has major bugs. Get used to it or get rid of it because they all have the same problems from the factory. As I said before, a lot of people just aren't sensitive to things like this.
  • camlamarcacamlamarca Posts: 40
    Nissan did put the 3yr unlimited guarantee in writing. I've got it. I also got the new system last month, free. Not dust, stops well. I feel for the 2003-2004 owners who had to deal with the brakes a bit long, but this 2005 vehicle of mine is fine. At least Nissan is paying for everything unlike several Toyota Tundra/Sequoia owners I know where the owners are paying for new brakes and rotors every 10k miles.
    It seems some people are having some prelim success while others are not. The latest fix is with the thicker rotors and new pads, I concurr.

The tires are just unacceptable. I'm already on my 3rd set. Just recently I had a flat in the freeway and I had to tow the truck out to replace the tire with a spare. Needless to say that was expensive. Tires are wearing out fast both front and rear. I can conclude that the life of these tires are about 15K. Now Michelin offers the Cross Terrains in the Armada OEM size so these are much better quality tires. These tires may be tough to find and are expensive but a excellent choice to replace those sad ContiCraps.

Chances are I will not be keeping my Mada for to long as something is happening in the horizon.
    Had the truck in the shop for the 6th brake issue in less than 12000 miles. The Dealer said that they only had to turn the rotors, as they were "Warped & glazed" I took it in because they were making a whirling/grinding noise on hard stops. Pads were NOT replaced. Time will tell if this is THE repair. She was in the shop for so long because I had a list of things that needed tending too. Windows, door rattle, seat squeak, damaged seat memory switches, and a drivers door they screwed up on the last oil change. Whats next???
    Did almost 2000 miles towing my 6,000lb trailer. The new brake kit is working well for me, no issues.

I also did some offroading, quite challenging stuff. The only issue I found was the sidesteps got a bit scraped up, take them off before offroading in the future. I also think the front bumper/skirt will cause issue for steep obstacles. I had no problem negotiating a nearly 20 mile long offroad trail. Good fun and the Armada did well.

Other than that turned 8000 miles and no other issues to report.

-mike
  • aggiedogaggiedog Posts: 238
    I had the "new brake kit" installed at about 7K miles. Now at 12K they are starting to shake again however intermittently. Service guy did tell me then that there was no guarantee that the new rotors would work well for long. Plus, my front rims look just like the tires, completely black. They'll be replaced again @ 15k service.
    Well, Looks like I am not the only one. I have had the kit for under 3000 miles. I do drive a lot of stop and go, living in Southern California thats just the name of the game. I have a good source that tells me that the media is getting ready to start airing all the nasty brake issues. What will happen to the resale value of the Armadas/Titans with brake issues?? Who wants a truck that will need brakes and rotors faster than BMW'S
    Well, Looks like I am NOT the only one. (Just wait) I have had the kit for under 3000 miles. I do drive a lot of stop and go, living in Southern California thats just the name of the game. I have a good source that tells me that the media is getting ready to start airing all the nasty brake issues. What will happen to the resale value of the Armadas/Titans with brake issues?? Who wants a truck that will need brakes and rotors faster than BMW'S
    I also found out it's the compound of the pads. Try putting some Carbotech pads on your trucks and I'll bet it fixes the problem I have a friend who did this on his titan and he has almost 20k miles on the carbotech pads w/o issue.

-mike
  • rshollandrsholland Posts: 19,727
    I also did some offroading, quite challenging stuff. The only issue I found was the sidesteps got a bit scraped up, take them off before offroading in the future. I also think the front bumper/skirt will cause issue for steep obstacles. I had no problem negotiating a nearly 20 mile long offroad trail. Good fun and the Armada did well.

So Mike, how did you find the IRS off road? Better than expected? About what you expected? Worse than you expected?

Bob
    It did great. It too a ittle getting used to though. Having offroaded quite a bit, my instincts were to try to climb over obstacles with the wheels. With the IFS and IRS I found that it was sometimes better to stradle them, since there was no pumpkin to get caught up on rocks. Really the only thing stopping me from doing the most challenging stuff was:

Side Steps
    Bumper/airdam
    Wheelbase

I figure if I had a pathfinder with a slight lift and an ARB bumper in the front it would do VERY well offroad. Took a little while to get used to but otherwise did well. The V8 power was nice as well. Also the ABLS worked extremely well and I'd definitely rather have that than a traditional LSD for offroading. Not as good as a manual locker, however it did shift power to the wheel with more grip when I got 1 wheel in the air my friend following in t Tacoma said he saw the airborne wheel stop and shift the power to the wheel still in contact with the ground.

-mike
  • rshollandrsholland Posts: 19,727
    I'm assuming you're talking about the new '05 Pathfinder, which also has IRS?

A lot of the new IFS/IRS SUVs have these "trick" 4WD systems that shift power to the wheels with traction, So, with that in mind, I think the old "lack of articulation" argument that has followed IRS-equipped SUVs, is pretty much been neutralized. The bottom line is you're likely not going to get stuck, which is all that really matters.

FWITW, I've seen pictures of stock solid-axle Wranglers with 1 wheel off the ground when 4-wheeling. I'm sure modified, purpose-built solid axle off roaders are better, but I'm not so sure that stock models have that much of an advantage; and whatever advantage they do have, the on-road ride and handling compromises, IMO, just aren't worth it.

Bob