Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Armada

Comments

• autoboy16autoboy16 Posts: 992
    Leaning towards armada because i think i have been offered a good deal. The deal is a grey 2004 armada2wd LE with dvd navigation and dvd entertainment, rear bucket seats, and the rest of those bells and whistles! did i mention that it has 19,000 miles and is still under factory warranty. Price, $30,500. Is this a deal? Remember no :lemon:

REASON :)
    I prefer a 2wd armada over the AWD mdx because i live in south florida therefore AWD is useless. Gas mileage is no longer as much of an issue because gas prices are around $2.18 and have short commutes. The big fuel tank means more miles on a long distance trip, right??? :confuse:
  • I hope it snot too late. but dont do it. I just bought a new 2006 LE 2wd and the brakes keep going out on it, and the problems with the breaks start with the 04 models so look into it before u buy.
  • Is anybody having problems with their breaks and roters on the 06 armadas?
    My neighbor has a white 2004 Armada. Her only problem is that she paid for tan leather seats and got cloth. They replaced her truck free of charge and gave her a free dvd entertainment system w/ 3 wireless head phones in a 2005 armada. Not much problems. She says "it may be a big truck but it gets the job done with power to spare. Even the gas mileage isn't bad, its pretty good for a truck of this size :) "

From what I heard, the Qx56 is the :lemon: but there is a 60% chance of getting a good Armada. They're becoming more popular where I live than an accord.
  • mich42mich42 Posts: 3
    I have a 2004 Armada LE and comes with air suspension as standard on the LE. In regard to the stiff ride. They have found that the Suv's with the soft ride are more prone to roll over according to the study Nissan did.

We love our Armada LE and will buy another in the future.

Bill

From Michigan ;)
  • mich42mich42 Posts: 3
    Well bad gas sure won't drain a battery, so there has to be a short in the pump or some where else in the system,

I have known several people that when they can't get help from their Nissan dealer. Call the 800 line and that gets results. ;)
  • hnter1hnter1 Posts: 1
    I used to have a 2004 4X2 LE that was bought back by Nissan because of similar problems like the ones you have with your truck. Back in September I purchased a 2006 4X4 LE fully loaded. 9k miles later no problem, we love our truck. I installed a K&N cold air system, a Turbonator and a Free Flow muffler. By the way you do not need an attorney.
  • bullwagbullwag Posts: 10
    When I bought my 04 Armada, I was on this website every day to see what everybody had to say. There were good things and also bad things equally. I can say that brakes were the biggest issue with a (people were calling it a resonance problem). I had the brake problems which Nissan fixed for now, but never this ear pulsating problem.Decided just recently to come back to the site to find if anybody has a Thule or Yakima hard roof carrier on their vehicle. Both big manufacturers say they do not recommend any hard box installation. HELP! Two people replied on another site but sounded like older boxes. Any body with new installations? By the way, anybody see the 2006 consumer reports auto issue? OUCH!!
  • I had our rotors replaces at the dealership with no problem.. they also replaced the brake pads on the front and rear at no charge
  • rshershe Posts: 236
    I found the main reason they don't recommend the hard boxes, is due to the crossmembers of the roof rack are spaced too far apart. I had a Sears 20 CF box that would not fit for that reason.. I drilled a couple of new holes in the box to make it fit, but it really seemed to flex in the center. I later bought a Yakima Mega Warrior with the extension and use a tarp and have been very happy with it.
  • shopinfulshopinful Posts: 47
    We have a 2004 Armada and have not had many problems with it whatsoever. We did have the break fix but that is it. Because of all the other problems that I have read about with this model, I would like to purchase an extended warranty to be on the safe side. Can anyone suggest one and also how long do they last and what is good price for one? Tks
  • Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,018
    A national newspaper is looking to interview consumers who just purchased or are looking to purchase a large SUV. Please send an e-mail to ctalati@edmunds.com no later than Wednesday May 10, 2006 by 5:00 PM PST/8:00 PM EST containing your daytime contact information and the vehicle you are interested in purchasing or just purchased (please provide approx. date of purchase).

Thanks,
    Chintan Talati
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

about the brake fix, how long did it take?
    Well, we thought we might be missed with the whole problem issues. We had the brake fix or so we thought and a month later we were in a parking lot and the brakes just gave way. The peddle went almost to the floor. Drove a couple miles an hour to the dealership. Let it for 3 days. Picked it up and drove maybe 20 miles in 2 days. Sat for a week while away. Once again, in a parking lot and breaks went out. It has now been at the dealership for a week. We will see how it is on Monday. Can anyone tell me what we need to have them do so it doesn't happen again and is fixed?
  • hapakathapakat Posts: 10
    I have a 2002 Nissan Armada. I just got my brakes fixed for the 5th time. Anyone else keep having these problems? I'm so tired of taking my car in...what a inconvenience! I leased my car and can't wait to get rid of it. I wonder if there is any way to get out of the lease with these problems. It rattles so much that my husband doesn't want to drive it.
    We have just recently had the brake problems with only 11,000 miles on the Armada. Will Nissan honor the brake problems after the warranty goes out since it has been a recall and constant problem? I was wondering if not, if it would be wise to buy an extended warranty and the cost.
    I was told that I won't have to pay for brakes....period. They will replace them for free everytime they go out. I just get tired of having to take my car in so much! I never even received a recall notice from Nissan.
  • camlamarcacamlamarca Posts: 40
    With the headlights on, I noticed a little interior light in the upper column, right between the front map lights. It's a tiny little light, sunk in an inverted cavern, not very bright, and seems to have no purpose at all. It's hidden behind the big rocker switch for the interior light control. Any suggestions what this odd little light is for? My only guess is to make the rocker switch show a slight back lit effect.
  • chuntmdchuntmd Posts: 17
    This little red light is failry common on Nissans. It provides a little cabin light without effecting your night-time vision.
  • achadha1achadha1 Posts: 64
    I have one kid and another on the way. I am taking a look at the Armada and trying to decide if bench seat or captain chairs would be the better choice?
  • rshershe Posts: 236
    I have 3 boys under 4 yo. We opted for the bench... I don't know if the newer models improved upon this, but the middle row outbound seats are the only ones with upper and lower LATCH... I preferred the bench as anyone will tell you (that installs car seats)-the middle seat in the middle row is the absolute safest position for an infant. It also makes it easier to see/reach the infant as well.
  • camlamarcacamlamarca Posts: 40
    Bench. I can't believe they have marketed a bench as a lesser option . . . when it's an obvious advantage.

[1] On a vehicle this size, why opt for only seven seat belts, when you can have eight. Growing family . . . you'll want them long term.

[2] Put the baby in the middle, have better access from the front, it's safer, and the side child can help pick up the bottle, binki, etc.

[3] The bench seat is plenty roomy for 3 people. There is almost no comfort sacrifice for the window passengers by opting for bench over captains chairs. The bench still allows for independent reclining, and simple access to rear bench.

I can think of a couple minor downsides from having the bench.
    a] cup holders less convenient
    b] arm rest less robust
    I you get the armada, get a new 2006. Its the first nissan to feature a 60/40 3rd row seat! And finally the trizone automatic climate control is stanard across the line, even on the se.

IMO, nissan should offer an XE below the SE to have 2zone clmate like the old SE's, standard features to be available as options (like make manual venting 3row windows an option or give credits for taking a bench insted of captian's chairs or take off the underbody skid plates and make them optional) and be priced starting around $27,990. The XE should have a chromeless front, mimicing the titan xe. The armada is a great vehicle but the options i want make it to pricey :cry:.
  • pulelehuapulelehua Posts: 2
    Aloha from Hawaii, I have a 2004 Nissan Armada LE that just started giving me problems, a couple of days ago while driving home my brakes failed, the Dash board light VDC, SLIP & BRAKE lights came on - the brakes made really loud sounds and then it came to a noisy stop!! HOW IS THAT only 18,000 miles, didn't even know that it had a RECALL until I took it to the dealer to FIX! They replace the brake pads, rotars, and tork mem. and had to re-program the computer...!!! So much for buying a safe family car!! I still love this car but really hope that even though my warrenty runs out is Nissan going to continue to replace the faulty brakes? OR am I going to have to dish out the money? DOES ANYONE KNOW? :confuse:
    My Nissan dealer replaced my brakes every time without any cost to me. Even after warranty is up, they should continue to do this! My dealer said I would never have to pay for the brakes since it's a default! I've had my brakes go out about four times so far. It's so inconvenient to have to go back and forth! My Nissan is a 2004. I never received a recall notice and probably never will!!! I regret getting this car...I leased it and can't wait to turn it in next year. It also rattles so much!!!
  • milkenmilken Posts: 10
    does the $3000 cash back count when you lease the Armada or is it only for outright purchase?
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 40,144
    I don't see any lease incentives (for my zip code anyway) link.

It'd be worth asking over in the Nissan Armada: Lease Questions discussion in case there's something else out there I don't see on our Incentives page.

Steve, Host

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• tidestertidester Posts: 10,110
    rockbiggie,

Please read your email. Thanks!

tidester, host
  • 4forus4forus Posts: 3
    I had the same problem a couple months ago and they told me it was a Booster sensor. After replacing it my family and I were on vacation and the braks went bad again...now I have a bad ABS module, 4WD computer is bad and the sensor is out again. After replacing all of this they also think the wiring harness is bad. I won't drive this car since my kids life is worth more -- Nissan won't give us a rental until we finalize buyback and have been miserable to deal with. My husband is contacting a lawyer so we will see what happens --
    My dealer took care if this right away....I may have been there about 4 times to replace the brakes but they never gave me a problem. I'm just glad that it's a lease and I plan on getting rid of it asap. You're right, it's not worth your family's life. I wish I could get out of my lease and get a new car! Hope your lawyer can get your money back for you and good luck with your next car!