Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Armada

Comments

• diploiddiploid Posts: 2,286
    Whoa, thick A-pillars. This is from the Titan, but I suspect the Pathfinder Armada will be similar, if not the same.

http://www.autointell.com/asian_companies/nissan/nissan-titan/[non-permissible content removed]- an-cockpit-640.jpg
  • rshollandrsholland Posts: 19,663
    to the front bumper, it will be pure Titan.

Bob
  • davantdavant Posts: 294
    IMHO Nissan is known for making great dependable vehicles...like the 90's Altima with the killer airbags. Despite that they've managed to hang on in several tough markets and even tougher corporate strife. The 300Z was a classic as is the new one, current Maxima is sweet-04' looks even better, and the Frontier ext cab is a darn fine vehicle. I look forward to a hands-on with the Armada but wonder, what's the Pathfinder prefix got to do with this full size SUV anyway, identity crisis or puberty? My current Nissan gripe is the hype in the ad campaigns. Check out the Murano interactive tour at nissanusa, you might just puke. I want to know about the vehicle, not what I should be doing with it. The clincher turn-off for me is the the SHIFT_(insert your buzz word here and flash subliminal messages) for almost every vehicle in the line-up. For the Path-Armada it's SHIFT_scale, others include _passion, what about the Sentra, possibly SHIFT_uphill? I hope consumers don't see it as SHIFT_another brand, let's wait & see what the Japarmada has for us.
  • mbuntingmbunting Posts: 158
    I think maybe Nissan may be using the word Pathfinder along with Armada kinda like Chevy has the TrailBLAZER...just a guess though?

I don't know what to think about the sketch of the new Armada...I will definitely wait until I see actual photos of the beast later this summer before I pass any judgement though.

I have a 2001 LE and it's been absolutely great! I am thinking about buying a new SUV this fall/winter - and the Armada is probably where I will start looking when the time comes. I'm also interested in looking at the Infiniti version of the Armada.
    The Baltimore Sun Business section recently had an article on Nissan's future truck plans. While it didn't spell out anything new, it did mention that Infiniti would also get a version of this new full-size SUV. I wonder...

Nissan = Pathfinder?

Infiniti = Armada?

Bob
  • bigorange30bigorange30 Posts: 1,091
    The Pathfinder exists today, that would not indicate "NEW". I don't think they just want to introduce a new generation. Also, Infiniti already has a Pathfinder upgrade and its called a QX4. I know, I own one. If it was just a "new" generation, they would call it the QX5 if they changed the name at all. They have also stopped production on the QX4 and probably the Pathfinder although I don't know that for sure. That is another piece of evidence that suggests that it is not just a new generation.
    I've heard the current Pathfinder is going to be replaced by this new full-size SUV, but that the name "Pathfinder" will remain.

Bob
    It will be called the Pathfinder Armada.
  • Here's an article from Ward's Auto speculating on what Nissan is planning...

http://wardsauto.com/ar/auto_nissan_dubs_fullsize/

Sounds like the Armada will retain the 'Pathfinder' prefix for a year or two, then drop it when the existing PF gets it's own redesign. My guess is that the redesigned PF will be a slightly smaller version of the Armada. I'm just glad to hear Nissan is going to keep the PF in the lineup.
  • The reason the 'Pathfinder' is in front of the Armada is so the crowd can get used to the name, while the PF will remain till 04, with a slight restyle, then get phased out and the PF armada will then just be called Armada, and then the PF is supposed to make a comeback later on. Lets hope so, it is a fine vehicle

That is the latest word out
    I have heard that production of the Pathfinder/Qx4 has stopped. Do you have a link that shows evidence that it has not? Why would they stop production if they were going to make a 2004 edition at all.
  • I've been on Freshalloy.com, and ppl have been putting sites up to let ppl gather info, and yes someone had forbes and other sutff like auto news and things, but the newest one confirmed that the Armada will NOT replace the midsize PF, instead it uses its name for market, then will eventually be called 'Armada', kinda like the 'Grand Prix' Montana is just the Montana now. Other than that, i have no solid proof, but u could always stop by your Local Nissan dealer...maybe i just will...

BTW, what have YOU heard?
  • mrnimmomrnimmo Posts: 271
    'Grand Prix' Montana is just the Montana

What is a Grand Prix Montana?
  • a_l_hubcapsa_l_hubcaps Posts: 518
    mrnimmo-

I think he meant "Trans Sport Montana". Montana started as a package on the Trans Sport before they just renamed the van.

-Andrew L
  • yeah..thanks, i didnt know much about that, i just knew it was named sometin, thanks, anyway, i know have some kind of proof, tho not solid, it is proof, but this is dated in 2001, so things HAVE changed, but this is the only thing i could find rite now...

http://www.autonews.com/page.cms?pageId=114

its in the Japanese section, they did something like this more recently in autoweek, but i cant seem to find it...ill try my best to get it for u
  • pf01pf01 Posts: 35
    My speculation is that 2004 is probably the last year for the current Pathfinder. If you go to nissannews.com or autosite.com, you will find that the Murano, instead of generating more sales for Nissan, actually took away half of the sales of Pathfinder. Before Murano came out, Nissan sold approximately 5,000 Pathfinders a month. But since Murano came out, Nissan sold around 2,500 units of Murano and 2,500 units of Pathfinder each month. 2,500 units is approaching the usual sales volume of QX4(1000 to 1500 units) before its recent demise. With the Pathfinder Armada in the horizon, we are probably the last owners of current Pathfinders.
  • jeff186jeff186 Posts: 95
    The Armada is supposed to be publicly unveiled at the NY Auto Show. I loathe going into the city but I will just to see this bad boy in person.
  • There is a partial picture of the armada on the Nissan News site.

http://www.nissannews.com/events/autoshows/nissan/2003newyork/arm- ada.shtml
    Man, half a profile photo about the beltline! Sigh...the NY Auto Show is less than two weeks away. I read somewhere that the Armada will go on sale around October, 2-3 months ahead of the Titan pickup.
    Can this topic also be referenced in the Nissan section, please?
  • steverstever Ex Yooper, just arrived in New MexicoPosts: 40,540
    Do you mean it should be listed in the "Nissan Discussions By Model" display on the main Town Hall page?

I guess it's done that way because it's linked to existing models, and the Armada falls through the cracks since it's a "future vehicle." Sometimes the names on future models change and sometimes they don't happen at all, so I guess that's why it's not in that list. It does show up when you click on "Nissan Related" and "Display All Nissan Discussions."

Good point though - I'll mention it to management and let them know people may be missing some good discussions this way.

If you mean something else, let me know.

Steve, Host

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• steverstever Ex Yooper, just arrived in New MexicoPosts: 40,540
    "Nissan, long an also-ran to Honda and Toyota, is on a roll with its bold new approach to car style"

Comeback, by Design (MSNBC)

Steve, Host

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

I think a lot of folks are missing this discussion. And once the official unveiling of this vehicle this week, I think the level of interest will spike. A distinct "Pathfinder Armada" topic under Nissan models would be a boon to forum dialogue. My thanks.
  • johnvjohnv Posts: 40
    Thanks for the notice!

-j (TH Developer)
    Tomorrow, Nissan fires its broadside against the Big 3 with the unveiling of the Pathfinder Armada. Hope we get to see lots of pics, finally.
    The Nissan Titan threads also need to be indexed too.

Bob
  • bob64gtobob64gto Posts: 4
    Go to Nissanmotors.com to see pictures, specs and more. The vehicle looks great but the mileage ratings and cargo specs are missing. Was hoping for a little longer than the 206.9 length to increase the amount of cargo space behind the third seat.
  • I was expecting more like Nissan Patrol. I think this is the worst design Nissan has come up with it.It looks like two pieces added together. I guess I will wait for new redesign pathfinder. I hope Nissan doesn't damage their design like the toyota did for 4runner.