Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Armada

Comments

• crikeycrikey Posts: 1,038
    You can always get a power inverter for around $30. :)

If the Armada follows what Infiniti did with the FX, the Entertainment System would most likely be pre-wired. I'm not so sure about plug and play but a few FX owners were able to tap into the harness and connect their MP3 players or other sources.
    Thanks for the heads up.
  • Dealer in Dallas was Trophy Nissan, Since I live in Oklahoma and he asked me to buy it by Saturday (he said the GM was trying to boost truck sales), I told him I couldnt do it. So the deal didnt work out, I hope one of you can cash in on this fantastic deal!!! $1000 over invoice is one helluva deal!

"G Money"
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 40,129
    The way you linked to your new discussion, others going there wound up logged in as you. Not a good situation :-)

I removed your post about the new board - here's a safer link:

Nissan Pathfinder Armada Accessories

While we're housekeeping, we may as well rename this discussion to keep everything consistent.

Steve, Host

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• I purchased an Armada on 10/06...SE 4x2...

I too hear the "resonance". It seems to occur between 1600 and 1900 RPM, regardless of speed. It also seems to be a bit more pronounced while the engine is still getting up to running temp.

I believe (I'm no mechanic) that is has to do with the exhaust system. I'm of the opinion that the exhaust system, in order to produce class leading power numbers, has been tuned so that the result is this low resonance heard during the above RPM's...just my .02

While not a huge problem, if they ever adjust the exhaust systems in the future (provided that's the issue) I will have mine changed...
  • hsfordhsford Posts: 14
    Sorry about the bad link, I appreciate you correcting that for me.
  • I stopped by my local Nissan dealer to have a look-see as we're in the market for a larger SUV (towing, mini-van replacement).

The one they had was an LE 4x4 with the upgrade package and the gray interior.

I must admit the gray interior is a bit bland - not much visual interest at all. Hopefully the other interior colors are a bit better. I also agree that the interior feels 'cheap' especially in how the bins open, the movement of the climate controls. I think some would call them 'buttery' in their operation and might like them.

I also felt the Strap to flip up the rear seat cushion was something that could break pretty easily.

I was impressed with the relative ease of access to the third seat, but less so with the headroom back there (I'm 5'9").

I was disappointed that the center seat in the second row lacks the LATCH tethers for car seats. If you have two car seats with the second row bench their is now way for a person to enter the third row without removing a car seat. The two place second row would rectify that situation, but only if the center console is removable.

I also have to say, the non-split third row is the biggest disappointment - there's very little cargo room, and not being able to carry a combo of cargo and people is a drawback.

The Expedition corrects both of these last items, but the 'potential' for reliability issues makes it a question mark too.

Overall, it seems a very nice SUV. I'm just not sure I could look past the issues with the LATCH points and the third row.

Perhaps the QX-56 will solve that issue (granted for a lot more money).
  • To those that have seen the paint flaws on the Armada, what color(s) were you seeing them on? You may have already said, but I'm too lazy to go back and look. I'm personally choosing either the blue or the smoke color. Thanks.
  • bowke28bowke28 Posts: 2,185
    1st, there IS a latch anchor for the center 2nd row seat. its behind the seat at the base.

2nd, the center console when equipped with captains chairs IS fully removable, and takes all of about 10 seconds to do so.
  • rshershe Posts: 236
    Bowke28

I think they were referring to the lower anchor points, of which I'm pretty sure there are none in the middle row-middle seat. The floor anchor is just for the top strap.. I noticed the lack of these as well as I have 2 Britax car seats I need to put in the back. The one plus I noticed, if you put one seat on each side, there is so much leg room in the Armada that you can still have a passenger get by the carseat and sit between the seats.
    gotcha...no, the latch anchors are not ON the middle portion. you are supposed to use the inside ones from the outer seats, just like in a sedan. sedan back seats only have 4 lower anchors too. you can latch more than one tether to each anchor.
  • I didn't realize you could use the outer ones for the middle seat. Never occurred to me. Just goes to show you learn something new everyday.

Now, if we could do something about that third row......hello, Mr. Lumberjack, can I borrow your chainsaw? :-)
    Unless this has changed I heard that is only OK if you have only 1 seat.. Check and make sure, but I have been told by the fire department (that's who does our installs around here) that there can only be one tether per anchor..You can't have the center and outbound seat share an anchor..Not sure if I can post this or not, but here is a safety website that says it is a no-no as well...

http://www.car-safety.org/latch.html

If this shouldn't be posted.. Just let me know and I will remove, but it is s non-profit co. so it is not selling anything.
    If the distance between anchors is too wide for the car seat manufacturer's specification, the Outer LATCH anchors cannot be used by a center-placed car seat. See the car seat manufacturer's requirement regarding this. From that link provided by rshe:

5Q. Why aren't LATCH lower anchors provided for the rear center seat?

A. Two pairs of LATCH lower anchors are required in the back seat of vehicles manufactured after September 1, 2002, and those anchors are required to be a specified distance apart for safety protection in a crash. Because of this required spacing between the lower anchorages, most vehicles do not have a rear seat that is wide enough to accommodate anchorages in the center seating position and in an adjacent outboard position. While lower anchorages are typically installed at outboard seating positions, most vehicles that have a center rear seating position without lower anchors also provide a top tether for additional safety benefit.

6Q. Can I use the two inboard lower anchors (of the outboard LATCH seating positions) to install my child seat in the rear center seating position?

A. No, unless both the child restraint manufacturer's instructions and the vehicle owner's manual specifically state that this is acceptable. A child restraint can be installed using the rear-center seat belt and, if forward-facing, the top tether anchor.

Vehicle manufacturers are only required to have 2 pairs of LATCH anchors. So, guess what, they only comply, not go above and beyond. I think that a vehicle with the width of an Armada should be able to accomodate a pair or anchor points for a middle seat. But, it's not mandated so why bother?
  • clpurnellclpurnell Posts: 1,087
    I see you have made your way over welcome. Not considering trading that FX are you??
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 40,129
    It looks y'all have about covered it, but there may be some more links of interest in the Child Seats That Fit discussion.

Steve, Host

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Just curious, with all of the new Armada owners on this group-how come no one has done a consumer rating? All that is on there is the editors rating. I'll be sure to do one, once I actually get mine..

PS-Pfarmada, I'd like to see yours it should be interesting.
  • I live in the Denver area and today I was noticing that most of the dealers within a 100 mile radius of me each have 4 or 5 Armadas in their inventory according to the Nissan dealer search, yesterday it was 2 or 3. When I got home from work today I had a call from the dealer I took a test drive with last Saturday telling me that in a meeting they had this morning, they were going to offer $1500.00 off any Armada on the lot to people who had come in and test driven an Armada.
    I never talked price with the sales person, but after seeing that this dealer still has not sold a single one of the original Armada's they had received and that most of the Denver area Nissan dealers have 4 or 5 sitting on their lot not moving, they are trying to get some Armada's sold. I still think $1500.00 off of MSRP is too much on this new of a vehicle, so I am thinking of calling her tomorrow and offering $500.00 over invoice and seeing what kind of response I get. If they accept it I will make the purchase.

The reality is they are willing to deal on the Armada, at least in the Denver area, and I didn't even have to do the work.
  • I've been looking for an Armada LE 4x2 with second row bench for 2 weeks. My local dealer here in Atlanta has found one in another state but won't make a deal with me unless I pay $2500 over invoice.... Any ideas where I can find an LE 4x2 with 2nd Row Bench?
  • Anybody seen, felt, touched the "steel/titanium" interior? What's it like? Also, does anyone know when the bench seat will be available in the LE? I haven't been able to locate one in the US. Thanks. Justin
    the armada's manual says that using the outer anchors for a center-mounted seat is ok as long as its ok with the seat manufacturers. im wondering why this is that big of an issue, since no sedans have the center anchors either. my solution would be to get the captains chairs and keep the console out.
    Not yet, sir. We're having way too much fun with the FX. :)
    My reason for not going that route is; I have two big carseats and we typically take my mother in law on vacation with us. If we go the captains chair route, we have no storage capability, since we would have to keep the 3rd row seat up. If the rear seat was a split fold down I might have considered the captains chairs. Last year we rented an Expedition and had the entire back filled (3rd row folded down) and a car top carrier. So you can see my problem--I have a wife who likes to take everything but the kitchen sink on vacation.
    put the car seats on the outsides. the space between the 1st and 2nd rows is still more than enough to slide through to the middle seat.

also, check your carseats instructions and see if they allow for doubling up on the anchors.
  • andy85andy85 Posts: 1
    I have a 2000 PF LE and am seriously considering the Armada. I have test driven the LE with the entertainment package a couple of times and really enjoyed it. It feels like a giant compared to my 2000 PF. As a newbie to this site, I appreciate the discussion...and, as a result, knew way more about the Armada than the salesman I was dealing with ! Thank you.

I was, however, very disppointed to learn that the only way climate control is available is with the LE and Navigation Package. I really like the LE but don't need nor want the navigation package. I would have thought like my 2000 PF LE, that climate control is a standard feature with a premium model like the LE. Any thoughts on this ?

Also, are there any Canadian $$ dealer invoice costs on this site ?

Look forward to new information.
    Unless I am mistaken the reason it is tied to the NAV package, is because the bottom of the nav screen is where the set temp and actual temp are displayed...Otherwise they would have to install a separate screen just for climate control....Bowke28 could confirm this...

Bowke28--I think you misunderstood my response... I just wouldn't have enough cargo space to take the 5 of us if I had to have the 3rd row seat in the upright position. As it is I will probably have barely enough. Contemplated the Suburban, but no side curtain air bags--which my wife said was a must.
    thats accurate...there is nowhere to display the climate control readout without a screen on top.

rshe...my suggestion was that your mother-in-law could slide in past the outer car seat to sit in the middle, and have immediate access to both of her "beautiful grandbabies" ;-) this would also allow the 3rd row to be folded down.

if side-curtains are a must, according to your wife (which i think automatically makes it a must...lol.), then you may HAVE TO get the armada, since its the only one that has them standard.
    Sorry, I misunderstood your response.. Your right and that is what I will most probably do.. Ordered my Armada last week-- LE 4x4 with Tech and DVD. Would love to have gotten XM, but not available yet. I guess I will just add it aftermarket. Can't wait for it to get here.

I find it funny though that Nissan has had this vehicle out for a few weeks now and not a single dealership has a brochure for it yet???
    you are right. i just got my 1st one, but they sent only 15 of them...enough for everyone to have 1.

by the way...where did you get yours? i have a customer looking for one like yours in smoke/graphite, and we cant find one.
    I ordered mine... Won't be in untill after Christmas...

I did notice one (just like I ordered) when I did an inventory search, that was up in PA...Sent the dealer an e-mail, but they didn't respond... Probably sold it already.

I didn't mind ordering mine--I wanted the guys in Mississippi to get a few more months under their belt.. Maybe work out some of the kinks we are seeing on this site.