Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Armada

Comments

• wilson32wilson32 Member Posts: 2
    I am wanting to purchase an Armada but would like to wait until the resonance issue is corrected? Does anyone know if Nissan is working to correct this issue and, if so, when the "corrected" Armada's will roll out of production? I love the way this car looks and the power is awesome. Are there other major issues to be looking out for?
  • dklaneckydklanecky Member Posts: 559
    The reason the readings don't work when your not moving is that there are batteries inside the transmitters whose life would be severely limited if they were "live" all the time.

They have a motion sensor that wakes them up when the vehicle starts to move and then they begin to measure and transmit their findings.

The sequence of the tires on the NAV display starts out making sense but as soon as you rotate your tires the first time, you lose the logic.

The dealer can re register each transmitter to the screen so that they show up in the same sequence everytime after a rotation but they'll charge you for that service and no ones been brave enough to ask how much yet!

I figure knowing that one is slightly lower or higher than another one is close enough for me. If I get a serious low reading, I'm pretty confident I'll be able to tell which one it is visually.
  • tiggerguytiggerguy Member Posts: 76
    I had a Draw Tite myself and It seemed everyone I knew who had a sway control was using them. I always go on the overkill as far as equipment. Mine was adjusted with chains, they usually have plenty of room for adjustment to fit your tongue weight needs. If you put too much tension on, the rear of the tow vehicle will get too light. Best to have a reputable place adjust it for you, if you install it yourself, a good marina can help you find the right adjustments too. Trust me, if you never towed with one of these, you will wonder how you ever went without it. RE: the Chevy 454.....if only they still came that way...It was always my vehicle of choice too...but, alas, if you want a good one, buy an old warhorse and get a good rebuild, It will last you a lot longer than the new garbage they peddle.
  • rctennis3811rctennis3811 Member Posts: 1,031
    Selling so fast already? Why?
  • jomijomi Member Posts: 20
    Thanks for all the information. I guess it there is a problem you check all the tires anyway. "NV32" - there is nothing in the manual on this. It seems like a number of functions that come with the NAV are not very well documented in the manual. The user's manual and the NAV manual even refer you back to each other on some features (bottom line is neither covers it in detail).
  • nv32nv32 Member Posts: 35
    jomi... Not in the manual? I'm both surprised and not surprised. I worked as a translator in Japan for the manuals for two makers, Mitsubishi and Mazda, for almost 30 years, mostly the shop manuals used in the service department, but occasionally for the operation manuals that come with the vehicles. The problems that I found with the way they prepared these manuals were many, but mainly they fell into (1) apparent indecision about whether to include new features, and/or keeping new features secret until the last minute, (2) the people who wrote the Japanese for me to translate were not fully briefed on the feature and couldn't answer questions about it --- and did NOT want to be asked, for this would expose their lack of knowledge about it, (3) apparent lack of coordination between those who oversaw the shop manuals, those who oversaw advertising materials, and those in charge of the customer manuals, and of course this is compounded when there are two manuals for the customer, such as the nav manual and the operation manual in this case, which were probably prepared separately, and without coordination by Nissan and Xanavi. Despite all this, however, they did and do build great cars.
  • shark715shark715 Member Posts: 382
    The March issue of Consumer Reports tested several large SUV's including the Armada. It achieved a relatively high score (handily outscoring the Sequoia, Tahoe, and Expedition), but I'm concerned about some of the negative comments here and by Consumer Reports. I've been spoiled by the several Japanese vehicles I've owned including 2 Accords, a RX7, and an '01 Pathfinder, and I've been thinking about a new Armada, but I've become increasingly concerned. Consumer Reports mentioned the "insubstantial interior trim", but of much more concern is the "squeaks and rattles from the interior trim growing tiresome". This is so "un-Japanese" like. My '01 Pathfinder has 70K miles with no squeaks and rattles at all. Are the problems because the build quality is not as good in Mississippi as in Japan? I had an '81 Accord that was assembled in Japan, and a '90 Accord that was assembled in Ohio, and while both cars were excellent, the '81 had the build quality of a Mercedes and the '90 did not. Are the problems because the Armada was rushed to production? I read somewhere that Nissan is proud of the fact that in an unheard amount of short time they were able to gear up the Mississippi factory to start producing Armadas. Are we seeing the results of corners being cut? I'm afraid to buy one right now...I think I'm going to sit on the sidelines and see what happens. The resonance issue sounds like a major design blunder, not a build quality problem, the latter which is much easier and quicker to resolve.
  • twinbladesztwinbladesz Member Posts: 104
    The recent Car Driver the Armada had the noisest cabin of the 5 trucks (Durango Sequioa, Expedition and Tahoe)compared.
  • jake696jake696 Member Posts: 111
    The Armada got dinged by Consumer Reports for ride, gas mileage, visibility, engine noise, turning radius and squeeks and rattles, in the latest report. (March) 13 mpg's overall...wonder how the Titan will do when the annual auto issue comes out in April? Has Nissan let the UAW into the plant that builds these vehicles? That could explain a lot!
  • gkatz1gkatz1 Member Posts: 296
    If you read the latest issue of MotorTrend they seem to reach the same consensus and even reference the resonance issue (though they don't call it that). The Armada was, by far the noisiest of the bunch. They also repeatedly complained of poor interior materials, squeaks, and rattles. In addition, it had the worst ride. They did, however, praise the drivetrain. Order of finish - 1. Durango 2. Sequoia 3. Armada 4. Expedition 5. Tahoe
    That was the Motor Trend Article I was mentioning. C/D did a comparosine of the Pickups. Yeah the Armada MT had was squeaking and a rattling lol.
  • blackfin1blackfin1 Member Posts: 3
    In my search for a towing vehicle I drove the Suburban 2500 LT. Drove the 6000 and 8100. In spite of what I was expecting, I found the interior of the burb to be much nicer than the Armada. The 6L engine seemed more powerful than the Armada 5.6 and the 8.1 blows the Armada away. Of course, cargo area on the burb blows the armada away also. The ride was great on the burb with the autoride suspension. I have never owned an american vehicle (3 toyotas, 1 acura) and said that I never would. But I have to say that I was impressed with the burb.
       Towed the boat to the trailer shop with my Sequoia to get surge brakes put on the trailer. I feel that Sequoia struggles with a 5000-5500 lb trailer (25-26 ft). I'll probably get an equal-i-zer weight distribution/sway control system also. It works with surge brakes. Might be overkill but I want maximum safety.
       A friend has a 2500 LT burb with 8100. I'm going to pick up the trailer with his burb when work is done. If it tows to my expectations, I'll probably trade in the Sequoia for a burb. This will be my GM experiment. Extended warranty anyone?
  • sbbsbb Member Posts: 10
    Can someone elaborate on how the power rear liftgate works? Is it a button on the key fob? Does it completely open the gate? Does it completely close it also with no human assistance?
    The power liftgate works all by itself with the touch of the button on the key fob, or on the dash switch. It closes the same way, there is also a switch right inside the opening to close it as well. This is probably still my favorite toy on this thing and the first thing I do to show it off. It is also rigged to reverse itself if there is an obstruction.
  • sub9904sub9904 Member Posts: 72
    You tow that much w/out any brakes on the trailer? Plus you tow with a "light" vehicle? Man you ought to go to Vegas because you are lucky you haven't been in a wreck. I bet that boat pushes you when coming to a stop. Had my trailer breaks go out so I know what it feels like. I can't believe that the boat dealer would sell you a boat that heavy w/out brakes on the trailer!

Autoride shocks are very expensive to replace if you go that route from what I've heard. Something like 800 bucks plus! Check into it before you buy.

So you thought the 6.0L was better? Kind of surprising. It does have more hp but less torque if I remember right. I haven't driven one but will have to now. I did think the 1500 was both quieter and smoother than the Armada. Matter of fact I was disappointed in the ride quality of the Armada. However, coming from a 2500 it didn't really bother me since it's no worse. Maybe I should just keep the ole 454 and get a second putt around town small car.
  • rshershe Member Posts: 236
    My Armada came with the tires inflated to 42psi from the dealer/factory... I lowered them to the recommeded 35psi and the ride was noticably better..

Another thing, I checked under the hood an the oil dipstick was sticking out about an inch...Quality assurance or the dealership didn't catch it..

Has anyone noticed that the ATF dipstick is bolted in place. Are you supposed to have to get out a wrench to to add/change ATF fluid??
  • hbtmdhbtmd Member Posts: 3
    I recently test drove a 2004 Armada. I loved the power, styling and many nifty features. I was ready to buy it until the test drive when we we went over some freeway pavement with grooves cut in it (presumably to channel away water). Suddenly there was an air resonance/vibration that was very unfomfortable to the ears for everyone in the vehicle. The salesman swore he had never experienced anything like this before in any Armada. He was going to have the shop repair it and get back to me. I have not heard back from him. I drove over the same freeway area in my 2000 Landcruiser. No Problems at all.

This unexpected problem killed the deal. I wonder if this is a problem on all Armadas or just the one I drove.

Regards / Howard
  • jabcpajabcpa Member Posts: 11
    No - I have the same problem. Over any bump, the cabin pressure changes and my ears hurt/pop. Similar feeling to riding a plane. On smooth roads, no problem, but even minor bumps and it happens. Supposedly there was a TSB coming out to address this but wondering if that was for real. Caveat emptor before buying. Make sure you run it over some bumps. What a bummer. As a comparison, I ride my old '98 Durango over the same roads with no problem. It is NOT engine or exhaust noise, definitely a pressure thing. I think some people are more sensitive than others.
  • dboogiedboogie Member Posts: 71
    I test drove 5 Armadas before I test drove and bought my LE. All the models I drove were LE's, some with sunroofs some without. Some had Goodyear tires, some had Continental tires. NONE of the vehicles I drove, including mine, had the resonance problem. I drove each of them over bumpy roads and smooth roads.....no resonance. I've had my LE almost 3 weeks now and have driven it a little more than 500 miles and so far i still haven't noticed the problem. If you REALLY like the vehicle (like i do) I'd say go back and test drive one paying close attention for the noise. If you don't hear it, go ahead and get THAT PARTICULAR ONE!!
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    The one I test drove did not have any issue with resonance, FWIW, and we did get on the highway.

I do agree with CR about the perceived durability of some of the interior plastics, though.

-juice
  • bchambers1bchambers1 Member Posts: 3
    Had test driven the PFA with no problems and went to the dealer to buy one. After test driving the one I wanted (LE w sunroof) on a windy/bumpy road, I could feel the pulsing pressure in my ears. It got so bad that when we got back to the dealer and began negotiating pricing, I still had a headache & upset stomach. Needless to say, I didn't buy. I may go back tommorrow and drive a different one.
  • bowke28bowke28 Member Posts: 2,185
    tomorrow, try waiting on the jaegermeister till AFTER you go to the dealer. ;-)
    I really wish that they could explain why not ALL of them have the resonance- like many others, I drove several of these, I heard the resonance in one, so I DO know what everyone is feeling. Fortunately, the one I ended up with does NOT resonate. (LE, Sunroof,DVD, Continentals)Whether it will start for some reason or not, I do not know, but at this time, with 2000 miles on it (a LOT of it highway) there has been NO resonance. I DO feel that the roof vibrates WAY too much coming through the car wash dryer blowers, but otherwise, no resonance. Hopefully they can get to the bottom of this, seems like the press are all getting ones that do resonate, making horrible PR for the Armada. I would still not give mine up and go back to GM and their trash that literally falls apart. I would be curious to hear from others who have had their Armada for a while and if any resonance is appearing, or if they are still resonance free. My advice for those lookin g, drive more than one, seems it's about a 50% chance you get a quiet one. MAYBE, just maybe, it's that darn "Pathfinder" emblem on the tailgate that's causing this...THAT'S why they are dropping the name for 2005! =o)
  • scott174scott174 Member Posts: 74
    Well after 2 months of talking to Nissan about the resonance issue and their Dealers inability to correct it I found an answer. I found a Dealer that has corrected 5 Armadas!! He stated that due to "ineffective spot welds on the roof cross members" some cars experience roof flutter/resonance. The service advisor I spoke to said that Nissan does NOT provide a loaner car during the fix and that it may take 3-5 days. He said it is a very involved process which the Dealer takes the head liner down, sends the car out to a body shop to adhere the roof bows with "bonding agent". Well I hope that this clears up some of the confusing info that you might have heard.
  • blockislandguyblockislandguy Member Posts: 336
    How successful would someone be if they wanted to order just an LE without any of the options (don't really need a passenger power seat; the sun roof isn't worth $1600 to me; I can pull the tailgate down OK when I come out of the gym; Don't need NAV for my daily commute; I like to listen to Imus on a Boston station not sattelite sound or whatever, etc.)? Or, would Nissan make it real difficult to get what I want?

FWIW, I think the interior layout is miles ahead of the GM versions.
  • warmsodawarmsoda Member Posts: 9
    My wife drives on of these pa things - I was following behind to the left and when I looked at the car it looked like a small 2 door suv - the rounded body color part of the fenders and the missing rear door handle and the big tires made it look small. To the post about the burb - been there done that - it stinks and to say that a 6.0 has more hp than a 5.6 is no revelation! I dont know what this interior stuff is all about - The armada is very recreational and one needs not to worry about soda stains on the fake wood grain or socalled full leather interior???
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    Thanks for that info!

tidester, host
  • chasmanz28chasmanz28 Member Posts: 109
    scott did you talk to george, or did you find out what ive been saying for how long now from somebody else, my dealership gave me a rental its been over a week and they still have it, should be done anyday now
    I know the VIN ID Plate of an automobile is its "fingerprint", but I was just wondering if anyone can decode/breakdown what each number represents for Nissan automobiles. I've searched and searched but can't find anything that breaks the numbers out. Thanks in advance!
    for all vehicles:

1st character=where built
    2nd character=manufacturer
    3rd-9th=model/powertrain/color (i dont know which is which)
    10th=year
    11th=model run (2003,2003 1/2, 2003 5/16)
    12th-17th=serial # (the actual # of the car)

with nissan, the 2nd is always 'N'
    with the armada, the 1st is always '5' for mississippi/alabama. (honda pilots and odysseys arte 5 also)
    thanks for the breakdown Bowke. My 11th character is the letter "N"....when you say it equates to the "model run" I'm not sure I follow what that means. Could you clarify that a little for me. *To me*, model run means year of production....am I incorrect in my thinking?
  • sub9904sub9904 Member Posts: 72
    Been there done what with a burb? Done what exactly? You must be referring to Blackfins post about the 6.0L feeling more powerful than the 5.6L correct? As I stated I believe the 5.6L has more torque than the 6.0L and at a lower power band. The Suburban 6.0L may have higher hp but it's also a bigger (heavier) vehicle than the Armada. So you wouldn't necessarily think 20hp more would make that much of a difference. Personally his observation surprised me but I doubt I'll buy another GM product. You know the old saying. Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me.
  • waynebrucewaynebruce Member Posts: 16
    Have had my SE with sunroof for a few weeks. Have driven the truck upto 95mph on freeway and have not had any resonance issues to date. I do know that it is a real problem as I had driven an SE without sunroof and it did have a resonance issue around 60mph.

For those looking for a base LE, might want to consider the SE with Journey and tow package. You pick up a sunroof (SE with Journey+tow) while giving up heated seats, all chrome grill, fog lights, puddle lamps, power rear flip out windows, footwell lights, memory seats and driver's side entry/exit system. The invoice on the SE+Journey and tow is $37,460 vs $37,562 for base LE. So the price is about the same and you get a sunroof instead of all the other "minor" options that come with the LE. A good trade off in my opinion!! Below is link to Nissan site comparing the SE and LE.

http://www.nissanusa.com/vehicles/ModelSpecifications/0,,30846||,- 00.html?displayAll#topOfPage
    post or email your VIN to me, and i will decode as much as i can for you.
    Many LE Armadas I see are base Matter of fact Many of the models I;ve looked at have been base in all 3 trims.
    Someone found a link for me that breaks the VIN out. Its a little out dated as it doesn't include info for Nissan automobiles made after 2003. Here is the url.
    http://www.courtesyparts.com/specs/vin.html

I appreciate your willingness to help me!!
  • wilson32wilson32 Member Posts: 2
    I was told by a Nissan dealer that the Armada's coming off the line after February 1st would have the resonance issue corrected? Has anyone else been told this?

As far as the squeaks and rattles, when did they start for you guys and is it isolated in one area or in many different spots?
  • carzarcarzar Member Posts: 5
    Having convinced Ford to buy back my '03 Expedition (more about that in another post) I am considering an Armada. I couldn't motivate my local dealer(s) enough to get the scoop on when sat radio will be available for order so I tried a few random e-mails to other dealers across the country. An Atlanta dealer responded that they were able specify sat radio for March production Armadas. Hurray! - one obstacle out of the way - if it is indeed the norm in my area. Now if only I could get the same informative info regarding roof resonance as wilson32 in post 1711 or scott 174 in post 1698.
    wilson, i didn't have a resonance issue but i did have a rattle that i got resolved yesterday. I pinpointed a rattle that was coming from the second row passenger seat on the drivers side. It would do it only when that seat was in the upright position. I took it to the dealer and they found that after repeated lifting and lowering of the seat, the latch thats attached to the seat bottom, had cut through the "tubing or coating" thats applied to one of the metal hooks on the floor. The metal to metal contact from the latch and the newly exposed metal hook is what was causing the rattle.
    To "fix" it, they put a 1/2 inch rubber tubing around the hooks. I say "fix" because the service guy told me that with repeated lifting and lowering of the seat, the new tubing was probably gonna wear out and the rattle may come back. he said something more durable and harder than the tubing is needed to withstand the "Up/Down" removal of the seat latch onto the hook. He said he looked to see if perhaps there was a TSB out for it, but found none. He also said he would continue to look for something more durable than the tubing he used to resolve the rattle and when he did he would let me know. The guy has a great reputation for working with folks to solve their problems, so i do believe him when i he said he'll continue researching for a better solution.
    The rattle which was a little annoying is now gone, so I'm happy from that stand point. Once I get I permanent fix I'll be 100% happy.
    That has been the ONLY squeek/rattle that I've heard in the 600 miles i've had the PFA.
    Whew...sorry for the long post.
  • dianendanadianendana Member Posts: 1
    Hi Armada people
    Sorry if this is a repeat issue of somewhere amidst 1700+ postings...as we were programming our Armada NAV system, the 'PREV' button stuck in the depressed position. Has anyone had this problem and how can we fix it ourselves without violating any warranty issue. Or, are we destined to consume the time and energy involved in dealing with dealership service for a little button-pop? And while we haven't had the 'resonance problem' as described to be painful to the ears/head, we have had the shaking headliner problem. BTW, we are loving this beast! These are the ONLY problems with it to date and we've put nearly 500 miles on it, highway and city, rough roads included.
    This is a terrific resource, thanks!
  • charfarrowcharfarrow Member Posts: 8
    Drove another 2oo miles (total now 1000 or so) on the highway. Resonance issue came up about 60 miles or so into the trip and then would go away and then come back. I cannot figure out what may cause it to start or stop. However, below 55 MPH I never hear it. Once as a test, when I heard the resonance start, I accelerated. At 90mph and above (straight, dry, daylight interstate) it stopped and was quiet, but when I dropped back down to 80s and below it started back up. Still love my truck, but the resonance is definitely awful. I hope a real fix, that is verified and known is available soon!
  • dklaneckydklanecky Member Posts: 559
    VIN #, How to Read it.

1st digit is where vehicle is built, 1,4,5=USA, 2=Canada, 3=Mexico, Puerto Rico or Costa Rico, 6=Australia, 9=Brazil, J=Japan, K=South Korea, L=Tawain, S=United Kingdom, V=France or Yugoslavia, W=Germany, Y=Sweeden, Z=Italy.

2nd and 3rd characters indicate specific manufacturer.

4th through 8th characters are a portrait of the specific vehicle, Brand, Body Style, Engine Size & Type, etc.

9th character is a security code that identifies the VIN as being authorized by the manufacturer. Law enforcement can determine if a VIN is authentic or not from this character on a specific vehicle.

10th character is the model year of the car. 1980=A, H=1987, J=1988, N=1992, P=1993, T=1996, V=1997, through Y=2000. Then 1 = 2001 and so on. There are no I, O, U, or Z years.

11th character is the specific plant which assembled the vehicle. Each manufacturer uses different codes to identify their plants.

12th-17th characters are the serial number of the specific vehicle. Not all companies start at #000001, practices vary among manufacturers.
  • blockislandguyblockislandguy Member Posts: 336
    Waynebruce, thanks for suggesting that rather than look for a base LE someone could purchase an SE with the Journey and Tow package for the roughly the same price. The trade offs would be a puddle lamp and some chrome vs. a free sun roof in the SE. Looks like a no brainer. But lets check the catalog.

The PA catalog is impossible to read because it is poorly written, illogical options are bundled together and it wasn't proof read. Examples: I liked the above idea of the free sunroof with the base SE but I wanted to look at the Tow Package I would have to order to
    ensure compatible pricing with the base LE.

OK, they discuss the tow package and mention a "lower final gear ratio" of 3.357 X 1. Thinking that this isn't really a "lower" ratio, indeed most low ratios are 4:1 and lower, I looked for what the standard final ratio is. Sorry, sports fan, no where in the catalog does it list a standard ratio. If the trailer tow ratio is "lower" at 3.357:1 , what can the standard ratio be? A very unsatisfactory 3:1?

Leather. One thing waynebruce didn't mention was that to a match up an SE with a base LE you have to add leather. No problem. Lets look for leather on the option list. If I want to put my 59 year old butt on leather, Nissan expects me to order the SE "leather package" which includes leather, 6 way power passenger seat, side impact bags and, get this, a Bose sterio for my middle age ears! All for leather.

Wait! I found an error in the above! The SE "Sunroof" package includes ALL of the above, leather, passenger seat, bags, Bose, AND a sunroof. So, just to get a roof, a customer has to take two other packages: the Leather/air bag/adjustable seat package and the Bose package. IBM could take a lesson from Nissan on bundling.

OK, wayenbruce IS right. But the darn catalog doesn't make for concise reading. In Nissan's case this may be more important than you might think. After their years in the wilderness, Nissan dealers lack the dedicated sales staff with lots of experience under their belts that the other lines have. Sure, Nissan is now red hot, but the dealer org hasn't kept up. In New England, it is hard to think of any Nissan dealer with a physical plant that is comparable to competitive dealers.
  • cericceric Member Posts: 1,092
    Standard final drive ratio = 2.937

Manufacturers try to bundle options into packages in order to
    (1) reduce inventory (less garden variety)
    (2) simplify production line
    (3) reduce product cost due to (2)
    Honda is very good at this. Nissan is not there yet. Not that I like it, but it may be less scary for majority of people shopping for their vehicles.
  • rparnellrparnell Member Posts: 27
    I have just bought an LE 4x4, no sunroof - after lots of soul searching regarding resonance. I think I have a good one - no resonance yet. The car is great - the powertrain is just so smooth, and I just love the character of the car. You either love it or hate it, but it least it doesn't just fade into the background in mediocrity.

I am considering getting a pre-paid service plan - probably schedule 2 - the lowest cost. Has anybody signed up for this, and what did it cost? I am trying to find out out if there are discounts available from different dealers. I know there were for my Jeep, but don't know if Nissan are the same.

Many thanks
    Richard
  • waynebrucewaynebruce Member Posts: 16
    Blockislandguy: I agree that the catalog is confusing. I posted the link to nissan site to see the differences between above two choices, and even that was not the easiest to read!! I must admit that i stumbled into the SE w/Journey and tow...it was the only truck that my dealer had in the color combo I wanted. After checking the site I realized that it was indeed a good combo, as I really didn't care for all the other little options offered in the LE and the sunroof would be nice. Also, I remember reading that any resonance issue was much more likely in Armada's WITHOUT the sunroof, so this also made me want the sunroof more, as I really did not want the dealer to have tear down the liner to fix the problem. So for those considering an Armada, I think that this combo makes sense.

As to final drive ratio, others may know more but I do believe the higher the ratio (ie 4:1 vs 3:1) the more "oomph" the car has when initially launching. This "oomph" is not free though, as it results in higher revs at highway speed and worse gas mileage. That said, the Armada does about 1600 rpm at 55mph....so I really don't think that the final gear ratio in the tow package trucks is too much to worry about!!

And finally an update on my Armada SE: while I've only put about 500 miles on it, two things are bugging me. First, there are a few rattles in the truck...will be taking it in to dealer next week to fix them. The other issue is the fan...it is noisy in the medium setting on the passenger side...as if something is fluttering in the vents. If you turn it all the way up, the fluttering noise goes away. Will ask dealer about this too.

Besides that, truck has been amazing!! Can't beat this powertrain...smooth as silk and "push you back in the seat" acceleration!! This is first year model, so I expected some rattles and other small glitches, but for now they nailed the most important things: powertrain and ride. Can't believe how much like a car it drives. Can fling it into a turn I don't get that sensation of a high center of gravity. Took her to the Lowes to return a large closet and really appreciated the size. Closet was 84 inches long and just fit with rear hatch shut. Can also fold down the passenger seat, so should be able to fit at least another couple of feet for long items. For all those on the fence, go drive one, and if you value driveability and powertrain, can't beat an Armada. And one last thing: let her warm up fully before judging the engine noise...she's gets much quieter when warm as opposed to cold!!!
  • chasmanz28chasmanz28 Member Posts: 109
    well got back my armada from the dealership yesterday and having waited almost 2 weeks for them to get done with the TSB nissan sent them about the resonance issue sadly the problem is still there, so i dont know how many of you are sending your armada's to get fix but it doesnt work, im very upset that not only do i still have the ear popping resonance but the inside is very badly damaged were they had to take apart the headliner and trim parts, just wanted to give feedback about my situation, sorry just had to vent because it sickens me to the core of what im now going through, ill let you guys know what the dealership and nissan will do next
    Does Nissan have an 800 # for customer service? If so, call and register a complaint. Keep very good records.

Hopefully you won't need them but if you do, you'll be prepared.

-juice
  • gkatz1gkatz1 Member Posts: 296
    If I were you I would start the legal process and either get a new one or look to a different make.
    http://autopedia.com/html/HotLinks_Lemon2.html

Most states require 3-4 visits for it to legally be considered a lemon. And it can take 2 years fighting in court to win.

Call it in, document the problem nicely, I think if you are patient and let them try to fix it, you're making a stronger case for yourself.

-juice