Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dodge Magnum

Comments

• dshueydshuey Posts: 10
    judescar...see message 1117
  • I ordered a 2006 RT on 2/27/05. The dealer says it is in a "Schedule Status", but not with a specific build date. So as ot not bother me dealer on a daily basis, is there a way to check an order number to see if there is any updated scheduling info.? Thanks.

newdodgeman
  • ike5ike5 Posts: 1
    You likely have water in your transfer case. I have experienced a vehicle with similar symptoms and that was the issue with it.
  • dll2k4dll2k4 Posts: 3
    Sure, Just call DC at 1-800-992-1997 with your VON or VIN. Select the customer - other options.
  • hardhawkhardhawk Posts: 702
    What are other Magnum RT owners running in their tires? The door label says 30 PSI but the tire sidewall says the max is much higher than that. Rides softer at 30 that with higher pressures. I ususally run at least 35 PSI in my other cars. I will appreciate everyone's comments.
  • shiposhipo Posts: 9,152
    What any given tires' max pressure is has nothing to do with what you should run on a day to day basis. My understanding is that the "Max Pressure" is simply half of the value of where the tire will either explode or blow itself off of the rim. Your goal for tire pressure should be to extend the life of the tires as long as possible (unless you are racing the car when an entirely different set of variables control tire pressure). Too much pressure and you wear out the center section of the tread too quickly, too little pressure and you wear out the shoulders.

In the end, you should probably start with the tire pressure recommended by the vehicle manufacturer (unless you are driving a Ford Exploder with Firestone tires that is).

Best Regards,
    Shipo
  • I have a Magnum RT hemi, 1,896 miles. Start cold, run for 45 seconds, turn off, re start in 30 minutes, oil smoke out exhaust, quite a bit actually. No smoking under the condition of initial cold start, or warm or hot starts after sitting. Has anyone had this problem and or a explanation?
  • jaki30jaki30 Posts: 73
    Local Dodge dealer is offering me a Magnum SXT w/Preferred Pkg, Comfort Seating,3.5 HO, Sunroof, 6 disc player. Car is a demo w/ 5,710 miles on it.
    MSRP 28,630. Manufactured May 2004.
    What is a good price for the car? They have offered 11k for my 00 Honda and the
    1K rebate. He wants 14,243 and my car plus tax,tags,document fee. Is this
    reasonable or should I locate a brand new one?
  • donnak1donnak1 Posts: 39
    Please buy a new one. If the demo has that many miles on it, who knows how it has been driven and by whom. Get the 06 and maybe all of the bugs will have been worked out ie right pull, etc. :lemon:
  • jaki30jaki30 Posts: 73
    I know what you are saying, but, they made me an offer I couldn't refuse.
    Bought the car for $26,243, minus $2k in rebates, plus they gave me
    $11.7k for my 00 Accord coupe. The car cost me 12.5k plus tax and license.
    I figure a brand new one would have cost me around 15k plus my car.
    So far, so good.
  • donnak1donnak1 Posts: 39
    Does it pull/drift to the right? Have you read all of the messages regarding all of the problems with this car? Do you mind spending most of your time in the service department? Do you want to get to know your state's lemon law? I sure hope you got lucky on your purchase. I personally, am trying to decide whether or not to go for the buy back.
    Good luck,
    Donna :lemon:
  • Thanks for this info. dll2k4. I called yesterday and was informed my car was shipped 4/7/05. woo-hoo! Though I have been well treated at my dealership and have no issues with them (let's hope that will continue after I receive my car) it will be interesting to see their reaction when I tell them this news. And wouldn't you know it will probably come in next week (I am assuming 2 weeks transit time to Boston area) while I will be in Calf. Murphy strikes again! Thanks all.

newdodgeman
  • Donna,

I thought the right drift was finally fixed on your car. Your last post sounds like you are still having a problem.

SeadooSandi
  • Can some of you RT hemi owners do a test for me and let me know the results?

Start car cold, completely cold.
    Idle for 30 seconds. Turn off.
    Wait 30 minutes and re start. See if oil smoke comes out the exhaust.
    They wait time can be a little more or less, but the run time must not get it warm or even close, so sta around 30 seconds.

Let me know Here or tlj@bendcable.com
  • Kirstie@EdmundsKirstie@Edmunds Posts: 10,676
    A reporter with a national magazine is on a series of articles with real people and their car buying experiences. The reporter is looking for people who have recently purchased a car and had an interesting car buying experience using non-traditional methods. Specfically, the reporter would like to speak with people who have purchased a Mustang, Chrysler 300, Dodge Magnum, a Mini Cooper hardtop or convertible or a hybrid vehicle of any make. If you fit what the reporter is looking for, please email the details of your car buying experience with your contact information to kholguin@edmunds.com by Friday, April 22, 2005.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• maw1982maw1982 Posts: 62
    I have an '05 RT and like the idea of having the express up front windows that the 05 300C and '06 magnum RT Conv Grp II models have. Anyone know how easy or involved it would be to enable that feature. WOuld it be as easy and swapping out the power window switches on the front doors or is it more involed and therefore not worthwhile?
  • fsmmcsifsmmcsi Posts: 792
    I just cancelled my order for a 2006 Magnum. I had ordered an SXT, as the RT rides too rough for my needs, but the SXT lacks too many features available on other cars. Also, I didn't like what I saw when I re-examined the side crash test results and noted the lack of side torso air bags. I will wait until the 2007 models are out (roughly one year from now) to make my choice.
  • Would you try this on your car and let me know what happens?
    Can some of you RT hemi owners do a test for me and let me know the results?

Start car cold, completely cold.
    Idle for 30 seconds. Turn off.
    Wait 30 minutes and re start. See if oil smoke comes out the exhaust.
    They wait time can be a little more or less, but the run time must not get it warm or even close, so sta around 30 seconds.

Let me know Here or tljbendcable.com
  • My father picked up his 2005 Magnum RT AWD tonight! It's Cool Vanilla with the light Greystone interior. Fully loaded. What a cool car. I totally have car envy now!
  • kowalskikowalski Posts: 94
    Current crash tests rate the Magnum and 300 5 stars.........
    I was sold..