Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Titan

Comments

• p100p100 Posts: 1,116
    My 95 V6 4X4 Nissan pickup gets about 17 MPG in combined driving. The mileage is generally the same (city or highway)because of low gearing. It drops down to dismal 12MPG when towing a 5000 lb trailer though. Plus the truck will not go very fast with a heavy trailer.

I like the compactness of the truck and since I do not tow trailers frequently, it does the job for me. I would definitely get a full size truck like Titan if I did more towing.
  • So you got bit too! Just wait until you have 22,000 mile like mine. Just to list a few problems: front end noise, rattles so numerous that I cannot count, trim breaking inside & out, paint flaking off of steering wheel radio control knobs, seats breaking, and etc. Tried to trade it in and was told that the best they could do was $22,000 on a $31,000 truck that I have had only 8 months. The reason being is the word is out that the Titans and the Armada's are lemon's. I AGREE WITH BOBBY DO NOT BUY ANY PRODUCTS THAT COME FROM THE CANTAN, MISSISSIPPI PLANT!!!!!!!!!!
  • I hope you bought a Frontier because I own a 2004 Titan CC LE and it's been in the shop going on 21 times in since I bought it new in April '04. Front end problems, trim breaking, squeaks, rattles, seats breaking, tranmission problems, and I can go on and on! Stick with the Frontier '05 with the new 4.0 L V-6. The old body style engine is underpowered and get bad MPG. Tommy
  • I have a Lemon titan and was wondering if I was the only one. I have contacted the BBB and began a lemon law complaint against Nissan North America for building such a hunk of junk. Seats breaking, seat belts not working properly or not at all, trim breaking, rattles, squeaks, paint chipping off steering wheel radio controls, front end problems, & etc. I tried to trade it today and was told that the best they could do was $22,000 for a $31,000 truck that is 8 months old. The salesman (who is a good friend) told me that the word is out that some production months produced a lower quality truck and mine fell into that time period. Someone please respond with any help!!

tarrington1978

Tallahassee, FL
  • Sadly I agree! My Nissan Titan (built in Cantan, MS) has been in the shop going on 21 times. Very sloppy workmanship on their part!
  • I feel your pain! I have a '04 LE 2X4 and has been in the shop going on 21 times. I also have the window problems and the front end problems. What did the dealership tell you about the front end problem? Mine told me that they "could not duplicate the problem" and dismissed it. You will also be disapointed when you get tired of fixing it and want to trade. A Chevy salesman friend of mine quoated $22,000 for a truck that was bought new in April for $31,000. He said in private that the word was out among dealers that the Titan's are going to be Lemon's therefore the low trade-in value! Sorry!!!
  • HELL YES...my man is goin to buy himself a Titan today. And I have to admit as much as I really pushed him for the Ram...the Titan is highly appealing outside as well as in. The roomy backseat, bench seat with optional console, optional manual driving (he's parting with a BMW 330 here...he needs to be broken in gently), all that extra sun visor stuff...blah blah...oh yeah and it has some "giddy up". AND FOR ALL THOSE TAILGATE MOLDING HATERS....you gotta REEALLY be looking for something to hate to have noticed that. Go pick on the hideous Avalanche.
  • dbauerdbauer Posts: 416
    ok...once is enough, man.

also, a CHEVY SALESMAN said $22k? first, salesmen do not buy vehicles, dealers do...ask his manager. also, ask the other 100k titan owners how many are disappointed. very few.

lastly, before you want to be taken seriously here, learn to spell the name of the vehicle you are bashing before you do it...goes to credibility.
  • akanglakangl Posts: 3,596
    Once is enough, we got what you had to say the FIRST time!!! I also own a Titan and while its not perfect, its a fairly good truck. Every car maker has problems, check out Chevy and the piston slap or Ford and the powerstroke problems, or Dodge and the transmission problems. Think its just a Nissan thing?? Try again!!!
  • boomer1bboomer1b Posts: 348
    Please remind Tarrington about YOUR 1st. Titan that was problematic and they bought back.

I am sure you could share how many times yours was in the shop for repairs again and again....
  • dadoftaydadoftay Posts: 136
    An opinion from someone looking to buy. I drove both the Frontier SE CC and Titan SE CC today and dbauer is right. The BIGBOY gets 14/19 and its little brother gets 15/20. Salesman said those were pretty correct numbers. Nissan tweaked the 4.0 for all its worth to get performance numbers up and that taxed the efficiency. Also, look at the stickers. Similar SE models were only $3,500 apart Titan to Frontier. Salesman said Nissan targets the Tacoma buyer who doesn't want the big truck (Tundra, Titan). Here's the killer. The build quality between the two was astounding. The Titan seemed a little loose, but when I drove the Frontier, it was tight as a drum. The Titans dash squeaked and there was a hum under the dash when the heat was on (not the fan). Is there a build quality difference because Nissan is trying to capture the full size pie and turning out Titans faster than they should? I guess I'm just bummed out because it seemed there was a distinct difference between the 2. It could have just been that truck and I'm not getting into the Bash the Titan group, I was just amazed at how much nicer the Frontier seemed. Just my 2cents.
  • boomer1bboomer1b Posts: 348
    Built in the same plant?
  • atlgaxtatlgaxt Posts: 487
    I think the Frontiers are coming out of Tennessee.
    frontier is out of smyrna, titan out of canton.
    I guess there are going to be problems with any manufacturer. I seem to be a little harder on Nissan due to the experience with my Wifes Murano. It seems the more we drive it the better it gets. I know you love what you love and maybe that's why I was so let down after driving the Titan. I have wanted one since they arrived.I guess you just have to cross your fingers and hope for the best.
    Sure it was problematic and yeah it was in the shop a LOT. Its gone and the new one is so far fairly good.
  • draymond2draymond2 Posts: 134
    I have had my kc 4x2 se model for a month. Paid 25k otd ($200 under invoice) msrp 28.4K thought is was a pretty good deal....

Currently has 1500 miles. Truck seems a whole lot bigger than my 98f150. Great looks, the new f150 didn't do anything for me. Plus I like to drive something that not everyone and their mother has. I live in Louisville. (Ford Country)..

A lot of power available, gas mileage respectable avg around 14mpg. Love the functionality of the back doors. Have some concern about the quality of the interior materials but I knew that before I purchased. No problems so far, hopefully mine was built after the bugs were worked out. A big step up from what I have been driving. (7yr old truck). will update in a couple of months...
    akangl, you said the first one was a bad seed but this one is so far fairly good. I hope that was just a unlucky truck. Like I said earlier, every manufacturer has problems. My neighbor laughed himself stupid when I bought my GMC cargo van. It was exactly what I needed and all I could afford at the time. He bought the almighty Honda Pilot and after several times in the shop for various (major) problems, he traded the Pilot on a YukonXL. Here we are 1 year later, I'm scared to buy a Titan and he's singing the praises of his GMC. Now, I'll do a 180 and buy a Sierra and the transmission will fall out on I-85 1 month after I own it! :) Maybe I'll just keep my crappy van.
    I think the later build date trucks are better. My first one was built January 6, 2004 (hubby's bday, maybe bad luck?? LOL), my second one was built August 24, 2004 (day before my bday) and its been a much better truck.

The quality difference was staggering, was like going from a Yugo to a BMW, no rattles or anything, just a solid truck. Its had 2 problems, both addressed in TSBs so easy fixes, other than that its been great. I wouldn't be afraid of a Titan, just know that they can be quirky and enjoy the truck.
  • now......if it only had any resale value whatsoever.....i just paid $22000 for a loaded crew cab with 7000 miles on it. good job nissan!

:)
  • no bashing brother....the trade in on them is crap....but if it's worth something to you, i know where you can buy one for $23000.
    might want to change your handle, then....
  • na....i sold him a real truck, took his on trade. ill keep the handle.
    I know your not making fun of a truck that stickers for 28K going for 22K used.? Have you seen the sticker on a new F150 or even worse the SilverSierra twins? Atlanta pulls that XLT crew for around 28-30K and year old models are in the low 20s but the GM duo is around 32 new an hits the low 20s as well. Nice job Ford/GM for losing all profit dollars on rebates and crashing your own resale value.
  • no, im making fun of a truck that stickers for 32700 trading in 4 months later at 22000....for the sake of comparing apples to apples, the same 4 month old 04 f150 lariat crew with 7000 miles on it would have a base sticker price of 33330 less a 4000 rebate with a net sticker price of 29330. clean book on the f150 would be 24500. so, in summary, if you bout one of each 4 months ago, and traded both in today, the f150 would have cost you 4730. the titan would have cost you 10700. assuming you bought them with no additional options at full sticker price. now tell me how wonderful the titan is.
  • atlgaxtatlgaxt Posts: 487
    I'm not sure I understand your point. The Titan that stickers for $32,700 can also be bought for a lot less than sticker, so the $10,700 "cost" of driving the Titan is a fake number, and your comparison is meaningless.

In any case, anyone who trades in a four month old vehicle to a car dealer should know that they are going to get raked over the coals by vultures. It is not a smart thing to do no matter what you are driving.
  • i wouldnt say its meaningless....the cost of the hypothetical f150 was also at sticker...if you want to use real numbers, the ford dealer is capable of moving a whole lot more on the price than a nissan dealer, so while the 10700 might be lower, the number on the ford would be even lower than that, making the difference between the two even greater. its just a fact of life. some vehicles are absolute crap at trade in time. the nissan titan is one of the worst. its worse than the dodge quad cab hemi, which is really saying something. it ranks right up there with the vw beetle, chrysler pt cruiser, it may even be as bad as a jaguar. thats just the way it is. and i sincerely hope you leased yours.
    a $32700 stickered titan would be a SE CC 4x4. first of all, learn your competition. this is not a loaded truck.

secondly, i deal with fords too, and a comparable supercrew XLT 4x4 stickers for over $35k.

dont come to the table without knowledge, sir. even an uneducated buyer can find the correct numbers on this very site.

oh, and the other thing...fords markup is almost an identical % as nissans.
  • ill give you the fact that i dont really know the exact markup on a nissan. the sticker price i used on the ford is real. lariat 4x2 with no additional options. if you deal with new nissans and fords, you know good and well the trade in situation on the nissan. im just saying, admit to its shortcommings, then post some messages about how it can outrun a dodge with a hemi or is better designed than the ford, or whatever your personal opinion is about it. just acknowlege that it dam sure isnt the end-all for trucks. it has some pretty major drawbacks. for me, the drawback is the resale value, because once someone actually buys one of these things, its gonna be one heckuva long time before they can get out of it.
    "once someone actually buys one of these things, its gonna be one heckuva long time before they can get out of it."

and this is different from the rest of the auto industry how???

you gave figures for 2 totally different trucks.

the truck you traded for had a sticker price of $32700, and you said it was a crew cab. that means that its either an SE 4x4 or an LE 4x2.

if you equip an F150 the same way (XLT 4x4 supercrew or lariat 4x2 supercrew), they sticker for over $35000 either way.

the 4x2 lariat that stickers for $33k is a supercab, in which case we need to compare it with a KING cab titan instead of a crew cab.

its called consistency. you are trying to spin this to the ford side.

dont get me wrong...i love fords, and i love the f150...but dealing with them both, the titan has a MUCH better resale value than the ford.

as soon as more hit the used car market, it will get even better.

ask terry over in the RWTIV board.