Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Titan

Comments

• eBay tends to be a good source for owners manuals.
  • Hi im looking into buying a pickup truck. Can someone tell me if Titan is the best all-around and does anyone know their safety ratings?

Highroller
  • miata007miata007 Posts: 129
    You can probably get a free online owner's manual at an nissan site. Do a search for Nissan and owner's manual. The site from Nissan is the one. I found my 97 Q45 there.
    Good luck!

• Does anyone know how to solve my problem? I have a 2004 SE Crew with the P265/70R18 tires. I have just over 9400 miles and have 2 replacement sets of tires (the Goodyear dealer said that they were out of round). I am still have problems keeping them balanced. The current set of tires has about 3500 miles and they have been balances twice. Neither the Goodyear or Nissan dealer can explain the problem. They just keep blaming the other!! Any suggestions would help. Do I just have a lemon?">
  • If your tires are Goodyear SR-A, they were rated as very poor by many people. The ratings for the tires can be viewed at www.tirerack.com , many people would trade these out because they wear out quickly. The tires also have other poor results such as handling, traction, etc. I would switch mine to Michelin Cross Terrain SUV tires (the only other better tires you can buy for the P265/70R18 tires).

High :)
  • just like any other truck would. Nothing special though, you deffinently have to be in four high to get in some snow.
  • I am looking for a pickup to tow a Hurricane deck boat. I have looked and test drove the Toyota Tacoma, Nissan Frontier and the Nissan Titan so far. I like the Titan but I remember the disaster (yes I am that old) of the aluminum block engines of the 1970s, especially the chevette. The aluminum blocks actually cracked. Has anyone information concerning the reliability of the aluminum block engine in the Titan?
  • dirkworkdirkwork Posts: 210
    Don't worry about the block, many newer vehicles are made with aluminum blocks - albeit with cast iron cylinder liners pressed in. Corvette, Viper, the new GM v8's, the new GM I-5 and I-6, Nissan's V6, etc etc. all have aluminum blocks. The one you should remember was the Vega, its motor had aluminum bores and the motors would wear out pretty fast. The Chevette came with a few different motors (even a deisel) but the I-4 cast iron job was in most of 'em. My old gilfriend had one, it was not a particularly good car but did the job, and the motor was decent. I doubt anyone cried when they sold their Chevette, assuming they were able to sell it!
  • Thanks for the update. I have narrowed my choices to the Titan, Tacoma, Tundra and the F150. Just don't know if the Tacoma V6 can handle towing a boat?
  • In my opinion I would go with the Titan or the F150. No Tacoma and no Tundra. Just the two i recommended. Pick one of the two whichever gives you a better deal. If you want torque and horsepower for hauling/towing go with Titan. If you want a hard, good chasis/body go with the F150.
    For a better comparison of the four vehicles that you just described, you can compare/contrast at http://www.automotive.com/2005/101/nissan/titan/base-crew-cab-pickup/314/compare/index.htm- l?strTrim1=|_PK_WC|RWD|V8&strYear2=2005&strMake2=Nissan|59&strModel2=Titan|1425&strTrim2=;- _PK_XC;RWD;V8|1;29;5;15&strYear3=2006&strMake3=Honda|32&strModel3=Ridgeline|1468&strTrim3=- RTL;_PK_WC;4WD;V6|1132;25;2;14

High :)
  • I have 2005 XE 4x2.(very stock) : I have driven 4600 miles: 16 MPG around town, 20-21 MPG at 75mph, 18-20 mpg pulling 2200 lb 16 ft Scamp trailer at 65 mph, 15mpg pulling 4000 lb boat over mountain passes(8500 ft) averaging 65 mph. All driving at 4500 ft or above. I drive like an old lady and only accasionally jump on it.
  • I have an ARE "Z" cap (topper) on my Titan CC.

Recently worked on Rally USA as timing control and had to drive in and out from Grand Canyon West, over 50 miles of baaad road. Hanging dust from vehicles so thick that another vehicle 5 minutes later still had limited visibilty.

When I opened the lift gate later I found everything covered in a layer of dust. :mad: (Grand Canyon must be at least 2" deeper now!) Most seems to have entered from the sides and bottom of the tailgate.

:confuse: Anybody got a good solution for sealing the tailgate and bed drains for dusty road driving?
  • Simply out of curiosity, has anyone else received a notice from Nissan that starts out with this paragraph:

Nissan is committed to providing the highest levels of product quality and customer satisfaction. We know that towing a trailer may have been an important consideration in your vehicle's purchase. In new Titan, Armada, Pathfinder, Frontier, and Xterra vehicles, Nissan recently introduced enhanced electric circuitry which may further protect your vehicle from damage or fire caused by a short circuit wiring or mis-installation of trailer lighting or electrical accessories. This is to advise you that Nissan is making this production enhancement available to you free of charge so that you will have the same protection should you ever tow a trailer with a defective electrical system.
  • havent got mine... i have a nissan titan se without the tow package. Can i still get this?
  • akanglakangl Posts: 3,596
    Its a recall, no big deal, just go to the dealer and mention it. They will replace the part of the wiring that needs it and that's it. Mine was done before I even knew there was a recall on it, I had taken the truck in for something else and the dealer said there was a recall, they went ahead and fixed it. Just got done towing a Uhaul trailer 5000 miles with no trouble.
  • geo9geo9 Posts: 739
    Glad you made it safely. Fulton NY is hoping you
    have a great new year and everything works out for ya!
    Glad you made it safely. Fulton NY is hoping you
    have a great new year and everything works out for ya!

It was a long hard trip, the Titan was awesome. I think 2006 is going to be a great year!
  • adee13adee13 Posts: 1
    We just test drove their "NO Fear" model this weekend and it is sweet. Redlands Metro Nissan, in CA has two in their inventory. Hope this helps your search.

Good luck,
    Adrienne
  • I have a 04 LE 4x4 heavy tow,off road pkg. I got 32k on first set of 285-70-17 B F G`s with lots of hard, fast, towing. The problem is (GOODYEAR), there truck tires suck!Had a 98 GM 4x4 with those tires on it and it was a joke.Change to BFG`s or Michelin and your problem is solved!
  • What is the " NO FEAR" model about?
  • I have about 7000 miles on my 2005 CC LE 4x4 w/ BTP.

About 1000 miles back, I started to experience a rapid throttle pulsing when going downhill with cruise set at 60 to 70 mph. This only occurs when solo, not with TT in tow. It only seems to happen after at least 1/2 to 1 hour driving.

This is very rapid pulsing, on-off-on-off-on-off.... No noticable movement of the tach needle. Turn off CC and it stops. Turn CC back on and it starts again. So definitely linked to CC.

Booked today for second service at a stealership next week, and would like some ammo to fight the usual sluff-offs.

Anybody else had this problem and, if so, what was the cure?

Thanx
  • I cannot find an e-mail address for tech info, or any info for that matter, on the Nissan USA site. Nissan Canada does have an e-mail address on their site.

Does anyone have an address for Tech Info at Nissan USA?
  • I have an '05 Nissan Titan off road and was wondering if there was a steel front bumper replacement such as ranch hand or the body armor one that was made for or fit my Titan...anyone no of any?
    -Thanks
  • blink3blink3 Posts: 74
    Anyone taken a decent trip in their Titan and can give good HWY MPG ? Do you have Tow Pkg or Standard?

Thanks!
  • highrollerhighroller Posts: 351
    The best hwy mpg i've gotten is around 16.5 mpg on a 200 mile trip without a tow package using regular 87 octane gas of course.
  • diezeldiezel Posts: 1
    I have a completely loaded 04 (tow, 4x4, locking dif, all the goodies) and I get killer highway numbers. If I set the cruise, I've been getting 20 to 25. I use premium penzoil 10-30. maybe it helps. I love my truck like the day I bought (btw) ya ya had the break thing but they fixed it and its been fine for 8k. Funny thing is I have 20k on it now and it looks like I won't need breaks for 60k. so, in the long run, I think I saved $$.-D
    If I set the cruise, I've been getting 20 to 25. I use premium penzoil 10-30. maybe it helps.

I find those numbers hard to believe. I use Amsoil 0W-30 synthetic in my Titan (have since 10k miles) and now have just shy of 50k on the truck. The absolute BEST mileage I EVER got was 19.6 mpg with the cruise set. Normal hwy mileage with the cruise set hangs in the 16 mpg range. I've owned the truck for 17 months and fuel economy is NOT its best quality. Average fuel economy city and hwy is between 13-14 mpg. I have an 04 LE 4x4 with big tow, no locker, but I have VDC. Even light on the pedal doesn't make it any easier on fuel.
  • boiseboise Posts: 1
    I have an o4 titan with big tow and off rd pkg and I've done a full tank 70-85 mph highway trip a few times, that takes almost exactly a full tank (just over 300 miles)and the best i've done was about 15 mpg average. that is a vast improvement from the break in period when I got 10 mpg (highway) for the first 5000 miles. I've never been very happy with my titan. now, around town I'll be lucky to get 11 mpg.
  • blink3blink3 Posts: 74
    Thank you for the input!!!!!
  • I have a 04 SE 2WD. I take many trips and have recorded as high as 22MPG and low as 18 MPG. The 18MPG was really hauling butt(avg.90+) Ilove the truck!