Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Titan

Comments

• akanglakangl Posts: 3,592
    I checked the door jam on mine (its supposed to have 17's but doesn't) and the 17's are supposed to be set at 35 psi.
  • derykfderykf Posts: 9
    I took out the Nissan track blocks at the back end of the utilitrac and put the Truxedo mounting brackets in their place. The bed extender brackets are still mounted in the track. Once the Truxedo frame is mounted in place you slide the bed extender brackets all the way to the back against the Truxedo brackets. At that point you can put the bed extender into the brackets, but it goes in at an angle instead of straight down like normal. You will then have the bed extender out on the tailgate and should be able to use it. If you want to be able to close the tailgate you have to remove the bed extender from the brackets and put it in the truck box. You can't just flip it in like normal. So far it has worked fine for me.
  • bowke28bowke28 Posts: 2,185
    that wouldnt happen to be a pseudonym for li_sailor, would it? ;-)
  • p100p100 Posts: 1,116
    Usually all tires designeated with a "P" will have specified pressures up to 35 psi. "LT" tires will have pressures between 35 and 50 psi. Commercial truck tires with 12-20 plies may go up to 100 psi or even higher.
    $ 900 seems a little high for a thin coat of spray-on bedliner, bed utility light, two tracks, and a small tool compartment with a hinged door on side of the truck. Several years ago GM offered a composite truck bed for their 1500 series pickups for about $ 800. This bed was all composite, including the sides, and tailgate, and would never rust, so no need for a spray-on bedliner. This seems like a much more logical utility package for the money than what Nissan offers. The other day I saw a Titan truck with most of available bed accesories, such as sliding divider, plastic bin, bed extender, and utility bed package. The total cost of these "goodies" was over 1500! Give me break! These things are not worth that kind of money. You can get a big tow package and an off road package for that!
  • capriracercapriracer Somewhere in the USPosts: 793
    What pressures p100 referred to was the usage inflation - what's on the placard.

However, what is written on the sidewall of the tire - the maximum for that tire - is at least the same and usually higher.

And just a bit of additional info - LT metrics go as high as 80 psi.

Hope this helps.
    it gets a little more than that.

factory-applied (read: pre-paint, no corrosion) spray-in LINE-X bedliner
    lighted tailgate
    5 tracks
    4 200-lb. rated adjustable tie-down cleats
    water-resistant storage compartment

you can say it that way and it doesnt sound like much, but the value for someone who actually uses these thing is immense.

and if someone pays $1500 for those few things, i would call them bad negotiators in the first place.

but keep in mind, people pay that kind of money for truck accessories ALL THE TIME. nissan buyers arent alone there, beleive me.
    Options and accessories can drive up the price of a TITAN truck into $ 40K+ range. An SE crew cab 4X4 that I was interested in was equipped with popular power captain option and splash guards and listed for $ 31.8K. A crew cab LE 4X4 loaded with every available option was almost exactly $10K more, at $ 41.6K.
    that the $41k price tag comes with nav and dvd, which totals $3500. the ford, for instance, goes for $41k with a simple lariat suprecrew...not even with nav or dvd.

the titan is priced perfectly to compete.
    I am not complaining. Actually I like the fact that there are so many variations of the same truck, so everybody can choose their options.
    Back in 1995 I bought the most expensive Nissan pickup available: SE V6 4X4 king cab because this was the only version that offered power windows, locks, sunroof, and limited slip differential. The price of this truck (MSRP $23K) was twice that of a 4 cyl regular cab XE Nissan pickup(MSRP about $11.5K).
  • hacker18hacker18 Posts: 2
    Hi and thanks for your post. Just took delivery of my 2004 Titan LE with Rockford Fosgate package, Big Tow and Off Road. LOve IT!!! But I need Tonneau. I have just heard about the Torza and I an curious. I have heard you need adapters. What adapters. The Toraza sites do not seem to mention any adapters. Where do you get them. I do not have the bed extender so it would not be an issue for me. I also hear of the TruXedo. What do you all recommend?? Thank You in advance for any response.

Terry
  • li_titanli_titan Posts: 7
    I ordered the truxedo tonneau (should be here today) I have the SE Smoke with Big tow, Off road, popular with Captains chairs and side air bags. I just had them install side rails (looks great). If you have any questions call the cover people up they are very helpfull. Sorry but I do not have the part number with me for the truxedo. It comes with specail clamps for the utilitrac system. Same thing with the torza cover. There are pluses and minuses to each one.

Good luck..

PS. Thanks to everyone that answered my questions regarding the tire presure and the tonneau cover.
  • bknightbknight Posts: 5
    I have an LE CC and recently went through the exercise of reviewing available tonneaus. The best site I found and eventually bought from was http://www.truckgadgets.com in Dallas. They have a good comparison chart, were very helpful on the phone, were very competitive on price, and drop shipped to my house. I bought the Access roll-up cover designed specifically for the Titan CC because it required no drilling, even though it is advised. It looks great, has a lifetime guarantee, and will allow use of my utili-tracks and extender with a little work. Nissan has a soft cover due anytime and said a hardcover will follow later this year but I could not wait since I was heading to Colorado. By the way, the Titan kicked butt in the mountains. Good luck.
    we ordered a color-keyed hard lid from A.R.E. looks GREAT!! it also has enough clearance for the bed extender. our cost was $855, so i would imagine that retail would be around a grand or so, installed.
  • liquidliquid Posts: 1
    I can't agree more, I have had my titan for three months and it has been in the shop 6 times. To call it a dissappointment would be an under estimated statement, I have driven alot but never had half the brake problems with my ford as I have had with this truck. In conclusion the brakes on this truck are not the quality they should be and need to be replaced.
  • hacker18hacker18 Posts: 2
    Just returned from first trip with my Titan LE with Bit Tow, Off Road and Rockford Fosgate/Captain Chairs packages. What a beast. Towed my hybrid camper(a little lighter than regular camper) uphill at 65-70 MPH without even a downshift. Thanks for the responses on the covers. Leaning toward Truxedo at this time for a cover.

Terry
  • mccdon1mccdon1 Posts: 32
    The torzatop is supplied with 4 adapters that slide into the utilitrac rails. Just remove the rear stoppers and slide them on. very easy.
  • Tiltboy, did you ever buy a Titan? I'm in AL also (Montgomery) and I'm trying to find someone who will give a great deal...hadn't found 'em yet.
  • boomer1bboomer1b Posts: 348
    Don't get jammed by a dealer !

Dealers in my area of waay upstate NY area are advertising new Titans for $5000 off msrp. Incl.
    rebate.
    One dealer has 40 in stock !

Use the Nissan web site to locate one and save $$$!