Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Titan

Comments

• no bashing brother....the trade in on them is crap....but if it's worth something to you, i know where you can buy one for $23000.
  • dbauerdbauer Posts: 416
    might want to change your handle, then....
  • na....i sold him a real truck, took his on trade. ill keep the handle.
  • dadoftaydadoftay Posts: 136
    I know your not making fun of a truck that stickers for 28K going for 22K used.? Have you seen the sticker on a new F150 or even worse the SilverSierra twins? Atlanta pulls that XLT crew for around 28-30K and year old models are in the low 20s but the GM duo is around 32 new an hits the low 20s as well. Nice job Ford/GM for losing all profit dollars on rebates and crashing your own resale value.
  • no, im making fun of a truck that stickers for 32700 trading in 4 months later at 22000....for the sake of comparing apples to apples, the same 4 month old 04 f150 lariat crew with 7000 miles on it would have a base sticker price of 33330 less a 4000 rebate with a net sticker price of 29330. clean book on the f150 would be 24500. so, in summary, if you bout one of each 4 months ago, and traded both in today, the f150 would have cost you 4730. the titan would have cost you 10700. assuming you bought them with no additional options at full sticker price. now tell me how wonderful the titan is.
  • atlgaxtatlgaxt Posts: 487
    I'm not sure I understand your point. The Titan that stickers for $32,700 can also be bought for a lot less than sticker, so the $10,700 "cost" of driving the Titan is a fake number, and your comparison is meaningless.

In any case, anyone who trades in a four month old vehicle to a car dealer should know that they are going to get raked over the coals by vultures. It is not a smart thing to do no matter what you are driving.
  • i wouldnt say its meaningless....the cost of the hypothetical f150 was also at sticker...if you want to use real numbers, the ford dealer is capable of moving a whole lot more on the price than a nissan dealer, so while the 10700 might be lower, the number on the ford would be even lower than that, making the difference between the two even greater. its just a fact of life. some vehicles are absolute crap at trade in time. the nissan titan is one of the worst. its worse than the dodge quad cab hemi, which is really saying something. it ranks right up there with the vw beetle, chrysler pt cruiser, it may even be as bad as a jaguar. thats just the way it is. and i sincerely hope you leased yours.
    a $32700 stickered titan would be a SE CC 4x4. first of all, learn your competition. this is not a loaded truck.

secondly, i deal with fords too, and a comparable supercrew XLT 4x4 stickers for over $35k.

dont come to the table without knowledge, sir. even an uneducated buyer can find the correct numbers on this very site.

oh, and the other thing...fords markup is almost an identical % as nissans.
  • ill give you the fact that i dont really know the exact markup on a nissan. the sticker price i used on the ford is real. lariat 4x2 with no additional options. if you deal with new nissans and fords, you know good and well the trade in situation on the nissan. im just saying, admit to its shortcommings, then post some messages about how it can outrun a dodge with a hemi or is better designed than the ford, or whatever your personal opinion is about it. just acknowlege that it dam sure isnt the end-all for trucks. it has some pretty major drawbacks. for me, the drawback is the resale value, because once someone actually buys one of these things, its gonna be one heckuva long time before they can get out of it.
    "once someone actually buys one of these things, its gonna be one heckuva long time before they can get out of it."

and this is different from the rest of the auto industry how???

you gave figures for 2 totally different trucks.

the truck you traded for had a sticker price of $32700, and you said it was a crew cab. that means that its either an SE 4x4 or an LE 4x2.

if you equip an F150 the same way (XLT 4x4 supercrew or lariat 4x2 supercrew), they sticker for over $35000 either way.

the 4x2 lariat that stickers for $33k is a supercab, in which case we need to compare it with a KING cab titan instead of a crew cab.

its called consistency. you are trying to spin this to the ford side.

dont get me wrong...i love fords, and i love the f150...but dealing with them both, the titan has a MUCH better resale value than the ford.

as soon as more hit the used car market, it will get even better.

ask terry over in the RWTIV board.
  • Where in Louisville, I lived there 18 years and went to Western H.S. You are right you do live in ford country.
  • ok cheif. ill break it down one more time for you, this time using less coplicated language. acccording to edmunds.com, and this number is correct by the way, the base sticker price of a 4x2 crew cab lariat is "2004 Ford F-150

4dr SuperCrew Lariat Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

MSRP Invoice

National Base Price (excludes destination charge)

A note about advertising fees $32,535 $28,430". add in the destination cahrge, and youre at 33330. before any additional options, of course. clean book on this vehicle is 24700, also before any additional options.

the base sticker price of the 4x2 le nissan is 32700. the current market value of this truck is indeed 22000. thats not just me saying it, look at the previous posts from disgusted owners trying to trade their rigs in.

rebates are what they are, and id rather be getting them than not. once you deduct the 4000 rebate on the 04 ford, you end up with that incredible difference in true cost.

i wish it werent that way, because for every guy that jumped on the ill-fated nissan bandwagon, thats a prospective customer that really cant get out of his truck for a very long time.

it would benefit me greatly if there were any resale value at all on these things, but that certainly isnt the case.

and if you were going to try to say the comparison isnt fare again, i invite you to research and version of the nissan vs. any version of the ford, dodge, or god help me, the gm products. the result will be the same in every single instance. as a percentage, the nissan devalueates a helluva lot faster than any other make because there is no market at all for it as a pre owned.

dont get mad at the messanger brother....thats just the way it is.
  • and one more thing (i was more than a little insulted).

ill put my money where my mouth is. like i said, i know where you can get a titan le crew, white with 7134 miles on it for an even 23000.

if resale on the titan is MUCH better on the nissan, im sure youll be ALL OVER IT.

:P
    http://www.edmunds.com/new/2004/nissan/titan/100370938/prices.htm- l?tid=edmunds.n.miptype.pricetable.num2.1.nissan*

MSRP on a 4x2 LE CC is $31200

the problem is that the f150 has to add about $1800 in options to equal out the equipment. im not going all into that, since we could post back and forth for weeks on that alone.

suffice it to say, the difference between equally equipped trucks is between $2800 and $3400, depending on the trim level.

we often switch f150 buyers to a titan if invoice is still too much money, since the titan is still even less.
  • i was giving the trade value of the ford without the additional options. whatever options you would have gotten on your lariat, it would also have the effect of raising the trade in value...any way you look at it, the same result....quit dancing around the issue and say it man..."nissan titans devaluate harder than any other truck made". once you do, ill admit thats its a pretty darn nice truck other than that.
  • gee35coupegee35coupe Posts: 3,475
    I wouldn't be arguing resale against the Titan just yet. It's a brand new vehicle. Give it a few years and Nissan along with Toyota will be cleaning the domestics clock in trucks just like they are in cars. Domestic market share is slipping like an eel on grease. And arguing a couple grand resale ain't nothing compared to the fact that the F150 came off a major redesign into major rebates. Considering they restyle that thing like every 8 years or so.....they'll be buy-one-get-one-free in a few years.
  • ....and monkeys are flying out of my butt. sir, i sincerely hope you didnt actually buy one?...i mean, you are just a nissan salesman like the "dbaur" guy trying to convince the people looking in here for honest advice that the nissan is actually a good choice, right? i can see it now. about 3 years down the road. some popular country music singer on a NISSAN commercial talking about how tough the plastic-clad titan is in comparison to the hemi-equipped offering from freeking hyundai. god help us all.
  • gee35coupegee35coupe Posts: 3,475
    Which, would make me an import fan I guess. But so far it looks like they are kicking the domestics butt in cars. If the gas prices go up and stay up GM, along with other domestics are in big trouble since it seems they can't build an efficient 4 cylinder and Ford takes 3 or four years to stop building cars that won't set records for recalls.

It'll be a crying shame if Ford ends up a subsidary of Toyota.
    there is more plastic on the f150 than the titan...lots more.
  • ya...but i think ive handled every one of your various excuses for the whole resale issue and you still havent acknowleged my point. if anyone's out there thinking about pulling the trigger on a deal on the nissan, do yourself a favor and talk to anyone who appraises trades at any other make's dealership. ask them to rank the makes from best to worst. they will all rank their own make best, im sure. but i guarantee they will rank the nissan dead last. that should be enough of a warning for anyone. if you take the bait on this one, its like p.t. barnum said......a fool and his money are soon parted.