Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Titan

Comments

• Click on the help link at the top of the page, and there's a FAQ on how to post a picture.

You use an HTML tag.
  • akanglakangl Posts: 3,592
    You're kidding on the *dual mass flywheel* thing right?? We had to replace one on our 94 K3500 6.5L TD, what a !@$#@$!!!!!

Well, that makes my Titan look like a saint! Not sure I'd consider GM if they are still being boneheaded about stuff like that!
  • >>>You're kidding on the *dual mass flywheel* thing right?? We had to replace one on our 94 K3500 6.5L TD, what a !@$#@$!!!!!

Well, that makes my Titan look like a saint! Not sure I'd consider GM if they are still being boneheaded about stuff like that! <<<

Well...they redesigned it. But if they had that problem in '94 and they still had it in '01, what confidence is there in that? I was warned not to get a manual transmission, but Ford uses the same ZF S-650 medium duty 6 spd manual in the Super Duty and their diesel. And as far as I know, they've got a clutch/flywheel combo that works for them. That ended up being the only disappointment for me, if you don't count the letter from GM about the fuel injector problem. I didn't feel like sticking around waiting for that to happen either, although day to day I liked the truck. I like the Titan more though.
  • Fact of the matter, is it's very hard to buy a manual transmission from GM anymore, anyway. They want you to buy the Allison automatic. Manuals are hard to find.
  • obyoneobyone Posts: 8,065
    as far as the high interest rate goes, most banks cap the rate markup to 3 percentage points. so i think in the worst case scenario, they had a buy rate of around 14.95%. is that more like what you got from your bank?

About the financing.....On my last two vehicles I worked with GM dealers that I have a buying history with. My '02 Denali was financed at 0% 5 years no down. My '00 Silverado was financed at 7% no down through my bank. The Denali was a personal purchase, the Silverado through my company.

The Titan is for business use therefore purchased through the company and not me. When asked to fill a credit app I explained it wasn't necessary as I have my own financing. Still they insisted on working the deal saying they could get a better rate. How they determined the rate of the loan is beyond me. It appeared that the dealer financed the deal as there seemed to be no bank involved, not on paper anyway. Our insurance company asked who the loss payee would be and at this time I have no clue. I'm assuming our banker is working with the dealership.
  • dbauerdbauer Posts: 416
    then their rate was based on your personal credit, and not on the company's credit? am i assuming correctly?
    That's what I don't understand. I didn't fill out a credit app, stated I had my own financing, and figured F&I would work the details with my banker. It also seemed important to the F&I person that I put a deposit down.

If a customer came in and told you that they had their own financing and that the loan would be worked through the company, what info would you require? I assume nothing more than the banker's name and phone number.
    Does your truck have the Utili-Trac system? You mentioned bed liner, (they offer a drop-in) but also said you have the bed-extender which I thought was only available on the Utili-Trac option, no?

I have a drop in liner with the bed extender. I would think the bed extender would work either way as it's aftermarket and available for most trucks.

After reading the other forum, it appears that the brake issue hasn't been resolved and I should expect it to happen around 7-10k miles? Dang.....

If that is the case I shouldn't tinker with ceramic pads as it would definitely void the warranty on the pads for sure...and the dealer would try to use it as an excuse to get out of performing the tsb. OR am I thinking like a GM owner? LMAO!!
  • On the brakes well, hope for the best...maybe '05's won't have the problem.

The dealership I purchased from (Tynan's Nissan) works hard to please, the service is good and fast...albeit EXPENSIVE.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,824
    A newspaper reporter would like to interview owners of big pick-up trucks with large cabs that they primarily use for family transportation. If you fit what the reporter is looking for and you are interested in being interviewed, please send a brief description of yourself and your vehicle with your daytime contact information to Kirsten Holguin at kholguin@edmunds.com by 9am Pacific, Friday, February 4.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• dbauerdbauer Posts: 416
    there are 2 different bed extenders. one is the "sliding bed extender" and the other is the "non-sliding bed extender"

the applications of both should be self-evident.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,824
    A newspaper reporter would like to interview owners of big pick-up trucks with large cabs that they primarily use for family transportation. If you fit what the reporter is looking for and you are interested in being interviewed, please send a brief description of yourself and your vehicle with your daytime contact information to Kirsten Holguin at kholguin@edmunds.com by 9am Pacific, Monday, February 7.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• sorry for the broken link
  • joe37joe37 Posts: 1
    Has anyone ever compared the rockford fosgate radio to the 6disc radio on the SE preferred package? I have noticed that the Rockford Fosgate radio is no longer a choice when you build it online. Is it worth the extra money?
  • akanglakangl Posts: 3,592
    I've had both, the regular 6-disc in an SE and now the RF in my LE. I prefer the RF, its much more powerful, some will disagree, its all a matter of personal preference I think.
  • SylviaSylvia Posts: 1,636
    WOMEN AND TRUCKS. One of our journalists is writing an article about women and trucks: why they love their trucks, the decisions that they have to make when purchasing a truck versus a car, and whether or not they&#146;ve encountered discrimination or bias when buying or driving a truck. If you&#146;d like to share your story, please respond to jhelperin@edmunds by Sunday, March 26th. Thanks!
  • To All the people above:

I'm sorry to hear about all of the problems with your trucks. I have owned a Titan X-Cab SE Towing and Rockford Fosgate package for a year now and have about 15000 miles. I have not had any problems other than a small bubble in the spray in bedliner. My truck has been driven hard and I haven't seen any problems that any of you speak of. Yesterday I yanked a old mail jeep that was six inches sunken into the ground out and towed it to a new location with no problems. I am a huge fan of this truck and I want people to get a feel of everyone's opinion so I thought I would write in. I do suggest as with any vehicle to thoroughly inspect the vehicle and test drive it before purchasing. Anyone on this forum reading other peoples experiences are already on the right track to making an educated decision. I personally believe that the dealership has alot to do with buying a good vehicle. I wouldn't suggest giving up on getting a Titan because of a poor dealership experience or one poor example of this new truck. If your home town is anything like mine there is another Nissan dealer within a half hour drive so go check them out as well. Good luck and keep writing in.
  • dirkdaddydirkdaddy Posts: 313
    Yes, the folks who aren't having trouble don't post messages as much as those with axes to grind, that's for sure. Good to hear of your positive experiences.

Lurker Dirk
  • blink3blink3 Posts: 74
    Hello All!!!! I am constantly on the road logging over 1000 miles per week. Looking at the Titan because I like the cab and reliability of Nissan but I would have to put a tonneau cover on the bed as I haul things that cannot get wet. Anyone out there with the Tonneau experience a better MPG avg? I currently run a Chevy Trailblazer which is rated at 15/19 with 275hp. I constantly get 20.7 range. Also, does the Titan require Premium Unleaded?

Thanks!
  • hogboyhogboy Posts: 84
    Brad, if this is your first pick up truck you won't have anything else to compare it to previously.
    The tonneau cover doesn't make any difference in your MPG because the bed is not that long.
    On an 8 ft box your would maybe be talking 1 more MPG (at least my past experiences have shown that gain.) Don't plan on seeing anything close to 20 MPG if you are getting a 4x4. The Titan runs
    fine on regular unleaded. It does NOT require premium. I have an SE 4x4 with big tow, off road and the extra utility bed package. My initial MPG was 13.5, however, now that I am at 5k it has improved to approx 15MPG. My driving is 50% stop/go, 50% highway. Some have been getting a little better MPG, some worse. The truck has plenty of giddy yup, tons of torque and has hauled full loads of green oak firewood for me and still has plenty left. When you stomp this baby you better have your seatbelt fastened.