Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Titan

Comments

• Yea right, I too had and say had an 04 Titan LE 4X4 with the off road, big tow, etc, my brother had an 05 set up the same way and we both never and I say never got over 11 MPG empty driving 60 MPH, if you go to the Nissan forums you will see that the majority of the owners are very dissatisfied with the mileage, also took the rear-end out @ 5000 miles, went back to a real truck, 2500 HD Chevy!!!!

http://www.nissantitan.info/forum_topics.asp?FID=1
  • has to do if you should get a short circuit in the trailers electrical system,they will install a fuseable harness which will protect the trucks circuits, more or less isolates the truck from the trailer, if this should happen you will still have lights on the vehicle but the trailer lights won't work, GM, Ford, & Dodge have been doing this for a number of years already, another screup from Nissan, here's the link for the recall

http://www.nissanhelp.com/Ownership/Bulletins/Nissan/2005/NTB05-086.htm
  • p100p100 Posts: 1,116
    Do you really expect anybody to believe this? You could not get 18 MPG at 90 MPH even out of a compact Nissan pickup, let alone Titan.
  • highrollerhighroller Posts: 351
    that's quite a bold statement. If you are getting 18 mpg thats great, but i kind of find that hard to believe.
  • stlthf1stlthf1 Posts: 4
    Does anyone have an 06'? I'm looking at it and almost ready to buy but they 05's and 04's seem to have alot of problems.

Thanks,
    jon
  • blink3blink3 Posts: 74
    Sounds like majority is 18ish hwy. 22-24??? maybe in a tail wind with a sail?? My envoy is rated at 21 and I have done 23 a couple times and 24 once. Avg though I get 21-22.
    Thanks again for the input!
  • hippy1hippy1 Posts: 1
    Looking into the 06 king cab...the nearest dealer is 2 1/2 hours away on the interstate. how has the warranty worked for you if you don't take it back to a dealer. Not worried about my grease monkey, just with Nissan. Long drive if things go south in the wrong way.
    I have the 06 crew cab 4x2.... so far no probles with the brakes or any other thing i can think of... well, except for the tires (poor traction control during wet weather driving for sure!) but seems like most buyers experience this and with the poor treads on it also. i now have exactly 9064 miles on it. Running pretty good.
  • trekker2trekker2 Posts: 2
    I have the same truck. Any problems with the plastic faceplate over the gauges rattling all the time? If so, please let me know if you have a solution.
    I have the same problem also, in my opinion it's really not rattling, more like squeaking but the only solution i can come up with is to tape the plastic faceplate that is covering the gauges to the dashboard. I noticed the squeaks/rattling stops whenever i was driving one time and pressed my finger on the plastic faceplate. It seems like those plastic things are not sealed tightly to the dashboard. and therefore while driving, the bumpy conditions on the road shakes or rattles the plastic and causes these squeaking noises to appear.
  • nbarnbar Posts: 1
    Love my 2006 LE Titan Crew Cab BUT!!! On a road trip all highway mileage with Plus grade gas driving 70 mph, and I have a cover on the bed should help, I only got 15 MPG. I know this is a large truck but 15 is a long way from the stated 19 on the highway. This SUCKS big time. The only complaint I have but this is major. :cry:
    I feel your pain too. But... i do have a quick question if you dont mind answering .. why do you use plus when manual calls for regular? Im just curious :)
    Is this a 4WD truck? I have an '06 Silverado Z71 crew cab and all I get is about 15 MPG in combined driving. I am getting a bed cover shortly, so I will have a chance to see what it does to mileage. Cruising at 70 MPH on interstate I get better than 15 MPG though, and I drive about 80 MPH. How much better I do not know, as I have not taken the truck on a long trip yet.

As far as using mid grade or premium gas in a vehicle that calls for regular, you can benefit if the engine has a knock sensor and electronic ignition timing. With higher octane gas, the engine computer can advance the ignition timing more before the knock sensor registers pinging, and more timing advance means better performance and fuel economy. Different vehicles respond differently to higher octane fuel.
    If someone can tell me how can i know if my vehicle (which is an 06 titan SE crewcab) has a knock sensor and an electronic ignition timing, i'd really appreciate it! :)
  • dirkworkdirkwork Posts: 210
    I'm not an owner but I can nearly assure you it does! The titan uses a modern powerplant that has all the usual controls like this. Some domestics used to have "dumb" engines years ago, but now marketplace is too competitive, emissions, etc. You don't have a distributor either, these motors use separate coils for each plug, so you can't time it like a 60's engine with a timing light and a screwdriver! :~)
    Yes, you have both the knock sensor and electronic distributorless ignition system. Try different octanes and see if the mileage and peformance is better. Like I said, different engines will repsond differently.
    Will do! If an engine has a distributorless ignition system, why or how would this be advantageous? Well, thanks again guys... i will post my mpg and difference between performance carefully after a couple runs of premium. Now, my question is how many fillups would it take for the ecu to adjust to the higher octane, so that i can "feel and see" the difference between performance and mpg?

Regards
    Highroller
    I would try at least four consecutive tankfulls of each octane.
    Ok, ill try that... i just needed advice on how to start, so thanks p100.
    Ok, well i have been using 4 tank full of 89 plus now and city driving tends to decrease in mpg only by a few. So it turns out that it is almost near same or decreased by just a few miles total. I estimated my city drivings out to be 10-11 mpg. Normally my city with the regular 87 unleaded gas is 11 mpg. Highways are estimated to be somewhere around 15mpg. With 87, it is 16mpg. Just to update anyone who is still reading this stuff.