Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Titan

1666768697072»

Comments

• jumper11jumper11 Posts: 5
    I compared apples to apples and the for the money the titan is more of a truck than any of it's compeditors. This is coming from a Post Ford guy. The titan is a handsome beast!!!
  • I bought my titan in sept 2004. The truck was great, loved the power, design, handling, heck, I loved just about everything. What I didn't love, however, was when I got in it the second day I owned it, and it wouldn't start. Here I am, proud as can be with my new truck, and it won't start. It's imbarrasing. Naturaly I called the dealer, and they said bring it in, so when I got it started, I did. I drove my truck the hundred miles to the dealer, there wasn't one any closer, to let them have a look. They got in the truck and turned the key, and guess what, it started. So they gave it back without testing anything and said have a nice day. Needless to say, that wasn't the last of that little gremmlin. Over the years, I brought the truck back several times, still a hundred miles from the dealership, in hopes that it would duplicate. It hasn't. I called NissasUSA to complain about the problem and ask that if this becomes a problem in the future, would they be able to extend the warranty on just this one thing? They said NO!! If you can't get it to duplicate durring the warranty, then it's your problem from then on. They even went so far as to tell me that I should have thought about how far I lived away from the dealership before concidering buying a Nissan. It's too bad that their responsibility to customer service ends the day you drive off the lot. That's why I say, NOT IMPRESSED!!!
  • Your mpg is up to you. I can do 20 mpg or i can do less, the less you use the brake and keep speeds under 67 mph, you can do it. Being a poor boy these days i choose to keep my commute to job 85 miles round trip as cheep as possible. Most of trip is interstate, on hwy i keep it to 67 mph thus 20 mpg.. :)
  • halfordhalford Posts: 1
    HI all , new on this , but i have a 2004 titian with 38,000 miles on it , very happy with my titian , just put adynomax exhaust & a k&n air filter systment on was geting 17 miles a gallon , going to change oil to mobil 1 syn. and throldl body space on, hope to get at lease 20 mpg drveing at 65 mph .
  • I read an article that states that the full-size truck production is going to be put to a hault in december 2010! Has anybody else heard somethign like this?
  • KCRam@EdmundsKCRam@Edmunds Mt. Arlington NJPosts: 3,497
    Click here: Nissan Titan will be replaced by 2011 Nissan Ram

kcram - Pickups Host

KCRam - Pickups/Wagons/Vans+Minivans Moderator

• I purchased a 2004 SE crew cab titan, a 2005 SE king cab titan and a 2007 SE armada. I replace the brake because I recieved the recall info, but i haven't had a problem with either. I replaced the tires at 40k miles on the 04 and 53k on my 05.I am in the air force and i work with many different people driving all of the others and all are dissapointed in some way with their truck. I have four nissans and the only way i would get rid of them is for another nissan truck. A lot of people i talk to has a closed mind about an import truck because the are faithful to the big three, but when you show the fact the titan and tundra capabilities are undisputed. I would recomment any year titan. I have five kids and three dog. I tow a lawn equipment trailer with both truck and I have no problems :shades:
  • obyoneobyone Posts: 8,065
    Well enjoy your Titan, it isn't going to be around much longer. With selling an average of 5K per month Nissan isn't making the big bucks on this truck and is outsourcing it to Chrysler. Imagine that made by one of the big 3.

New Titan
  • After Having my '05 KC truck for a full year now, I still love it, even with gas prices being what they are. But still I must ask, How in the heck do i get better then 12 or 13 MPG. What can I do to it to get better Gas Miles??? I'd do almost anything for a consistant 20mpg. Yes I do keep my braking and speed as reasonable as i can living in NYC.

Second problem: Over the weekend I finaly had to change a tire at 28k mi.(God damn Nail on the highway!!) 2 of my lug-bolts broke just trying to get the flat tire out. I had it towed to a place and 2 more broke when they were trying to complete the job. I have never had that happen on any car/truck I ever owned, anyone experienced that on their truck?? I'm ganna have my tires rotated this week and be prepared to have the rest pulled and replaced if they break.

_B
  • If this is the first time you removed a tire then that would be expected. If you rotate them every 5 to 6 thousand miles used the specified torque and you won't have any problems. One of the issues is that tire companys use impact wrenches which are set very high usually above the specified torque. These trucks are made to withstand some heavy stump jumping therefore I believe it's due to overtorquing of the lug nuts. Good luck!
  • Hey all,

Does anyone know for sure when Titan production switched from 2008 to 2008.5? I've looked around some and I haven't come across a date anywhere.

Thanks.
  • Hey The above statement about Ford which you have given I think you are partially right... Here in India we have a huge market for Ford.

Master Resale Rights
  • My husband worked at Nissan dealership. Thus we bought a used 2004 titan king cab SE off road with tow package in 07 for a great price. love the look of Titan, love the power, and for the most part really enjoyed our truck. We have experience several of the same issues that most complain about. Transmission overheating while pulling a 5000lbs boat (thought the titan was rated for 9000lbs), rearend seals leaking, a driveshaft replacement, cracked manifolds, exhaust leaks, brake judder, and some other small issues. but this is the last straw...the passenger suicide door window just fell off and the paint it was glued to came with it. really!? we live in the northwest and really don't experience any severe weather. We don't take the vehicle off road. I'm just over the pretty and the power and can't not wait to replace this vehicle. All i see now is the book value dropping. Better for sitting in my driveway looking pretty, then my daily driver. :mad: :cry: :sick:
  • Maybe it just your truck?
  • obyoneobyone Posts: 8,065
    Knowing the issues with the first year (2004) Titan AND your husband working at a Nissan dealership, why would you buy one? Must have been really really cheap.

BTW, you also need to have your IPDM replaced under recall.
  • Hi, still have same titan. Only problem was rear axle seals. Got 84000 miles on OEM tires, have only changed oil and filter, and replaced battery. I may replace spark plugs when I feel better. Truck now has about 110000 miles, can still do the same MPG as before.