Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Suzuki Aerio Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• I have a 2002 Suzuki Aerio. The other night I was driving my car on cruise control (approximately 65 MPH).. then all of a sudden the stick shift popped out of gear. The temp gauge went up. Nothing is leaking from the outside and the radiator isn't hot but there's fluid leaking on the inside floor on the driver's side. When this started I was also able to hear a hissing type sound inside the car. Does anyone have any idea what the problem may be?
  • davidd5davidd5 Posts: 79
    I would say you have blown the heater core. As to why it popped out of gear,I really can't even guess.
  • Thanks for your response davidd5. Does anyone have any idea where I can get price quotes on replacing a heater core? Is it hard to do yourself or is it best to get it done in the shop? How does the heater core blow out anyway? As you can tell...I don't know too much about this type of stuff...

Any information would be GREAT!!!!
  • I've never heard of a heater core blowing but I have heard of them clogging up with corrosion. Once clogged up they restrict flow and the pressure can build up and cause the hoses to burst or leak.

This can sometimes be cured by having the cooling system flushed at a garage. if not, then the core needs to be replaced and this should be done by a mechanic also. Any reputable mechanic can do this work for you - although you may want to stick to a Suzuki garage to get OEM parts.
  • davidd5davidd5 Posts: 79
    Think of the heater core like a small radiator. It has fins and two side tanks. As the air is blown through the heater core[from the heater fan],heat is transfered the passenger cabin. So just like a radiator can leak,the heater core can leak. The heater core is located inside the car,so this is why you noticed coolant on the floor. Replacing the core can be a pretty big job on some cars as the dash has to come out. The Aerio is one of those cars.
  • jrubinjrubin Posts: 1
    Mechanic stated the rattle is normal for 2003 Suzuki Areo SX. Stated the problem is a inexpensive cover with bushing. Can anyone assist.
  • dmmaddoxdmmaddox Posts: 1
    I may be a little late on this reply but I took my car to the dealership today to have it re-aligned (pulling to the left). Also, mentioned to them that I heard a "flutter" sound when accellerating. 20 minutes later, they tell me there is a "major engine problem" with the rods. They said it was an internal problem and nothing I did caused it (unless of course I had driven it real hard and not replaced fluids, etc). Said it ballpark figured to be $5000 to repair (Thank goodness I bought an extended warranty - bought 9 mo. ago used now has 41K miles) !!! They are putting a new "short block" in it. Said it wasn't safe to drive in current condition. YIKES! Anyone else w/ this problem?
  • ca770ca770 Posts: 16
    I took my 2003 SX in today, the service guy said that the noise from my break is NORMAL, especially when applying break while in 1st gear and reverse. He said the clunking noise is caused by "the break pad is trying to fall into the calipers". Smeone mentioned that there was a bulletin for this problem, I couldn't find it. I need advise!
  • albyseenyaalbyseenya Posts: 1
    In response to the rattling , I'm having a similar sound, but the noise happens when I deccelerate and only when the car is warmed up, it sounds like a loose exhaust, I removed the heat shield but the noise is still there so I'm going farther underneath maybe by the cat converter not sure I don't know if this is your problem but I'll let you know what I find.
  • :sick: yeah i have had that problem, my lil sister backed into my aerio in my dads cherokee and broke the plastic piece that holds it on. Before that i backed outa a driveway that had a curb on it that was too steep and yeah it busted off. I am afraid to find out what its going to cost to have fixed....anyways other than that i love it. Oh yeah and i did do a pretty cool lighting mod under the dash...put those red honeycomb lights you get in like advanced underneath the dash. Wired em with a fuse and a switch right into the fuse box. Now im tryin to rig up some aftermarket fog lights. :shades:
  • ca770ca770 Posts: 16
    My 2003 Aerio has only 7000 miles, two weeks ago the engine developed a new problem - CHOKING on the first start in the morning. The RPM runs extremly low around 200-300, it feels that there is not enough fuel going into the engine. After choking for 5-10 seconds everything becomes normal. Last Sunday, the engine finally stalled (the "check engine" light did not come on) but started right away on the second attempt. I took it into the dealship twice already and they told me they cannot duplicate the same problem, therefore, there is no problem with the car. What could be the problem? Thanks :sick:
  • roadyroady Posts: 1
    I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM. I JUST HAD A FOUR WHEEL ALIGHNMENT TWICE. THAT DID NOT HELP. ANY IDEAS. :confuse:
  • I just bought a 2005 Aerios SX 5 spd and just in last few days have had need to run the AC and my passenger side floor pan front is flooded. Any ideas. The condensate doesn't seem to be vented to the outside!

Larry
  • We have owned our Aeiro for about 4 weeks! When the air conditioning is turned on it collects about 1 - 1 1/2 inches of water in the passenger side floor pan. It doesn't vent to the outside. Anyone know what to do about that?
  • lngtonge18lngtonge18 Posts: 2,228
    Your AC drain hose is either clogged or the hose has detached from the exit hole in the floor. Take it to the dealer and they will clear the debris or reattach the hose. If you park your car outside, try to keep it away from trees that drop lots of leaves because they get into the dash area through the vents at the base of the windshield and will reclog the hose. Good luck.
  • I took it to the dealership and it was a disconnected hose from the condensing unit. Seems to be fixed.
  • You were exactly correct. Took to the dealership and it took about 5 minutes and it seems to be ok.
  • nicksimonnicksimon Posts: 6
    I am currently looking at buying a new car. the aerio first caught my eye when i had to choose which rental car i wanted. i chose an aerio sx. it rode great and had a great deal of power for its size. i wanted to know if this is a reliable car. is it problematic. i am only 20 and am on a budget. i need a reliable car thats new and gives a good bang for your buck. is this it or will this car be horrible and cost me alot in repairs. can someone please give me an opinion or two. i would really appreciate it.
  • The Aerio would absolutley be a reliable car to buy. I love the way suzuki builds thier cars. Except one thing, stay away from the Manuel transmissions. The automatics are very good but suzuki is well known for thier crapy Manuels. If you are planning on buying a 2005 model, that is a newer design and I dont know if that one is good or bad. But I would get an auto just to be safe. The Aerio also gets really good gas mileage for how much power it has. I drive a Suzuki Esteem, it has been extreemly reliable. The engine runs like new, unfortunatley it is a stick shift and my tranny went out on me 2 months ago. So I am going to swap in an engine and automatic transmission from an Aerio.
  • hi i just recently bought a used 2003 suzuki aerio gs(sedan). im having the hardest time locating either a turbo or supercharger setup for it. as well i cant seem to find an aftermarket header. any help would be appreciated.