Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Suzuki Aerio Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• any engine uses oil. i have a 2003 audi a4 and new aerio. maybe u should have checked your oil before 6000 miles. i think its a good idea to check every mth or so. i use a qt or so in the audi each 3000 miles too.
  • I was driving along in 4th gear at about 65 km/hr and my car seemed to go into neutral. It is a manual transmission and the shift stick was still in gear. Tried it in 3rd and second too. Then I was stuck in the middle of the harbour bridge. I couldn't start in first either as the clutch wouldn't engage when I let it out.
    Could anyone tell me what the cause might be?
  • I HAVE LOCATED MY SUBWOOFER--UNDER THE DRIVERS SEAT. I STILL HAVE NOT DETERMINED WHICH FOGLIGHTS I HAVE. (35WATT OR 55WATT) I CALLED SUZUKI AND TALKED SOME "LESS THAN KNOWLEDGABLE" PERSON WHO TOLD ME THAT MY SUBWOFFER WAS DEFINATELY IN THE BACK OF THE CAR. HE DID NOT KNOW ABOUT MY FOGLIGHTS, TAIL PIPE CHROME TIP, FRONT LICENSE PLATE HARDWARE OR ANYTHING ELSE THAT I ASKED. MAYBE I SHOULD HAVE ASKED FOR THE JANITOR. JANITORS SEEM TO KNOW EVERYTHING THAT IS GOING ON! I STILL WOULD LIKE SOME INPUT IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME. I WANT TO UPGRADE MY FOGLIGHTS TO SYLVANIA SILVER STAR BULBS LIKE I DID WITH MY HEADLAMPS. BIG DIFFERENCE! THIS VEHICLE HAS A LOT OF WEIRD NOISES IN IT AND IT IDLES ROUGH ALSO. THE DEALER SAID HE WOULD LOOK INTO IT. WHATEVER THAT MEANS....

HELP~!!!!~!!
  • I would say you may have had an axle pop out. Suzuki does have a TSB about some aerios that had a problem with an axle popping out.
  • I would also like to upgrade my fog lights.
    Where are the Sylvania Silver Type H11 available at?
  • Have you tried pulling the bulb out of the fog light and see what wattage it says on the bulb?
  • ryno4ryno4 Posts: 4
    I had an 03 aerio and I recently traded it for an 06, but the other day I hear a looud cluck in the front end when i went through a dip on a street I've traveled on many times with my 03. Of course when I took a tech for a ride, no noise. It almost souded like a top out, or the new weird flaps behind the front wheels ground against the pavement? The 2.3 feels much stronger than the 03 2.0 and their has been a ton of improvements overall!
  • I had an 04 sedan that had a rough idle. i changed the spark plugs. perfect after that
  • Has anyone tried putting an intake on a 04-05 Aerio sedan or SX. I tried it on both but the check engine light comes on. The code reader says System too lean. any suggestions on what i can do to keep the intake on it without the check engine light?
    Try removing your negative battery connection for 20-30min and let the computer reset itself, it worked on my 03. It should self calibrate to the new air/fuel mixture ratio. Try NGK Iridium Plugs as well, and use a grounding kit, your spark will be stronger and more consistant.
  • Where do you get the grounding kit from?
    Ebay has tons of stuff for the aerio, but a grounding kit simply removes any ground loops which exist in many factory assembled cars. It does'nt have to be for an aerio specifically.
    Is yours an 06, because my 06 has weird noises coming from the front end as well?
  • Im gonna try that in morning see if it works....i hope it does..thanks bro
  • carthellcarthell Posts: 124
    "Have you tried pulling the bulb out of the fog light and see what wattage it says on the bulb?"

My service manual states that you have to take off the front bumper to do this.

Otherwise, Sylvania's own web site seems to indicate the Aerio switched from a H11 to a H8 bulb for MY 2005. The H11 ate a recommended 55 watts. The H8 is on a diet at 35 watts.
  • hurthurt Posts: 1
    I have a 2006 aerio sx awd which I purchased for the fuel mileage and awd. My first tank I got 27mpg that went to 24mpg at 1800 miles ,I took it to the dealership with my complaint, they performed a ecu logic update now I get 22mpg@2400 miles.This to me is nowheres near the 29mpg that they claim for highway .
  • You are exactly right. My front left axle came loose. I had it fixed and about 4 weeks later this happened again. Any idea if they had a recall or anything with this????(Getting expensive :sick: ) Also, it happened both times about 1 Mile from work. Our parking lot is fairly slanted and laid out so I park with the left side uphill. Any idea if this could trigger the problem?
  • Sorry, I didn't know what a TSB was. I'll have to look into it. Thank you for your help.
  • Since my visit for the bushing and the rattle the car has been great! In moderate traffic commuting I am getting about 28-30mpg, in wide open driving I am getting about 32-33MPG. The dealer was fantastic and I am happy with the car. My only remaining concern is a soft oil smell when I'm in traffic. My levels are fine and I see no leaks. Could it be an exhaust leak? Otherwise very happy. :shades:
  • I started experiencing the same problem with my 2003 sedan a few months after I bought it new.The dealership was notified on a number of occasions but nothing was ever found.The rattle sound occurs during acceleration and is much worse in the summer months. If I push the accelerator down all the way it seems to stop the rattle.Higher octane gas helps a little but it is still there.Personally,I think it's the timing chain as the sound comes from the upper passenger side.