Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Buy accessories aftermarket or dealer install on a lease?

jbl140jbl140 Member Posts: 18
edited March 2015 in Acura
I am looking to lease an RDX AWD w/Tech this weekend and have received some reasonable quotes ($36.5K) for the vehicle, but the accessories I want seem crazy expensive!

1st quote
Body side moldings- $339 (MSRP: $259)
Trailer hitch w/inst. - $759 (MSRP: $519 hitch+attachment)
All season protection package II- $496 (MSRP: $353)

2nd quote
Trailer hitch w/inst. - $834 (MSRP: $370 hitch + $149 attachment)
Cargo tray - $135 (MSRP: $135)
Rear seat cover - $336.50 (MSRP: $249)
Floor mats - $160
Cargo cover - $152

I have seen people buying Weathertec or OEM mats online and self installing but if I am going to lease car for 3 years, isn't it better to roll in accessory cost into lease, perhaps get a discount and only pay for depreciation?

I can live without body side moldings but definitely would like back seat cover, mats, tray and hitch. Can I negotiate all four within say, $700-800?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    tomas1614tomas1614 Member Posts: 5
    edited August 2015
    I believe you should further analyze WHY you are leasing? If you want to customize a car, in my opinion, you should buy it.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,228
    You aren't going to get any sort of discount on those items, and they won't be added to the MSRP, so you won't benefit from residualizing them, either.

So, get them wherever is the cheapest..

You might ask the dealer if they can residualize the trailer hitch.. It won't be nearly as much as the cost, if they can, but it might save you a little bit.

(no one puts body side moldings on, still.. do they?)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,319
    Probably a little late to be weighing in ... the original post was from March. OP has probably made his/her decision already

:smile:

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4