Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda6 Maintenance and Repair

1888990919294»

Comments

• 2009, it's time for a new battery.
    Mazda does have a small discharge as you'll notice something flashing on your dash. 5 days is a long time without starting. Your battery should also be wrapped in insulation to keep the heat off and keep the cold off. I also installed a small 120 ma solar panel on mine (mounted to visor). Between the 2 it has been working great. I also suggest adding extra ground wires from the negative terminal of the battery to the following: engine block, car body, tranny (if automatic), throttle body. Mazda original wires are minimal.
  • I have a 2009 Mazda 6I Grand Touring edition and I am experiencing issues with the auxiliary input. When I select AUX, it tries to switch over but almost immediately goes to FM instead. I have my tablet connected and consistently use it to play music. (I don't really use the BT connection because it drops at times without warning and will take a minute or two to reconnect whereas the AUX connection is far more stable.) It used to happen very sporadically and when I called customer service I was told to restart the car but was never given an explanation why this was happening. Restarting the car does fix the problem but its happening with greater frequency and its an inconvenience if I'm already on the expressway when I notice the problem. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening and how I can fix it? I'm over 93k miles so its not covered under the warranty.
  • jmaxejmaxe Posts: 198
    Took a test drive of the Grand Touring this weekend. First time in a Mazda as I'm basically an Accord guy. The salesman mentioned that there is "no scheduled service" required. I believe he was referring to the 30,60,90k schedule of most mfgrs.
    How can that be?
  • I've driven two models of the 2014 Mazda 6 along with others in this segment.
    While asking a woman at my office about her Nissan Altima 2.5 I mentioned the 2014 Mazda 6. She laughed and told me of her Husband’s Mazda that started rusting out a few years after they bought it. Now it has holes all over it.
    I research Mazda's rusting on the web and it is wide spread across the model line and not just the old Protege's either. Read the reviews and find hundreds of owners who say Mazda did not fix the rust issues and they will never buy another one.
    Mazda forums say to have your car rust proofed every year if you live in the salt belt.
    Damn shame about the 2014 Mazda 6 as I would buy this car on every other merit.
  • Well the 626 was over 10 years old and has 200,000 miles on it. Yes thay issues with the Mazda 3's but have long since addressed corrosion issues.
  • I' have researched this quite a bit and you are correct there are no lomger rust issues with later models. Being a former GM guy and living in the great white north (salt belt) this is a genuine concern.
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright CaliforniaPosts: 45,013
    edited March 2013
    Maybe $80 -$90 for the pair. Keep in mind though that the tint is applied to the inside of the windows, so anything that can scratch that surface, like a dog's paws, or a seat belt snapping against it, etc, or anything you load in the back that might touch the film--that'll all damage the tint.

MODERATOR --Need help with anything? Click on my name!

• Greetings. Time to replace Michelin original tires at 39K, they are shot. Looking for recommendations as I have to buy tires like now.... I have basic service done at local Firestone no Mazda dealer in town. They are recommending Firestone Firehawk P215/55R17 (50K mileage) or Bridgestone Ecopia (65K mileage), price is $789+ for Firestones, $817+ for Bridgestone before any coupon or discount. I'm on the road quite a bit, especially in fall months, living in Middle Tennessee, not much snow or ice. Car is in great shape, keeping it for at least 3 more years. Would appreciate any thoughts or recommendations very much! Thanks. JazzerMP
  • microrepairmicrorepair Eastern MassachusettsPosts: 508
    You might try checking out Yokohama tires as replacements. I've used them in the past and just purchased two for my Mazda5. They are somewhat cheaper than Michelin and my experience has been that they are as good as Michelin in performance and mileage.
  • Thanks very much. I bought a set of the Bridgestone Ecopia (probably spelling that wrong) yesterday - several long trips coming up. We'll see how they do.....
  • DO anybody know what I can do about my check oil light????
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright CaliforniaPosts: 45,013

This topic has been a bit sleepy for while. Tell us more about your problem, with some details.

MODERATOR --Need help with anything? Click on my name!

• PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 5,890

@mazdageek90 said: DO anybody know what I can do about my check oil light????

A few more details would help since I can only assume that you've checked the oil level and it appears to be OK?

Need help navigating? pf_flyer@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews