Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Mazda6 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• i am glad is working for you and i wish i was a handy man as that would save me hundreds if not thousands in the long run.

perhaps if i was that good at stuff i wouldn't fear to buy the Mazda 6 as i could perhaps know what could be wrong.

I will see and let you all know. I figured i would post my experiece, so that others may benefit, specially if considering mazdas.

Also to confirm, they had a 2014 and were test driving it already as of wednesday, so i figure that they are getting more. Many dealers have at least 3-5 of them.

With the Mazda 6 florida plant, i read it in cars.com, but, may be they have something else, again, is a nice looking car even the 2013, specially in red, but i still don't know why not more would go for it.

i know the reliability, resale value and fuel economy play a big part, but i am sure with the extra heavy discounts they should come still cheaper.
  • m6userm6user Posts: 2,896
    I have a 2007 Mazda6 that just turned over 91k and it total repairs == 0$. Both minor items were fixed by the dealer during oil changes with no charge. Just a talipipe hanger and a visor screw. Car has been perfect. I will be looking at the 2014s to replace as we want to keep it another year but if I was going to replace right now I would be looking at a sweet deal on a 2013. Check Consumer Reports...the newer Mazda6 has very good reliablility ratings if I remember correctly.

One thing I've also noticed about Mazda is that you don't usually have any problem achieving the estimated MPG numbers. Not so with some other cars.
  • I am sure, there are many cars hat are just as good. what doesn't help me is prior experiences. by the way the manager from the easton, pa mazda just called me to try to "earn my business" i mentioned to him that i had the offer from the MD dealer and they said no problem will match it. I am going crazy, i do want the accord, that's the only car i wanted (at some point the altima, but was ruled out in a couple of months), but now the dilemma, because is obvious that a Mazda 6 will be cheaper and perhaps, just as good, or so i hope for the first 90k.
  • I drove the 2014 Grand Touring Mazda6 the other day. Summary: Handling was good but not razor-sharp; Ride was better than expected, especially given the 19" wheels; Acceleration was better than expected; Noise suppression was excellent; Rear-seat and trunk room was generous. Steering felt good. In short, I didn't see any weaknesses but a lot of strengths. I'm using competitors such as Camry, Altima, Accord, Sonata and Fusion 4-cyls for comparison.

Since it was a test drive I didn't try many of the tech features, nor could I measure milage, obviously. The car didn't have a price sticker yet and wasn't for sale. Prices have now been posted online here and elsewhere.
  • Go buy the Honda Accord that you have always wanted!!!!
    No other car, even if built by angels, will be good enough for you, PERIOD.
    Go by the ACCORD,,,,and bye,,,,
  • jkobty2jkobty2 Posts: 210
    Does anyone know if the new mazda 6 will be imported from Japan or still made in Michigan?
    I have the 2009 mazda6 GTI bought in 2008. Zero problems to date. I am enjoying the fact that all of the maintenance parts so far are shared with Ford because that makes them cheap and readily available. Will the new mazda 6 have shared components like that or is mazda going back to pure japanese parts? Will the new mazda6 cost us more to maintain?
  • otis12otis12 Posts: 160
    The 2014 Mazda6 is being imported from Japan. Since I want all the goodies, such as xenons, the Grand Touring would be the Mazda6 for me. But $30,000 MSRP??!! For roughly the same money, I could get a fully loaded Nissan Altima SL with the V6 engine.
  • Yes, for roughly the same money you could get a loaded Altima sl with the v6 engine. But that would mean you have a loaded Altima sl w/ a v6 engine. Maybe you consider that superior to a loaded Mazda6; I don't.
    I would prefer to have the better handling, larger, more fun to drive car that gets better gas mileage (due to Skyactiv tech), but maybe that's just me.
  • I will, I test drove the Accord and made my decision so much easier. I will stick w my original decision. Again my solely dessire was to share with this forum so that those who were looking for this specific car would have an idea in pricing when looking for the 2013 model. Again it was $16, 857 OTD For the 2013 isport model automatic in red. Either the fitzmall in MD or the one in Easton PA would go for this price. And since is such a great car, people will be lining up to the street to get it...
  • otis12otis12 Posts: 160
    edited January 2013
    I don't consider either car to be superior to the other, nor have I previously owned a Mazda or Nissan. I'm cross-shopping the Mazda6 Grand Touring and Altima SL. I consider the Altima's V6 an advantage over the 4 in the Mazda 6, and its CVT to be a detriment compared to the Mazda 6's automaric. Any other insight is welcomed. Is the Mazda 6 larger than the Altima?
  • Thanks for the OTD price on the 2013 sport auto. Do you know what the price before taxes/reg/docs was? I'd like to know cause the tax rate for each state is different.

Also, anybody in California get a good deal on a 2013 sport?
  • jkobty2jkobty2 Posts: 210
    Damn, that is pricey. It will probably be a better build quality car than the current Mazda 6. But 30,000 is steep. We got my wife's 2010 Acura TL at the end of the 2010 model year for similar money. I have found there is always a pet peeve with every car. In the Nissan's it is the CVT, with Honda or Acura V6 it is the engine still uses a timing belt, expensive maintenance if you intend to keep the car, but it is less annoying than a CVT. The best combination powertrain is the Acura TSX 2.4L with the 5 speed auto. I understand the new Honda Accord 4 cyl is also mated to a CVT. So pick what you can live with until someone makes the perfect car :)
  • Yes. $15, 121 was the car price
  • ashjawashjaw Posts: 8
    mvperez4jesus-can you share the name of the dealer who you worked w/ to get this price? I am interested in 2013 Mazda 6 auto isport trim w/ no options and the best price I got from fitzmall was $16400 (not including Tax, title and tags). I presume you got the auto isport as well?
  • Also to confirm. It is the sport no options but automatic.
  • ashjawashjaw Posts: 8
    They told me that they had discounted only one because it was sitting on the lot for a while. they chose not to discount the others...which didnt make sense to me. I will try young mazda in easton so see if they are willing to make a deal at a lower price. BTW, did your price also include the $500 mazda loyalty? and would you recommend young mazda?
  • Sorry I forgot. My price didn't include the Loyalty discount, and I had the price breakdown indicating that it wasn't included if not it would have been even better.
  • aviboy97aviboy97 Posts: 3,159
    But $30,000 MSRP??!! For roughly the same money, I could get a fully loaded Nissan Altima SL with the V6 engine.

Most every other 4 cyl competitor in the segment hits the $30K mark too, including the Altima, Accord, Camry, Passat and Fusion. Yes, the Altima 2.5 SL with tech package goes over $30K MSRP....we are comparing MSRP's here, not sale prices or year-end discounted vehicles....
  • You aren't comparing apples to apples, like you think you are.

The 2.5L 4-cyl is a Skyactiv engine. It gets V-6 performance with hybrid-or-better mileage numbers, without those batteries that are so bad for the environment.

Note: the 2014 doesn't even have a 6 cyl option anymore.

The 2.0l 4-cyl performs like the old 2.5l 4-cyl, but with better mileage.
    The 2.5l 4-cyl performs like the old 6-cyl, but with extremely better mileage.

And the Mazda6 has traditionally been bigger than the Altima, but I admit I haven't compared the most recent models.

And while the Altima gets high marks for "fun to drive", usually equal to the Mazda6, I still think there is a slight difference in feel, and the Mazda6 suits me much better, and so is, hands down, the better car for me.

I still have a 2010, still love it enough I wouldn't trade it for a 2014 Altima straight up.
  • pegasus17pegasus17 Posts: 536
    what do you base your statement on?

"The 2.5l 4-cyl performs like the old 6-cyl, but with extremely better mileage."

u can't be serious?