Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Mazda6 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

1112113114115116118»

Comments

• drjjjjdrjjjj Posts: 14
    edited October 2013
    Integrated exhaust-no thanks, sky high fuel pressure and related fuel component prices down the road and carbon build up issues! Good looking car but... No turbo or CVT for me either!
  • I was searching for used Mazda 6's from the 2010-2013 model year and I stumbled upon new 2013 Mazda 6's still in dealer inventory. I was looking at i and s grand touring. range in price from msrp $28-$32. i was surprised the msrp on the i and s are very similar. there are 3 s grand touring and 6 i grand touring within 250 mi of me. these have been sitting around for quite a while. i was searching previously on this thread that some were getting $10K off msrp earlier this year. what could i get now??
  • igozoomzoomigozoomzoom Waleska, GeorgiaPosts: 790
    The difference between the ‘I’ and ‘s’ Grand Touring base price is only $2,240 ($29,990 vs. $27,750). If you add the $2000 NAV option to the ‘I’, it’s almost the same exact price as an ‘s’ without NAV.

The V6 engine and 6-speed Automatic are really the only difference between the two.

I recommend that “Technology Package” on either model. It includes- Mazda Advanced Keyless Entry System (smart key), Push-button Start, Driver’s Seat Memory, Power Passenger Seat, Auto on/off Xenon headlights, Auto-dimming Homelink Rearview Mirror, Rain-sensing wipers, Heated outside mirrors, LED tail lights and SIRIUS satellite radio w/ 4-month free trial.

The NAV system is a matter of personal preference, but I wasn’t very impressed with it when I bought my 2012 CX-9 last year (same NAV system). I didn’t think it was worth $2k. But the 3.7L V6 and Aisin 6-speed AT are a SWEET combination!

I’m still seeing up to $8k off MSRP on leftover 2013 models, so I’d shoot for at least that. They’ve been sitting on the lot for a long time and the dealers are motivated to move them, so I suggest starting out at $9k under sticker and going from there…..

Good luck….btw, even though the Tech Package has a lot of awesome features, I wouldn’t let the lack of it cause me to pass over a great deal!
  • Thanks for the info. Yeah the tech package is nice for the memory seats and passenger power seat, but not a requirement for me. I prefer the Grand Touring for the leather, Bose stereo, power seat and that all comes in the base model Grand Touring. As far as NAV, I have a cell phone that does all that for me. But, many of the Grand Touring models come fully loaded with tech and nav. I have driven the 4 cyl but never the 6. I am sure I would loooove the 6, but I do drive a lot and mileage worries me. What is the quality of the leather? Also, do you know if all of these are 50 state/CA emission certified? I am in CA. There are less than 20 Grand Tourings in my area. I see many more in Texas.
    edited October 2013
    After reviewing the standard features on both 2013 Mazda6 Grand Touring models, I agree with you that the Technology Package is nice but not a deal-breaker. Mazda confuses me sometimes with which features they make standard and which are optional. For example, on my 2012 CX-9 GT with a base price of almost $35k, the Bose audio system and Power Moonroof weren’t standard. Those two features cost an extra $2255!

But on the 2013 Mazda6 Grand Touring, the Bose 10-speaker audio and Power Moonroof are standard…as well as Heated Leather Seats, Dual-zone Climate Control and Rearview Camera. I’m a huge fan of the Blind Spot Monitor (BSM) on my CX-9 and it is standard on the Mazda6 Touring Plus and higher models. For 2013, the 18” wheels from the ‘s’ Grand Touring were also made standard on the 4-cylinder ‘i’ Grand Touring.

I looked back at Consumer Reports fuel economy figures for an i Sport (2.5L/5AT) and s Grand Touring (3.7L/6AT). The difference is pretty substantial (24mpg vs. 20mpg overall) with the main difference being in actual highway mileage. The 4-cylinder still has more than sufficient power, so you’re probably wise to stick with the i GT.

I’ve only driven a 2013 Mazda6 with Black Leather (a loaner while my CX-9 was having a headlight assembly replaced under warranty). The look and feel were on par with my CX-9 and, in my opinion, better than my dad’s 2010 Accord and the Altimas and Camrys I’ve rented with leather over the last few years. The assembly quality and quality of other interior materials was also impressive.

Because the 2014 models went on sale in January, remaining 2013 models are scarce (as you’ve mentioned). Most of the ones you’ll find have the Tech Pkg and NAV and their $32-$34k MSRP is the reason they’re sitting unsold.

As for meeting CA emissions- it looks like cars for the following states have the ULEV Emissions:
    CA, CT, MA, MD, ME, NJ, NM, NY, OR, PA, RI, VT, WA.

If you aren’t able to find a new 2013 that fits the bill, there’s always Mazda CPO used models to consider. The 2011 was slightly revised/updated with new headlight & fog light designs and new 17” alloys. The main interior updates were a new steering wheel design, upgraded instrument panel and premium interior trim. The rearview camera was also added to GT models. So I’d look for a 2011 or newer model if I went with a CPO!

Good luck and hope this info helps! Post here to let me know how things work out for you!
  • Thanks for all the info. Is rear backup camera standard on all Grand Touring 6's after 2011? I do like the fact for 13 that they put the 18 " wheels on the iGT. They look real nice. Damn its too bad it isn't 50 state compliant for emissions. That limits my choices for what is left of the 2013. I have been looking at used 2011 and newer. Seems like CPO asking is close to what $8 or $9k off msrp of new one would be, but that is asking.
    Yes, all 2011-2013 Grand Touring models have the backup camera.

I'm not sure where you're located in California, but I did some searching in the Los Angeles area. I found a sharp 2013 Mazda6 i Grand Touring with 5764 miles on it, CPO, Silver/Black Leather and Rear Spoiler. It doesn't have the Tech Pkg or NAV and it's priced at $21,288. It's at Mazda of Puente Hills located in City of Industry. (I was actually using my cousin's zip code in Woodland Hills when I found it).

Being a CPO, you'd get the balance of the 3-year/36k Limited Warranty, then an additional 1-year/12k CPO Limited Warranty. The Powertrain Warranty would cover 7-year/100k from original date of sale.

It looks brand new....just thought you might want to check it out.
  • Thank you. I am actually in the SF Bay Area. According to Mazda's site there are 9 2013 iGT within 250 mi of me. I will see how low a few of these dealers are willing to go.
    I thought you might find the following information useful-

Links to the Mazda Media Website-

2011 Mazda6- http://www.mazdausamedia.com/index.php?s=31676&item=1028#assets_71:319

2012 Mazda6- http://www.mazdausamedia.com/index.php?s=31676&item=974

2013 Mazda6- http://www.mazdausamedia.com/index.php?s=31676&item=1062

The link will take you the first page with the official Press Release for that year model. It summarizes any changes or updates but also includes lots of marketing “fluff”.

There are two other tabs for each model year- Photos and Documents. The Photos tab contains lots of high-resolution photos, inside and out and in a variety of colors. But the really useful information is found on the Documents tab. You’ll find two (2) PDFs on that tab, one called SPECIFICATIONS and the other PRICING. SPECIFICATIONS is usually 8-11 pages long and itemizes every minute detail change compared to the previous model year, then it has charts to indicates which features are standard and which are optional on each trim level. PRICING is just a one-pager with a listing of every trim level available and its MSRP, all factory options/packages and prices, and all ‘accessories’ that can be included on the car from the factory (which are otherwise available from the dealer). It also details the contents of all Option Packages.

I’ve always found the info VERY useful, especially since Mazda changed the content or trim levels on the 2009-2013 Mazda6 EVERY YEAR (literally)!
    I was kinda curious about the remaining 2013s that you're looking at within 250 miles of SF, so I decided to do a search and check them out.

The one that caught my eye as a potential great deal was the 2013 'i' Grand Touring, Steel Blue w/ Black Leather and the only option is the Rear Wing Spoiler. The Sticker Price is $28,980 (since it doesn't have the Tech Pkg or NAV), so it could end up selling for around $22k or so....

I also ran across a NEW 2012 'i' Grand Touring that could also be a great deal. It is Black w/ Black Leather and it has the Tech Pkg and NAV. It has a Sticker Price of $31,890, but it's been sitting there for at least 18 months and, regardless of physical age, it's TWO MODEL YEARS OLD and it will be THREE MODEL YEARS old within the next month or two when the 2015 models are released!

As a Used Car, the 2012 with the same features, in Outstanding/Excellent Condition and with ZERO/ONE mile, the Suggested Retail Price ranges from $22,633 to $23,920. I priced it on Edmunds, KBB, ClearBook (on TrueCar) and NADA. So the Sticker Price or the Dealer's Invoice price are largely irrelevant to the amount you should pay for the car! The moment you drive off the lot, it will be a USED 2012 Mazda6 and worth no more then $23,900 (at most). So negotiate from that standpoint if you end up considering this 2012 model.

BTW, the Steel Blue 2013 is at Razzari Mazda in Merced, CA and the Black 2012 is at AutoNation Mazda of Roseville in Roseville, CA.
  • If you are a parent of young children (at least one under 12 years old) who owns a 2014 Mazda 6, a reporter would like for you to fill out a survey, due by December 13, 2013, for use in a print publication. Please email PR@edmunds.com no later than Wednesday, December 11, for a copy of the survey.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.