Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Mazda6 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• m6userm6user Member Posts: 3,181
    Just bought new 2007 mazda6 i4 VE auto $16595 plus TTL. Dealer in Chicago area has advertised this price and I took the ad to a Mazda dealer near me and they matched it. Took maybe 5 minutes. They are detailing it now, will pick up later tonight. I have enjoyed the forums on the Mazda6 and plan to contribute.
  • jfritschjfritsch Member Posts: 958
    What was the sticker msrp on this vehicle?

thanx
    --jjf

Just bought new 2007 mazda6 i4 VE auto $16595 plus TTL. Dealer in Chicago area has advertised this price and I took the ad to a Mazda dealer near me and they matched it. Took maybe 5 minutes. They are detailing it now, will pick up later tonight. I have enjoyed the forums on the Mazda6 and plan to contribute.
    MSRP was $21,125
  • aviboy97aviboy97 Member Posts: 3,159
    The Mazda6 Sport Value Edition was such a hit for Mazda. They really give you a lot of car for the money. As a dealer, we loved to show customers the value in the vehicle. Congrads on your new Mazda6, welcome to the club. I'm sure you will enjoy it for years to come!
  • jeffyscottjeffyscott Member Posts: 3,855
    As a dealer, we loved to show customers the value in the vehicle.

What I wonder is how you got anyone to buy the base model, when the price difference was so small vs. the Sport Value?
  • aviboy97aviboy97 Member Posts: 3,159
    Well, we really don't stock the Sport model. I think we only had 2 or 3 all year.
    Sure but you still had to sell those few, right? Did you use them as loss leaders in ads? Such as when I bought my SVE and the dealer had advertised a price of $14,595 for the base model with manual.

I can't imagine anyone not putting up the extra $500 or so invoice price difference to get the value over the base.
    Just saw an ad by a large Mazda dealer in Chicago and the price advertised for the 6i VE auto went up about $630. They were advertising and selling at 16,595 with a sticker of 21,225. Now they are advertising 17,225. The rebate of 1750 is the same and was just renewed until Oct something. Since it's the end of year, does anybody know why the price has risen instead of going down?
    Why an individual dealer out of 700 would advertise a higher price than he did last week or month for a car is anyone's guess. Perhaps the ads are more successful in his area than he originally thought etc...

--jjf

Just saw an ad by a large Mazda dealer in Chicago and the price advertised for the 6i VE auto went up about $630. They were advertising and selling at 16,595 with a sticker of 21,225. Now they are advertising 17,225. The rebate of 1750 is the same and was just renewed until Oct something. Since it's the end of year, does anybody know why the price has risen instead of going down?
    I just found it kind of strange because in Jan/Feb he was advertising 15995, then changed to 16,495 in May, then 16,595 in July and now 17,225 in Sept for the same 6i VE auto.
    I guess this just shows there is no guarantee that the best prices come at the end of the model year...even if that is usually the case. I have noticed the same thing in Milwaukee area, the lowest prices advertised were around Jan/Feb.

I did not really expect to get the price I did at the time I did (end of Jan), figured I'd have to wait until at least May/June to get to $16,000.
    Yeah, I was looking back then but wanted to visit the auto show first. I did and then started visiting lots and driving cars. When I got around to visiting the dealer I'm talking about they had just raised their ad price from 15,995 to 16,495. The salesman said it was because Mazda changed their rebate amount by 500. Not sure if that was the case or not as I wasn't tracking things that closely then. I bought late August and got for 16,500.

You got the better deal, congrats. Was it Darrow Mazda? I see them advertising aggresively in Milwaukee papers. I do a lot of work up your way and was looking up there as well. Last vehicle I bought was a 2003 Tundra from Wilde. Still have it but the Mazda6 is my run around/commute vehicle now.
    Yeah, it was Darrow...they had an ad at around $14,600 for base model at the time I bought. I had not wanted to buy from Darrow, but they made me an offer I could not refuse :) . I thought, there was a chance I might get to $16K, if the auto show rebate was $1000, but I did not know if that would be the case and if it wasn't I was guessing I might be waiting until summer. Darrow gave me the price early, so I took the sure thing.

During the auto show another dealer, where I had test driven a few times (Hall), did have an ad at my $15,995 price. I had gave Hall every opportunity to at least come close to Darrow, but they could not do it at the time.

I think there was an extra $1000 rebate in Milwaukeee and Chicago areas during the respective auto shows.

$16,500 is still a very good price for this car.
    Assuming one wasn't for left over 06 models, perhaps the stock cleared out faster than he supposed, and now he has just a few left. Or a significant dealer volume incentive ceased. Hard to tell.

--jjf

just found it kind of strange because in Jan/Feb he was advertising 15995, then changed to 16,495 in May, then 16,595 in July and now 17,225 in Sept for the same 6i VE auto.
    No, it was 2007 model and as of about three weeks ago still had a ton of the 6i VE auto models on his lot. That's why I was just wondering why the sudden price increase after advertising substantially lower all year and just when you expect prices to drop, they rose. Probably just one of those mysteries that only the "sales manager can solve".
  • dsiriasdsirias Member Posts: 34
    The Mazda6 I want is listed on Mazda USA's website as being at the local dealer and mazda customer service told me their records show that it was delivered to the dealer on the 10th. Dealer says it has not been delivered by the trucking company yet. He says he'll be watching out for it's arrival. Is this common, that the car is not actually delivered to dealer at the time stated by MazdaUSA?
  • moparbadmoparbad Member Posts: 3,870
    The online inventory is best to be verified by a phone call to dealer. Sometimes they are correct and sometimes not.
  • dsiriasdsirias Member Posts: 34
    10 days after the purported delivery date. I'll remember that if I ever order a car again. I paid invoice which 23,100+, which included 300 some odd dollars for the iPod integration module and 200 transport fee above the destination charge, less the 1750 rebate. That 200 transport fee was BS in my opinion, but I was not going to quibble. It's not like dealer made much money on this car. All in all a win win--Mazda sold a car it would not have but for my order, dealer made a few bucs acting as broker, and I got the only 6i manual GT 5 door in CA, as far as I can tell. I'm very impressed with the car thus far, especially the MPG.
  • carguy58carguy58 Member Posts: 2,303
    I purchased a 2007 Mazda 6i sport value edition 2-3 weeks ago at Crystal Auto Mall(Mazda, Toyota/Scion)in Green Brook, NJ.

Here's the price breakdown:

17,797 total negotiated price(includes 1,750 factory rebate)

19,695 total price(sales tax, lic plates, tags, processing fee, etc.)

22,295 MSRP.

The invoice on the car I believe on the car was 19,884.

It was the best buying experience I ever had just negotiated the price over the phone. I had bought from this dealer before 10 years prior on a 1998 Mazda 626. I ironically test drove the model I bought too on my latest Mazda purchase.
  • loco00loco00 Member Posts: 2
    I need opinions on these deals. It's for a Mazda 6i Grand Touring, 2007 edition. It's got moonroof/bose sound and ur usual GT stuff.

Buying Option
    MSRP is $24725+fees
    Dealer price is $21214+fees
    Out the door price is $23,412(incl. tax, fees)

Leasing Option
    21214 as Cap
    Money factor-0.00113
    Acquisition fee - $595
    Residual-51% ($12609)
    No Security Deposit
    Monthly payment is $270+tax
    Lease is for 36 months and $0 down.

I am leaning towards the leasing option because I'm a little tight on money but need a car. I can afford to wait till beginning of December for a better deal but not sure if I should. I'm a little concerned that the residual is a little low but the money factor is really low as well. Not sure if I'll buy the car after 36months.

Any input would be great
    Decent deal on a GT. Dealers were not willing to discount the GT as much as the VE and Touring models when I researched earlier this year.

Looking at your numbers the lease is a better option.
    I just checked the rebate and $2500 is the current rebate on Mazda6 so $4000 off MSRP is the amount I would want to meet or beat.
  • loco00loco00 Member Posts: 2
    They had $2000 cash rebate or low APR financing and I did the math and it turns out low APR was a better deal for me. If I had taken the cash rebate, it'd be 18,214 but I don't think they'll use that as a cap for lease.

Is there any way to negotiate on the lease?
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    It's Tuesday, so that means it's time for our weekly chat session. Meet and greet with some of your CarSpace forums friends and chat about your favorite cars!

The Mazda Club Chat is on tonight. The chat room opens at 8:45PM ET Hope to see YOU there! Check out the schedule
  • riswami1riswami1 Member Posts: 33
    I just purchased an 07 with the 2.3 and the automatic. Paid 17,605 after the 2,000 rebate. My calculations put this figure slightly below invoice. I'm happy with the price.
    Edmunds indicates that the current rebate is $2500 (at least for my area).
  • riswami1riswami1 Member Posts: 33
    I live in Rhode Island. edmunds is showing a 2,000 rebate.
  • prestont99prestont99 Member Posts: 2
    Their offer is:
    New 07 M6 Wagon, V6 auto, silver, MSRP $24,890; after $3500 rebates, their offer is $19,995. What does anyone think? Should I be able to get it for less since we're well into 08 and it's their last one? Thanks for your advice.

Considering passing this up and waiting for 09 ToyVenza, though I know it will be a lot more expensive. (Please don't yell at me for considering a Toy! LOL.)
  • sandman46sandman46 Member Posts: 1,798
    Is Mazda coming out with an '08 model or are they done with the wagon? Think I read somewhere that the new '09 model won't have a station wagon in the lineup anymore. But I could be wrong about this. Personally, I think the new Toyota will be pricey and a bit hard to come by in it's 1st few months on the market, so if you really need a decent priced wagon now, I'd go for it.

The Sandman :)
  • mz6greyghostmz6greyghost Member Posts: 1,230
    Not a bad deal. You MAY be able to go a little lower though.
    No wagon for 2008. No Mazdaspeed6 for 2008. Hatch and Sedan are the carryovers for 2008 and 2008 is scheduled to be an abbreviated model year, although recent buzz indicates that 2009 Mazda6 is not starting manufacturing in April 2008 as it was originally expected.
  • crvexcrvex Member Posts: 23
    auto. with sunroof.
    the dealer says the best he can do is $20.8K minus the $2k rebate.
    is that a ok price or i should just walk away
    It is a decent price. Not great. I'd walk away due to the 6 being in it's last year before the new design and also since there were fantastic deals on the 2007's.
    If you plan on keeping the car until the wheels fall off resale value won't be a major factor.
    If the 2007's had not been so heavily discounted I'd say the price is fine.
  • bigbutrbigbutr Member Posts: 111
    Looking at a 2007 6i Sport Value Edition with 237 miles. Only added option was $40 wheel locks. Sticker is $21,275, but they're trying to get rid of it, so its being offered for $14,990 after my trade in of a 1996 Chevy Beretta 2D with automatic and just a smidge under 90000 miles. (I'm sure that really brought the price down)
    Initially they offered it to me for $13,490, but after coming back from driving it, they said they'd made a mistake and said it should have been the $14,990 offer. I still think it's a pretty good deal, but want to know if I should dicker a little more.
    They do have a 6i SVE with the V6 that stickers at just over $24k that's been reduced to $17,990, but I didn't need the bigger engine and other stuff.
    Thanks for any replies.
    Steve
    Panama City, Florida
    The mazda6 07 sold for about 5000 off msrp a few months ago. I assume your car was a beater, So you have about a 5600+ off deal which for 2007 is OK. Nothing to get super excited over so if you aren't sold on the car go for it.

Good luck
    --jjf
  • bigbutrbigbutr Member Posts: 111
    Thanks.
    I'm not really crazy about it since I would rather lease an 08, but this specific dealership is in the process of being sold and the new owner doesn't want a lot of inventory, so the current owners aren't ordering any 08s.
    I get where I think about getting a new car each year about this time. It sure is nice to have a reliable car and no payments. I mean, come on, who do you know that has a 12-year old car that still hasn't hit 90,000 miles yet and still gives around 26 mpg?
    But just two doors with a small child really blows. I appreciate your reply.
    Steve
  • crvexcrvex Member Posts: 23
    this 5000 off msrp of 07 model will make the resale value of all mazda6 worse.

I think i should wait until apr. to see similar discount for the 08 models.
    I'd trade in for the added safety of the 6. If not for yourself, for your child.
    12 years has resulted in tremendous advances in safety.

I've never had an at fault accident in 20+ years of driving and yet that did not stop a semi from making a left turn in front of me while I was traveling 50 mph.

Get the 6.
  • ryan79ryan79 Member Posts: 10
    Now that 2008's have been out a while and it's coming up on the 3rd month of '08 -- I'm sure dealers are trying to get those '07's out.
    I'm about to start my negotiatin process with dealers all over.. There is currently a 3500 rebate. I'm thinking I'll shoot for invoice minus the rebate.
    Any thoughts or suggestions? I'm banking on dealers considering they are losing money having the car just sit on their lot.. so little to no profit is better then in still being there.
    They should be very happy with an offer like that on an '07...I'd be surprised if you would have to do any negotiating to get it.
    I'd start at 4500 under invoice and shoot for 4000 under. That car will be two years old in a few months and when you drive it off the lot it will be an almost two yr old used car.
  • prestont99prestont99 Member Posts: 2
    So I guess I would ask, where's the easiest place to figure out what invoice is? Edmunds doesn't show the 07's anymore...
    Cars.com has that info available. I just checked.
    Well to help anyone else out there right now looking -- I'm at $18,300 for a 2007 Mazda 6 S Value Edition. Good luck.
  • kernickkernick Member Posts: 4,072
    I just picked up this new vehicle (54 miles) for $22,100. (MSRP = $28,695). That's with a $4,000 rebate here in my area.
    There is no sales tax in my state, but I think the registration is gong to cost me about $700.
    That price was out-the-door, including all fees, so I'm rather happy. BTW - the Bose stereo is great!
    Pass. Your vehicle is almost 2 years old. The used wholesale of an 07 6 msrp 21000 is about $14000. The price you are looking for on the 07 is around 16000 max new. You may be able to work a 18000 or less deal on an 08.

Good luck
    --jjf

l to hWelelp anyone else out there right now looking -- I'm at $18,300 for a 2007 Mazda 6 S Value Edition. Good luck.
    What should be and what is reality can be very different. Do you really think that a dealer is going to sell a "new" MazsdaSpeed6 that stickers at $28695 for $16000. That will never happen. They would rather piece it out than give it away like that. I think he got a decent deal on the car.
    You should be able to get a 2007 I4 VE auto for about $15500 and an 08 for about $16500-17000.
    He was responding to the post with $18,300 for Mazda6 s, not the speed 6.

However, I think he is mistaken about the 6s deal, MSRP is not $21K as that was about the MSRP of the Mazda6 i VE. The Mazda6 s MSRP is about $2000 higher than the i.
    Yeah that's the MSRP of an i.. The MSRP on the car I purchased for 18,300 was 24,300 or so..
    Sorry, jfritsch, I thought you were replying to the post immediately before yours. Thanks jeffyscott for illuminating.