Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Mazda6 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• baggs32baggs32 Posts: 3,209
    According to the invoice we were shown for our Mazda6 the S-Plan price was slightly below the dealer invoice.

That surprised me because the X-Plan price on the Focus SVT I was looking at, and on our Escape were slightly higher than the dealer invoice.

I don't know if that is standard across the board.
  • I read somewhere that there is a $2500 cash rebate for 2003 Mazda6. Any truth to that?
    Also, am I insane to think that I might be able to buy a 6i sedan with manual transmission, ABS and Side Impact Airbags under $18000 in Houston, TX?
  • rampedramped Posts: 358
    The 03 MZ6 had a $2,500 rebate over the holidays and if there are new ones on the lot, they probably still have the rebate.

However, I would never consider buying a new 03 now. The 05s are going to be out in a couple of months, and there is no way a dealer can take enough off the price of a new 03 car to make this worth while for you. The depreciation the day you drive it off the lot will be staggering.

The only way I would buy an 03 now is used.
  • thanks for the advice against buying a new 2003, ramped.
    hadn't thought of that.
  • You really think the 05's will be out by July?
    Rich (audia8), who is a Mazda salesman, would know a lot more about the 05 introduction date. I was just ballparking a couple of posts above. I would guess the 05s will hit the ground in August or September at the latest. You out there, Rich?
  • hboydhboyd Posts: 98
    Mazda usually begins sales of new model year cars in October/November. There are a few exceptions of course but this is typical. My '01 Protege ES didn't hit the lots until about mid-January '01!

I expect the MZ6 to follow the typical pattern. I'm waiting until summer to purchase my 4th Mazda -- a MZ6 Wagon! We should see some good cash incentives toward the end of MY.

MARTIN
  • I know I will be buying a 6 in the late June to early July spectrum. From common sense and listening to these posts, I have determined I will get it late July because of inventory rollover. How much difference in price do you think it would make buying it end of June or early July?
  • audia8qaudia8q Posts: 3,138
    we are still ordering 2004's ...and domestic build cars are 3 months from order to delivery.
    So we are a ways from 2005's
  • billobillo Posts: 4
    I've a Mazda $250 certificate, willing to let go for $100.
    Billo, houston
  • midwesttradermidwesttrader Posts: 291
    That's nice but they can pick one up off eBay for as little as $5. I did several months ago.
  • hboydhboyd Posts: 98
    Some Mazda enthusiasts on this forum or others will be more than happy to furnish new enthusiasts a certificate for free!
  • pl8sterpl8ster Posts: 5
    Saw in a flyer today that Clair Mazda in Saco, ME is advertising a new '04 6s sedan with no options for around $17,400 (can't find the flyer now!). I stopped by and they only had one in stock - white - but were willing to help me find another color elsewhere.

If only they'd promote the 5-door this strongly...
  • radracerradracer Posts: 96
    Ok, I'm really confused. On edmunds, and a couple of other websites, it says that there's a $1500 rebate available for the mz6. But on most webpages I looked at, they do not list the rebate, only the special APR. Also, do you have to qualify for the special APR to get the rebate??? Because I'm sure I don't qualify for the APR. However, if I'm only able to get 11% interest from roadloans, will Mazda give me, say, 5-7%, or would it be 11%?
  • time_4_6stime_4_6s Posts: 1
    Hi all, i need a little help. I plan on buying a 2004 6s Sedan before the end of the month (I want the $1,500 rebate). I want to buy it online, but I don't know how low i should go for the asking price. I want:

Auto
    Sports W/spoiler
    Moonroof
    Bose
    SAB/SAC

Edmunds' TMV is about 23900. Should i ask for lower than that? Thanks for the help.

John
    I would use the quote service available here at the Edmunds TMV. It will automatically submit your request to several local dealers. When they respond, ask for their best out the door price (all taxes and fees included). I did that last week and received one quote that was pretty much the same as the TMV price.

You can always counter with a lower offer. My guess is, with the end of the month coming and all the Memorial Day promotions, you should be able to nail this car for close to invoice, minus the rebate (or, more simply, for about $1,500 under invoice).

By coincidence, you seem to be interested in almost the exact same car I am. I'm debating between the hatch and the sedan. I'm also not sure about the Bose, although that seems to be mandatory if you want a moonroof and side curtains with the sedan.
  • maroonmaroon Posts: 2
    Tonight purchased a Mazda 6i manual 5-door, glacier silver.
    Options:
       Security Pkg.
       Bose Pkg.
       Moonroof

Invoice: $21,527
    Edmunds TMV: $20,727 (includes rebate)
    Purchase Price: $20,200 (includes rebate)
    OTD: $21,807

Bank financing.
  • Cross-posted from Mazda 6 Wagon forum...

I'm wondering if we're going to see the cash incentive on the wagon soon. I actually had one on deposit, until I learned of the incentives on the sedans but not the wagons. I asked the saleperson for an equivalent discount. But they didn't want to play, wouldn't even counter my offer. So I pulled the plug. I'm hoping to see new incentives on the wagons 6/1 or 7/1. Any idea what the chances are of that happening?
  • mazda6smazda6s Posts: 1,901
    What was the other $1607 for? Is the sales tax in KY really that high or did they just add on enough fees and extra charges to get the price back up to MSRP?
  • maroonmaroon Posts: 2
    $1,212 in tax
    $395 in license and other fees.