Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Mazda6 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• dwynnedwynne Posts: 4,018
    When I was shopping for my RX-8 a couple of years ago, there was a $3,000 or $3,500 buy down on the left over 04 cars. Most dealers would sell you the car for invoice less rebate/buy down and they keep the holdback as profit. Some would dip down into the holdback some, one offered me any of their remaining 04s for invoice less buy down less 100% of hold back - and no doc or dealer fee. The price was cheap, with no (it would seem) profit for the dealer, but they had a lot full of 05s they could not sell and several 04s as well.

In the end, I was able to get a newer model 05 for $500 under invoice, $500 Gerber rebate, and $1,500 (I think?) of MAC rebates so I went with the newer model.

For ANY left over car I would pay no more than dealer actual invoice less rebates or buy back and would expect an even lower price. If you pay more, you might as well get the current model car.

Dennis
  • dano100dano100 Posts: 21
    Here is the breakdown on my '06 MAZDA6 purchase:

$3750 Mazda rebate
    $1000 MAC(Mazda America Finance)rebate
    $1000 Cleveland Auto Show discount
    $2773 dealer discount(dealer invoice minus $500!)
    Total discount:$8523
    MSRP:$29,340-$8523= $20,817 plus tax/title :D
  • We have been looking at new Mazda 6's as well as Speed 6's and Acura TSX's. Went to a local Mazda dealer today, and he showed me a 2005 V6 5 speed that had just come in on trade. It is redfire metallic, with black leather, sunroof, auto climate control, autodim mirror, rear wing and cargo net. So, it must be a Grand Touring model.
    It has 41k miles, and is really clean, hardly any swirl marks in the paint. Took it for a drive, stopped at another local Mazda dealer to see what they had, and took it home to show the wife. They had it priced at $15,995, down from 20,995 on the sticker. I had a $500 coupon we had gotten in the mail earlier in the week. We decided to buy it. Seems like a good price to me. $16485 with all fees. It is equipped exactly as I would want, we'd probably have to order a new one to get this option/color package, and to find another one like it used might take months. A new one would be at least $27k. We'll pick it up early next week.
  • lilengineerboylilengineerboy Posts: 4,116
    I didn't know where to post this so I put it here. For the 2005 Mazda6 TMV used vehicle pricing, all of the styles default to automatic transmission with no provision to check the manual for the 6s styles.
    Who needs to know about that? If there is insignificant information, that should really be noted as opposed to not showing the configuration.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,043
    I think that is the way all of the TMV pricing works.. To get a price without automatic, just click on the "customized appraisal" button, or "add/remove" just below where it says "Typical Options".

regards,
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

There is no provision for that, thats my point. At least it didn't show up for me.

Cool, I must have come in a different way. I was at this link:
    http://www.edmunds.com/tmv/used/2005/mazda/mazda6/index.html

and clicking on S Grand Touring puts me here:
    http://www.edmunds.com/used/2005/mazda/mazda6/100467717/options.html
    with no way to select a transmission. How did you find your link?
    I clicked on "Research Prices & Specs"..
    just under the Used Cars button on either of those pages..

• I've been in the market for the 2007 i sports value the best price i have gotten is 17000 +tax and license with the two thousand dollar rebates. Is that a good price? what would a good price be?
  • jeffyscottjeffyscott Posts: 3,855
    Edmunds standard equipment list indicates that the "6-Speed Shiftable Automatic Transmission" was standard on that trim level. Unless that is wrong, that would explain why you can not choose manual on S Grand Touring.
    Automatic or manual?
    Hmm so that means Scott (post 1574) and I both got some questionable info from dealers concerning the models available. Good to know.
    So, it ain't a GT.
    Well, after further review, all I can say for sure is for 2007, manual transmission is standard across all trim levels of the sedan and HB...according to my 2007 Mazda6 brochure. It could be that is changed since 2005 or it could be Edmunds is wrong.
    Assuming they are not adding back in an excessive "document fee", I don't think $17,000 is too bad, then. Invoice is $19,400-19,800, IIRC...so you are getting another $400 to $800 off.

Some (such as myself) have paid closer to $16,000. I can't recall reading of anyone getting lower than that so far.
  • well so its possible to get near 16,000 well right now i'm getting internet quotes i'm not really in a hurry i'm just kind of testing the waters i got a better quote of 16800 what was the amount you paid for the Mazda 6 i- sports value
    $15,995 + $129 doc fee = $16,124.
  • error438error438 Posts: 17
    is that price OTD w/ no options? Is it AT or MT?
    Automatic, no options. Would need to add TTL to that to get the "OTD" price.
  • er0si0ner0si0n Posts: 2
    I went and got my Mazda 6 4dr sport yesterday

onyx black
    Compass mirror
    cargo net
    moonroof

after ford employee pricing, price was $19k and something cant remember exactly.

Lease for 2 years 12k miles/yr, with 0-down, I will be paying $294/mo.

Although, they didnt have my car in stock, they are supposed to be getting it either today or 2morro. So all I believe I did was put a $500 deposit down to "hold" the car...but I don't believe I am in any contract as of yet...so maybe I can still negotiate the price lower?

I'm really bad at this stuff. :cry:
    I don't think that price ($19K) is bad, if it is an automatic that would appear to be about $4400 below MSRP.

I don't know anything about leasing, so can't speak to that aspect...except it seems to me keeping a car for only 24 months is not exactly a money saving move ;) .
  • cincoletracincoletra Posts: 5
    Thanks to this forum, I knew it was possible. I just didn't back down. I said, "If you can discount the base model $5300, then you can discount this model the same amount".
    I got the redfire metalic, auto., no additional options.
    MSRP was 21,125. Oh, and I'm in Orlando, FL. Hope this helps someone else! ;)
  • dmitry138dmitry138 Posts: 2
    Wow! Looks like great price to me. I assume it's with destination charge. In any case I was shooting to 1k higher.
  • dudette3dudette3 Posts: 39
    Awesome, thank you for sharing this information with us. I think I will go for it...

Were there any rebates included to get this pricing?

Edmunds site says the TMV is 20,122 minus a 1000 rebate.

I would appreciate any more info...
  • mazda6dudemazda6dude Posts: 283
    anyone interested in a 2005 mazda6 i sport edition automatic with 47k miles? mint condition. $13,888 o.b.o.
  • dudette3dudette3 Posts: 39
    I do a lot of research on this site, and have a lot of gratitude for all of the information available. I leased a new 07 Mazda6i VE w/ auto trans and I wanted to share my prices paid - hopefully this helps someone else:

MSRP $20925
    MF: 0.00113
    Residual: 61%
    Miles: 13500/year, for 24 months

The OTD price is $259/month, sign and drive (0 down).

best wishes :)
  • whwongwhwong Posts: 5
    I am in the market looking to get a 2007 Mazda6 i VE HB auto. Want to target a deal at about 8k under MSRP. Just wonder how possible it is? I am not in a hurry so I can wait until end of this year or even some time next year.
  • jfritschjfritsch Posts: 958
    Check out the used price of your or a similarly equipped model of the vehicle in the 06 model year with 16000 miles on it via kbb.com and nada.com. Add about 15-20% to the wholesale price you get. If that is in the 8000 off msrp range it is doable. You want to try last week of july or august. Check out my message 14,394 in the accord prices paid section for useful info on how to buy a car.

Good Luck
    --jjf

I am in the market looking to get a 2007 Mazda6 i VE HB auto. Want to target a deal at about 8k under MSRP. Just wonder how possible it is? I am not in a hurry so I can wait until end of this year or even some time next year.
  • whwongwhwong Posts: 5
    Thanks jjf.

I checked kbb, an used similarly equipped 06 i HB auto is about $16k, add 15% will bring it to $18.4k. But I also heard in another forum one can get a $6k off MSRP deal for a 07 s model. If I can get a $6k off MSRP deal as well for my configuration, it will become $22k - 6k = 16k. Kind of confusing?