Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Mazda6 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• rampedramped Posts: 358
    My advice would be to find a 2005 6s wagon with the side airbags and negotiate your best deal. There are incentives on the 05s. Why buy a '04 vehicle that is almost two model years old for just a thousand or so less than the 05 will cost?
  • yesnoyesno Posts: 5
    I am negotiating between two dealers now. We seem to be at 22.5k now for the GT model with maybe a little more room. I know of only 2,000 incentives from Mazda and these two dealers are the only ones I have found that are advertising their own incentives in addition to the 2k. The 2004 is loaded which is why I am comparing it to the 2005 GT and I need at least the leather package because of my dog. I think I have been sufficiently scared away from the VW Passat although the salesperson says that the electrical and motor problems are behind them. I guess that would be a question for the VW forum.
  • cuspclubcuspclub Posts: 2
    I bought a 04 Mazda6 wagon earlier this month for $19,200. Not bad considering it stickerd for over $27,000. Sport Package, Leather, and Bose 6 Disc.

The dealer said I had to keep the Mazda loan for 90 days to keep that extra $1000 rebate, but when I called Mazda American Credit, they said I was free to refinance any time with no penalty because it was a simple interest loan.

I don't see how a dealership or Mazda could take away a rebate after all the paper work is signed and completed?

Are there any Mazda dealership people on the forum that could clear this up?
  • reechzreechz Posts: 50
    Mazda6- with Automatic Tranny 2.3 4 cylinder.

Smart buy-
    $0 down
    $246 / month- 35 months
    residual $9432-
    tax in NY is 8 3/4%

Have to wait till Tuesday to get the car (they had trade with another dealer) and only put $100 down (didn't sign any binding docs) so if I got ripped off I will eat the $100 and go elsewhere.

How did I do?
  • x10003qx10003q Posts: 1
    I just bought a 2004 6 w/v6/auto/all options except leather for 18.3. In the incentives it says that financing could be as low as 0%. How do I get this rate? My credit is clean.I am in NJ. TIA.
  • Nothing wrong with buying new 2004 vehicles with HUGE discounts. Like another post had already stated: the 04 already has a 1yr. DEPRECIATION. The 05's can be bought at or below invoice. The 05's have a 6sp ATX with slightly better MPG 20/27 and slightly faster acceleration (?) with the shorter gears. Nonetheless, Depreciation is only detrimental if one plans to resell within a few years.
  • yesnoyesno Posts: 5
    I decided on the 2005 GT Mazda6 wagon for 22k and bought it yesterday. I was the one that couldn't decide between the '04 Mazda6 wagon and '04 Passat wagon. I am happy with my purchase. Of course you always wonder if you could have done better but now that is behind me and I plan on enjoying my new speedy wagon. Thanks all for your advice.
  • jeff74jeff74 Posts: 6
    I know the 05's are selling under invoice but with the 06's here shortly would it be advantageous to wait awhile or pull the trigger now.
    Have fun with that wagon YESNO
  • mazda6smazda6s Posts: 1,901
    Rebates on the 05s are very likely to go up when the 06 model arrives on dealer lots. Since an 05 is almost a year old now, in another month or two the 05s will still be a year old, only with better rebates. :shades:
  • rampedramped Posts: 358
    I think you made a good decision. Enjoy that ride!
  • davis2davis2 Posts: 1
    I am really interested in the 05 mazda6 wagon, but very nervious I just got a new job as a teacher so I'm excited to buy my first car, but really want something that is going to last me a long time. I have a 92 honda accord with over 150,000 miles on it and it's still a wonderful car. my question to you is what do you think about these mazda's I know nothing about cars and want something that is going to last me for over 100,000 again. I have been looking at a chevi malibu hatchback, and the mazda and of course the malibu is much more affordable at around 21,000 after taxes. The price the other dealer quoted me for the Mazda said it was factory invoice at 24,826. with taxes and a rebate it will be 25430. is this good. I'm just very nervious about buying a car, and would love some advice that's not from a dealer :) thank you!
  • suydamsuydam Posts: 923
    For my part, Mazda is a good choice. I have owned two previous Mazdas, a 323 and a 626, both went well over 150,000 miles (the 626 had 167000 on it when I sold it). I have had good luck with my Mazda6 so far -- about 7000 miles and no problems -- but of course, too soon to tell. You can probably negotiate a lower price. Price the car at Edmund's new vehicle site with the options you want, and that will give you a good idea what a good price should be. I think most people are getting under the invoice with the rebates, but those who have looked at '05s recently can give you more up to date information. Drive the Maxx and the Mazda; which do you like better and think you would want to have for a long time?
  • reechzreechz Posts: 50
    Look at the Mazda6 with the 4 cylinder.
    much cheaper and better on gas.
  • gussguss Posts: 1,181
    It kind of depends on what you are looking for. I have owned both(sort of) a 97 malibu sedan and an 04 mazda wagon.

The malibu was the first year it was out and had some typical first year problems , mainly steering rack and suspension. It did everything well but nothing great. Decent fuel economy in the v-6 and decent road handling. But certainly no sports car. The best part was the price of $15k back then , which is probably not a whole lot more now.

That said i like my mazda much more. It has much better road handling and the interior ergonomics are much more sporty. The gas mileage in the wagon , while not great is pretty good for a wagon with 220 horsies.But like you already know this will all cost you a little bit more. For me it would be worth it, but everyone is looking for something different.

Test drive them both for at least an hour each and see which one fits you the best.
  • mimazda6mimazda6 Posts: 9
    As a reference, I bought a 2004 6s sedan 6 weeks ago, and paid ~$7300 below sticker; that was with $4000 in rebates (and before taxes). Rebates on the 2005 6 were $2000 through yesterday, due to change today and not sure they have been updated yet.

I like the car a lot; no real problems yet. Minor issues are squeak in the instrument cluster and the titanium trim on the inside is awful for damage resistance (saw a black mark by door handle, thought something was on top of the paint, started rubbing to get it off and realized I was rubbing the titanium paint off the black substrate WITH MY BARE HANDS!; not such a minor issue, now that I think of it again!) :mad:

Good luck with your decision process.
  • We bought a 2006 6s Wagon for $20,000 out the door. That was with the moonroof, Bose system upgrade and lots of extras plus the dealer threw in the cargo mat and cargo box. They had to sell x amount of cars by the end of the day on 5/31 and the Mazda 6 counted for 2! This did include the trade if of our 1997 Windstar with 136K on it. They gave us $2,550 on that! Only worth about $1200. The list price on the Wagon was $26,855.

Great deal - IMHO

:blush:
  • gussguss Posts: 1,181
    the Mazda 6 counted for 2 :confuse:

Is that because it was a 2006 ? I did not know they were out yet, my local dealer is still advertising brand new 2004 wagons
  • Nah, that was a typo :) Allowed one you know. :P
  • It was a 2005 wagon the sport version. Sorry for the typo :D
  • Hi. Edmund's used car pricing doesn't have info for 2005 models, so i'm hoping you guys can help.
    2005 Mazda6 S hatchback, auto transmission, leather, moonroof, 6000 miles, being sold at a Honda dealership. Looks to be in great shape. Sticker price $24,500! With Mazda offering up to $2500 cash back in various forms, I think $24,500 is way too much, but I have no basis to form an offer. Would $20K be too much of a low-ball?