Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Mazda6 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jfritschjfritsch Posts: 958
    I put the msrp of 21000 in and 16000 to clarify. A more expensive car would obviously go for more. Sorry I missed the S and the example was for the lower model.

--jjf

Yeah that's the MSRP of an i.. The MSRP on the car I purchased for 18,300 was 24,300 or so..
  • m6userm6user Posts: 3,006
    At least in the Chicago area. I assume this is nationwide. I see the car dealers have lowered their advertised low prices about $5-600 in response to Mazda offering an additional $1250 in rebate. Example: High volume dealers(if you can call any Mazda dealer high volume) are at around $15999 I4 SVE which is about $5245 off MSRP. Anybody got any deals to report?
  • lfbmdpclfbmdpc Posts: 2
    Car as described (2008 silver/black value edition/AT with no other options) was $18000 + tax/tags including the usual $250 regional ad fee (which all local dealers are charging here per other email offers I received). This reflects the $2250 rebate just announced by mazda. Dealt with Rohrich Mazada in Pittsburgh PA, internet sales manager was very prompt in getting back to me and easy to deal with. Got reasonable $ on trade (a 2001 audi S4 quattro wagon/AT/60K/ I'd rate between "clean" & "average" = $11,250 from dealer). All in all probably not the deal of the century but a reasonable buying experience.
  • ccd1ccd1 Posts: 140
    I paid a little over $23k for a Grand Touring s (no nav) hatchback. The MSRP is over $28k. The cash incentive for the HB is $2750 in my area.
  • dizbmikunidizbmikuni Posts: 5
    I just got a Mazda6 5dr hatchback automatic in dark gray. The price figured out to be $17,900 OTD, after taxes and fees. I forget what the price was before all that, but california sales tax is 8.25 and dmv/dealer fees were about $230~.
    Area and dealer please. Was the 23K OTD or the sales price?
  • matty3imatty3i Posts: 2
    Anyone got a recent deal to report??? I am interested in this and have been looking for some reportable numbers as of late.

The new 6 is coming out late August so was hoping there will be some further discounting on the current models.

Thanks
    I don't know about your area but Mazda dealers near me have very few 6's left. They must have really been scared to order many due to the new model coming out and the discounts have been pretty good the last few months which moved most of them. It would be nice to hear about any recent deals.
    Been getting quotes on the 21200 msrp mazda6i sport value edition 4 cyl for about 16400 with all dealer fees (not tax and title) all day. Around 5k off is about an average deal. Probably a bit more off for the pricier models.

Good luck
    --jjf
  • biker4biker4 Posts: 746
    I wonder what will happen to sales in August when the cheapest 09 model on the lot will be 5K more in real terms. :(
    August-October will probably be fine as there is always that big splash and with the looks of the new 6 it will probably generate a fair amount of the gotta-have-the- newest-and-greatest crowd. Come December-January(cold weather, holidays) time frame is when I think things will become interesting.
  • pobaobaopobaobao Posts: 4
    dealer offer me 17680 drive out price.Is this a decent a offer. I am in TX.
    Give a breakdown of the car and the offer and maybe somebody could reply intelligently. With what you've given it would be impossible.
    my bad, i didn't make it clearly. it is m6 i sport ve. how about this price. thanks!
  • jeffyscottjeffyscott Posts: 3,855
    Automatic or manual? Does "drive out price" mean it includes TTL, if so how much are these for you? It is much easier to compare sales price of car excluding taxes, etc. which will vary by state and even within a single state (but including any dealer added fees).

(Edmunds should probably add a note of advice on how to report selling prices to all these "prices paid" forums, along the lines of note that they have on the "real world trade in values" forum.)
    my bad, i didn't make it clearly. it is m6 i sport ve. how about this price. thanks!

If it is the auto i ve msrp 21200 about 16200 + tax title is about an average deal. 3.9% for 36 months would sweeten it if you can't get that financing yourself.

Good luck
    --jjf
    yes, it is include TTL. Thanks.
    To: jfritsch

Thanks for your useful info.
  • brandj5brandj5 Posts: 7
    Can anyone report what they're seeing for leases on this model? I assume that the current rebate doesn't apply if you try to lease.

I also posted in the lease thread, but there hasn't been much activity there of late.

I'm looking for the money factor and residual % on this one with an MSRP of ~$21500. 24 & 36 month leases, 12K miles per year.

But I'm really interested to hear of any recent leasing experiences as well.

Thanks!
  • aviboy97aviboy97 Posts: 3,159
    I hate to break it to you, but, you can no longer lease the 2008 Mazda6. However, you do have 0% financing for 60 months!
  • gussguss Posts: 1,181
    Is the reason you can no longer lease the '08's because the '09's are being built now ?

I was thinking of buying an '08 but the dealer stock is very thin. Have dealers received all the '08's that they are going to get?
    Yes, the fact that the 09's are on the way is why they are not leasing the 08's anymore.

Dealers stopped receiving shipments of 08 Mazda6's quite a long time ago. Production stopped back in March-April. Since April, the Flat Rock plant where the Mazda6 is built under went a huge over haul. Not only did they retool the plant to build the 09's, but, updated equipment and manufacturing essentials have been implemented to ensure not only great build quality, but also bring the factory to being state of the art.
  • gussguss Posts: 1,181
    I think my 2 local dealers are going to run out of stock before the '09's come in. Both only have only 5 or 6 08's left. I am going to have to decide to either get a great deal now or gamble and wait to see if I like the 09's.
    The dealer where I bought my 07 Mazda6 has absolutely none. A month ago they had three.
    I've got 6 left.
  • jeffyscottjeffyscott Posts: 3,855
    According to mazdausa.com, there are 29 (24 sedans, 5 hatches) at the three dealers near me. I am pretty sure that this is a lot fewer than I have seen any other time I looked.
    For those looking for a Mazda6 lease, Mazda just introduced it. They got a lot of flack for not offering one on the few Mazda6's that are left
  • vital411vital411 Posts: 65
    Anyone have prices on a 09 Mazda 6?
    check the "2009 Mazda6" forum or the Mazda website.
  • baccus49baccus49 Posts: 60
    What's the best deal on a 2008 Mazda6 Hatchback i VE automatic? I live in WA. Thanks.