Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Mazda6 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Wow that's a look's like a great deal. I'm actually dealing with the same dealership. Also looking at pretty much the same car as you too but in manual. Who was your sales person?
  • quizguy66quizguy66 Posts: 10
    I did the sale through the internet department. That was the way to go.

-QG
  • 6buyerv66buyerv6 Posts: 3
    6cyl Hatch w manual transmission luxury package moonroof/bose leather 22150.00 no trade.
  • costello1costello1 Posts: 60
    I have been following a dealers website concerning a $ on a 6 , I saw yesterday that the price has gone up by a $10000 . Has one of the rebates been dropped?? Does anyone know when the new 2006 come out and if so will mazda increase the rebates on the 2005??
  • The new Mazda6 incentive is $2000 rebate, plus $1000 more if financed through MAC. The offer is good through August 1, 2005. I found this info at Mazda's website. IIRC, the previous rebate was $1500, so Mazda raised it a little.

I heard that the 2006 models will be on the lot in Sep/Oct, but who really knows?! My local dealer already has Mazda5 on display, and those weren't supposed to be out till Aug/Sep?!
  • ronsteveronsteve Posts: 435
    I couldn't find the old "fantasy prices" forum, but I figured I needed to share this one. I'm interested in the Mazda 6 hatchback, and wanted to look at one with the V6 and 5-speed. Unfortunately my local dealer doesn't have such an animal, but I was able to give a good walkaround to one with the auto, and test drive a sedan with the V6 and manual.

But get a load of this pricing... the sedan I drove (6s Sport, 5 speed, moonroof/bose, leather) had an MSRP of $26485, but they had a $1495 bump sticker... and then the "employee pricing" yellow tag showing $24147. I was told that included the $2000 factory rebate, and was "the best deal, bar none" because they were "not making any money at these prices, except for the doc fee, and only 30% of that is actually profit."

Hard to believe that with S-plan, I wouldn't even be able to get out the door for MSRP-rebate, and the dealer still whines he isn't making any money. I don't want a 6 that badly, or even bad enough to search for one now. And of course, I'll get to hear this dealer's commercials here in eastern NC, where a guy that sounds like Ross Perot or Mr. Hainey from Green Acres (depends on who you ask) tells us "If it has our name on it, you have our worrrrrrrd on it!"
  • My friend purchase a mazda 6 from Crystal Auto in Green brook NJ. This is the worst experience. He purchased a car from there about 2 weeks ago and the sales person before they made the deal, the sales person (i don't know if i should give any names of the sales person and the sales manager), the sales agree to put on factory leather seat and factory sunroof on the mazda 6 and the sales claimed that after those things installed the mazda6 that my friend purchased would exactly look like the grand touring verison of mazda 6. The sales also said that every mazda 6 came into the neweak port as a stock and they put everything together when they came into the port. The story now is that the car installed with after market leather seat and sunroof in which in writing in papers that they should install factory leather seat. The sales manager keeps on telling there is no way to put factory leather seat and sunroof. And he told us the sales who make the deal with my friend is on vacation for 2 weeks and he couldn't find him for 3 days. Not only that, they did a sloopy job on installing the leather seat and also the sunroof. The door panel, you could easily taken it out, not only one door but all 4 doors. And the sales manager told us that if u take off the panel of the door and put it back on it is going to be like that. They also make a lot of scretches inside the car. The sales manager forces us to pick up the car like this and write us a due bill saying that they will fix everything, of cos we didn't agree on that after they did a sloopy job on the car and also the story that the sales told us is exactly different and this is the second time we were back there to deal with the issue since the first time, they did an even wrost job on the leather seat The leather seat seems like it is a size bigger. At the end, we are forced to pick up the car since the cops were there. :cry: :cry: . We are now thinking of writing complain letters to Mazda and to the president of the dealership. Anybody in this forum could direct me with these information would be appreciate. What a bad experience dealing this this auto dealership in GreenBrook NJ. People, Please do not go to that dealership since they would say whatever to make the deal.
  • ericzoomericzoom Posts: 213
    That's why i'm not crazy about certain aftermarket add-ons. The leather and sunroof are better off being installed at the factory.
  • mazda6smazda6s Posts: 1,901
    Do you really expect us to believe the dealership got the police to force you to pick up the car?
  • brandnew6brandnew6 Posts: 3
    Picked up my brand new Mazda6s today. I got the V6 sports sedan with the luxury/leather and moonroof/bose packages. Also had the wheel locks, the moonroof wind deflector, and the chrome gas cover. I had two dealers in the area that almost identical cars, so I've been going between the two seeing who could offer the best deal. Sticker was 26920. Three grand off for rebates, 2050 for a trade (96 Jetta GL with 100K+ miles), and they took another 1800 off to beat the other dealership. 20050 before tax, tags, etc, plus they added the extended 7 year/100k mile powertrain warranty. I can't wait to get out on the road tomorrow and just drive! :) I think I got a pretty good deal, but let me know what you think.
  • what state and dealer did u get that deal from?
  • what state and dealership did u get ure mazda6 from?
    Sorry. I made the purchase at Champion Mazda in Hanover, PA. The other dealership was in Harrisburg. Their best offer was $500 more, and they couldn't do the extended rebate.
    The extended warranty, that is.
  • A local dealer in seattle is offering me Mazda 6i HB for 21183 + Tax and licensing - 3000(rebates). This is 500 less than the cars direct quote. The price includes destination charge too. No hidden fee. Is this a good deal?
  • so thats about 22700 out the door! there's 4people on this site that got the 6s 6cyl moonroof leather bose out the door with all rebates for 22900-23700. ure dealer can do better. especially if they have alot on the lot. the 06's r right around the corner!
  • sorry 20grand out the door. sounds great if u got the bose/moonroof and auto for that!
    The 22150 deal fell through at the last second. Very bad Finance officer so we walked out. That afternoon emailed another dealer and made the deal for 22K and picked it up the next morning.

v6 Manual with leather/auto dim mirror/bose/all the airbags.... etc... 22K even.

Holiday Mazda in Fond du lac WI

I can't say enough of how easy they were to deal with after the bad experience...Sales guy and finance officer were extremely nice. No games. Well worth the extra trip.

The car is very nice IMO.
    Now we got a tin box with chocolate chip cookies from them as another "thank you".

That's service. Nice dealership.
  • This week I bought a new 6i base model (4CYC, 4 -door, non-hatchback) with a couple of options: 4 speed AT, Curtain Airbags, $650 apearance pacakage, $100 CA emissions. MSRP $21,600. I paid $16,695 plus $299 doc fee, plus tax, plus reg. This price includes the $2000 rebate and $1000 Mazda finacing rebate. Did I overpay? I probably could have gotten $300-$500 less by playing one dealer over another. I wanted this exact car because: 1) it was one of the few base models with the airbags, 2) it was in my color, 3) it had a build date of 06/05, meaning it was built last month! So it has not been sitting on the dealer lot for 6-9 months ... plus I was the first to test drive it. I was planning to wait 3-6 months, but figured the airbags in the 4-cyc model would be long gone by then, for sure in my color.

I took it for a 14 mile test drive before buying it (the dealer was OK with this once he knew I was serious). Only have driven it one day since I picked it up, so far so good! Try to get a "fully loaded" 4 door sedan with all of the airbags for $17K from another vendor ... good luck. For 2005 the other choice I considered was a near-base model Accord (20K). For 2006 the new Sonata will be 18K - 19K. What did I overlook? To get airbags from most vendors, you are into the upper trim lines, or not offered at all. Even if offered in the base model, the domestic mfgs don't seem to have any on the lot (the dealers seem not to order it that way).