Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Mazda6 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jlam2jlam2 Posts: 21
    I found out there are more rebates out there. You just have to look really hard. Beside the listed rebate and Gerber rebate, there is the ACOG rebate. This rebate is given to doctors and their patients. The ACOG ad (American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists) can be found in a magazine called "Plum", which the ACOG sent to doctors who are members of the ACOG. Then go to mazdausa.com/family and sign up just like the Gerber rebate. The only problem is finding this magazine. Try going to the doctors office or your local university library. Also, if you live near Cinncinatti, Ohio-there is another unlisted rebate I found from the dealership. When I call to get a price for my Mazda 6s the saleman said,"Do you work for Proctor and Gamble and therefore qualify for a special rebate?". Like an idiot, I said no. Anyway, He clam up after that. I asked around and it's like a rebate of around $250. Oh well, You can't win all the time.
  • I am in agreement with you on that... the dealer keeps telling me that he thinks all the mazda's have the bose system in it... so i am going to hold it to him that it WILL have the system in it before i buy. I think if i can squeeze another $500 or so i will be a go on this... Any additional thoughts???? Thanks for the feedback
  • dankdank Posts: 6
    David - how did you find out about this "stair-step" rebate? Did you just tell the dealer you qualified for the S plan and they knew to factor it in? Anybody else know about this rebate?
  • kenny5kenny5 Posts: 1
    :) Guys. I am going to purchase one in a week or so. Is there anyone who can recommand me a dealer in eastcoast especailly in NY&NJ area. Please let me know how much you've paid too. It would be great help! Thanks in advance~!
  • des5des5 Posts: 88
    After I told the salesman that I had a PIN, he scurries off and comes back with a price better than what I had figured from the sheets available on the web. When he worked up the price sheet, I see he's factored the rebates as $2000 mazda + $1000 MAC + $500 SS + $500 Gerber. I ask him what the SS one is, and he tells me its this stair-step rebate being given to s-plan buyers. This happened on Monday 8/8. Naturally I didn't complain. BTW, this car was made in April.
  • philipgphilipg Posts: 2
    what should my goal be for a stripped 6i automatic? MSRP is about 20,500 and invoice about 18,300 if I remember right.
    Is invoice minus the 2000+1000+500 rebates reasonable?

the only dealer to contact me from edmunds quoted me exactly 1k over invoice for the car, before incentives. Yuck.
  • By the way, anyone remember how long it took for them to email your gerber certificate? It's holding up my purchase!
  • Your figures are more than reasonable from your standpoint. You're essentially allowing the dealer to make a whopping $300 to $400 total on the actual sale of a car with an MSRP of approximately $20,500. :(

What do you really feel is fair? Invoice... or a little over? Any consideration in regards to what a salesperson might make on this sale... or none at all? :cry:

If your scenario is achieved of $20,500-2,200-2,000-1,000-500 for a grand total of $14,800 +TT&L, you can rest easy and know you got an extremely great deal. :)
  • philipgphilipg Posts: 2
    I didn't quite make that, but got close. I got down to 200 over invoice, so using the 2000 and the 1000 that puts me at 16,000, minus the $500 Gerber IF THEY'LL EVER MAIL IT TO ME!

the sales person is going to see what they can do tomorrow I think.
  • I went to a Mazda dealership while it was close so i can just look at its inventor. Mazda6i I saw was regular priced about $22,000 and there was having those discounts that made it down to about $18,100 only if you get finance by Mazda American Credit. Could I still get a better lower deal or is that a good deal?
  • Here's a quote I got. 2005 MAZDA6 i Sports Sedan - after rebates and what they could do, I got a quote of 15,027. Its MSRP was 19,655. Not automatic. Hope this helps. :D
  • Check out my posting in this Forum 3 weeks ago (# 1215). I got $1900 off of MSRP on a 6i before any rebates. This is $250 under Edmund's invoice price of 19795. The MSRP on my vehicle was 21605 and I paid 19695 - rebates.
  • redacrredacr Posts: 24
    since salespeople add no value to the car buying experience..i say oh well.
    and yes i sold cars too.

The first dealer principle to figure this out will make a ton.
    All u need is a staff of college kids/young adults..train them in the product..pay them a flat hourly rate along with a stipend for tuition..offer no haggle pricing...have test mules and you'll be set. Have a real internet division that frequents ubb boards associated with that make. word will travel fast when people hear that they can go to a dealership and not feel threathened, test drive and get a decent price.

man if i had a few million in cash...
  • jlam2jlam2 Posts: 21
    Better yet. Go to www.kingsmazda.com and look at the home page where there is a scroll for $5500 off MSRP off any Mazda 6 including a 6i. I can tell you I got alot more off than that. If a dealer in Cincinnati, Ohio can give at least this discount; What are the odds your dealer can also give you this discount or more?
  • pats1pats1 Posts: 36
    I recently bought an 05 6s pretty much loaded - sticker just shy of $28K - no NAV but most everything else. The dealer sold it to me for invoice (it checked OK against Edmunds, etc.) minus the $2K Mazda rebate and the $1K MAC rebate, ended up at about $22.3K. I don't think the Gerber rebate being talked about on here is good everywhere in the country. They then gave me way over ($2K - $3.5K) Kelley or Edmunds for my trade. I never expected to get what I got for my '03 Maxima with 57K on the meter and I researched the heck out of it. So, if you have a trade you need to work that end as well. Not everyone can just go for new and not have to worry about their old car. I feel I got a GREAT deal overall. Good luck to all still on the fence.
  • audia8qaudia8q Posts: 3,138
    Actually it was done...it was called the Ford Auto collection. Ford went into several markets around the country, purchased dozens of dealerships and essentially did what you propose....After losing several billion dollars they closed up all auto collection dealerships..sold them back to the traditional dealers and declared the whole thing a total failure....Once again proving the point that cars can not be marketed like toothpaste at walmart...cars are sold not bought.
  • gussguss Posts: 1,181
    The problem with that model is you are posting your prices on the internet for EVERYONE to see.

If I am your competition down the street all I have to do is beat your number by $100. I would even use it in my advertising.

"Shop Redacr first but come see Guss last. We guarantee to beat his posted prices."
  • tbear503tbear503 Posts: 70
    I'm looking at an 04 6i-auto 4- cylinder with 12,000 miles. Edmunds pricing for my area is almost 17K. The dealer list for it is 16,400. It seems from what I'm reading here that a new one can almost be bought cheaper. Anyway, how does 16, 400 sound for a clean used one?
  • pats1pats1 Posts: 36
    Based on my experience (shopping and buying) and what I am reading here, I doubt that $17K will get you a new one with much on it - it likely will not be loaded, b ut maybe that's not what you want to begin with. You have to compare models and options. If you don't want a lot on it, maybe you can get what you want in a new one for $17K. My experience locally with Edmunds prices is that they are a bit on the high side. Others may have had different experiences.