Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Mazda6 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• exit123exit123 Posts: 136
    You got it, man! Of course, you are in the business so you know all that. :)

Yes, you CAN negogiate the new car price with the dealer knowing you have a trade, but in that case you must have really good pricing info and preferably pricing from multiple dealers.

In my case, the new car price was agreed to with the trade-in transaction TBD when they looked at the trade-in, as it was out-of-town. In the end I decided to sell my old car on my own.

Of course, entire books have been written on this stuff, so there's no need to repeat all that here.
  • aviboy97aviboy97 Posts: 3,159
    Of course, entire books have been written on this stuff, so there's no need to repeat all that here.

Correct. They were all written by people who could not hack it in the car business. :shades:

I went to PC Richard and Son yesterday to buy a TV and I hated the salesman I had. Ugh, they can be so tacky. It's funny, I hate shopping for anything that involves a salesman and yet I do it for a living.
  • des5des5 Posts: 88
    Another irony is that salesmen are usually easy touches for other salesmen. Something to do with the Kool-Aid, perhaps?

But I digress. Buying the CX-7 was the closest I came to trading a vehicle in. Sold the trade on my own with two days to spare. It ended up being a wash for me, as I got the dealer offer plus the sales tax break. At least the buyer saved by avoiding the dealer markup.

Also a good strategy is drive the car until there's nothing left of it. That way you won't be insulted when the scrapper gives you $25.
  • karyakartakaryakarta Posts: 17
    mrchuck1,

Did you trade in a MAZDA6 too? What was the condition like and may I ask how much was your offer?

To everyone else - Thank you to all those who have responded. Including the sales tax break, I calculated that my trade-in is worth roughly $5,200 ($4,900 + $300 in sales tax savings).
  • My price quota is:

1. $22637.00 +TTL with 0% financing
    2. $21137.00 +TT&L without 0% financing.

Is it good enough? I am in Houston, TX. I prefer 0$ financing and what bottom price might be?

Thanks.
  • mrchuck1mrchuck1 Posts: 21
    1500 dollars increase for 0% financing seems like a lot of money just for this.
    The 21,137 price seems a-ok.
    Remember last year that I bought my 2010 Mazda 6i GT in the last week of August,so the 2011 models may be out in a month or so.
  • I have the same feeling. I think the difference at most 750$. I will fight with them.
  • jeffyscottjeffyscott Posts: 3,855
    The "0%" offer would result in payment of $377 per month for 60 months. According to bankrate.com calculator, $21,137 would have about the same monthly payment at an interest rate of 2.8%.

So that is what your 0% really is... 2.8% 60 month financing, assuming no down payment is required.
    2011 models may be out in a month or so.

Not that soon. Dealers still have no info on the 2011 Mazda6's. No order guides, changed features or prices.

It looks like September/October for the 2011's.
  • Thank you for your useful information. Could you tell me where to get auto loan which rate can be lower than 2.8%?
    Obviously you can not, so if the buyer is planning to finance, the 0% seems like the better deal. OTOH, if the buyer has cash sitting in the bank earning 1.5% and less, like me, then financing at an effective rate of 2.8% may not be the better option.
  • I was just offered a new 2010 Mazda6i Sport (AT) for $18299 plus tax, title $33.50 and documentation $250 with 0% financing for 60 months. Is that a good deal?

Should I look around for something better?
  • mrchuckmrchuck Posts: 21
    Since the 2011 Mazda 6 isn't' supposed to be ready for sale until Spring 2011, you have a good deal.
    My own 2010 Mazda 6i GT was purchased almost 1 year ago, has 10,000 perfect miles on it , and has been flawless. A defect free car.
    Best air conditioning system for this Texas heat!
  • ibtiteibtite Posts: 1
    One dealer has quoted a price of $23, 381 PLUS $449 processing fee. Options on this car are: rear deck spoiler, remote engine start, and moonroof wind deflector. They are telling me the car would be $2000 less if I don't take the 0% 60 month financing. I am getting $500 off the quoted price since I am a current Mazda owner. Total price with dealer fees and rebate but without tax, title, and licensing is $23,330 MSRP is $25,345

Another dealer has quoted a price of $23, 148 PLUS $299 processing fee and $44 dealers business tax fee (who dreams this stuff up?) No options on this car. They are also subtracting $500 (Mazda loyalty) and $500 (apr cash?) from the quoted price. This dealership is telling me the price would go down $1500 without the 0% 60 month financing. Total price with dealer fees and rebate(s) is $22,492. MSRP is $24,650.

All negotiating has been done via the internet...and getting prices and info is like pulling teeth...but, when I walk in I would rather have a printout of their quotes rather than prices that I've written on paper after talking on the phone. I hate car dealing with car dealers. Do these seem like good prices or should I try to get them down lower? I may ditch the Mazda financing, take the extra discounts and finance for 36 months at 2.99% which I'm already approved for.
    Internet quoting will always be higher than a "one on one" negotiation for a new car.
    Go to a Costco store or a Sam's Club store and use their listed car dealers who will get a great price for you. Mazda dealers like to do this too, as it keeps the "flakes" out of transactions.
    Or check with with my dealer in Tyler, TX where I bought mine. Mike Pile Mazda. Google them, ask for Randy Hudspeth.
  • i got my car at Aug 2 2010, MSRP 27,300. dealer additional markup 1,995 ( full tank of fuel, 1st maintenance & oil change free), total is $29,295 but i dont care about their additional markup, so i still use 27300 to negotiation the price.

The final price is 23588 + 322 (title fee and license fee), $23910, because Oregon no taxs. 0% apr which is the main reason i bought this car and i like the V6.

If i do not take 0% dealer will take $2000 off agian. and my credit score is 760.

what do you guys think? Good deal or not?
    Charging the extra 2000 dollars for their advertised 0%, I guess 60 months, is a total bummer.
    Why, well this is their advertising all over the TV.
    I would tell them about this! Contact the factory!
    Otherwise, your car as stated IS a good deal!
    edited August 2010
    Discount financing always has a cost. Sometimes there is a rebate alternative and others (like Mazda) there is a dealer incentive. At least the dealer is giving the real options..."0%" or $1500 off.
  • pedro45pedro45 Posts: 17
    I was told the new 2011 Mazda 6 would be out in October or November of this year. Anybody else have any credible information confirming this or not?
    Sounds about right. No 2011's have been ordered yet and there is about a 2 month turn around from order to dealer lots.
  • brainfertilizebrainfertilize Posts: 46
    edited September 2010
    It looks like they accidentally included the floor mats...wasn't on the window sticker, but they are in the car...

Price was $18788 + TTL = $20,234 (I'm hazy on the last two digits...) with 0% financing for 60 months, and 90 days no payment at all. Plus, no trade-in, no Mazda loyalty bonus.

I think I did well, but probably not a record low. Purchased from Bankston Mazda in Ft Worth, TX on 27 Aug 2010.

Follow on:
    - I got the interior/exterior appearance protection for $500. I figure all it takes is one bad spill/stain inside or a few chips on the outside and I got my money's worth. I recognize it is a gamble, but it doesn't seem overly stacked against me.
    - I also got the extended bumper-to-bumper warranty for $2150. My usual way of thinking is that they wouldn't sell it to you if they lost money on the deal, so it is a gamble you will most likely lose.
    This time, however, they introduced it as Mazda splitting the cost of the extended warranty because it gives them more data on long-term maintenance/repair trends. The addition of road hazard insurance, and the fact that it allows me to drop my roadside assistance insurance also defrays the cost to me to a certain extent.

In both cases, what clinched the deal for me is that I play to keep the car for 10 years, and want to keep the car in the absolute best condition possible for those 10 years, so I see both choices as a slight gamble to preserve the condition of the car.

Thoughts?
  • Enjoy your new car!!
    Get your self a little log book to put in your glove box, or that nice "zippered book" that comes with your Mazda6iATSport.
    Keep an accurate log on mileage/gas.
    Sit back and enjoy the comforts and smell of your new car.
  • Would like some feedback/opinions/help from you all. I am in Northern CA.

I want to know if its possible to get a new 2010 Mazda6 i sport automatic for around $17-18K OTD? Thanks.
  • Probably not. A few weeks ago , one was sold 19k+ TTL.
    Keep bugging them, selling is slow, so do deal!!
  • Today I received an on-line quote for an auto 6i sport for 17,400 and change before destination and TTL The MSRP was 21,400 and something. The dealer is located in MD - suburban Wash. DC though, with a limited inventory in that trim. The dealer said the 0% financing also applies with that price but I need to verify that further.
  • I recieved more on-line qoutes from dealers in the Wash. DC area for Mazda 6 i sports (MSRP around 21350). The lowest is $16,500 with rebates ($2000 rebate) and before destination, ttl. With 0% financing, the price is $17,734.

These prices seem very competitive and unlikely to go lower, even late in the 2010 model year. (When do the 2011 models come out?). Any thoughts?
  • My dealer in Tyler, TX say they have ordered their 2011's, but not there yet.
    So, probably in December is my guess.
    Your price for that 2010 is very attractive.
    I just did a West Coast round trip, over 4000 miles, and never got less than 30 mpg. One tank of gas got 34 mpg. Mileage with Calif. mix gas always is less that the other states I passed thru.
    I already have a few 2011's im my inventory. I got them last week.
  • I'm guessing they have the freshed exterior and interior?

My local dealer is suppose to have a 2011 S GT (listed as a 2011 on their website) but when I saw the front end it looked exactly the same as the 2010. I emailed Mazda's customer service rep and they did confirm all the changes such as the new look, steering wheel, piano trim and so on.

In any case, what's the MSRP on a 2011 6 S GT with Nav and Tech? My choices probably comes down to a fully loaded Sonata Ltd Turbo or a fully loaded 6 S GT. Going by the 2010 prices the 6 will come out about 3K higher on the sticker and shorter warranty. But I do love the way it drives and th growl from its V6

Oh choices....
  • mz6greyghostmz6greyghost Posts: 1,230
    edited November 2010
    Why not save $2K and not get the nav? Portable GPS systems are more convenient and much less expensive than the in-car systems, offer real-time traffic as well, and can be used in your other vehicle(s)...

And yeah, the growl of a V6 beats any force-fed I4... :)