Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Mazda6 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• dd123dd123 Posts: 52
    Hi

Got mazda6i + AT + SABs + Mats + Wheel Locks for 16600 after rebate of $3000 ( 2500 cash back + $500 Mazda Finance )
    This price includes the price of $100 for CA/NY emission also.

Extra fee was $50 for tire service + doc fee

I also had a trade which i got for kbb value of condition " good "
  • tmen56tmen56 Posts: 5
    Hi Everybody
    My wife and I just purchased our barnd new 2006 6i Sport 5-Door at Biggers Madza in Elgin,Ill on Monday of this week. Biggers sold us the car at invoice minus $3000.00 in rebate money.
    The car is just great fun to drive
    Dealership was great to deal with plus our salesman gave me a FREE Hat
    tmen56
  • eifukueifuku Posts: 2
    That price is correct. Mazda of Escondido has been advertising agressive teaser prices on the base model 6 sedans. I don't think the other versions are discounted to that extent but check the Saturday avertisements in the paper.
  • mensamensa Posts: 7
    Does your price 16600 include tax, title and lic.? I live in SJ CA. How is the power and how well does your AC work? I heard about the AC not working well on the mazda 3
  • msandalismsandalis Posts: 20
    Hey all,

I am interested in a MS6 and the dealer has one demo with 9,000 kms (yep, I am in Canada). It is cloth and the MSRP is $36,000 (the one I actually want - base). What do you think the dicounted price should be? Any special approaches I could take to get the best price.

Thanks,

Michael
  • dd123dd123 Posts: 52
    The price does not include TTL.
    The power is OK , handling is good. AC is good for me.
    I came from mazda3s > The ac was bad in mazda3s but good in mazda6i.

my mazda6i has ATX + SAB
  • cschneider3cschneider3 Posts: 39
    Hi All,

I just recently purchased an Onyx Black Mazda 6 S Grand Sport with automatic transmission, Satellite Radio, Wheel Locks and a 7 year 70,000 mile warranty for $23,600. This included the 2,500 rebate with 500 off for financing through Mazda Credit.

So far, I'm loving the Mazda 6, it's fast and sporty...plus there are not many Black Grand Sports with Black leather interior in my area. This car is definately 1 of a kind and the price I recieved wasn't shabby either (at least in my opinion).
  • ncgullncgull Posts: 13
    Had intended to buy a Mazda3 hatchback, but after getting a Mazda6 as a rental when my Malibu was in the shop (AGAIN), I decided THAT was the car for me. Lawd a mercy could it GO. Handling is sports-car material. May not have all the luxuries of some brands, but it was quite nice for me.

After pricing them on the mazdausa.com site, however, thought I'd never being able to afford one....

So...I went to a local dealership, and test drove the 3's (sedan and hatchback) and they rode rough and felt "tinny" compared to the 6. Still, I asked the sales idiot about getting a hatchback with a sunroof, "We don't have time to locate a car on a busy weekend -- I'll call you Monday or Tuesday", I WALKED OUT. I was SO ANGRY at his attitude, that I went down to the Enterprise lot where I remembered seeing a 2005 6 online. l(My credit union works in tandem with Enterprise and I get some great discounts as a member.) The one I'd seen had JUST been sold, but they couldn't do enough to help me locate the car I wanted. So...I secured a 2005 s, AT, 20k miles, power seats, side airbags, alloy wheels, sunroof, for $17k. Pebble Ash. It's being transferred from another state and will be ready Wednesday.

I also got an incredible extended warranty for three years (as long as I plan to own the car), and believe I'll be very happy. :D
  • cellneuroncellneuron Posts: 22
    Got a quote for Mazda 6I + autotran+ side airbag for around $17400 OTD. Is it a good deal?

Thanks
  • ncgullncgull Posts: 13
    For a NEW one, YES! Enjoy it! :)
  • cellneuroncellneuron Posts: 22
    Does anybody know something about the college student discount? how much is it and what't the terms and conditions?

Thanks
  • I checked into the recent college grad discount and found out that Mazda does not currently offer that program.
  • jazacmomjazacmom Posts: 5
    Okay, so I get a quote for an OTD price on a Mazda6 i hatch with automatic for $21,559 (including TTT and fees). They said the invoice is $22,104 minus the $2500 rebate. We had not talked trade at that point.

Today, they call my husband and say that with the trade, the price will be $17990 OTD. He thought it sounded great. I said wait a minute.

Okay, so here is the breakdown with the trade. We owe $12,200 on the trade and they want to give us $14,800, making a $2600 difference. If I add that $2600 onto the NEW PRICE of $17990 I still come up with $21,550 (a difference of $9). Meanwhile, they are now factoring in the trade, which drops the "selling" price making the tax more than half the amount of before...Right? This actually makes them make more money on the deal.

LMK if my thinking is correct, and they are trying to pull a fast one with the number game.
  • audia8qaudia8q Posts: 3,138
    If I add that $2600 onto the NEW PRICE of $17990

The payoff doesnt quite work that way....you need to add back in the entire payoff. here is an example assuming a $7500 payoff

selling price 20,000
    trade (10000)
    --------
    cash diff 10,000
    sales tax 600
    fees 200
    payoff 7500

total amount due $18,300

Hope this helps.
  • tsungtsung Posts: 2
    Hi,
    Have a deal for the 2004 Mazda 6 s Hatchback with 16k mileage, 6 speed AT, Bose, Alloy wheels, moonroof, power seat, heated seat,leather interior, ABS, Airbag and in excellent condition. KBB price is around $16k to $18k. The guy asks for $17k. I checked a lot websites for used cars and couldnt find a price like this (most of the used mazda 6 2004 i/s models' prices range from $15k to $18k) Hope someone can give me ideas about how this deal is. Should I take? Thanks!
  • chawposerchawposer Posts: 1
    I've been talking with dealerships near to me (SF Bay Area) about leasing a Mazda 6s Sport, with 6sp Auto Transmission and the Bose Audio/Moonroof Package. I am working on a 36 month, 15k mile a year lease, and was quote previously for either ~$360/month for 48 months, or ~$380/month for 36 months, but at 12k a year. Does this seem pretty high/crazy to anyone else?

I plan to use the $3000 in rebates as my down payment /GAP cost reduction / etc. Also, does anyone know what the residual value, and base interest are on Mazda 6's these days? I know I've seen quite a few more Mazda 3's on the roads and off the lots recently, and figuring dealerships would want to try and move the Mazda 6's they might have offered a better price per month that I received.

Thank You for any help and advice. :)
  • Conventional finance rebates are not always the same offered on lease/balloon scenarios.

The 2006 Mazda6 has a $2,500 factory rebate and a $500 MAC Bonus(only if financed conventionally through Mazda American Credit). This accounts for the $3,000 you speak of.

OR

The 2006 Mazda6 has a $1,500 MAC Lease/AVP rebate and an additional $500 MAC Lease/AVP Bonus(only if you enter into a Special MAC Lease/AVP). This means you only of receive a total of $2,000 for lease/balloon scenarios.

Always ask questions regarding different programs.

ZOOM ZOOM
  • mikekrmikekr Posts: 2
    Just thought I'd share my information. Yesterday we bought a new Mazda 6, sedan, s Grand Touring, with navi and a few other minor accessories. The price was $24,831 (before TTL), which is 3,000 below invoice. I took the invoice numbers from Edmunds, and they matched the dealer's invoice to a dollar (he showed it to me).
    The discount comes from $2,000 rebate for consumer, $500 dealer incentive and $500 MAC bonus, if financed through Mazda (you can refinance it if you can get better rate - that's what I'll do). By the way, the rate for me is 8.1%.

The dealership is Faulkner Mazda in Philadelphia. Overall, the experience was very positive. The salesrep was good and clearly knew his stuff. They didn't try to push any rustproofing, paintsealing, striping, or anything like that. I would definitely recommend the place, and especially the sales guy. He was very upfront with everything.

We also checked out Nissan (Altima and Maxima), Subaru (Legacy and Outback), Honda Accord, Toyota Camry, Acura (TL and TSX). We wanted 6 cyl and leather, so we were only testing the upper trims. Not surprisingly, Acuras were the most appealing cars in this list. TSX is a bit underpowered, but TL is great. Unfortunately it is also quite expensive.
    I would have bought Subaru Legacy, but my wife wanted something different this time (we already have one Subie).
    And Mazda was the best of the rest overall, in our opinion.

So if you are thinking of buying Mazda 6, the time is now - I think that 3K below invoice is a given, and they probably could potentially go even lower. I now wish I'd started lower.
    But the rebates expire on July 5th.
  • Mazda6 i + AT + SAB + incidentals (mirror, compass, wheel locks)

$16,499 + dealership fee $300 + Tax and tags

Financed through them.

Thoughts?
  • guydoguydo Posts: 3
    Used this forum a lot, so thought I would add this after my purchase...

Mazda 6i, base trim, plus:

* Automatic gear
    * Convenience package
    * Curtain airbags
    * Wheel locks

MSRP - $22,210
    Got a price that reflects $500 dealer reduction (not taxed) and $2000 rebate (taxed) and Manhattan 8.375% tax = $19,463
    Paid OTD = $19463 + $210 DMV, title = $19,673

Paid cash, so there was no extra profit from lease, finance, etc.