Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Scion xB - Hip to be square

Comments

• micwebmicweb Posts: 1,617
    Keeping the WRX is the smart move. Subies last a long time so in your hands the 55k miles are irrelevant. For trade-in or resale, however, you'll get killed.

If you want to change for fun, go ahead I do it all the time. But there is absolutely no way you'll save money by downgrading. Any way you look at it, you'll owe a lot more money on the xB than you should. xB's don't go down much in price, so you sure aren't saving money there....
  • joesbarjoesbar Posts: 20
    My son has one and my Scion has this "aux. input" for MP3 players but the guy said it doesn't work "directly" with the iPod and I would have to buy a convertor or something to put between the iPod and the Aux plug-in. What is it I'm expected to get? What is it called? Is this true?
    Go to Radio Shack, they'll set you up with a cable. There's no mystery or big $$ to it. You can also feed a CD player or cassette player through an AUX input.

What you can't do, is control the iPod through your car's radio controls. There are some hook-ups that allow this. But what's the big deal? Your iPod alread has it's own controls. (BTW, the Aux cable hookup won't allow you to operate the iPod through the car radio no matter what cable you buy; I think the "guy" you mentioned probably only mean you need a "stereo to stereo minijack plug, male both ends.")
    Thank you!! I love this ca.. er, van.. um... box!!! Best car I have ever owned. And yes I've had a Civic:)

Welcome me to your family!!

Thunder Cloud. Automatic. 06. 30/34. Like driving a piece of heaven. I hope it stays this way!
    My friend has an xB that came with a boom tube in the back. It makes a HUGE difference in the sound. I have also noticed his Scion "Pioneer" cd player has a button or two in different places.

My questions are: Are there different models of the cd players for the xB's?

Or does his sound THAT much better and seem to have that much more power solely based on the TUBE?

The xB's that come with the tubes do they also come with amps or something? Because his xB Pioneer sounds A HELL of a lot louder than mine, hard to believe it's based on the tube alone. And does the dealer install now after I bought it? (Just bought it a week ago:)

Yes I wish they were color, but at least they're something!

Killerpiece :shades:
  • if you want more power, just wait until April... Toyota finally had an official press release and states that the new xB with a 2.4L engine should hit the showroom in late spring. No official date yet, no official price yet, but there are plenty of pics to see.

http://www.carscoop.autoblog.com/photos/2008-scion-xb/
  • I was coasting down a hill for about a half a mile when my scion xb shut off. Now during the coasting i didnt touch the break, clutch, or gas pedal. I was also cruising at an avg. speed of about 55. when i reach the about a half a mile every time the car shuts off. Now is this a malfunction or a safety feature??
  • I just converted to the 195 60 15 size and it rides much better. Having said that, about anything is better than the Goodyear tires that came on it.
  • i'm trying to get a clear answer but it's tough. is 3 year/36k all there is? or is there a longer powertrain warranty standard?

i'm considering buying an 05 with only 6k miles but 'as-is' at a dealer. original owner bought it in sept. 04, so the three years are up. if it's completely uncovered i won't get it, but if it is, i might. when i went to test drive it, the battery was dead, but it recharged enough after a 10-minute drive to restart.

experian autocheck shows no odo issues. dealer has it marked at $13,990 but i'd offer 10,500, maybe 11. it's been sitting on his lot in long beach, ca., a couple months at least.

thanks for any and all help,
    david
  • dreasdaddreasdad Posts: 276
    The comp coverage is 3yr/36,000 miles but the powertrain is 5 years 60,000 miles
    you also get a factory extended as well
  • I use my 05 Scion Xb like a truck in a way. I laid forward the rear seats and cut a piece of plywood to fit the back. I am a cat trapper. I trap feral cats for spay/neuter. I believe so far the most cats in traps I've had in the back of my Scion is 22. 22 feral cats in traps. Not bad. I also often sleep in the back of my Scion, sprawled out on blankets and a sleeping bag, when travelling. I have a photo of the back loaded in feral cats in traps, if anyone is interested.
  • mkmc1mkmc1 Posts: 7
    Anyone know where these are sold?....- I've seen them online in the hundreds of dollars(!?). Just bought a used 06 and I need an OM. Thanks - great forum. Mike
    Try searching the owner's section of scion.com - I believe Toyota puts its normal owners manuals on line, available to read or download for free. The only manuals that should cost close to $100 are shop manuals, not owner's manuals....
  • I am considering purchasing a 2009 Scion Xb and have a question concerning the radio's ability to play MP3 files. Can anyone tell me if, when playing an MP3 file and turning off the radio (either by its own power switch or by the ignition switch), will the file resume playing at the same point when the power is turn on again. I listen to books on "tape" and this is a very important feature for me.

I test drove a 2009 Scion Xb with the upgraded radio and the upgrade did have the resume feature when playing MP3 files.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    Could you work around this problem by using a cheap mp3 player and plugging it into the auxiliary input jack on the dashboard? Do mp3 players have the "resume" feature you are looking for? I used to have some DVD players that would "resume" if I powered off during a play (of a DVD), but the ones I've used lately don't have "resume." Unless you use pause of course, which isn't really an option for more than a short break (and probably isn't an option at all for a car stereo).
  • Yes most inexpensive MP3 players do have the resume feature. Having the resume feature in the CD player would be very nice as I would not have to fool around with an external player, cables, etc. Also, the CD player can be controlled by the standard radio control buttons on the steering wheel - a nice feature for saver driving.

Thanks.
    In my experience, car stereos are really backwards when it comes to features. For example my 2003 Civic came with a cassette player instead of CD player. Our 2007 Odyssey won't play MP3's at all and doesn't have an auxiliarly jack.

Consumer electronics, on the other hand, is way ahead in terms of introducing new features.

Don't even get me started on the cost of factory GPS systems vs. portable systems from Best Buy.
  • I picked up a new Scion Xb today - NICE CAR. I checked out the MP3 CD Player which is standard equipment in the Scion and IT DOES HAVE THE RESUME feature. This is very nice if you listen to audio books while driving because when the car (or radio) is turned off, the CD player remembers where it was playing. Upon turning the radio back on the story picks up just where it had left off. Nice Feature!

So far I am very impressed with the Xb. I hope to be able to say that a week, a month, and a year from now.
  • I got a 06 scion XB and yeah i barely tried to use my MP3 player and for some odd reason it doesn't work i tried the mode function and pushing the AUX button but nothing I called the dealer and they told me to check the male jacks i might have the wrong ones but i got them from best buy the guy told me these would work so is it the MP3 player i got I got a Phillips GoGear 8GB and the only output it has is the head phones output and the usb output for the computer so my question is is there a special jack that I need or does Ipod the only thing that works on this car please let me know so i can get it working or take it to the dealer thanks. :mad: :confuse: :(