Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Acura RSX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

revkarevka Posts: 1,750
edited March 14 in Acura
Tell others what you paid for your RSX in discussion. And join us in our main Acura RSX (All Years/Types) discussion to discuss other Acura RSX subjects.

This is also a continuation of this archived Acura RSX pricing discussion. Hope this is helpful. Thanks for your participation!

Revka
Hatchbacks & Wagons Host

Comments

• revkarevka Posts: 1,750
    Check out the Helpful Links, on the left side of the page, for direct access to other Acura RSX discussions throughout Town Hall. Happy posting!

Revka
    Hatchbacks & Wagons Host
  • no haggle at acura pasadena in ca.

satin silver
    leather
    auto
  • Brought in Edmunds printouts, and paid exactly TMV with very little hassle, in the Chicago area. Thanks Edmunds!!!
  • Revka - Thanks for bringing this board back. I Think even if it does not get daily action, it serves a great purpose and should be available for any car/model on edmunds forums. On a side note, here is a link to Turnersville Auto in NJ. He has special prices on Acuras, Hondas and I think a few other brands as well. Last time I checked he was offering the RSX Type S and RSX base model at $1 over invoice.

http://www.turnersvilleauto.com/specials.htm

• are there any other additional fees. processing, advertising, etc? or is the only other cost, registration and tax?
  • beowulf7beowulf7 Posts: 290
    I remember perusing that Web site when I was in the market (spring 2002). I wound up getting my Type-S from Sussman Acura b/c he was able to beat the then-price, give me a better trade-in value, and was much friendlier to deal with than the slimes at Turnersville.

But some of Turnersville Acura's prices are noteworthy:

2003 RSX MT $18,716
    2003 RSX AT $19,535
    2003 RSX MT Type S $21,716

This price (although off topic), shocked me:
    2002 S2000 $1 over Invoice

And as usual, their domestic cars are well *under* invoice - by up to $3,500! But still not enough, IMO, to jettison the Japanese cars.
  • stickguystickguy Posts: 14,632
    I happened to be checking prices on a Honda with the Internet person at a local (NJ) dealer, and happened to notice the RSX prices. Base 5-speed, $18,712, Type S stick, $21,712. I think the base AT was about $500-600 more than the stick. Don't really know what this is related to invoice, but must be pretty close to it.

I posted this on the other thread, before coming here, but it is at Turnersville (link above). I may have been off by $5, since I did it from memory.

I have dealt with them a number of times, and been very pleased (as have a number of people I sent over), certainly no slime. You can also call: 1-888-252-7742 (ask for Carolyn - tell her John from Voorhees sent you ).

I noticed the S2000 also, but I'm willing to bet whatever they have left has quite a few add ons, but it doesn't hurt to check, since invoice is only about 28K on that car.

2013 Acura RDX (wife's), 2007 Volvo S40 (daughter stole that one), and 2000 Acura TL (formerly son's, now mine again)

• beowulf7beowulf7 Posts: 290
    I just posted a question in the RSX forum about the price you were quoting. You can ignore it there and we can discuss pricing here, since it's more appropriate here.

I'm just recalling my experience w/ the Turnersville Acura from this past April and May. First, the salesman tells me he has 3 RSX-S in stock, but then I go there and he basically says "sorry, we must have been mistaken". (Never mind that the place is a good 30-35 min. drive away.)

Then he called me up saying another one came in. So I went in that night after work. And he said "sorry, it just got sold". Then I finally came in a 3rd time, they had the RSX-S, and we started discussing pricing. He wasn't giving me a fair offer on my trade-in (Integra), so after an hour of going back and forth w/ him and the manager, I left.

That was on a Fri. night. He warned me that an desert silver RSX-S will fly like hotcakes that Sat., and that if I don't act now, that car will be gone by Mon. I took my chance. Then he called me at work on Mon. saying that car is still available, and that he wanted me to come in to discuss prices. I said I might come in if you give me $X on the trade-in. He said "Let me ask my manager and I'll call you right back."

I never heard from him until 2 weeks later. By that time, I already got my car from Sussman Acura, who treated me MUCH better (I previously got the Integra from him), so I was very satisfied there. So when the Turnersville guy called, I let him know the difference in experience I had between the 2 dealerships.

Phew, I'm still a little agitated w/ Turnersville, apparently. :(
    Well, my experience was different. But, I went through the internet department. They set the price, and will deal with finding out about availability, and can put a hold on it when they set up an appointment for you (to a specific contact). Just got another email today with January specials, still doing $18,716 (base) and $21,716 (S).

As also, buy what you want, where you are comfortable, but the particular saleman you are dealing with can make a big difference, and dealers change over time.

2013 Acura RDX (wife's), 2007 Volvo S40 (daughter stole that one), and 2000 Acura TL (formerly son's, now mine again)

• With all this talk of Tunersville and Sussman, I feel a little left out, as I am in southern California, and I can't find any deals like these NJ dealers.

Anyone know if it's worth the time and money to purchase from one of these dealers and ship it out to cali?

Thanks,

Ed
    Not that hard to do, assuming the dealer will coordinate with the shipping company, but you will be adding quite a bit of money (at least $600 -700). Hard to imagine you could save enough to make it worthwhile. Maybe trying something closer (Nevada, or a more remote part of CA) would work better, since you could drive it home.

• post # 3 lists where i bought my car.
    acura pasadena
    200 over invoice
    no haggle
    45 processing fee
    in and out in 1 hr.

satin silver
    black leather auto
  • I got mine thought AAA purchasing program. 2003 RSX AT, leather, truck tray, wheel locks for 22600 (out the door price) at Hopkins Acura in Redwood city, CA.
  • I just got a 2003 RSX-S with the rear spoiler for $22,248 with no hidden fees. There was almost no haggling and the whole process was exceptionally pain free.
    If your in the Philly area, I highly recommend West Chester Acura.
    and congrats on your new 2003 RSX! Thanks for sharing your purchase details. You may also want to check out our main Acura RSX (All years/types) discussion where you can share notes with other owners and enthusiasts. Happy motoring!

Revka
    Hatchbacks & Wagons Host
  • I paid $21,500 + $200 "service" fee (whatever) + tax, tags and title for my Satin Silver RSX-S. I was lucky to have eight Acura dealers within a 40-mile radius so that I could get offers and counter offers.

I sent e-mail to all eight Internet managers saying that I was prepared to buy and would be taking the best offer on my first choice color (Arctic Blue Pearl). A dealer about 30 miles away from me offered the best price (about $22,300 I think) so I went out there to do a final test-drive (I had already driven an RSX-S once during my preliminary shopping).

The Internet manager was up-front, friendly and helpful, but they didn't have the car I wanted in stock. I waited for several days for them to find one, but in the meantime the hard-sell dealer closer to me (about 8 miles away) called and said they had three satin-silver RSX-Ss on the lot and I could have my pick for $21,500 (I had previously told them that I was buying from another, nicer dealer farther away for $22,000, which was a bit of a lie, but oh well).

If you're willing to work the game a little bit, you should be able to get an excellent price, particularly in this economy.
    Due to speculated demand, this discussion has been moved back from our Archived discussions and reopened. Let's see how it goes this time around.... Thanks for your participation! ;-)

Revka
    Host/Hatchbacks & Wagons
  • volcom378volcom378 Posts: 16
    I just need a simple yes or no answer. RSX Type-S Chrome wheels, Black on black, 22,000. good deal? should i get it?
  • unagidonunagidon Posts: 20
    I know this may be somewhat irrelevant because I'm in Canada and most of you are in the US, but just for peoples reference, I was able to purchase a brand new 2002 RSX base (last month) with leather and IMO a tacky titanium kit for 10% off the MSRP. It had 6 km (or approx. 4 miles) on it when I took it off the lot.

MSRP in Canada is: C$ 27,000 + approx. $1,300 in PDI, air conditioning taxes, service fees, etc + 15% tax. And I paid C$ 24,300 + tax. Hopefully, whoever is planning on making a purchase can do better!
  • zenzikorazenzikora Posts: 64
    I don't know about the Type-S, but I now have two separate dealers from whom I can purchase a base at invoice price exactly (+destination) at $18715. One offered me that at first quote, and when I told the other, which is closer and where I test-drove, he dropped his quote to match. He also has been working out monthly payments, and offering me warranty upgrades and working those payments. Very nice. I still have to wait a bit though to see if my horse is going to sell.
    I would try to see if you can get a Type-S at invoice as well, as it wasn't that hard to get the base down to it, at least in my area (Southeast Pennsylvania).
  • dtran2149dtran2149 Posts: 81
    Just as a price point, Goodson Acura in Dallas continually offers their '02 RSX's that were used as loaners for service customers at $16.9 k starting offer up to $17.6 k. Generally they have about 10-25 k miles and are all automatic transmissions. At any time, they have about 5-7 cars all at that pricing range so it's a good proxy - I think you should have plenty of negotiation room and be able to get it down to $15.5-16 k or so if interested. I never called them and talked about it, but there may be additional perks/freebies as well by buying that way.
  • zzz137zzz137 Posts: 1
    Got a quote from Goodson at $20,523, which is $10 over invoice. Is it a good price? Has anyone bought below invoice recently? I am thinking to take this offer while asking for a free warranty upgrade.

BTW, Acura is running 2.9% special APR now. So, I think it is a good timing to buy...
  • unagidonunagidon Posts: 20
    a brand new, 2002 RSX Type-S with spoiler and rust proofing for C$ 28,600 + 15% government taxes. MSRP for 2003 RSX Type-S is $31,300 + Freight/PDI + about 16% taxes (15% government sales tax + air conditioning tax, etc.) Yes, Canada's tax system really sucks!

In simple terms, bought the 2002 Type S for 91.4% of 2003 list price, with spoiler and rust proofing thrown in.
    and thanks for sharing the pricing details. We look forward to hearing more about your RSX experience....

Revka
    Host
    Hatchbacks & Wagons Boards
  • ajhjajhj Posts: 1
    Can anyone recommend a Chicago Acura dealer? I'm looking for a 2003 RSX type-S.

Thanks!
  • il_rsxil_rsx Posts: 1
    I just purchased the RSX type S for 300 under invoice with a spoiler. out the door in 23,500. It was an end of the month deal on ALL RSX models, and yes i was skeptical. but i went over there checked it all out, and it was fine. no gimmicks. i think ed napleton's acura is in a bad location, and from discussion with other people, they don't do as much business as other dealers. i went to another dealer where we purchased our TL and they said the best they could do was 800 over. I sent an email to various dealers thru carsdirect.com and got a reply from ed napleton's for 300 under. picked up the car today at noon.

You can definitely get this car at invoice, and don't stop until you do.
    and thanks for sharing what you paid!

Here are a couple other RSX discussions you may find interesting: Acura RSX (All years/types) and Acura RSX -Maintenance, Problems & Solutions. We look forward to hearing about your ownership experience. Happy motoring!

Revka
    Host
    Hatchbacks & Wagons Boards
  • vickatvickat Posts: 43
    Hi all,
    Just got a quote here in NYC area, on RSX base w/auto, $19,199 plus tax and tags. Whadda ya say? Is it good enough? Thanks for the advise - vic
  • Hi

I am also looking at the RSX in NYC, can you tell me the dealer.
    Also did you purchase the car.

Can you tell me about it.
    my email is noredtoday@juno.com
  • I believe the 2.9% financing is now available for RSXs. Does anyone know what type of FICO score is required to qualify for the special rate?
This discussion has been closed.