Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Acura RSX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• 2fast4me2fast4me Posts: 2
    Hey Car_Man...

What are the numbers for a Type-S this month?? Thanks!!
  • tnitctnitc Posts: 1
    Hi,
    Can someone tell me if this is a good price for a base RSX with cloth and rear wing spoiler

Base price : 18900 (apprx invoice + 350)
    Spoiler : 416
    Floor mats : 65

I have this deal from a dealer in NJ but can i expect to go any lower if i shop around?

thanks
  • nileshdnileshd Posts: 7
    Did anyone buy RSX automatic with leather interior recently? If you have, can you share the prices you paid for the car. Also, I would appreciate if you could post your good / bad experiences with the dealerships if you are in Bay Area.

Thanks !!!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Hey 2fast4me. This car's lease program varies depending upon how long you lease it for and how many miles per year you are allowed to drive it. For now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. If you were to lease a 2006 Acura RSX Type-S through Honda Finance right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00104 and 58%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
  • violisaviolisa Posts: 2
    I think that's a GREAT price. This car is becoming harder to find because Acura is discontinuing the whole RSX line after 2006 and replacing it with a coupe next year--no more hatchbacks :cry: The only dealer in my area (Seattle) that has any RSXs right now is charging asking 20,600 for it (and that's with NO spoiler!) Other dealers in my area are out of stock. It's very annoying. I think I'll be able to haggle him down a few hundred, but I doubt I'll be able to even get to 19,600.
  • violisaviolisa Posts: 2
    Oops, I forgot to mention that the $20,600 quote I got included fog lamps, trunk tray, splash guards, and door trim ($577 worth of accessories).
  • I'm looking at possibly getting a new 2006 RSX Automatic w/Leather. I've been quoted 21,631 by a local dealer, which is just a smidge over the Edmunds TMV.

This is in the NYC area. Can anyone offer any advice? Should I be asking from some of the frills (most of which I'd never pay for) as a bonus here?

Thanks for any help
  • keith21keith21 Posts: 2
    Hey Car_Man,

I am preparing info for a 36 month/12,000 miles per yearlease and wanted to ask if you knew the July 2006 Money Factor and residual numbers for the 2006 Acura RSX Type S (36 months/12k miles). Also, do you think I would be better waiting until August to lease the vehicle? Also do you know the WHOLE percentage? I believe thats what they call it.

Thanks for the help,
    Keith

PS- This site is awesome & informative!
  • nileshdnileshd Posts: 7
    I bought my Acura RSX automatic with leather interior a month back for 20800 without any optional equipment in Bay area (This was around 300 less than Edmunds invoice) and I think I have got a decent deal.

I am planning to put dual Kicker subwoofers (http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Kicker-Dual-12-Subwoofer-Enclosure-Package-DCVR1- 2-/sem/rpsm/oid/117529/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do) with the audio system that comes with Acura (this is not Bose system) Has anyone put those kind of subwoofers with Acura Audio System? Any feedback will be very much appreciated.

Thanks !!!
  • dridmang, We are having problems with our 2006 RSX. We purchased in it in Nov. 2005. There is a popping/knocking noise in the right front strut. We have had it into the dealer 5 times for the same noise and they are unable to fix it. We are now trying to use our Lemon Law rights to replace the car. We purchased it in Gerogia. They can't fix the car because is it has a nonconformity that they are not recalling. Also, FYI they have discontinued the manufacturing of both ACURA coupes, RSX & NSX!
  • chungp2chungp2 Posts: 1
    Hey all, I am going to pick up my RSX Type S tomorrow. I got price quotes from a number of different dealerships around my area online. Once I got that info, i started calling them one-by-one to see if they could beat the best price quote that I got. I did this until dealerships started dropping out of the price war. It ultimately came down to 2 dealerships. Both dealerships gave quotes of $23,047 (Invoice = $22,369, MSRP = $24,460). I thought those prices were pretty decent, so I just went to the dealership that was closest to me. The other dealership then gave me a call about 2 hours before I was to go put down my deposit, and offered the car @ $22,890 ($521 above invoice). At that point, I gave the other dealership a call to tell them of the new price, and surprisingly, they dropped out. So I am taking the car for $22,890. What do you guys/girls think of the price?
    Thanks Keith. I'm glad that you enjoy this site so much. Here's the info that you're looking for. If you were to lease a 2006 Acura RSX-S through Honda Finance right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00132 and 60%, respectively. It is difficult to say whether Acura's August lease program for this model will be more attractive than its current one. If I had to make an educated guess, I would say that it will probably be about the same, but again it is difficult to say for certain. I'm not sure what you mean by the "WHOLE percentage." I could be wise and say 100% ;), but instead I'll ask you to elaborate on what you mean.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • aschmittyaschmitty Posts: 5
    I'm thinking about leasing a new 2006 RSX Type S for 36 months & 12,000 miles/year in the Chicagoland area. I've receieved a quote of $284/month with $2,000 total due at signing. The $2,000 includes all taxes & fees - no security deposit or disposition fee. We have leased with this dealer before so maybe that has affected the price a little. How does it sound?
  • kyfdx@Edmundskyfdx@Edmunds Posts: 25,881
    Taxes are pretty high in Illinois on leases... If that includes everything, it sounds like a great deal.. The car has an MSRP of around $25K, right?

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• aschmittyaschmitty Posts: 5
    Yea...you pay taxes on entire price of the car, not just leased portion. MSRP is $24,490. A final due at signing is $2,500, including first month pmt and other fees. We're taking the $284/month to other dealerships and seeing if they will beat it. We've been getting prices in the $350/month range for normal RSX's (not type S) and Scion tc, so we think this is a pretty good deal for a better car.
  • blockermblockerm Posts: 3
    I am currently looking to lease a Type S on July 31st. The dealer quoted a money factor of .00132 and a residual of 0.57 for a 36 month/ 12k miles a year. Does this match what others are getting?
  • Car Man - you are awesome

Can you check the August Finance rates through Honda Finance.

Looking for residuals for an RSX- Type S.
    (3 yr / 15k lease) and a (4yr / 12k mile lease)

Thanks!
    Hello blockerm. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor for consumers who qualify for its "Super Preferred" credit tier and pay a security deposit is .00132, just like you were quoted. This is a good sign because it means that the dealer that you are working with is not trying to mark your car's money factor up to add additional back-end profit to your deal. The residual value that you were quoted is on the money as well. This lease program is scheduled to run through September 5th.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Thanks tbenson81 :blush: . Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month, 15,000 mile per year lease of a 2006 RSX Type-S are .00132 and 58%, respectively. This factor assumes that you qualify for Honda Finance's "Super Preferred" credit tier and pay a security deposit at lease signing. You definitely should not lease this car for any longer than 36 months. That is the longest term that Acura's special money factors for it are available for. If you were to lease it for 48 months, its money factor would jump all the way to .00283.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • raniacraniac Posts: 2
    Im planning on buying a 2006 RSX Auto w/ Leather. I live in orange county, California. What is a good price range that I should be paying for this car?

I've already contacted several dealers and I've heard from $20,740 to $500 under invoice ( which I doubt he'll keep his word)

Should I be thinking of a low price since the RSX is being discontinued and by October 06 RSX's will be a used car that wont sell in their inventory?
This discussion has been closed.