Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Acura RSX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Well I just bought it. 2004 Acura rsx in Silver with ebony leather. I love it.. ended up paying after everything 20100 which I think is fair.
  • I got my car or should I say my wife's car Yesterday. I bought from the friendly people at Performance Acura in Chapel Hill, NC. Great Price too! Let me tell you now, I didnt know you could get internet quotes from Acura until I read it on hear. Some of the dealerships didnt want to do it. I got pissed b/c they kept sending back generic emails with no reference to the asked for quote.... Like, "we got great deals on selected cars and blah blah blah." I got a couple to respond back, but I really liked the attitude of Performance Acura, and they were about the best deal, beat the last quote by only 20 bucks, but in the end it was the attitude and the personality of the New car manager that won me over. Also The service dept has a great rep. too!
    In the end I walked out with the Car for about 22500 plus tax and usual fees. Great car, lots of performance for the money...and its an Acura/Honda! Dependability, service, and engineering!
    Btw That new RL is Awesome!
  • In northern california. $300 over invoice was the best I could do.
  • Hi,

I am getting a price of 21000 for an auto RSX with leather, no options included. Please advise if this is a good price.

Thanks
  • Some more info might be helpful. I am getting 21000 (includes destination but no taxes, licensing etc.) for 2005 auto RSX(black) with leather... Please share if you got a better deal than this.

Thanks in advance.
  • seems like a good deal.. I got my 2004 for 19500 before tax
  • Hi!!! Everyone I bought my RSX 2 week ago Gettel Sarasota great price $19,127.Vivid Blue Pearl. I paid extra for Tinted glass and spoiler. I love my car....>>>>>>
  • nippononlynippononly SF Bay AreaPosts: 12,691
    congrats! Very good price too, great if you have the leather?...

2013 Civic SI, 2009 Outback Sport 5-spd (stick)

• I bought my 2004 base with leather two months ago when they were offering 2.9% for up to 60 months. I jumped on that offer and ended up paying $18,314, $19,100 after taxes, destination, title/registration, etc. Can anyone beat that? My monthly payments are barely $300.
    best price I have heard yet. Were you able to bargain on the fact that they already had '05s in stock?

• I bought my 2004 about two weeks ago. It's a not the type s but does have leather. I got it for 19,500 before tax tag and title. ~21,000 after all the fees.. I barganed the 2005, but I think I could have gotten a better price if I wasn't so excited about it..
  • cota99cota99 Posts: 28
    According to Intellichoice.com, the RSX has a worse than average value rating. Do RSX owners agree with this? How do they come to these types of conclusions?
    More than average cost to insure certainly increases the costs over time and therefore decreases "value". Personally I would say the value of the RSX is not monetary but sensual! :-)

Having said that, I have never owned a car new that depreciated more slowly than the RSX, so that is worth something...

• byumbyum Posts: 13
    Just got quoted $18880 for an 2005 RSX, 5-speed, Cloth. Any comments on this price?
    about $100 LESS than I paid for the same car (2004 of course) in February this year. And I didn't notice, but I am sure the sticker price of the car rose a few hundred $$ for the remodeled '05, right? So I would say take it! But that is just me.

• byumbyum Posts: 13
    Thank you for your input. Consensus around me tell me the same thing. I might just lease it cause I was told the price was same for purchase or lease.
  • To acuragirl,

$21000? Now they are offering invoice 20765 + 10% OTD inclusive of tax,license,registration.2.9% financing too until Jan,5,05, go to Hondafinancial website special offers.Good luck!
  • When I bought my 05 Type S about a month and a half ago (23000 before tax and tags) I saw the new RL...and it is GORGEOUS!
  • "digione" What do you mean by "...invoice $20765 + 10% OTD inclusive of tax, lic., & registration with 2.9% financing"?

What is 10% OTD mean?

Any dealers reading this, and want to sell me an RSX and a TL at or near invoice, send me an email at Red02Firehawk@sbcglobal.net ASAP as we are going to pick out a color tomorrow.

I would like to take advantage of any incentives you might have in month of December. OF course, if I can get both at invoice, I would expect nothing more. I would be willing to finance the TL for a 48 month term, with the intent to pay it off within 12 months, if that helps you receive additional incentives.

Thanks,

JC
  • What options were on the RSX Type S Acura, and how much over invoice was this, "amandagsr"?

Thanks,

JC
  • Hi,

I'm looking at the special lease programs that AHF is running for the 2005 RSX's - $199/mo for the base and $229 for the Type-S....I've never leased before, and as far as I can see, my best leverage is to get the price (cap cost) down as low as possible. Anyone have any tips on this? I've already got online approval from AHF for $21K ( I guess a 740 FICO helps!)Thanks...!
  • I pretty much just got the Type S with all it's standard features...like the 17" wheels, moonroof, leather, better stereo (and it is better), spoiler, alarm, all the usual things. I ended up getting the splash guards afterwards which I would recommend getting if you enjoy driving a clean car as much as I do. The MSRP was 23570 so I really probably could've talked them down more than I had but I was too excited :) I absolutely love this car!
  • Hi, I'm trying to lease an RSX Type S, and the dealer offered a selling price (cap. cost) of $22,758, saying that was $700 over invoice.....in checking The Edmunds info its more like $1300 over invoice....anyone know the real numbers? Thanks.
  • ag127ag127 Posts: 5
    i'm in the los angeles area, was quoted 22,340 for an rsx type s (not including tax, license, etc). is this a good price?

thanks so much. this is my first post, but i've been reading your comments for awhile. very, very helpful...
  • I got a 2005 RSX type S (white pearl) with trunk tray, wheel locks, underbody kit and A-spec spoiler for $24195 before tax & lics fee/docs....think that's a good price? I did some shopping around for just the vehicle and everything on it except the A-spec spoiler and the best price that I was able to get was $23500, adding the spoiler was additional $700. A sales guy told me the with the underbody kit along with the vehicle for $23500 is a pretty good deal although he couldn't give me that price. Now what does everyone think about it? I put no money down and my payments for 60 mos is about $480. So..what does everyone think? Think I got ripped off??
    no, not ripped off!

This is a great car, worth sticker I would say (not that I would pay sticker, just on principle). So anything less than sticker can't be a rip-off. :-)

• Okay, so I thought I was gonna get my car for $24195 but the dealer lagged on getting the car together so I got another offer from another dealer: the exact same vehicle w/ underbody kit and A-spec spoiler for $23900 (before tags. I guess I can't really argue with that amount. I think it was a fair price.
  • HEY...I AM PLANNING ON GETTING A RSX AUTO W/ LEATHER 05...I WAS WONDERING WHAT A GOOD DEAL ON THAT WOULD BE INCLUDING TAX AND SUCH...I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE WOULD KNOW...ALSO...IM NOT SURE WHAT COLOR I SHOULD GET...IT'S BETWEEN A RED ONE AND A BLACK ONE

IF I GET THE RED...IMA ADD A CARBON FIBER HOOD AND RED UNDERGLOW LIGHTS

IF I GET THE BLACK...IMA JUST ADD THE RED UNDERGLOW LIGHTS

PLEASE HELP ME OUT WITH THE PRICE AND CHOOSING...THANKS!!!!
  • SylviaSylvia Posts: 1,636
    Please do not type in ALL CAPS - it is the same as yelling at us. We can hear you just fine.
This discussion has been closed.