Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Acura RSX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• nippononlynippononly SF Bay AreaPosts: 12,687
    now has an ad running that expires at month's end: $149/month for base models with cloth only. Down payment is a whopping $4000 or so. But I bet that with a bit of numbers-juggling the same lease would be around $249/month with nothing down. Not too bad.

fresca: I actually like the look of the gauges better on the '05, but prefer the exterior looks of my '04, so I am glad I got mine when I did, too! :-)

2013 Civic SI, 2009 Outback Sport 5-spd (stick)

• I just picked up a 2005 RSX this week from Clair Acura in Walpole, MA -- they made the whole process painless. Great sales people and the easiest car buying experience I've ever had!!! Got a 2005 RSX for $19,200
  • mikeodmikeod Posts: 5
    Please let me know what you think of pricing.

New Jersey pricing;

$310/month
    15 k miles
    36 months
    1500 down - 1st month plus fees
    24,240 - msrp
    23,200 - price
    56% residual
  • cking1cking1 Posts: 1
    In Baltimore MD

Purchased an RSX Auto w/leather. Options; trunk spoiler, fog lights, mud guards(a must), wheel locks, door edge guards, & sunroof visor. $23,555 on the road..tax and tags incl. Added a $495 alarm system later. Prices tend to be demographic. I would not pay over $24k all said and done. Keep in mind that most of the above options are dealer installed and will sustain an installation charge.
  • Heck yeah! I just leased an '05 Type S and I pay $368/mo with 15K, 36 months. Sounds like a good deal!
  • natenj1971natenj1971 Posts: 174
    Hi,

Any recommended NJ dealers in the NNJ area? How about pricing for an RSX with leather auto and 5 sp?

Thanks for any info.
  • brandi20brandi20 Posts: 20
    you should have tried to get them to honor the 229$ a month lease that they have offered in the past, you might have gotten at least 270$. but anyways, congradulations!
  • Hey,
    After some vigorous internet nego, i got my 2005 RSX-S at $21500 at Santa Monica Acura. The best offer I got was 21400, but I didn't want to drive down the Van Nuys. Total OTD cost 23100 with all the fees and taxes and stuff. I would highly recommend Santa Monica. No high pressure, everyone was very nice, and no funny business on the contract.

GFalls
    I love the new 17" rims for the '05 S! Hope you are LOVING it so far! (I wouldn't have endured 20 miles on the 405 to save $100 either!).

That's about 15% off sticker, right? Good price.

• consult77consult77 Posts: 26
    If the $21,500 price includes shipping then it is about $600 under invoice and only a few dollars over invoice minus holdbacks, as far as I can tell. Is Acura providing dealer incentives that we haven't heard of? Anyway, great price!
  • passat_mxpassat_mx Posts: 32
    Hi gariettaf,

Congratulations on your new ride. Could you please confirm if these prices they quoted you included destination? Thanks!
  • Hi,
    The price did include the destination charge. Breakdown of the total cost:
    21500 car
    1777 sales tax
    209 government fees
    45 document prep fee

For a total of about 23531
    Hope this helps
  • medhamedha Posts: 4
    I live in the tri-state area and am looking for an automatic with cloth. I will be financing. Nothing more. Any ideas where I can get the best deal?
    I spoke with Clair and they wanted over $20. What's your secret?
    What a great price. Where from? Did you close the deal? Please give details on the car.
  • brandi20brandi20 Posts: 20
    i just leased a 2005 acura rsx. i thought that i got a great deal. i got it at crown acura of clearwater florida. i got a base rsx w/ leather and auto. i got the promotional lease (2500 down 199/month) but with the options it was 50$ more with tax. the sticker price is about 22,700. i leased it for 36 months/12k a year. i put exactly 2500 down and got 256/month w/ tax. the gap insurance was included. it was 246 but with my name on the deal it was about 10$ more (im 20). im soooo excited. i got a deal for 230 and i was going to take that but the residual was like 14000. the residual i got on mine is 12,400. so when all is done and said i am getting it for about 1500 under msrp which ill gladly take with a lease. i plan on paying cash for the car at the end of 3 years. im going to college so this should be a good car :) and i do LOVE IT!
  • maybersxmaybersx Posts: 2
    I just decided that I wanted to look at the RSX. I stopped by a dealer here in Western PA last night. He told me that they offer NO incentives, NO rebates, etc. It's just straight sticker price. ... I really like the look and everything that I've read about the RSX. But I'm not sure that I can justify the $400/month payment. From reading here it looks like you guys have been able to get some discounts, etc. So, was that salesman full-of-it? Can I get deals?

What's the best time to shop? Should I wait until end of a month? Somebody told me after late July is best?
    any salesman telling you Acuras are sticker-only sales is full of it. But that might have been one of those "no haggle dealers". If so, and they are not marking them down a little, go someplace else.

Around August, when the next model year is arriving, is a good time to shop. Although this year, there probably won't be any changes except colors, so it is not as good a year to gain advantage from that. The other great time of the year is right before New Years - they usually get money from the manufacturer based on how many they sell in the old calendar year. Month's end is better than month's beginning for shops that have quotas for the salespeople - they are getting desperate to meet quota for their bonus at the end of the month.

• maybersxmaybersx Posts: 2
    Thanks for the tip.

Now I've got another question:

A friend of mine told me today that an Acura is nothing more than a Honda that you pay more money for. What's the advantage of getting an SRX over, say, a 2dr Honda?
This discussion has been closed.