Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Acura RSX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• brandi20brandi20 Posts: 20
    an acura basically is a glorified honda. but acuras are alot nicer. one look inside an acura and you will see the difference between honda and acura. you get more options, better quality and the acuras hold their value very well. i enjoy driving my RSX, i didnt really enjoy driving a civic.
  • bobbidbobbid Posts: 24
    Hello there! Just want to share my experience. Just picked up yesterday my new 2005 Acura RSX base model with cloth interior for $19695 (before tax and title). Do you think its a good deal? thanks.
  • nippononlynippononly SF Bay AreaPosts: 12,687
    If you take the MSRP increase from model year '04 to '05 into account, that is pretty much the EXACT price I paid for mine in February '04! So, yes, I think it is pretty good. I figure I could have wheedled a couple hundred more $$ out of them, but it was lunchtime and I wanted to go eat. (note to self: never go car shopping near lunchtime!) :-)

Now if you got an automatic for that price, you did better than I did by a fair margin.

2013 Civic SI, 2009 Outback Sport 5-spd (stick)

Yes its an automatic trans. The salesperson said he's going to include the wheel lock, trunk tray, and splash guard whick I think it's come with the car. Or is it really additional accesories? Btw, the car is satin silver not my favorite color but its insurance friendly (light color). :)
    yeah, I got that stuff too. They are accessories (not standard) but I told my dealer he had to throw it in for free or remove it as I wouldn't take the car if I had to pay for it.

My sister's RSX is satin silver also! Her favorite color of the ones offered on this model.

nippononly, since i mentioned about the wheel lock, how did you install it? Are they (the Dealer) suppose to install it for me or I need to go to the tire shop and let them install it? :confuse:
    yeah, the dealer installed mine before I picked the car up. Anything they are charging you for should be installed when you get the car. If not, go back and have them do it.

• ca869ca869 Posts: 1
    I'm trying to decide between a new 2005 Acura RSX AT or 2005 RSX AT that was the dealer/demo car and has 7,400 miles on it. The latter has been certified and now has a 100,000 mile/7 year warranty and is listed for $19,000. Is that a good price (new and used are base and have no added options) or should I just go for the new car?
  • lanceflancef Posts: 8
    Wow! Very good listed price. If its listed for $19,000 that means you can get it for even less. I just bought a 2004 RSX base auto with spoiler for $17500 certified used; it was a service loaner with 13100 miles on the clock and am very happy with the deal. If its the right color for you I'd say go for it hard.

I was also looking to buy new but certified used warranty AND Acura financing at 3.9% for 60 months (available for Acura certified used vehicles) swung the decision for me.

I say shoot for $18500 and don't look back. Good luck.

PS: While at the dealer pick up several of the brochures for the 05. If you ever resell it really helps to show these to the prospective buyer. Also see if the dealer kept the window sticker; also known as the "Maroney" sticker. If not, have the dealer contact Acura of North America to get a copy and then forward to you. On mine I called Acura about getting one and was told only the person that it was originally titled to could request one and then there was a one year time limit to do that; I just got in under the gun (original title date was June 21, 04) on that. Luckily the dealer I bought from said no problem.
    I dunno, I think I have the opposite opinion from lancef. You are looking at MAYBE a $2000 price differential between the two. And you know every wannabe street racer has had that demo car up to redline while it was still stone cold, with the salesman egging them on and saying "YEAH! See how it just wants more?".

If you can swing the $2000, it is a better idea to go for the new one, I think. Now if you are pretty sure you will not keep the car past 100K anyway, then that is different. Save your money, cross your fingers, and lean on the certified warranty.

• cbnboy30cbnboy30 Posts: 1
    i paid 20,200 for my 2003 Rsx with 18,500 miles on it
  • Hi nippononly, my parents are about to get me a brand new 05 RSX and I've been reading some of the RSX forum here on edmunds.com. While reading through tons of messages, I see that you probably have a lot of experience with the RSX.

I really dont know if its the best time to get one this June because the 06 are arriving this August. But if I'm getting the 05, it would be great if you could give me some tips or advise when negotiating with them for a cheaper price. And is it worth it to spend an extra $2K over the type s over the base model? The color I wanted is black and they have 3 of them instock (1base and 2type s). When I checked out the sticker price, it was $24 something. Is it worth it?
    I make no claim to being the RSX or car-buying expert, but given all the differences now between the base and type-S models, I would recommend the S.

Here's the downside:
    - it needs premium gas instead of regular, and mileage is lower
    - the handling is noticeably sharper and stiffer, and the base model is no slouch. This can lead to a hard ride - be sure you can live with it.
    - you've got to love to rev - the only place on the tach the S develops more power than the base model is above 4500 rpm. "Drive it like you stole it" isn't just an expression with the RSX-S.

The upsides are HUGE however:
    - 17" rims and sharp sharp handling, much sportier suspension than the base model
    - better stereo with the subwoofer (you really need it in this car)
    - 6 speeds instead of five - needed even in the base model
    - better resale, if that matters
    - MOST IMPORTANT: will NOT be upstaged by the 200 hp Civic SI coupe arriving at dealers in about 3 months. Even Civic EX's are going to have the base RSX's 160 hp for MY 2006.

Bargaining tips? I dunno, always go in prepared to walk. There are lots of dealers. Know your invoice price (Edmunds can help you there) when you go in and stick to it. The '05/'06 model turnover will not give you much leverage, as they just updated the model for '05 and I am sure they will be much the same car, so they probably will not discount the "old" one very much.

As great as RSX is, it is a slow seller, and dealers know it. Stick to invoice price and don't budge much. Some people try getting internet quotes ahead of time and play one dealer off another until they get the price they want. You might try that approach if you like it.

• rroyce10rroyce10 Posts: 9,359
    ... **As great as RSX is, it is a slow seller, and dealers know it.** ...

I don't think the proper word is "slow" .....

I would consider the word "sloooooooooow" .....

Terry.
    thank you so much terry! :-)

Slooooooow, then. Volume is below 20K a year now - RSX is almost Acura's slowest selling model except NSX. Bank on that for a better bargaining position.

• k_lasterk_laster Posts: 1
    Saturday I picked up a 2005 Acura RSX Type S for $21,582. Since you're on edmunds, you'll see that's 3$ over invoice. I absolutely love my RSX, and have already put 300+ miles on it. If you're anywhere in the midwest, I suggest going to Acura of Libertyville. It took me a little bit over an hour to walk out and get in my brand new Type S. No hassle car buying, and they say such a thing never existed!

My suggestion to anyone considering the RSX is, 1.) shop around, make dealers compete... they will if you play hardball with them, 2.) Get the Type S, if you do it right you can get a Type S for what some people are paying for base models and 3.) get a gooooooood radar detector, this car hauls!
  • I paid $15,000 for a Red Type S with 20,000k, spoiler, mint condition. I absolutely love it. What do you think of the price? Did I over pay?
    what year is it?

At $15K with those miles, no, I don't think you overpaid.

• wco81wco81 Posts: 495
    That's what they're going for?
  • inline4inline4 Posts: 2
    i thought as far as cars go (no SUV's-"MDX") the RSX/Integra as always been Acura's second best seller (good times and bad). That would put it above the RL and TSX, but behind the TL.
    Please correct me if I am wrong.
    20K is not bad for a 4 cylinder hatch based priced above 20K. 24 fully loaded with leather and what not but no auto avail.
This discussion has been closed.