Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Rough Idling / Constant Stalling

helenaramhelenaram Member Posts: 1
edited March 2015 in Dodge
I have a 2012 4.7 RAM 1500, and it suddenly started idling very rough when I was getting off the Interstate.  It was so bad that I was very lucky to get to a gas station.  It will currently start, but requires input from the gas pedal to prevent stalling.  If I attempt to put it in gear it stalls.  I have researched here and other sites, and other similar threads point to the TPS sensor so I stopped by AutoZone only to be  informed that only the dealer can provide this part.  I then called the dealer, and they said the sensor is no longer sold independently.  I will have to purchase the entire throttle body to get the sensor.  The difference is quite substantial ($40=Sensor & $300=Throttle Body) Does anyone know of a location that might sale the sensor separately or is the sensor for an 07 model 4.7 liter V8 compatible?  Also, does anyone know of any other  inexpensive things to try that might fix the rough idling issue?  Thanks in advance for anyone that can help!!!!